GGT 64: Memory Expansion Pak Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, open letter to ReRo and whoever in GGT, if you can find 14 other people who'll play online with us, I'll pick up Fat Princess. Decent co-op games are hard enough to find (looks around for Castle Crashers), so I recant some of my earlier criticism of the game. I'm still not keen on the idea of any part of an online multiplayer game being "slowed down" as part of the game rules, but I guess I can give it a chance.

I still hate the title though. >_

Well, did driving and survived.

Yay me.

Edit: Tycho summed up the Microsoft conference pretty well.

[quote name='Tycho']There are a total of two interesting, relevant announcements from these three presentations combined. The first is that Microsoft has decided, three years into the system's lifespan, that they made the wrong console. Without warning, in the middle of a presentation jutting with skewers of sizzling beef for the faithful, the entire presentation devolved into a series of gruesome outtakes from the fucking Today Show.[/QUOTE]

I still can't get over how if Netflix is delivered right will basically make me sell my PS3. We still need more specifics on Netflix.

Hopefully right when they completely eliminate PS2 backward compatibility with the 80GB PS3 taking the 40GB's spot, the 60GB sku (which I own) will jump in price. Then I can get even more money out of selling my PS3 to help me out with this onslaught of games I want on 360, and I will set aside some dough for a Netflix subscription too.

I'm not denying his points, but the way he writes it's like he's overcompensating for having a job that involves writing comics about video games. He sounds insecure.

Whoever told me to get Civ ds, fuck you.

I kid, but seriously the game blows. Tried to return but since I technically opened the game they wouldn't do it. Funny because they sold it to me gutted. I would just let it go, but I looked at my recent for the games I traded in to get it and the guy charged me a 2 dollar refurbish fee on AC4, and didn't tell me. It's for that and the fact that I got it gutted anyways that I'm going to stick a circular sticker over the opening and return it as new next week when I'm to a GS again.

Meh on Netflix. I'd still rather have the disc sent to me. As long as they're paying shipping, it's all good.

Edit: so far, I have no reason to sell my PS3. Funny how I'm hearing in GGT: "sell PS3 'cause FF on 360" or "sell PS3 'cause movies on XBL" just from E3 news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Space invaders extreme however, is fucking awesome.

Does any body want civ rev and have professor layton? That would save me the trouble of lying to satan gamestop.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Whoever told me to get Civ ds, fuck you.

I kid, but seriously the game blows. Tried to return but since I technically opened the game they wouldn't do it. Funny because they sold it to me gutted. I would just let it go, but I looked at my recent for the games I traded in to get it and the guy charged me a 2 dollar refurbish fee on AC4, and didn't tell me. It's for that and the fact that I got it gutted anyways that I'm going to stick a circular sticker over the opening and return it as new next week when I'm to a GS again.[/quote]

Awww, that was me. I love it. I was just playing it.

EDIT: HEY! I discovered GAMEfaqs has a special feedback section for being falsely banned for underageness. Now i need to scan some ID and show them who I am.

I can't find a used folklore at any of the gamestops somewhat near me :cry:

Oh well...maybe I'll somehow get lucky and find a copy before that coupon expires...tomorrow.

[quote name='DarthPuma']It's just so damn clunky. Maybe it'll get better as I play more.

Civ Rev DS that is.[/quote]

Yeah, my only problem with it is that the interface is kind of clunky (if you have a lot of units on 1 square, you can't select them all and tell them all to move to the same place, for example. Unless you can and I'm missing it.

Also, no Civpedia-thing=bad, but portable+half the price of the console version=swayed me.

lol. this is exactly what's wrong with the world:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327331

They make videogames, we play them, then judge whether they are good or bad. But look at all these fools writing epic analysis about the state of Nintendo. I know they have a right to do whatever and that i've gotten into it myself in the past, but taking a step back...it's really sad. :lol:

all this talk about civrev makes me wanna bust out civ 4 again.

but then i remember why i quit that game, the cpu never wants to be my friend.

i got a country on both sides of me.

i say, hey, one country looks ripe for the picking
first let me peace up the other country. declare war on the other!
alright i've taken half his territory.
peace treaty renounced?
surprise attack?
and a third nation declares war on me?

whyyyyyyy

[quote name='ninja dog']lol. this is exactly what's wrong with the world:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327331

They make videogames, we play them, then judge whether they are good or bad. But look at all these fools writing epic analysis about the state of Nintendo. I know they have a right to do whatever and that i've gotten into it myself in the past, but taking a step back...it's really sad. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, I do find humor in Nintendo showcasing two games that will probably be shitty and saying "there, we appeal to core audience! Please look forward to it."

Hmmm...a GS about 20miles away has that used Folklore I want. Can't decide if I want it bad enough to actually go out there though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what? dead rising wii? didn't expect that.[/QUOTE]
They've gotta give Japan a chance to buy it.
[quote name='gunm']Ok, open letter to ReRo and whoever in GGT, if you can find 14 other people who'll play online with us, I'll pick up Fat Princess.[/QUOTE]
I'm in.

glad to hear Metal Gear Online is getting the upgrade tomorrow. The reward system is going to make me love the game again. I'm still surprised at how much I like MGO.

[quote name='Chacrana']I thought both Sonic games looked a little better than being raped by a man named Shauntelle.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm pretty excited since everything aside from the werewolf parts look nice and fast. It's so far the only game I've decided I'll be buying for sure in November...I'll be waiting to see how everything else turns out.

I can handle Super Saiyan Sonic, but I dunno about Beast Sonic. I mean, that just seems like a completely different game.

Edit: it seems like Sonic Team are the most emo devs where everything is self-loathing and hatred about what Sonic is and what he's supposed to do. They must hate themselves terribly to keep destroying the franchise every new game, right?

There seems to be a free Rock Band song up for 360 from The Rocker. Look under R.

Edit: Sorry, the artist is Vesuvius, so under R. It's also available on PS3.

[quote name='gunm']I can handle Super Saiyan Sonic, but I dunno about Beast Sonic. I mean, that just seems like a completely different game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but as long as the werewolf parts aren't too frequent and they're somewhat fun to playthrough I'll be happy.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, but as long as the werewolf parts aren't too frequent and they're somewhat fun to playthrough I'll be happy.[/quote]

I hope you're right. In the clip you get swarmed by enemies and I wasn't really seeing Beast Sonic handle that too well. There needs to be some awesome super AoE move to get him out of that or I can see frustration ahead for the player. It kinda reminded me of the Simpsons Game, and not in a good way. Oh well, we'll see...

[quote name='gunm']I hope you're right. In the clip you get swarmed by enemies and I wasn't really seeing Beast Sonic handle that too well. There needs to be some awesome super AoE move to get him out of that or I can see frustration ahead for the player. It kinda reminded me of the Simpsons Game, and not in a good way. Oh well, we'll see...[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get the game regardless, I'd just prefer that the werewolf parts are good :p

But yeah, the controls look like they definitely could use some work. They still have a few months ahead of them to fix/improve whatever.

[quote name='gunm']Meh on Netflix. I'd still rather have the disc sent to me. As long as they're paying shipping, it's all good.

Edit: so far, I have no reason to sell my PS3. Funny how I'm hearing in GGT: "sell PS3 'cause FF on 360" or "sell PS3 'cause movies on XBL" just from E3 news.[/quote]
There are no games I want the rest of this year besides LittleBigPlanet. I want a lot of games on 360. Only reason I'm keeping the PS3 at this point is Blu-ray. If Netflix's video quality is decent and I have an instant rental service to watch TV shows and movies conveniently on my TV for $8.99 a month rather then wait on deals for Blu-ray where I am easily going to spend over $8.99 usually $20-30 on new releases I don't see much point in keeping PS3.

I could probably sell my PS3 with my games and blu-rays for $600 easy $700 maybe. I have the 60GB (they are phasing out backards compatiblity) with 21 blu-rays, 5 games, a bluetooth headset, and HDMI cable.

For $700 I can set aside a bunch of money for Netflix, get a few games I've been wanting, set aside some money for new releases and still have cash in my pocket.

[quote name='nyprimus4']There are no games I want the rest of this year besides LittleBigPlanet. I want a lot of games on 360. Only reason I'm keeping the PS3 at this point is Blu-ray. If Netflix's video quality is decent and I have an instant rental service to watch TV shows and movies conveniently on my TV for $8.99 a month rather then wait on deals for Blu-ray where I am easily going to spend over $8.99 usually $20-30 on new releases I don't see much point in keeping PS3.

I could probably sell my PS3 with my games and blu-rays for $600 easy $700 maybe. I have the 60GB (they are phasing out backards compatiblity) with 21 blu-rays, 5 games, a bluetooth headset, and HDMI cable.

For $700 I can set aside a bunch of money for Netflix, get a few games I've been wanting, set aside some money for new releases and still have cash in my pocket.[/quote]

That's cool. Not questioning your own personal reasons, of course. Just think it's interesting that people are continuing to view PS3 as exactly the same console that came out at launch--no games, only blu-ray, etc etc.

But on the other hand, weren't you the one that loved MLB08 The Show? I think next years' game should be even better. I can't wait for that one.

So from reports I am reading Netflix's streaming selection for PC currently sucks ass.

If I was a betting man I would say that Netflix will be pumping out quality movies/TV shows for when the fall update comes around. And if anything is announced in terms of HD content, that's gravy.

The PS3 still is pretty much the same console with no games, though... at least, if you've got other systems... I've still only got 3 games for the thing after almost two years, which is kinda pathetic. That Sony wasn't exactly inspiring in their press conference only makes matters worse.

I still don't give a shit if a console has games or not. I just like what is there even if it's limited. I barely have any retail titles for 360 either seeing as there's about the same amount of stuff I want there as on the PS3... I have what? only 3 retail 360 games? and only 2 PS3 retail games?

then again, I have a ton of PSP and DS titles... and my PSN/XBLA games are a long list as well...

[quote name='zewone']Brave.[/QUOTE]

I still don't see why you say that >_<

anywho... I have to do alot of sonic the hedghog research for undisclosed reasons. later you'll know.

also, I may skip Yakuza 1 since it seems Yakuza 2 has a nice little wrap up at the start of the game that covers the first story.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/07/16/reminiscence-in-yakuza-2/

Yakuza 1 was going to be a day one purchase until I heard of the damn enlgish dialoge.. I was so pissed at the news that I even edited a trailer... intentionally horrible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKaZMMB6TBI

man my standards are thankfully alot better at video ediiting >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back