GGT 86 Wants to club a seal to death. And JSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I hate the whole encryption thing, too, but it's easy to get around (at least in my area) since McDonald's has started making their places have free Wi-Fi. You should try going by one if you do get Black or White, Icebeezy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that is a good idea, a lot of places in NYC have free Wi-Fi I think, I don't know what type of encryption they use though, but I could probably do it that way. Thanks for the tip! :D

[quote name='icebeast']Oh, that is a good idea, a lot of places in NYC have free Wi-Fi I think, I don't know what type of encryption they use though, but I could probably do it that way. Thanks for the tip! :D[/QUOTE]
I would think most places use WEP, they do around here at least! I know it saves me the headache of having to reset my internet connection every time I want a Pokemon off WFC.

Also, the HG/SS trainers were my favorite. I just really loved their character designs.

Am I the only one that really wishes that they'd release a Pokemon game where you can play as a Team Rocket member while still being a regular gameplay type Pokemon game?

I'm tired. And hungry.

Lunch time!!

Do I have the oldest car in here? I rock a 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6. Drives rock solid, but has an oil leak at the moment, gotta save up to get some seals replaced. Fun.

I use WPA2 on my router. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm tired. And hungry.

Lunch time!!

Do I have the oldest car in here? I rock a 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6. Drives rock solid, but has an oil leak at the moment, gotta save up to get some seals replaced. Fun.

I use WPA2 on my router. :cool:[/QUOTE]
It's certainly older than mine. I have a '99 Ram Pickup and it's super badass, except for the fact I have had to do a shit ton of maintenance on it since my dad gave it to me when I turned 17.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Do I have the oldest car in here? I rock a 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6. Drives rock solid, but has an oil leak at the moment, gotta save up to get some seals replaced. Fun.[/QUOTE]

I got you beat, my car is a 1986 Buick Century. It isn't with me here in NYC though, cause there is no point since public transportation is so good and it would cost me so much just to have it here and never use it. Seriously, even when I've gone on trips to MD and MA I've just bought a long distance bus ticket which aren't very expensive at all. I think my mom may end up trying to sell if for me ultimately since at this point if I ever do need a car again I'd probably end up buying a newer one. I still drive my car when I go back to visit though, and that was the car I used for all of college.

Also, I ordered the pokemon. :cool:

[quote name='icebeast']Wait, you had people die? I think I used one health potion during the entire demo and nobody died (I was a little confused at first because I had a mage set to heal and they put a semi long cool down on that spell, which is why I had to use a potion).
[/QUOTE]

I actually had my whole party die once at the ogre battle because I was an idiot. I was playing a mage, but I didn't teach myself heal yet because I wanted to try out the attack spells in the demo, which had been really easy up to that point. Second try I beat it though with a few healing potions. Now I know what to teach myself first thing in the full game.

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually had my whole party die once at the ogre battle because I was an idiot. I was playing a mage, but I didn't teach myself heal yet because I wanted to try out the attack spells in the demo, which had been really easy up to that point. Second try I beat it though with a few healing potions. Now I know what to teach myself first thing in the full game.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't play a mage. Female warrior all the way! :D

Also towards the end of that fight the Ogre stopped being able to do anything, my mage would freeze it and we would lay the beatdown on it and when it got up I would use the hit that knocks an enemy to the ground so he was stunned for much of the end of that fight.

[quote name='Cheska19']Furthermore, the female trainer looks awesome, especially compared to the one from SS/HG.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']
Also I forgot what the Soul Silver trainer looked like but I agree, not really feeling the overall thing (I think the hat is cool though):
1099465-img_character_main01.jpg

I liked the Platinum trainer though, she looked like she would fit right in in NYC, haha:
girl_trainer.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I actually kind of hate the design on both trainers in Black/White. I actually would prefer the Soul Silver trainers to be honest. I agree with icebeast though that the female trainer from Platinum has a great design. I really like her outfit. If I had bought that game I definitely would have played as her.

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually kind of hate the design on both trainers in Black/White. I actually would prefer the Soul Silver trainers to be honest.[/QUOTE]

I just love her expression and style, to me it says "I kick ass, watch out!" :D

pokemon_bandw_trainers.png

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, but only on DSi :( I gots a lite.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='icebeast']Only if you have a DSi. :cry: I still just have a DS Lite because I love my pink one, and the DSi pink isn't pink it's clearly magenta.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually kind of hate the design on both trainers in Black/White. I actually would prefer the Soul Silver trainers to be honest. I agree with icebeast though that the female trainer from Platinum has a great design. I really like her outfit. If I had bought that game I definitely would have played as her.[/QUOTE]

The male character in SS/HG looked fine, but the girl with her overalls just looked waaaay too young. I agree that the male version in B/W isn't as cool looking as the previous installments, but being that Im going to play as the badass girl it doesn't really affect me ;)

[quote name='icebeast']I just love her expression and style, to me it says "I kick ass, watch out!" :D

pokemon_bandw_trainers.png
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel like that's exactly what her look is saying, but it's trying too hard to look like that. I think if her hair was different I would like her. :lol:
Also, the male kind of looks like a douche with his high-top shoes over his pants. :/

---

So what starters are you guys planning to use? :bouncy:

Also what's up with the whole Victini thing? Is that a pokemon you can only get for a limited time or something?

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I feel like that's exactly what her look is saying, but it's trying too hard to look like that. I think if her hair was different I would like her. :lol:
Also, the male kind of looks like a douche with his high-top shoes over his pants. :/

---

So what starters are you guys planning to use? :bouncy:

Also what's up with the whole Victini thing? Is that a pokemon you can only get for a limited time or something?[/QUOTE]

I think we don't usually get too many of these types of female characters (that aren't dressed in ridiculously revealing outfits). So I like seeing a strong female lead (that doesn't need to be baring it all). Speaking of which Jade from Beyond Good & Evil also has that type of look too.

---

I'm gonna pick Oshawatt, he/she is so damn cute. :hot:

From Amazon, info about Victini:
"In addition, if you receive your game by April 10th to receive a special Liberty Pass via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection (broadband Internet access required), which will enable you to catch the never-before-seen Mythical Pokémon Victini the Victory Pokémon--the first Pokémon that’s Psychic- and Fire-type and cannot be obtained through normal game play. Learn more about Victini. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

[quote name='icebeast']I think we don't usually get too many of these types of female characters (that aren't dressed in ridiculously revealing outfits). So I like seeing a strong female lead (that doesn't need to be baring it all).

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree about that! A lot of people think of Lara Croft as a strong female lead, but I think she is kind of a terrible example because she is dressed very revealingly and just kills people relentlessly with a british accent. I used to think Samus was a pretty good female lead, but then Other M happened. :bomb:

In my opinion Jade from BG&E is one of the better female leads. Adventure games like The Longest Journey and Broken Sword also tend to have better female leads. Also, Zoey from L4D.

[quote name='icebeast']
I'm gonna pick Oshawatt, he/she is so damn cute. :hot:
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of going with Snivy because his final evolution looks cool and is called "Serperiour," which is an awesome name for a snake.

I still use WEP. The only downside is that the password to connect is a 26 character hex string, which is not convenient to remember.

--

Huh, PSN+ peoples get MK demo next week.

[quote name='distgfx']Man, why does the netcode for Marvel suck so much? It's fucking ass, Capcom needs to fix that shit ... but you know they won't unless enough people speak up.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm getting use to it and then I run into someone online where it plays even worse than usual and it throws me off. I hate the netcode,but I know I'll play anyway.

[quote name='Cheska19']I was going to hop on and play with you guys, but by the time I was done playing some KZ3, most of you were offline :([/QUOTE]

Me and ihadfg played a few. Just till around 12:45 est. I wish you would have joined us.

lol @ Crysis 2 PC demo telling me to "Press Start To Begin" at the title screen.

As for the MP demo. . .Felt like Bad Company 2. Not a bad thing, but I already have Bad Company 2.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lol @ Crysis 2 PC demo telling me to "Press Start To Begin" at the title screen.

As for the MP demo. . .Felt like Bad Company 2. Not a bad thing, but I already have Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

Duh, they want you to use an EggsBawkesThreeSixty controller!

Never considered Crysis a MP type game. Battlefield 3 is on its way, thats the MP game for PC.

[quote name='jman619']
Me and ihadfg played a few. Just till around 12:45 est. I wish you would have joined us.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I don't think Cheska actively pursues invitations to lobbies... I think you have to invite her and hope you get lucky. :cool:

WOLF OF THE BATTLEFIELD 3!!! @__@

Hope it's good. Crysis 2 MP is pretty much the usual anymore. Here's shit to do, perks so you feel good about yourself, etc.

I have a question for icebeast or any of you that played the Dragon Age 2 demo as a warrior because I am now confused about something based on what icebeast said:
Did your sister not die before the ogre fight? Because in my playthrough, she died, leaving me as the only mage in the ogre battle along with my brother and that warrior girl. But according to icebeast, if you play as a warrior, then you have a mage with you for that battle. So did your brother die instead or something?

[quote name='ihadFG']I have a question for icebeast or any of you that played the Dragon Age 2 demo as a warrior because I am now confused about something based on what icebeast said:
Did your sister not die before the ogre fight? Because in my playthrough, she died, leaving me as the only mage in the ogre battle along with my brother and that warrior girl. But according to icebeast, if you play as a warrior, then you have a mage with you for that battle. So did your brother die instead or something?
[/QUOTE]

Yep it is like you said, and my guess it is perhaps based on gender since I was a female warrior (unless you played a female mage, then I guess it is based on class)? Namely:
my brother died before that battle.

[quote name='icebeast']Yep it is like you said, and my guess it is perhaps based on gender since I was a female warrior (unless you played a female mage, then I guess it is based on class)? Namely:
my brother died in that battle.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is interesting then. I thought it was scripted for
the sister to die.

I'm guessing it is based on class and not gender because otherwise that would have left you with
three warriors if it was based on gender.

I played a male mage.

[quote name='ihadFG']Wow, that is interesting then. I thought it was scripted for
the sister to die.

I'm guessing it is based on class and not gender because otherwise that would have left you with
three warriors if it was based on gender.

I played a male mage.[/QUOTE]

Someone online said they played as all three classes as the same gender and it was determined by their class, so it sounds like you're right.

Also, in regards to my class choice I figured I would stick with a fairly similar character to what I played in Dragon Age: Origins since I really liked playing as a warrior in that game.

[quote name='icebeast']Someone online said they played as all three classes as the same gender and it was determined by their class.

Also, in regards to my class choice I figured I would stick with a fairly similar character to what I played in Dragon Age: Origins since I really liked playing as a warrior in that game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also did that. In DA1 I played as a mage and really liked it, so I went with that again.

I like the look of female Hawke better than male Hawke, but I'm going with male since I like to kind of put myself into the situation of the game in order to make choices based on how I would actually make them. So if I played a female, then the romance choices would be off. I suppose I wouldn't mind playing a lesbian Hawke, but I don't think I'm really interested in Isabella, and as far as I know she's the only gay option for a female Hawke.

I think my son is farther along in Pokemon Pearl than I am in Platinum. He really really really enjoys playing Pokemon and talks about the game all the time.

I traded in my DSi XL to put towards a 3DS. I still have a metal blue DSi, and my kids have DS lites.

I've had some late night maintenances to do for work this past week, so haven't had much time at all to myself, let alone to play games.

I'm hoping I have some energy to at least download the PSN+ stuff tonight. :p

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I also did that. In DA1 I played as a mage and really liked it, so I went with that again.

I like the look of female Hawke better than male Hawke, but I'm going with male since I like to kind of put myself into the situation of the game in order to make choices based on how I would actually make them. So if I played a female, then the romance choices would be off. I suppose I wouldn't mind playing a lesbian Hawke, but I don't think I'm really interested in Isabella, and as far as I know she's the only gay option for a female Hawke.[/QUOTE]

I tried to romance Leliana because I thought she was really pretty (I loved her short hair).
LelianaCGI2.png

But because you have to do that event to actually fall in love I ended up screwing around with Alistair and felt kind of bad when I broke it off with him and
tried to dump the queen on him which fell through
. I also had to reload and redo like 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay because you have to pick some exact dialog choices to fall in love with Leliana as a female. I liked the ending I got though where
I asked Leliana to travel the world with me :D

I think Isabella looks kind of cute (I have a thing for piercings sometimes) but we'll see if I like one of the guys better for DA2.

[quote name='seanr1221']Everyone was saying it's too easy.[/QUOTE]
I heard the opposite, like the second ogre fight was a huge test of skill.

[quote name='icebeast']Wait, you had people die? I think I used one health potion during the entire demo and nobody died (I was a little confused at first because I had a mage set to heal and they put a semi long cool down on that spell, which is why I had to use a potion).[/quote]
That's why. She was busy fighting instead of healing. The gambits in FFXII worked much better than the ones in DA2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought the Dragon Age II demo was supposed to be hard? I got through it without much more than one person dying during the few boss fights in the demo. It was pretty good, so I may get it when it goes on sale during the summer.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the only part I would consider hard was the boss fight.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I can't be the only one who's disappointed by the 3ds lineup.[/QUOTE]
Not the line up I was hoping for but I see a few games(Ghost Recon, SSF4 and Pilots Wings) I do want. So I have no problem throwing down $100 to go pick one up.

All that Pokemon talks makes me want the game... Might pick it up if I get this job I applied for.

[quote name='icebeast']I tried to romance Leliana because I thought she was really pretty (I loved her short hair).
LelianaCGI2.png

But because you have to do that event to actually fall in love I ended up screwing around with Alistair and felt kind of bad when I broke it off with him and
tried to dump the queen on him which fell through
. I also had to reload and redo like 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay because you have to pick some exact dialog choices to fall in love with Leliana as a female. I liked the ending I got though where
I asked Leliana to travel the world with me :D

I think Isabella looks kind of cute (I have a thing for piercings sometimes) but we'll see if I like one of the guys better for DA2.[/QUOTE]

I like Leliana's look, but I couldn't stand her personality. Probably because being a Magi, I hated the Chantry.

I romanced Morrigan because I found her to be far more agreeable overall. At the end of Origins though,
I gave her my seed for the demon baby, and then she went off on her own after the final battle. My final dialogue choice regarding her though was that I would go off in search of her now that my quest was done. And then at the end of Witch Hunt, I ended up going with her through the portal so that we could "face the future together" or something like that.

The CG trailer for Dragon Age: Origins was freaking awesome, it just sucked that the characters didn't look like that in the game.

My first play through I made a red headed archer that looked that exact same as Leliana. I'm talking the exact same. Second play through was a sword and shield. Third play through that I didnt get to finish was a two-handed female. The armor was cool in the game, but the big stuff looked weird on the characters. All this DAO makes me want to play the game again, then I realize that I would have to go through the Fade again, fuck that.

[quote name='ihadFG']I romanced Morrigan because I found her to be far more agreeable overall. At the end of Origins though,
I gave her my seed for the demon baby, and then she went off on her own after the final battle. My final dialogue choice regarding her though was that I would go off in search of her now that my quest was done. And then at the end of Witch Hunt, I ended up going with her through the portal so that we could "face the future together" or something like that.
[/QUOTE]

At the end
I had to convince Alistair to impregnate Morrigan (because I still had feelings for Alistair and didn't want to die myself (that was my reasoning, not part of the plot)), leading to some of the most awkward and funny scenes in the game (since they hate each other haha). I still haven't played Witch Hunt yet, I need to hurry up and finish Awakening, and then play through that and Leliana's Song.

[quote name='jman619']Street Fighter 2 turns 20 years old that makes me feel extremely old. I remember when it first hit the arcades.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I remember playing it in the arcades. First character I picked was Gief against the AI Blanka.

I got smeared. :cry:

I paid that bitch back at the laundromat not long ago.

Happy Bday Street Fighter! RAI-YOU!

As for Crysis 2 and the PS3, who cares? Is this a game people are hyped for?

Crysis was just there to show case new tech, Crysis 2 doesn't even try to further PC tech, they went backwards. I'm pretty sure the SP will be a solid experience, but nothing new at the table. As for MP, are people really lining up for this game for MP?

So I was 2 when SF2 came out.

Turns out I don't like SF because I don't like things that came out before my time. It's like old people talking about the Titanic or Ford or walking 10 miles to school in the snow or something.

hahaha, This weeks NintenDownload X-press podcast was the just the Bombcast.

j-cart: They want people to actually be able to play the game this time...

Edit: PC gaming lolololol...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back