GGT 89 Brought to you by Beast Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ihadFG']But now you two are eskimo brothers![/QUOTE]

... wut

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']3.60 isn't up for me. It's supposed to go up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Don't they sometimes come out really late the night before?

Wasn't up for me either, I checked immediately after asking.

No, Joel, that was the optional update to 3.56 which was supposed to fix the bullshit "can't update your HDD" feature.
It didn't work.

You should've bought PSN+ last monday so you'd have gotten February's content too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Oops, yeah, apparently I didn't have 3.56 yet? Wtf? I thought you always had to update as soon as you sign into PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm blaming this on your wife.

[quote name='distgfx']Only if you promise to break it so I can watch it on youtube.[/QUOTE]

But I'm too beautiful for Youtube.

Okay, so I'm looking at my raptr page. It lists all the achievements you get as you get them. it also throws in a nice little statistic underneath. So, for example, in Chapter 5 of Dead Space 2, you get this achievement. You HAVE to. It's something that you get from simply progressing.
Clever Girls (10 points)
Survive your first encounter with Stalkers
9% of Raptr users who play this game have this achievement

Wait, what the fuck? Out of the people who play this game, only 9% have gotten less than 3 hours into the game? What the fuck have they been doing?!

[quote name='distgfx']I'm blaming this on your wife.[/QUOTE] That's what I always do. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wasn't up for me either, I checked immediately after asking.

No, Joel, that was the optional update to 3.56 which was supposed to fix the bullshit "can't update your HDD" feature.
It didn't work.

You should've bought PSN+ last monday so you'd have gotten February's content too.[/QUOTE] Aww, that sucks. Wait, since I'm in PSN+ now, I can set my shit to update automatically, right? And yeah, I regret not buying last monday, but they didn't announce the cloud back then... after suffering one YLOD, I understand how much I want the cloud.

[quote name='ihadFG']Joel you totally made me want to play some Cho Aniki now. I think I'll go do that.[/QUOTE]
WOOO! DO IT!

[quote name='gunm']Playing other things?[/QUOTE]

I suppose... but it only tracks releases you've played. So, Raptr wouldn't know if you have the game if you've never played it. And it's still a new release. Still going for retail at most places. When you spend 60 bucks on a game, don't you usually play it when you get it? If I know I won't play a game at release, I wait for it to drop before I pick it up. It makes no sense.

Not necessarily. They may play up to a certain point, then something new comes out and they play that. Or they find they don't like it and then they trade it in to GS.

Or it could be that raptr is buggy and useless. :p

[quote name='gunm']Not necessarily. They may play up to a certain point, then something new comes out and they play that. Or they find they don't like it and then they trade it in to GS.

Or it could be that raptr is buggy and useless. :p[/QUOTE]

The latter is more likely. I mean, here's an achievement I got 25 minutes into the game:
One Small Step (10 points)
Get through the first Zero-G area
9% of Raptr users who play this game have this achievement

The way this makes it sound is that people are turning on Dead Space 2 and going straight to multiplayer. This can't really be the case... right?

[quote name='linkpwns']The way this makes it sound is that people are turning on Dead Space 2 and going straight to multiplayer. This can't really be the case... right?[/QUOTE]

That's a very disturbing thought.

[quote name='linkpwns']The latter is more likely. I mean, here's an achievement I got 25 minutes into the game:

The way this makes it sound is that people are turning on Dead Space 2 and going straight to multiplayer. This can't really be the case... right?[/QUOTE]

But the multi is GOOD. :bomb:

Also, could be that a lot of people don't use Raptr.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yo. Watching Teen Mom 2 from last night, Real World is on soon.

Drama. Love it.

Kailyn is a pug faced whore.[/QUOTE]

Man, that bit when Kailyn moved back in with her mom... heartbreaking

A real troll does his research ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']But the multi is GOOD. :bomb:

Also, could be that a lot of people don't use Raptr.[/QUOTE]

I thought it might be, but I won't touch it until after I finish the single-player...

[quote name='linkpwns']Man, that bit when Kailyn moved back in with her mom... heartbreaking

A real troll does his research ;)
[/QUOTE]
Dude, this shit is so hype right now.

Hoo boy.

Only 3 more episodes. :cry:

[quote name='linkpwns']
I thought it might be, but I won't touch it until after I finish the single-player...[/QUOTE]

By then nobody will be playing. :3

I tried it immediately after I entered that fucking online pass voucher since I was sick of the game annoying me about it.

[quote name='Chacrana']linkpwns, you nasty ass $$$$er. We're actually watching the show right now.[/QUOTE]

You guys actually watch this shit?
I mean, I guess I can't judge. I actually watch
Jersey Shore
But living so close should justify that...

[quote name='linkpwns']You guys actually watch this shit?
I mean, I guess I can't judge. I actually watch
Jersey Shore
But living so close should justify that...[/QUOTE]

BRO we watch that shit too!!!

Thursday, cannot wait. :bouncy:

Get on Skype then.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']BRO we watch that shit too!!!

Get on Skype then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. And we're watching The Real World in 7 minutes :bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']BRO we watch that shit too!!!

Get on Skype then.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna be around for the live showing of it. but next time you guys watch it, I will pull no punches to make sure I'm on skype.

Huh. Second EA game I got cheap. Second EA game I got the LE of for cheap. Don't think I'm complaining, though the LE cover for Bulletstorm kind of sucks. Not sure if it's better or worse than the normal one.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is really good. Seems to have a bit of slowdown :)ps3:). Might be my montor though.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is really good. Seems to have a bit of slowdown :)ps3:). Might be my montor though.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any slowdown when I played on PS3.

So, since my netbook is burnt out, and I can only read for so long, I want some shit to do on my 6 hour bus trip on Friday. I left my DS at home :/
So I'm running emulators on my phone! I have SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, Sega Genesis, and Master System emulators. I was planning on playing Pokemon Red, but I'm buying Pokemon Black when I get home, so I may be burnt out on Pokemon eventually... Recommend me stuff. Do your worst. (Preferably, your best.)

Just beat the MK Demo, I liked it a lot. I would buy it day 1, but I don't know if it's really worth the money yet. Depends on how many others will be getting it.

I played through the MK Demo twice more as Scorpion trying to get his Fatality... I really don't like the game. Promptly deleted the demo afterwards. fuck that, even with the fixed controls (shoddy) on my fightstick, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it and I'd still probably feel ripped off. :(

distgfx, the combo was b+triangle xx spear -- you're right, it hits mid.

--

thanks for the heads up on 3.60, gunm. downloading now.

[quote name='distgfx']Uploading saves to the "cloud" is pretty fucking fast, I'm honestly surprised.[/QUOTE]

Shame there's not a "upload all game saves" or "upload this checklist of saves". :(

My Bioshock saves are taking up 24mb. Damn. :shock:

I just did the female city elf warrior origin story in DA:O. That was seriously like the most badass thing ever. If I wasn't about to start DA2 this weekend, I would consider replaying Origins with that character.

Need to upload my saves to the Cloud tonight.

fuck I wish this was available before I lost my fucking Demon's Souls save. I wasn't too far in, but still, I don't really feel like doing all that same shit over again.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Can anyone confirm if you can backup saves on an account that doesn't have plus, but instead is on the same console as one?[/QUOTE]
No, it's only usable if the account that's logged in is a PS+ account. If the save isn't locked, you can probably copy it from one profile to the PS+ profile and then upload to the cloud.

I got all my major saves uploaded, my biggest one was SSFIV which was like 18mb (I'm not even sure what that is since the MvC3 one is way smaller, haha).

I also popped DA2 in installed it and redeemed and downloaded my DLC stuff, figured I'd get that out of the way now so I don't have to do it when I go to actually play it; which like I said earlier might still be a couple weeks out since I need to finish up Awakening and Witch Hunt at the very least.

[quote name='icebeast']I got all my major saves uploaded, my biggest one was SSFIV which was like 18mb (I'm not even sure what that is since the MvC3 one is way smaller, haha).[/QUOTE]

I think it's because all that space is a placeholder for replays. Other games that had replays had separate replay saves for me. SSFIV was just one big save and MvC3 doesn't support replays.

[quote name='distgfx']I think it's because all that space is a placeholder for replays. Other games that had replays had separate replay saves for me. SSFIV was just one big save and MvC3 doesn't support replays.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that and the save has an embedded sound clip (i.e. if you hover over it, it plays music, which I'm guessing is probably stored in that file)... which is just stupid.

The Cloud seems too small. 150Megs is what email boxes used to be. 5 years ago.

I have only a small fraction of the games I own on there and already the thing is over 20MB in. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back