GOG Deals Thread

This'll probably sound stupid, but since the Steam versions of The Witcher 1&2 have a GOG key, would the GOG versions have a Steam key?

This'll probably sound stupid, but since the Steam versions of The Witcher 1&2 have a GOG key, would the GOG versions have a Steam key?
No, they won't.

If you're in the market for the Witcher games and you want them on both services, you're better off buying through steam and registering your game over on GOG. That's what I plan to do during the Steam summer sale. I'll probably be able to get Witcher 2 at about this price too. If not lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I understanding this sale correctly, if a game is on sale for 50% off and not a daily it will be that sale price for the entire duration of the sale (until July 5th)? I am interested in the sands of time for prince of persia but if it might be cheaper later as long as I don't miss out on the $5 I'm fine lol.

Any thoughts on Strike Suit Zero at that price?
I'm also interested in people's thoughts on Strike Suit Zero. It's the only one of today's deals I'm considering.
I guess it depends on how much you prefer DRM-free over Steam. The Steam version has been $2 before in an Amazon bundle, and a few people have been selling it for $2 in the Steam trade thread. Not as many sellers now though, because the bundle sold out. If you can wait, I'd just get a Steam copy.

So am I understanding this sale correctly, if a game is on sale for 50% off and not a daily it will be that sale price for the entire duration of the sale (until July 5th)? I am interested in the sands of time for prince of persia but if it might be cheaper later as long as I don't miss out on the $5 I'm fine lol.
There are games from 4 developers that are only on sale for this week and will be regular price again next week before the sale is over. Any other games should be 50% for the duration of the sale unless given a daily deal where the discount will be more. The forum has a post that says which devs only put their games on sale for this week only - sorry, can't recall if PoP is one of those.

There haven't been any Ubisoft promos yet. Whatever you're seeing on PoP is the normal sale price for that game for the duration of the summer sale. Wait, there will probably be an Ubisoft day in the sale.

And do yall have any other good titles I should be on the lookout for other than Alan Wake? I wouldn't mind being introduced to new series
If you've never given point-and-click adventures a try, I would keep your eyes out for those. GOG has a great collection of these classic games. The series to look out for are...

King's Quest

Broken Sword

Space Quest

Gabriel Knight

Quest for Glory

Gobliiins

Police Quest

Leisure Suit Larry
There are very high quality and free remakes of King's Quest 1-3 as well as Quest for Glory II, here:

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

Imo, the graphics in KQ1 were looking dated by the last 80s.

I think the one game above all GOGers are hoping for a sale on is better than 50% off System Shock 2.

I think the one game above all GOGers are hoping for a sale on is better than 50% off System Shock 2.

weird-o.gif

Yeah I think I'm gonna grab Miasmata while its still on sale.

What are the chances Gangsters: Organized Crime will go any lower than 2.99? If I'm understanding everyone correctly it will be that price til July 5th, correct? Really would like to play this game again, been forever, but I always really enjoyed it. I can wait it out though if there is a small chance it could go even lower.. 

Thanks for this thread, by the way!

Yeah I think I'm gonna grab Miasmata while its still on sale.

What are the chances Gangsters: Organized Crime will go any lower than 2.99? If I'm understanding everyone correctly it will be that price til July 5th, correct? Really would like to play this game again, been forever, but I always really enjoyed it. I can wait it out though if there is a small chance it could go even lower..

Thanks for this thread, by the way!
No idea. Historically GOG's recent sales have been largely "bundle"-based, meaning that you get a significant discount (70-80%) if you buy a pack of games but only a base discount if you buy a subset of those games. However, during this summer sale, they have had daily deals at significant discounts, so it's possible that an obscure title like this could be featured as a daily. At any rate, it won't hurt you to wait until the last day of the sale to see whether it ends up as a daily and then grab it if it isn't.

Summer sale Day 03

Today we got a couple of deals where you need to buy the whole package to get the big discount.

[SIZE=27pt]50% or 75% off[/SIZE] Daedalic Adventure All-Stars

Deponia - $4.99 or $9.99
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia - $4.99 or $9.99
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout + Harvey`s New Eyes - $4.99 or $9.99
A New Beginning - Final Cut - $2.49 or $4.99
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, The - $4.99 or $9.99
Whispered World, The - $3.74 or $7.49

[SIZE=27pt]50% or 75% off[/SIZE] Might and Magic Megapack

Might and Magic 6-pack: Limited Edition - $2.49 or $4.99
Crusaders of Might and Magic - $1.49 or $2.99
Might and Magic 7: For Blood and Honor - $1.49 or $2.99
Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer - $1.49 or $2.99
Might and Magic 9 - $1.49 or $2.99

I don't own a single one. I'm thinking about picking up the whole pack though. It'd only be a little bit more expensive than if I were to buy two games (assuming that one of them was the 6-pack)

Not worth buying the Daedalic pack.. all of their games seem to be getting indie bundled.. unless you REALLY want them on GOG.

Grabbed the Might and Magic pack. Only really wanted MM1-6 and 9 since I have MM 7 & 8 but the pack was still cheaper than buying just those two items. Worth noting that I bought MM8 from GOG during the last big sale and I was still able to get the full discount by buying the games I didn't own.

For anyone looking to find someone who owns nearly everything on GOG so you can buy games at a discount, meet Severose.

Now this may generate a high volume of CAG messages, in which case I'll need to turn the volume down and create a filter for people I actually know or something of that nature.

I don't have the time or memory resources to help 100 people get 100 different combinations of games that they want from the bundle, so I'll just say that my help will only be offered at my own discretion, to those users that I'd like to help out more than the average training wheels CAG (no offense intended).

In any case, it doesn't hurt to ask. The least I'll do is send you a message letting you know that I won't be able to help you (don't worry, I'll be gentle). As long as being rejected doesn't spur some internal emotional breakdown or depression, feel free to shoot me a PM asking for help.

Those of you who I'm 100% willing to help, I'm pretty sure you know who you are. If you think you're one of those people and you actually aren't, I'm sorry, and I'll be needing your shipping address so I can send you a care package of chocolate bars. No I won't, but I'll let you down lightly.

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like I can only buy you the entire pack. No sense in doing that lol... Well, if it ever comes up that you are in need of such a fellow, now you know that I'm most likely your go-to guy.

EDIT EDIT:Scratch that scratch that, looks like I actually CAN help you get any combination of games at a discount (thanks MIND LINK).

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Just a note, I'll require that you send the PayPal funds prior to the purchase, so no funds are removed from my bank account.

What's the play like in the might and magic series?  I'm used to isometics (infinity engine, special, arcanum).  I looked at the screen shots and understand the games are from all over the map era wise but they've got share some commonalities in the first 6 and some thematic commonalities layout wise throughout most of them.  At 8.45 that looks like a lot of gaming goodness.

Believe it or not, I've never played ANY Might & Magic game (besides HOM&M). And I loved (still do) dungeon crawlers (grimrock is a masterpiece), so, I don't know why I never played those.

MAYBE I should bite on this promo, but I'm saving for an upcoming Ultima collection.

lol $1.49 for M&M 9. Couldn't pay me that much to play it. Was excited for it when it was released way back when and then was utterly disappointed in it after playing it. Mouselook tech didn't go over well with that series. I can only hope 10 isn't as awful. Might and Magic 1-6 is more than worth that price though. 2 and 6 are amazing. (2 even more so if you like in-depth and don't mind the graphics being 1988 Commodore 64/Amiga graphics.)

I'm in a similar position to juanjava. I've never played any of the Might & Magic games. OuterFox seems to have a pretty low opinion of M&M9. Is that the general consensus? Is M&M9 not worth the money even at 75% off? What about the rest of these games? Any of them that i should just skip?

I'm in a similar position to juanjava. I've never played any of the Might & Magic games. OuterFox seems to have a pretty low opinion of M&M9. Is that the general consensus? Is M&M9 not worth the money even at 75% off? What about the rest of these games? Any of them that i should just skip?
Might and Magic 1-6 is the best bang for your buck. While tons of people say that 6 is the pinnacle of the series, you'll find a lot of people who enjoyed 7 and 8 (I didn't mind them, I just didn't like them as much as I did 6). Loads of people found 9 atrocious. They tried to make it more "3D" and added Mouselook to it amongst other things that just went wrong with it. I'm sure there are a handful of people who liked 9.

IMHO, avoid 9 but pick up the rest.

I'm going to give the Might and Magic bundle a pass for now. I've never been familiar with the series, and I just got the Dungeons & Dragons bundle. I figure I'm probably set for classic western RPGs for the moment.

I did pony up for the Daedelic bundle, though. I love point-and-click adventures, and I wanted to show some monetary support for someone who is keeping the genre alive. Also, I REALLY like the art style I'm seeing in those screenshots.

Might and Magic 1-6 is the best bang for your buck. While tons of people say that 6 is the pinnacle of the series, you'll find a lot of people who enjoyed 7 and 8 (I didn't mind them, I just didn't like them as much as I did 6). Loads of people found 9 atrocious. They tried to make it more "3D" and added Mouselook to it amongst other things that just went wrong with it. I'm sure there are a handful of people who liked 9.

IMHO, avoid 9 but pick up the rest.
Thanks for the opinions. I think I'm gonna take your advice and pass on M&M9.

And if I ever end up regretting the decision, I should be able to pick it up for pretty cheap next time it goes on sale because I'll have all the other games.

I've been playing World of Xeen (Which is what combined Might and Magic 4 and 5 is called) a week or two before this sale showed up and I'm loving the hell out of it. Been playing it for at least a few hours every day, definitely becoming one of my favorite RPGs. Finished it on cloudside and I'm tromping around in darkside now.

g0n4lgb.png

I got the MM 1-6 pack mainly for World of Xeen since I already own MM6. Played WoX for several hours tonight but there are a couple of things that are keeping me from fully enjoying it. The first thing is the map. You can't scroll it or make annotations which can make it tough to get out of a dungeon if you don't remember where you came in. Lands of Lore came out around the same time and the mapping was way better. The other issue is the way items are handled. I hate having to make a trip back to town and visit the blacksmith just to find out how much damage a basic item does. From what I understand, you can't even get the Identfiy skill for your characters like you can in the later games.

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon, FTL). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.
Stupid, I want good old games from them, not mediocre new games that look old.

Man, I'd grab Incredipede and Evoland for $2.50 apiece in a heartbeat, if they weren't tied to bundles...

Is there an appropriate thread to see if anyone's wiling to help me out with that and/or trade some of my Steam stuff for GOG gifts?

The funny thing about the bundles.... I've got System Shock 2 and Omikron in my cart waiting to go. I'm just holding out to see if they get added to a bundle before the end of the sale! C'mon! I want to give you my money!!!

Well, now I have the 3 giants: Ultima collection (última 7 is the best pc game ever IMHO, already have it), D&D (I have the anthology or whatever name is, from gamestop, without NWN) and Might and Magic (from which I never played any have it).

What I can see is that the #9 is never good xD

Today's sale isn't too bad. I jumped the gun before I looked. There are some old games on sale, king if dragon pass is great if anyone doesn't have it yet and you don't need to buy a bundle to get the 75% off.

They did this same thing on the holiday sale last year: throwing all the "special deals" on a certain day (it was December 20,"end of days sale" if my memory is ok). All you see today is the entire sale as it is. I don't think they'll throw anything new later

Thoughts on Kings of Dragon Pass? obviously judging by the ratings the game is quite good but how does it plays? Defender's Quest is a nice deal for $3.74 if you're into TD games but taking in consideration that i has card drops on Steam i guess i'll wait to hit 75% there. The Kain and Raziel Saga is an absolute must buy for that price, it sells almost for the same price than the Steam version and includes Blood Omen 2.

http://www.gog.com/news/nodrm_summer_day_4_longest_day_of_gaming_supersale

GOG said:
NOTICE: If you own some of the games in a bundle, you can complete it with the missing games with the bundle discount applied. All you need to do to get only those you are missing, is to click "buy now" button on a bundle, and then manually remove the games you own from your cart at the check out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have at least 1 game from the pack, you can buy the individual games for the bundle-discount price. See above.

Hoooolleeeee crap! Talk about options. Today's bundles include everything that was available earlier in the week, and piles on a whole heap of other discounted games.

I've gotta get...

Fez

Retro City Rampage

Legacy of Kain pack

Builders Boon Bundle

There are still some games after those that I'm interested in. The space-sim bundle has Alpha Centauri, which I had been planning on eventually getting anyway. Are Master of Orion and Galactic Civilizations worth having? Also, what is the value for the Ultima bundle? It looks like a great deal but are those games worth it? Ditto for Heroes of Might and Magic. My brother loves that series but I've never gotten into it.

Hoooolleeeee crap! Talk about options. Today's bundles include everything that was available earlier in the week, and piles on a whole heap of other discounted games.

I've gotta get...

Fez

Retro City Rampage

Legacy of Kain pack

Builders Boon Bundle

There are still some games after those that I'm interested in. The space-sim bundle has Alpha Centauri, which I had been planning on eventually getting anyway. Are Master of Orion and Galactic Civilizations worth having? Also, what is the value for the Ultima bundle? It looks like a great deal but are those games worth it? Ditto for Heroes of Might and Magic. My brother loves that series but I've never gotten into it.
The Ultima bundle is worth it for Ultima VII Complete alone especially if you've never played it. I already own Ultima VII Parts 1 & 2, Ultima VIII and Ultima IX from their original releases but I'm thinking about grabbing this bundle anyway since I don't have a 3.5" floppy drive in my current PC. :D

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.
Stupid, I want good old games from them, not mediocre new games that look old.
+1

Theres a rediculous amount of games that usually go on sale during all their sales, not even touched this time. It really does seem like indie fest over there

bread's done
Back