Google Checkout $10 off $10 New Customers Only

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Checkout is back with a $10 off $10 at participating merchants for New Customers only. Sign up for Google Checkout by 2/15 to apply this discount, which ends 3/31.

*** Don't forget about the EA titles dropping tomorrow in price!!

Vendors offering these deals: http://www.google.com/checkout/signupwelcome.html

Deals thus far:
Looks like you could get the following:
PS2
kingdom hearts 2 for $23
Radiata Stores for $14
La Pucelle Tactics $14
Star Ocean Till The End of Time $14
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King $14

X360:
Nighty Nine Nights $19
Burnout Revenge $23

Wii:
DEAD!! Mario Party 8 $25 Shipped from http://www.toysrus.com

Following deals added by Hopeunknown.
CDUniverse.com

CDUniverse deals w/$10 off $10 GC

3.34 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Grand Theft Auto III

6.98 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)

Gun

8.73 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Final Fantasy X-2

8.94 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)
PSX:
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Chrono Cross

9.18 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)

Tao's Adventure

Killer7

10.28(no tax+shipping included)

Chibi Robo

12.73 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Sonic Rush
Cooking Mama
Megaman Battle Network 5
Lunar; Dragon Song
Break 'Em All!
Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects

Super Mario Advance 2
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
LoZ: Link to the Past
Mario Golf
Mario Pinball Land
Sonic Advance 3
Naruto: Ninja Council

Animal Crossing
RE 4
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Starfox Assault
Super Monkey Ball 2
Lego Star Wars
Sonic Gems
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Mega Collection
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja
Pikmin 2

RE4
Dragon Quest VIII
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Sega Genesis Collection
Ace Combat 5
Kingdom Hearts
Lego Star Wars
Shadow of the Collosus
God of War
Karoake Revolution Party
Star Wars Battlefront II
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland!
Star Ocean: Until the End of Time
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Radiata Stories
NFL Head Coach
Destroy all Humans!
Devil May Cry 3
Megaman X Collection

PSX:
Final Fantasy IX

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Gradius Collection
Me and My Katamari

[quote name='2pac']Question for people who ordered from dvdplanet.

How long after they said they shipped did you get your items, With $1 shipping?[/QUOTE]

It can take a long time -- Media up to 2 weeks.

My last DVDPlanet shipment had about a dozen items from various orders in it, including stuff from December!

[quote name='2pac']Question for people who ordered from dvdplanet.

How long after they said they shipped did you get your items, With $1 shipping?[/QUOTE]

I hear that. My order shipped out almost two weeks ago with no sign of it yet.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I placed what's probably my 30th order yesterday, and it's already shipped -- but I've been using a virtual credit card so the number is unique every time.[/QUOTE]

How do you get a virtual credit card?

[quote name='crunchewy']Gamecube Wavebird wireless controller ships for $24.03 from buy.com with the $10 off coupon ($27.99 + $6.04 shipping - $10 google checkout).[/quote]

this would be so hot if not for the stupid shipping. regardless i want to play some of my overstock free GC games on my Wii on the component cable, i may have to opt for this... i don't like wire coming out from the home theater setup. my old gamecube is hooked to the PC monitor and i don't mind wires there.

i jsut created an account and bought something from toys r us.com - it didn't instantly take 10 dollars out, so i thought google checkout would do a refund of 10? is that how it works? I called toysrus number to see why it didnt take out the 10 and they said google will do it later?

Help me out..thx

[quote name='kaniball']i jsut created an account and bought something from toys r us.com - it didn't instantly take 10 dollars out, so i thought google checkout would do a refund of 10? is that how it works? I called toysrus number to see why it didnt take out the 10 and they said google will do it later?

Help me out..thx[/QUOTE]
Getting a refund from toysrus.com through Google Checkout is the hardest thing to do on the internets.

To anyone who ordered from bestprices, I pity you. Its been 2 and a half weeks and my movie still hasnt even shipped, not a single email has been sent either.

I received all 6 of my dvdplanet orders tonight. They combined them into two shipments. Less than a week for shipping. Between this and my recent order from wherehouse, I've got some DVD watching to do. :)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I placed what's probably my 30th order yesterday, and it's already shipped -- but I've been using a virtual credit card so the number is unique every time.[/QUOTE]
I also ask; how do you use a virtual credit card?

[quote name='sergioalb64']I also ask; how do you use a virtual credit card?[/QUOTE]
Your credit card company has to provide the service. Basically you go to a website and select a maximum dollar value and expiration date. They then issue you a credit card number good for only that amount and until that date. You usually just use them once.

[quote name='hotwls13']I received all 6 of my dvdplanet orders tonight. They combined them into two shipments. Less than a week for shipping. Between this and my recent order from wherehouse, I've got some DVD watching to do. :)[/quote]
Did you use the free shipping one or the cheapest shipping one (about $3).

[quote name='nharmon91']Did you use the free shipping one or the cheapest shipping one (about $3).[/QUOTE]

I used the cheapest shipping, i thought it was $1. Maybe it was free, I can't remember, but it definately was the cheapest.

[quote name='Damian']Your credit card company has to provide the service. Basically you go to a website and select a maximum dollar value and expiration date. They then issue you a credit card number good for only that amount and until that date. You usually just use them once.[/QUOTE]
I wonder, what credit card company do you use? MasterCard and Visa offer this, both online and at retail, but you end up paying about $6 to get the cards; is there any way to do this for free?

I found out how to generate these numbers through my discover card. However, when I tried to open up a new account it told me that "Google is currently not accepting any new accounts". Huh!!!

Cool its working now. And generating those numbers through Discover is a breeze. You can keep cranking them out with a push of a button. :)

Got a little box today with 14 dvds in it from DVDplanet.

I got all my dvds from them from the first series of orders that I made.

Worth the $30 I spent on it.

Why is this in the graveyard?

Anyway, if you create multiple accounts, can they later come back and say you abused the program and make you pay the extra $10 on orders? I am guessing no since you could just dispute the charge but they could say you knowingly created multiple accounts.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Why is this in the graveyard?

Anyway, if you create multiple accounts, can they later come back and say you abused the program and make you pay the extra $10 on orders? I am guessing no since you could just dispute the charge but they could say you knowingly created multiple accounts.[/QUOTE]

You've been around here long enough to know better than to ask that.

It's happened before with other comapines with issues such as price mistakes and since this is different than a price mistake, I thought I would ask for opinions about it because this isn't a $10 coupon glitch and it seems different because it clearly says first time customers only so they could argue you knowingly signed up multiple times.

edit - this was in reference to a post above that was deleted

I recived a email saying i was abusing the service and they are suspending my accounts but i am in the process of getting a refund back, am i screwed?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Why is this in the graveyard?

Anyway, if you create multiple accounts, can they later come back and say you abused the program and make you pay the extra $10 on orders? I am guessing no since you could just dispute the charge but they could say you knowingly created multiple accounts.[/quote]

From Google's own help page:

[SIZE=-0]Can I have multiple accounts?[/SIZE]
Yes. If you have multiple email addresses, you may open multiple Google Accounts to use Google Checkout.
Source

By their own terms having multiple accounts is not an issue.

[quote name='2pac']How many different credit cards did you use?

And how many orders did you place?[/QUOTE]

i tried to use two cards and i place 4 orders.

[quote name='daminion']From Google's own help page:

[SIZE=-0]Can I have multiple accounts?[/SIZE]
Yes. If you have multiple email addresses, you may open multiple Google Accounts to use Google Checkout.
Source

By their own terms having multiple accounts is not an issue.[/quote]

By the promotions terms though, you can only use the promotion once.

I've used one credit card for three different orders. The first two went through without a hitch. Then I made a third order like a week later(today) and my credit card was charged so I just have to wait for it to ship. I hope they don't catch me.

[quote name='nharmon91']To anyone who ordered from bestprices, I pity you. Its been 2 and a half weeks and my movie still hasnt even shipped, not a single email has been sent either.[/quote]

Dude, what the hell are you doing waiting that long for? I didn't get an e-mail for Titanic SE for a week after I ordered it. When I logged in to Google Checkout to see what was up I found out that it was on preorder. I went to bestprices.com and it was released like a week before and they still had over 30 in stock. So I e-mailed them and the next day it was shipped. You gotta take initiative man.

How do i know if my account has been suspended,i dont want my main one gone because that is the one that is processing my refund?

look like xenosaga iii have offical price drop,all places are selling it $30.just letting you know for people who don't want to wait for price drop for $20 or less

I used 3 diff. email address w/ one credit card...I'm praying they're not going to shut down one of those email addresses cuz I use that for everything. I'd be so screwed.

BTW, to those who have been caught, do they tell you right away? It's been one day and all 3 orders have been shipped.

[quote name='sherbertbones']I used 3 diff. email address w/ one credit card...I'm praying they're not going to shut down one of those email addresses cuz I use that for everything. I'd be so screwed.

BTW, to those who have been caught, do they tell you right away? It's been one day and all 3 orders have been shipped.[/quote]

Good news for you then. :D

[quote name='Blade70']Good news for you then. :D[/quote]
I guess. But I'd rather not have anything and keep my email account. I'm going try to download everything to Thunderbird just in case.

Ordered a 360 controller ($22 w//GC) 2 weeks ago from Buy.com and it came within 2 days. Ordered Sonic Rush on Tuesday ($14 w/GC) and it still hasn't shipped. :whistle2:( Just hope it ships out today.

It seems you either get your order really fast from them or they take their time. I just hope the game is in stock like the product page says.

Edit: Ordered shipped out Thurs and should be here on Fri. Buy.com shipping works great in Chicago!

Okay so I used the promotion already with another email address from hotmail and I just created one with gmail. Would I still get the promotion considering that I will use the same credit card information, name and address?

[quote name='RVDFrog']Okay so I used the promotion already with another email address from hotmail and I just created one with gmail. Would I still get the promotion considering that I will use the same credit card information, name and address?[/quote]

It's unlikely it would work. Only one way to find out though.....

[quote name='RVDFrog']Okay so I used the promotion already with another email address from hotmail and I just created one with gmail. Would I still get the promotion considering that I will use the same credit card information, name and address?[/QUOTE]

Yes it should work. Since your logging in as a different user.

I finally got "the email" from google, it happened when I made two accounts and purchases on the same day (same CC). I've tried to make other accounts
with that CC and it consistently failed (independent of IP address). so I think if you over abuse google checkout by making too many purchases in a row and get caught, then that particular CC will be flagged in their system... however, if you pace yourself and buy only once every few days/week, then you are less likely to get that email from google. I have made 5 purchases over the last two months with the same CC before I got greedy and tried to buy twice in a row...

Good luck milking this deal before it all ends.

PS: I'm 99% sure failing to get this deal to work has NOTHING to do with your billing/mailing address(es).

[quote name='RVDFrog']Okay so I used the promotion already with another email address from hotmail and I just created one with gmail. Would I still get the promotion considering that I will use the same credit card information, name and address?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me. Of course, I made the orders about 2 or 3 weeks apart, but same credit card with different e-mails worked just fine.

bread's done
Back