GOG Deals Thread

I just wanted to comment on this. I'm a movie fan, critical at times, but overall a fan. I enjoy watching movies, good or bad. Alone in the Dark is the only movie I have never been able to finish watching. I've tried...oh, how I've tried. Even tried watching different sections at different times to at least say I've watched the entire thing. Nope.

Worst

Movie

Ever

But it has the best lines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69REY-a8xxU

GOG updates users on the regional pricing.

Hey, GOGgers,

We're not perfect, we're exploring new frontiers, and we make mistakes. We thought DRM-Free was so important that you'd prefer we bring you more DRM-Free games and Fair Price was less critical and that it could be sacrificed in some cases. The last two week's worth of comments in our forums (nearly 10k!), show that's not the case. We didn’t listen and we let you down. We shouldn't sacrifice one of our core values in an attempt to advance another. We feel bad about that, and we're sorry. Us being sorry is not of much use to you, so let’s talk about how we will fix it.

One: DRM-free forever. Abandoning fixed regional pricing means it will probably take longer to get some games, but you've made it clear that sacrificing fair pricing for more DRM-free games isn't acceptable.

Two: We will adamantly continue to fight for games with flat worldwide pricing. If that fails and we are required to have regional prices, we will make up the difference for you out of our own pockets. For now it will be with $5.99 and $9.99 game codes. In a couple of months, once we have such functionality implemented, we will give you store credit instead, which then you will be able to use towards any purchase and cover the price of it in full or partially. Effectively gamers from all around the world will be able to benefit from the US prices.

This will apply to every single game where we do not have flat pricing, such as Age of Wonders 3 (full details here), Divinity: Original Sin, and The Witcher 3. If you remember the Fair Price Package for The Witcher 2, this will be exactly the same.

Three: We still intend to introduce the pricing in local currencies. Let us explain why we want to do it and how we want to make it fair for everyone. From the very beginning our intention was to make things easier for users whose credit cards/payment systems are not natively in USD. The advantages are simple because the price is more understandable and easier to relate to. There would be no exchange rates involved, no transaction fees, and no other hidden charges. However after reading your comments, we realized we have taken an important element away: the choice. In order to fix this, we'll offer the option of paying in the local currency or the equivalent in USD. This way, how you pay is always your choice.

Four: You are what matters, and we will be sure to involve you all more in what we're doing and why we're doing it. Let's start by meeting you at GDC - we’d like to invite you to meet us face-to-face Monday the 17th at GDC. Obviously, not all of you can come to San Francisco, so we want to invite all of you to an online event with us early in April to ask us whatever you would like. More details soon.

The bottom line is simple: there may be companies that won't work with us (although we will work hard to convince the most stubborn ones ;). Yes, it means we might miss out on some games, but at the same time GOG.com will remain true to its values and will keep on offering you the best of DRM-free gaming with Fair Prices.

Once again thank you for caring so much about GOG.com. We will work hard not to disappoint you again.

--Marcin "iWi" Iwinski & Guillaume "TheFrenchMonk" Rambourg

That's nice, but I'd like to know why they're still dealing with a publisher that forces them to price gouge on their own game (The Witcher 3.)

That's nice, but I'd like to know why they're still dealing with a publisher that forces them to price gouge on their own game (The Witcher 3.)
It's not the publisher that is forcing them to do it it's the retail stores. So unless they want to only sell the game digitally the stores force them to change the pricing.

New "LSuck of the Irish" sale started today. 

Pro tip: On the checkout page, you can ctrl+u to view source and ctrl+f search for "data-title" to see what you're getting. If you don't like it, you just go back to the promo page and try again.

Pro tip: On the checkout page, you can ctrl+u to view source and ctrl+f search for "data-title" to see what you're getting. If you don't like it, you just go back to the promo page and try again.
People on the GOG forum seem to be loving it. I just see it as a bunch of bundle fodder. There are maybe 1 or 2 good games in the pot of gold, one of them being Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Everything else is indie bundle fodder, or has already been bundled.

Magrunner for $3 isn't bad, but I'd rather own it on Steam..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pro tip: On the checkout page, you can ctrl+u to view source and ctrl+f search for "data-title" to see what you're getting. If you don't like it, you just go back to the promo page and try again.
I've done it about a dozen times or so and it's all pretty crappy titles.

Painkiller Black Edition
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum Complete Saga
Puddle
Aqua Kitty
Penumbra Collection
Ittle Dew
Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack
Giana Sisters Rise of the Overlord

Was hoping I could find some older games but no luck.

Weekend Promo

Big Games, Big Sales

60% Off Aarklash: Legacy - $8.39

60% Off Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs - $7.99

33% Off The Banner Saga - $16.74

70% Off Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - $8.99

60% Off Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut - $9.99

25% Off Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia - $14.99

50% Off Divinity: Dragon Commander - $19.99

50% Off Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition - $22.49

50% Off Divinity: DLC: Imperial Edition - Upgrade - $4.99

60% Off Memoria - $7.99

60% Off The Night of the Rabbit - $7.99

66% Off Outlast - $6.79

75% Off The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - $6.24

75% Off Shadow Warrior (2013) - $9.99

We also have the Luck Of The Irish Build-A-Bundle promo going on right now.

You pick 5 games from the following list to get the discount price. There is also a wildcard feature which allows you to add a random game not on this list. And there is apparently a way to see what game you will get assigned to you. See rcsample's post above for further info on that. Oh and I wont be doing direct links to these games since you need to visit the bundle page and add them to your bundle to see the discount. Anyway, here is the list:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $2.00
Alan Wake - $3.00
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $2.00
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $2.00
Book of Unwritten Tales, The - $3.00
Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The - $3.00
Brutal Legend - $3.00
Deponia - $3.00
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $3.00
Expeditions: Conquistador - $4.00
FEZ - $2.00
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - $2.00
Hotline Miami - $2.00
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within - $3.00
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded - $4.00
Lilly Looking Through - $2.00
Magrunner: Dark Pulse - $3.00
Reus - $2.00
Smugglers V - $2.00
Spelunky - $3.00
Surgeon Simulator 2013 - $2.00
Swapper, The - $3.00
The Inner World - $3.00
Triple Town - $2.00
Unepic - $2.00

Also from the promo:

bXvDnmV.png

So $2 grab bag? "Games listed below" are the one listed in The End's post from above.

I've done it about a dozen times or so and it's all pretty crappy titles.

Painkiller Black Edition
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum Complete Saga
Puddle
Aqua Kitty
Penumbra Collection
Ittle Dew
Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack
Giana Sisters Rise of the Overlord

Was hoping I could find some older games but no luck.
After going through it several times, the only thing I have to add to that list is System Shock 2. Pass for me.

They are, just not on CAG. People on the GOG forum are eating this crap up.
I'm sure they are.

"Hey guys, this is awesome. I got 5 bundle games for $10 when I could have bought then for a lot less in bundles. I then paypal'd $10 to each dev of the game because I don't want to cheat them and I want them to know I appreciate DRM Free games."

I love gog a lot, particularly for you know good old games. For indie games steam is my usual go to, with Desura for some lesser known ones, and rarely for DRM free except for Visual Novels...which  may or may not be indie. Not a great sale here, but alright for sure.

Not a great sale here, but alright for sure.
For us, not at all. GOG is my goto for old games, like every other CAG I like my newer games on Steam.

This is most definitely a sale for the rabid anti-DRM GOG base (folks more extreme than our favorite Cylon toaster).

For us, not at all. GOG is my goto for old games, like every other CAG I like my newer games on Steam.

This is most definitely a sale for the rabid anti-DRM GOG base (folks more extreme than our favorite Cylon toaster).
Wait - there are folks more extreme about DRM than me?!?!

{raises eyebrow}

Weekend Promo

Big Games, Big Sales

60% Off Aarklash: Legacy - $8.39

60% Off Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs - $7.99

33% Off The Banner Saga - $16.74

70% Off Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - $8.99

60% Off Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut - $9.99

25% Off Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia - $14.99

50% Off Divinity: Dragon Commander - $19.99

50% Off Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition - $22.49

50% Off Divinity: DLC: Imperial Edition - Upgrade - $4.99

60% Off Memoria - $7.99

60% Off The Night of the Rabbit - $7.99

66% Off Outlast - $6.79

75% Off The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - $6.24

75% Off Shadow Warrior (2013) - $9.99

We also have the Luck Of The Irish Build-A-Bundle promo going on right now.

You pick 5 games from the following list to get the discount price. There is also a wildcard feature which allows you to add a random game not on this list. And there is apparently a way to see what game you will get assigned to you. See rcsample's post above for further info on that. Oh and I wont be doing direct links to these games since you need to visit the bundle page and add them to your bundle to see the discount. Anyway, here is the list:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $2.00
Alan Wake - $3.00
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $2.00
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $2.00
Book of Unwritten Tales, The - $3.00
Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The - $3.00
Brutal Legend - $3.00
Deponia - $3.00
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $3.00
Expeditions: Conquistador - $4.00
FEZ - $2.00
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - $2.00
Hotline Miami - $2.00
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within - $3.00
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded - $4.00
Lilly Looking Through - $2.00
Magrunner: Dark Pulse - $3.00
Reus - $2.00
Smugglers V - $2.00
Spelunky - $3.00
Surgeon Simulator 2013 - $2.00
Swapper, The - $3.00
The Inner World - $3.00
Triple Town - $2.00
Unepic - $2.00
Avadon 2 is the only one I'm really looking at from the Luck sale

For the big sale - Shadow Warrior 2013 + Divinity: Dragon Commander.

Unfortunately, nothing else that interesting to me; or I might already own it on GOG or somewhere else.

I still ain't touched Avadon 1 much at all.

{shrug}

I can wait.

Does anyone know why GOG started posting the new deals/added games/general news updates at 12:00 GMT, instead of 11 AM, like they used to do (before last week)?

Oh, wow...   Yes, yes, of course

That was probably the most dull question I've ever asked, and I feel quite pathetic for asking that now (I guess we all have our days).  :dunce:

Alright, which one of you knuckleheads wants a copy of Dracula 4: Shadow Of The Dragon? I got a spare key left over from the recent indie gala capsule bundle.

First one to quote this post asking for it, it get's it stuffed into their PM Box.

EDIT: Gone to Bubzers

Since our beloved The End either is simply too lazy or just utterly hates Linux, I guess I will have to be the one to break the news... (ughhh) :p

GOG said:
GOG.com Soon on More Platforms

Good news!

No, don't duck. This is actually good news. We just wanted to announce that, after much deliberation, we've decided that one of the next steps for us is to support Linux. Now, we're not ready to launch Linux games on GOG.com just yet. We've only been working on bringing these Linux games to our service for a few months, and there's lots more to go, but we wanted to let you know what's going to be coming this fall to a digital distributor near you.

We're initially going to be launching our Linux support on GOG.com with the full GOG.com treatment for Ubuntu and Mint. That means that right now, we're hammering away at testing games on a variety of configurations, training up our teams on Linux-speak, and generally getting geared up for a big kick-off in the fall with at least 100 Linux games ready for you to play. This is, of course, going to include games that we sell which already have Linux clients, but we'll also be bringing Linux gamers a variety of classics that are, for the first time, officially supported and maintained by a storefront like ours.

This is, as we mentioned, something that we're in the early stages of, so we can't talk about what games will be a part of our GOG.com on Linux gaming launch--in part because we, ourselves, don't know what those games are--but we hope that you're excited about the fact that we're able to set "GOG.com Support for Linux" in our community wishlist as a task that is "In Progress." We know we are!
Well, it seems that the Internet hasn't exploded yet over this bit of news, but I'll attribute that to the massive post-St. Patrick's Day hangovers that half the world is taking off from work because of experiencing right now.

Since our beloved The End either is simply too lazy or just utterly hates Linux, I guess I will have to be the one to break the news... (ughhh) :p

Well, it seems that the Internet hasn't exploded yet over this bit of news, but I'll attribute that to the massive post-St. Patrick's Day hangovers that half the world is taking off from work because of experiencing right now.
All 8 people who buy from GOG AND run Linux must be jumping for joy! :whee:

All 8 people who buy from GOG AND run Linux must be jumping for joy! :whee:
You might actually be surprised how many GOG'ers run Linux as either their primary or secondary machine! I read a survey a couple months ago put out by some university (i believe it was Oxford, if I remember correctly), and of the 100,000 or so GOG users they surveyed, a whopping 9 people responded that they were running Linux!

So, I have no bloody clue where you got such a false and misrepresented number, dear sir, but next time you are going to make some crazy, wild estimate straight out of left field (ESPECIALLY about something as important as THIS!!!), do your damned research, OKAAAAAY??!!

EDIT: I believe a demon of sarcasm and/or trolliness may have momentarily possessed my soul, so please forgive any hateful words, extreme anger, or anything resembling speech uttered in satanic Youtube comment-like tongues.

You might actually be surprised how many GOG'ers run Linux as either their primary or secondary machine! I read a survey a couple months ago put out by some university (i believe it was Oxford, if I remember correctly), and of the 100,000 or so GOG users they surveyed, a whopping 9 people responded that they were running Linux!

So, I have no bloody clue where you got such a false and misrepresented number, dear sir, but next time you are going to make some crazy, wild estimate straight out of left field (ESPECIALLY about something as important as THIS!!!), do your damned research, OKAAAAAY??!
My fault, I was using 2013 data instead of 2014. ;)

TalkinRock is right about one thing. I am beloved.
Yes, yes, we all know that your mum loves you, and that there's no room for anyone else in your life but her...

However, some of us were born street urchins, so please, out of respect for those of us whom have never known a mother's caress, please don't rub it in (I STILL go to therapy for my PTSD flashbacks of the alley cats eating away at my flesh each night). You don't need to add on the memories of being robbed at knifepoint, with nobody there to help you, so like any 6 year-old would, you start sobbing ever so painfully, and finally, with your very soul shattered to pieces, you hear what sounds like a soothing voice. You manage to let out a whimper, "Mummy? Is that you? Have you come to hold me?"

Only it isn't her; it's one of the neighborhood whores, moaning rhythmically with pleasure while being fucked and fucked by some lonesome pub-goer.

And then you realize, it will never be Mummy...

Because she never wanted you... She never did.

EDIT: This *might possibly* be the result of the 1/2 kilo (each) of salvia, shrooms, LSD, oxycodone, and smack that I did instead of the alcohol that everyone was drinking last night a lack of sleep... :whistle2:

Hahaha! I've been laughing for over a minute at the *perfect* use of this GIF...

Thank you, mate, you just made my day (I completely forgot about my motherless childho... Shit. Now I'm depressed again.)

EDIT: I'm curious as to how many more crazy, random *true stories* like the above one that I have to post until I become the resident nutter of the GOG Deals thread (I believe this is my 8th incredibly loony post... but who's counting, eh?). :whee:

EDIT #2: - My last 3 or so comments have all used "edits", so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that I've used my all of my allotted edits for today, no?

EDIT #3: Hmmm, it seems the gods have granted me extra edits, given that my last edit was successfully submitted.

EDIT #4: Wow! THREE whole edits went through successfully, so hopefully this one wil...   I should probably shut up now.

Shhh, you're scaring away all the children. Internal monologues are best left internal.
Well, technically, your wrong: It's not an internal monologue, because this voice inside my head (whom calls himself "Rockintalk") is telling me to write down all of this, as they are HIS thoughts; not mine!

So, ha! Who's the crazy one, now, Neuro5i5, eh? :speaktothehand:

Well, technically, your wrong: It's not an internal monologue, because this voice inside my head (whom calls himself "Rockintalk") is telling me to write down all of this, as they are HIS thoughts; not mine!

So, ha! Who's the crazy one, now, Neuro5i5, eh? :speaktothehand:
<insert gif from Army of Darkness where Ash drinks the boiling kettle>

Oh, how I loved Herman's Head when it was on; that was 90's TV at its best (besides Seinfeld, of course)...  What a great and creative show!

You know what this means, right? Now I'm going to have to purchase the complete series on Amazon. Thanks, a lot, mate! Now I have to spend $40 on a TV show that's 20 years old, and one that I won't even be able to watch until I play my backlog of over 50 GOG games (as well as 150 or so backlogged Steam games).

Ya, what a real friend you turned out to be, Neuro5i5, huh?

On a related side note, apparently the show isn't even offered on Amazon in any way, shape or form. However, I found this, for anybody who's interested in buying the show myself:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/herman-s-head-tv-series-18-dvd-set-complete-72-episodes-149632947

bread's done
Back