GS/EB Coupon scan: 10% xtra trade in/10% xtra off used items. Stacks w/Edge!

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Thats right, a possible 20% extra until feb 28th! I did my best on the scans, but this barcode was just to small and tight to really reproduce as a functioning barcode...BUT a UPC number is there! This coupon is actually printed on rough paper, semi card board like and because of this, a scanned coupon may seem more legit. Oh and the best thing of all, THE COUPON ITSELF DOESN'T STATE "NO COPIES" OR BLAH BLAH!

Anyway, enjoy. Add this to the coupon pack if you want, but figured it deserved a separate post at first.

Again, brought to you first by a CAG!

I remember in October when there was a coupon just like this. It was also during the b2g1 sale, 20% off 6 games. Then FYE at the same time was running the trade 2 360 games in get 1 new free. $78 of launch 360 games for Splinter Cell Double Agent, Saints Row, and NBA 2k7.

I want to get Metal Gear Solid, MGS VR Missions, and some N64, PS1 accesories this weekend so this will stack with my edge. Thank you OP.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']What's the average price for a slim PStwo trade in (not with the current $100 towards a PS3 deal)? also, after the 20% extra?[/quote]

Wiki says $50 bucks. So if that is the same, then $60 trade in with the 20%.

[quote name='serialthriller']says must be presented with valid edge/more card... not sure what that is but typically can i get by without it?[/QUOTE]
No, definitely not. It's the EBStop membership card. Coupons from GameInformer require it.

I'm wondering how well scans of this will work. Since this is obviously a GameInformer coupon, they will be expecting it to be on the carstock magazne tearouts are made of.

[quote name='Damian']No, definitely not. It's the EBStop membership card. Coupons from GameInformer require it.

I'm wondering how well scans of this will work. Since this is obviously a GameInformer coupon, they will be expecting it to be on the carstock magazne tearouts are made of.[/quote]

I seriously doubt employees will be "expecting it." I doubt employees even look through the mag.

[quote name='Tsukento']So does this mean 10% extra for every item I bring in, or 10% extra for the total?[/quote]

And the difference would be? Tack 10% on to each item or tack it on to the total, it comes out to the same number.

Thanks for the info.

I've been waiting for the return of the $10 bonus for three games traded in, but something tells me that might not be coming back... so I believe I'll take advantage of this one.

The February issue of Game Informer will include the following 2
coupons for Edge/More Card subscribers:
-Extra 10% Trade-In Credit on any trades (limit 10)
-Extra 10% off used games/DVDs or accessories (limit 5)

I don't think the coupon is really important. When I visited a GameStop a while back, they popped open the magazine back when they had some bonus for reordering a game. They then asked me if I wanted to take advantace of the coupon since I was already an Edge member.

So... I'm thinking they should take a print out/copy, or even use the issue they have there on the counter to activate it.

I got my issue in the mail yesterday. Coupons expire 2/28

I wonder if that $40 for Gears of War is still going on, the extra 20% (More card + coupon) would bring it up to $48.

[quote name='Bezerker']I got my issue in the mail yesterday. Coupons expire 2/28

I wonder if that $40 for Gears of War is still going on, the extra 20% (More card + coupon) would bring it up to $48.[/QUOTE]
$40 Gears of War trade-in value ended on Jan. 11

So that counts hardware too?

That would bring up the PS2 trade in to $110-or $120 if our normal extra thing also applies...except I bet it doesn't stack with either :(

[quote name='maxgle']Is GI a good magazine? I only subscribe to EGM nowadays..
thought I might expand my subscription a bit[/QUOTE]

It's ok but honestly the only reason I get it, is that it comes with the Edge card. But then again I'm a cheap bastard and wouldn't subscribe to anything I can get free on the net.

You know every time that someone in Gamestop gave me the talk I would always say no. Then I realized with the bonus 10% of my last trade-in spree I would make up the $15 in no time. So I got the magazine with the edge card. I now think I would actually pay the $15 just for the magazine. The layout is nice and it seems stronger on content than EGM. I say you might as well grab it.

It's great, even if for only the random buy 2 get 1 free used coupons....You can get 3 $40 used games for $80....Not too shabby.

Ken

I saved around $300 last year using the Edge card and GI coupons on used DVDs and games and got an extra $100 or so when trading stuff in. If you abuse the EB/GS sales on a regular basis (buy 2 get 1, trade 3/$10), it's a no-brainer. I only step into an EB/GS store if there's a sale going on.

EGM has had the best features consistently, but GI's getting there too. IMO, it's easily the most professional magazine since they cover the industry, they have monthly interviews with prominent figures in the industry, and they always have exclusive cover stories that you can't even find online.

What irks me about the magazine is the juvenile humor in the captions for their screenshots. E.g.: If there's a huge explosion and the main character is walking away from it (so that he's facing and walking towards us), it'll read something like, "John knew he shouldn't have had Taco Bell for lunch." Or if there's a screenshot of Madden and one football player's tackling another, you can be sure there'll be a gay joke.

My EB Games had both of these coupons in an in-store coupon book that was sitting at the check-out counter. Just an FYI.

[quote name='Slodaddy']What will this extra %10 net me for a Gamecube?[/QUOTE]

trade in value is 35 to 40 bucks with the 10% depending on the store

[quote name='ravinrican']trade in value is 35 to 40 bucks with the 10% depending on the store[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that's not too bad. I mean, really, if I ebayed it, I would get about that much after ebay and paypal fees are factored in.

Thanks,

J

Wow, I can't wait to get my issue in the mail! Using both of the coupons, I can trade-in New Super Mario Bros. (a game I never liked as much as everyone told me I would) and pick up a better game, Psychonauts for free, with a little store credit left over. Genius! :applause:

[quote name='Rictor']I saved around $300 last year using the Edge card and GI coupons on used DVDs and games and got an extra $100 or so when trading stuff in. If you abuse the EB/GS sales on a regular basis (buy 2 get 1, trade 3/$10), it's a no-brainer. I only step into an EB/GS store if there's a sale going on.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better. There isn't even a reason to step into a Gamestop/EB unless its some way to take advantage of them.

Good, now I can get rid of some Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS games I don't want, and use the credit to get more awesome PS3 games (like Genji 2), if I can find what I want used.

I will definitely be taking advantage of this coupon. I think I will pick up some cheap XBOX games, and then I have been in a DS mood so I might get some cheap used games. Is Feel the Magic worth $6.40?

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I will definitely be taking advantage of this coupon. I think I will pick up some cheap XBOX games, and then I have been in a DS mood so I might get some cheap used games. Is Feel the Magic worth $6.40?[/quote]

Not if you can find it for 3.xx at k-mart...but thats a HUGE YMMV.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Good, now I can get rid of some Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS games I don't want, and use the credit to get more awesome PS3 games (like Genji 2), if I can find what I want used.[/quote]
Must...resist..giant enemy crab joke...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']What's the average trade in credit you get for trading in a game that sells for $39.99 at EB/GS (before using this deal)? I'm guessing $10?[/quote]
Depends on the game, really. A prime example is Zelda: Collector's Disc. Game sells for $44 used. They, however, will gladly rip you off by giving you $15 for it. If it's a rare game, you'll likely get stiffed in trade-in value. However, if it's a very common game, you'll get next to nothing for it. Generally, new and somewhat recent releases are where some trade-ins come in okay.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anyone just use the scans yet?[/quote]
I did. It wouldn't scan, but the code on the bottom of the barcode worked.

Should also be noted that some stores may have a little booklet available to those who just come into the store and might not have an subscription. Basically the booklet explains the whole trade-in deals and offers two coupons on the back. One offter 10% off used games (limits 3 games per coupon per customer and only works with games). The other gives 10% more on trade in values (limited up to 5 games per coupon per customer, not good on cash trades, games must be in full working condition and cannot be combined with other offers).

Thanks for info Tsukento. I figured that is how it worked because once I had went in and they told me I could get the extra 10% bonus because I had the card even without the coupon.

[quote name='reibeatall']The coupon won't work on systems.[/quote]

As it says right on the coupon: Games, DVD's and Accessories. The extra 10% credit should work on consoles, as it says nothing to the effect on the coupon.

I love how it says "cannot be combined with any offer"

The dipshit of a fuckup manager at my local GameStop is convinced to a religious principle that the edge card is an "offer", rather than a club member discount.

Now I'll whip out this Gameinformer off the shelf and shover it up that bastard's ass.

[quote name='sp00ge']As it says right on the coupon: Games, DVD's and Accessories. The extra 10% credit should work on consoles, as it says nothing to the effect on the coupon.[/quote]

None of those are consoles...

[quote name='sp00ge']As it says right on the coupon: Games, DVD's and Accessories. The extra 10% credit should work on consoles, as it says nothing to the effect on the coupon.[/quote]
The second coupon would pretty much be the better one. Doesn't limit you to any specific trade-in and has a ten trade-in limit, rather than the other limiting five.

Though trading in consoles is rather pointless with GameStop. You're better off putting them on eBay. :s

bread's done
Back