GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Anyone run into problems with trading a DS and PSP game combo today, or very recently?

I could have sworn the trade page on the GS website used to have a part that details one for "DS/PSP", but it's gone now, and only the Trade 2 DS and Trade 2 PSP versions remain.

Would appreciate if a GS/EB worker could chime in if it's a new change? I was going to bring in one of each this weekend? How likely will it be enforced?

Thanks.

Curse you procrastinattion![/QUOTE]

Has this been confirmed? Because all I have are PSP games to pair with a few more copies of Harvest Moon. Is the computer automatically excluding 1 DS/1 PSP from the promo or just cashiers? If the computer allows it, then I'm fairly sure it will still be doable at most places.

Whew! I just made a huge update to the wiki. If I missed anything let me know. We had a bunch of new prices in there. If NFL Street 2 for PSP really gets $5 I may dump that. I got it cheap years ago and never played it. Getting $10.50 for it at this point is probably the best I can do. I also may dump Frogger Helmet Chaos ($7) and Viewtiful Joe RHR ($4). I never play my PSP as it is (haven't turned it on in over 4 months) and if I ever do I won't be playing these games. I have a SUPER hard time getting rid of any games, but if I'm going to start somewhere it should be with my PSP stuff :lol:.

Can anyone confirm that the 1 PSP/1 DS game combo doesn't work any more? I need this critical info before heading out. And I don't want to call because whatever the register monkey tells me is not necessarily how it will do down (either way). I need to know if the computer gives the bonus automatically on 1 of each, as it did last week.

OK, phone quotes for 2 games I might also get rid of:
:psp: Prince of Persia Revelations - $6
:ds: Over the Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts - $6

[quote name='io']Has this been confirmed? Because all I have are PSP games to pair with a few more copies of Harvest Moon. Is the computer automatically excluding 1 DS/1 PSP from the promo or just cashiers? If the computer allows it, then I'm fairly sure it will still be doable at most places.[/quote]

I went to the same GS twice today with the same set of games (1 DS/1 PSP). The first time there was no problems. The second time they said it was supposed to be 2DS or 2 PSP. From what I can tell it depends on who you get to ring you up.

[quote name='cmedjesky']I went to the same GS twice today with the same set of games (1 DS/1 PSP). The first time there was no problems. The second time they said it was supposed to be 2DS or 2 PSP. From what I can tell it depends on who you get to ring you up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I confirmed it tonight. I traded 3 PSP and 1 DS game, no problem. And the computer does it automatically, so I don't see how they can deny you unless they don't let you trade the games at all :lol:. At the first store the guy didn't even know about the deal so he said "OK, we'll see what happens" and the computer added them automatically. He tried to get me the extra 10% for a Halo 3 preorder but it wouldn't take so I skipped it. At the second store I didn't even ask about the promo but just asked the total at the end and sure enough it was all added in as I expected.

So my question for those who are told 1 DS / 1 PSP won't work - how are they enforcing that? Do they manually override the credit to take it away? That would be asinine... I'm guessing they just discourage you from trading, which is their loss.

Anyway, here's what I traded:

:ds:
Harvest Moon - $10
Sims 2 - $5

:psp:
NFL Street 2 - $5
Neopets - $5
Pac-Man World Rally - $6

Picked up Chulip new (but gutted, unfortunately) for $14.99. I really wanted a sealed one (since I don't plan to play it any time soon and it's always better to have them sealed just in case) but from what I heard each store got ONE copy to sell, and of course each one gutted them.

But basically one $5 Harvest Moon from Best Buy covered Chulip for me, so not too bad.

i m debating wheater to use my credit towards a gamestop refurbished 360, or towards mario strickers metriod prime 3 and super mario galxay or super smash brothers brawl, consider neither of those games will drop for a while i thinking (hopefully) $105 - 50(no tax right for creditSMSCharged) - 50(MP3: Corruption)-5 for smash brothers brawl or galaxy. (which ever i dont preorder ill get for christmas)

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i m debating wheater to use my credit towards a gamestop refurbished 360, or towards mario strickers metriod prime 3 and super mario galxay or super smash brothers brawl, consider neither of those games will drop for a while i thinking (hopefully) $105 - 50(no tax right for creditSMSCharged) - 50(MP3: Corruption)-5 for smash brothers brawl or galaxy. (which ever i dont preorder ill get for christmas)[/quote]I would preorder something with the credit so you get an extra 10%.

[quote name='Master Shake']I would preorder something with the credit so you get an extra 10%.[/QUOTE]

YMMV - they were "unable" to get me the extra preorder credit combined with this deal. Their computer wouldn't allow it. I'm guessing that would have to do manual overrides and some clerks can't handle that :lol:.

Yep, this deal is not allowed to stack with the preorder bonus credit, but of course it does stack with the edge card so the clerk who couldnt manually do it was doing the right thing :)

Went to Best Buy today to check to see if they were having a 50% off sale, as mentioned in the other thread on the front page. No 50% off sale but, lo and behold, 7 copies of Harvest Moon DS are restocked in the DS section. Me, not being one to let an opportunity slip by, purchased all 7 for $5 after coupon. Also grabbed 3 Gunpeys. These were 2 separate transactions, bought 4 games with 4 coupons, ran home, printed 6 more coupons, bought the other 6 games. I never manage to print enough coupons for BB excursions...

Swung by TRU, grabbed Nanostray for flipping and 2 copies of Lumines 2, one to keep, one to trade. Used $5 off $25 coupon, got all 3 games for $6.81 each. On my way out, saw a bin with Timesplitters: Future Perfect for Xbox and Polarium. Grabbed TS:FP to keep for $5.10 after discount, Polarium rang up $4.98 (No discount? I'll be heading back anyway once the 20% off clearance starts, hopefully they can give me it then).

Next stop, Sears. Picked up NBA '06 for $2.97. Walked less than 100 feet to the Gamestop in the same mall as this Sears (just wanted to make a note of that :p ) and traded it along with a HMDS for $24.30 after Edge and promo bonus. NBA 06 PSP trades in for $3 by itself, I guess the wiki needs to be updated for that one.

Went to 3 other Gamestops, traded all 14 games in total. Was glad I got all the trades in today, didn't really feel like making 3 more trips to Gamestops tomorrow because some dick associate wouldn't take trade-ins on duplicates.

Spent $51.47 on the crap I got for trading in, made $180.55 in credit. Gamestop, I can't stop loving you. Preordered Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Persona 3. Still have $37.11 left in credit to dump on something else.

I managed to actually find a Harvest Moon DS, but couldn't get the coupon to work - the douchebag cashier (not because of this, but overall he was acting like a bastard) actually read the coupon. Don't fault him on that.

Traded it in with Lionel Trains, which was in a Manager's Special bin for 50% off (Along with FFV Advance! :D)

Prices:
DS:
Harvest Moon DS - $10
Lionel Trains: On Track - $2

Total after bonus, 23.20, spent 17.50 on both (yay tax-free). I just wished the guy scanned the coupon. :whistle2:(

[quote name='backwards_compatible']Went to Best Buy today to check to see if they were having a 50% off sale, as mentioned in the other thread on the front page. No 50% off sale but, lo and behold, 7 copies of Harvest Moon DS are restocked in the DS section. Me, not being one to let an opportunity slip by, purchased all 7 for $5 after coupon. Also grabbed 3 Gunpeys. These were 2 separate transactions, bought 4 games with 4 coupons, ran home, printed 6 more coupons, bought the other 6 games. I never manage to print enough coupons for BB excursions...

Swung by TRU, grabbed Nanostray for flipping and 2 copies of Lumines 2, one to keep, one to trade. Used $5 off $25 coupon, got all 3 games for $6.81 each. On my way out, saw a bin with Timesplitters: Future Perfect for Xbox and Polarium. Grabbed TS:FP to keep for $5.10 after discount, Polarium rang up $4.98 (No discount? I'll be heading back anyway once the 20% off clearance starts, hopefully they can give me it then).

Next stop, Sears. Picked up NBA '06 for $2.97. Walked less than 100 feet to the Gamestop in the same mall as this Sears (just wanted to make a note of that :p ) and traded it along with a HMDS for $24.30 after Edge and promo bonus. NBA 06 PSP trades in for $3 by itself, I guess the wiki needs to be updated for that one.

Went to 3 other Gamestops, traded all 14 games in total. Was glad I got all the trades in today, didn't really feel like making 3 more trips to Gamestops tomorrow because some dick associate wouldn't take trade-ins on duplicates.

Spent $51.47 on the crap I got for trading in, made $180.55 in credit. Gamestop, I can't stop loving you. Preordered Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Persona 3. Still have $37.11 left in credit to dump on something else.[/quote]

That sounds like a lot of work, dude.

[quote name='Vegan']That sounds like a lot of work, dude.[/quote]

Well he got $130 for it. Probably better pay for the time than most people get normally (of course it's in credit, but still).

[quote name='Vegan']That sounds like a lot of work, dude.[/QUOTE]

Hardly, the whole thing took me maybe 2 hours, and that's just because of traffic on a Saturday. All of those stores and my apartment are within, at most, 10 minutes of each other. And I was planning on stopping by those stores anyway for games I actually wanted to buy to keep.

I really miss living in the city and being able to do things like that conveniently. We only have one gamestop/best buy here now..

[quote name='EXStrike']I managed to actually find a Harvest Moon DS, but couldn't get the coupon to work - the douchebag cashier (not because of this, but overall he was acting like a bastard) actually read the coupon. Don't fault him on that.

Traded it in with Lionel Trains, which was in a Manager's Special bin for 50% off (Along with FFV Advance! :D)

Prices:
DS:
Harvest Moon DS - $10
Lionel Trains: On Track - $2

Total after bonus, 23.20, spent 17.50 on both (yay tax-free). I just wished the guy scanned the coupon. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Which Best Buy was this?

bust a move is 7.49 at CC in the circular it trades for 6 so, if you buy two for 14.98 you net yourself (6+6=12+10=22) $7 dollars, not to bad if you ask me. i m going to best buy to see if i can price match this and then use my two remaining -$5 Coupons

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Which Best Buy was this?[/quote]

South Bay. It was the last Harvest Moon, but there were like at least 4 or 5 more FFV Advances.

I love that over the course of this deal, I've turned a $30 BestBuy Giftcard (which my girlfriend gave me for my bday) into $96 credit at EBgames... to say nothing for the games I flipped out of pocket.

Thanks corporate america!

[quote name='EXStrike']I managed to actually find a Harvest Moon DS, but couldn't get the coupon to work - the douchebag cashier (not because of this, but overall he was acting like a bastard) actually read the coupon. Don't fault him on that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I finally had a store with Harvest Moon in stock. She rang up the coupons, then took another look at the fine print. Then she removed the coupons from the system because of expiry.

"Oh, they won't go through?"
"No, I have to remove them because they are expired."
"Nevermind, then. Thanks."

Can't really fault them, but it is annoying.

Whoa. My cousins have a ton of DS games...so they give you the credit, and +$10? I'ma try that out

I traded in a copy of Metroid Prime Pinball today and got the $2 as reported on the CAG Wiki. To my suprise, however, they rung up the Rumble Pak as a separate $1 trade-in, which I thought worth mentioning.

Grabbed the last 2 Harvest Moons at a Best Buy in Plano w/o coupons.

Drove over to the mall and just brought the BB bag in and slapped a sealed copy of HM and asked how much I could get for it...$10. Then I reached in and grabbed the other, "we don't take multiple copies of games...plus we don't take wrapped games." WTF???...friggin idiots. They could take a wrapped copy, slap a $29.99 price tag on it and it could collect dust like the rest of them. I went to the Gamestop about 50 yards from the mall and they took both copies without a problem (I unwrapped them though) and then pre-ordered Brain Age 2 so got $33 total, $13.01 after ordering BA.

Gamestop...you are retarded.

[quote name='briandadude']Grabbed the last 2 Harvest Moons at a Best Buy in Plano w/o coupons.

Drove over to the mall and just brought the BB bag in and slapped a sealed copy of HM and asked how much I could get for it...$10. Then I reached in and grabbed the other, "we don't take multiple copies of games...plus we don't take wrapped games." WTF???...friggin idiots. They could take a wrapped copy, slap a $29.99 price tag on it and it could collect dust like the rest of them. I went to the Gamestop about 50 yards from the mall and they took both copies without a problem (I unwrapped them though) and then pre-ordered Brain Age 2 so got $33 total, $13.01 after ordering BA.

Gamestop...you are retarded.[/quote]It's easier to avoid a hassle when you try not to make it look like you just stole some games (i.e. multiple copies still sealed).

[quote name='botticus']It's easier to avoid a hassle when you try not to make it look like you just stole some games (i.e. multiple copies still sealed).[/quote]

I understand, but I know the guy who was working and he watched me come in the door and come straight to the counter.

[quote name='briandadude']I understand, but I know the guy who was working and he watched me come in the door and come straight to the counter.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't mean stolen from GS but stolen from BB or Target or whatever.

I picked up some more PSP games for $5 from Best Buy today. Stupid GS was closed when I went by at 6:30 though. I hate Sunday.

What's the average % rate that one would be charged a missing box fee? I was under the impression they didn't care one way or the other. Not really fair if you didn't have a box to begin with.

Is there are charge if you don't have the manual too?

[quote name='Hibiwa']What's the average % rate that one would be charged a missing box fee? I was under the impression they didn't care one way or the other. Not really fair if you didn't have a box to begin with.

Is there are charge if you don't have the manual too?[/quote]

You're kidding right? GS has never required complete games. This has been asked many times.

It's on my receipt. They can actually press that button to penalize you if they wanted to. It's a nominal 50 cents for the MIA box, but still.

I wasn't totally surprised considering they have no qualms about overcharging the next customer for the very same game.

Being nickel and dimed while helping their bottom line as their main supply channel is a messed up relationship.

Here are a few PSP games that I traded in this weekend that were not on the list.

World Poker Tour $3
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim $6

[quote name='Hibiwa']It's on my receipt. They can actually press that button to penalize you if they wanted to. It's a nominal 50 cents for the MIA box, but still.

I wasn't totally surprised considering they have no qualms about overcharging the next customer for the very same game.

Being nickel and dimed while helping their bottom line as their main supply channel is a messed up relationship.[/quote]
Really? I've never heard of that. They don't charge less for incomplete used games, so they shouldn't be giving less trade-in. GS is full of assholes.

In Michigan I was told they don't accept DS games without the box, and refused a trade because I didn't have the boxes on me.

[quote name='spaztic']In Michigan I was told they don't accept DS games without the box, and refused a trade because I didn't have the boxes on me.[/quote] report that runtsucker to the dm

Traded two today - we already had a price for Mario 64 at $12, but there was no entry in the wiki for Bomberman Land Touch at $8.
For some reason I can't get in to edit the wiki. Can someone else please add this value?

what to get with about $105 in credit. i want to get wii stuff. i was thinking super mario strickers charged, godfather and 2000 wii points. but i do want some upcoming titles, galaxy, brawl ghIII,umbrella cronhiciles. i definately want Super Mario, i m thinking of picking one other title to preorder as i can get godfather for $25 at bestbuy after coupon

so right now it seems like the best deal is to use the BB coupon to get a bunch of HM's for $5 and flip them...

what others are out there? (K-mart clearance, sears, etc.)

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']so right now it seems like the best deal is to use the BB coupon to get a bunch of HM's for $5 and flip them...

what others are out there? (K-mart clearance, sears, etc.)[/quote]

well any 2 games under $5, if your bestbuy has a frontlane then consider picking up loco roco,field commander,gunpey, or ratchet and clank

[quote name='LilPaintballer']well any 2 games under $5, if your bestbuy has a frontlane then consider picking up loco roco,field commander,gunpey, or ratchet and clank[/QUOTE]
well, I meant more of which games have the best flipabiilty

2 harvest moons for $10+tax=$32, for example

anything else of that caliber?

and are there any other exclusions than the 2 mentioned on their website?

another small round of trades to pay the rest of my Bioshock CE preorder and a copy of Wartech

Ape Escape Academy $5
The Hustle Detroit Streets $1.50
Ultimate Block Party $1.50

DS
Yoshi touch and go $6
Mega Man Battle Network $5
Konductra $7
Mario Kart $12
Space Invaders $3

after bonuses got $85.10 in credit

I'll give CAG a shot at these games before I trade them in.

DS

Cooking Mama
Touch the Dead
Chronicles of Narnia
Metroid Prime Pinball (no rumble pack)
Point Blank DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Lost Magic
Brain Age
Contact

PSP

The Con
Medievil Ressurection
Power Stone Collection
Daxter

Hit up BB #1, bought 2 gunpeys and a go! sudoku....$16.20 w/tax for all 3

Hit up BB #2, bought 1 gunpey and 2 loco rocos (or whatever the hell that game is called)....$15.93 w/tax for all 3 (I'm right on the IL/IN border)

Go to Gamestop #1, gunpey+loco roco = $5+$8+$10 (promo)+Edge=$24.30

Go to Gamestop #2, gunpey+loco roco = $5+$8+$10 (promo) = $23.00

Go to EBGames #1 (across the street), gunpey+go! sudoku= $5+$5+$10 (promo)+Edge=$21.00

$68.30 in credit - $32.13 (cost of games) - $1.20 (tolls) - $3 (gas) = $32.97 profit

not bad for an hour's work...I love having 2 BB's and 5 EB/Gamestops within 10 miles of my house

I tried my luck yesterday and I got a great deal of credit. Thank you for sharing this information, I did not know about it.

Traded in:
PS2: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution ($4), Kingdom Hearts ($5)
PSP: Gun Showdown ($8), Traxxpad ($15) + $10 Bonus
Wii: Blazing Angels ($12) + $10 Bonus from newsletter coupon
ALL + 10% Edge
= $67.30 saved on Edge card

The Con PSP- $7.20
Tiger Woods PSP - $8.30
Polarium - $6.65
Whack-a-Mole - $6.65
Feel The magic - $6.10
Danny Phantom - $9.40
Resident Evil - $13.60
Trauma Center - $16
Rayman - $12.70 (He rang it up mistakenly as Raving Rabbids instead of Rayman DS)
Castlevania DoS - $12.70

Total $99.50 *surprise*

Picked up Luminous Arc and Picross and have $41 left in credit. I'm waffling on Persona 3 or Heroes of Mana.

[quote name='Jedi1979']
The Hustle Detroit Streets $1.50
[/QUOTE]

I was afraid the trade-in on that one sucked. I picked that and Go! Sukoku up for $5 each from a Best Buy that only has old frontlane stuff and none of the new good ones - by the way, where are people getting all these Loco Rocos (I know Best Buy, I've just never seen it frontlaned there)? It pains me to see such a great game used for flipping ;).

I guess I'll return Hustle as $2 profit off of $5 spent is not worth it to me. I suppose I ought to hold on to it until the promo is over, at least, to see if I need it to make an even number of trade-ins.

I really haven't been taking advantage of this promo as much as I should be (or would normally). I've got a few more BB games to trade, but really aren't motivated to find more at this point.

Anyway, Wiki updated through this post...

[quote name='Superstar7']Traded in:
PS2: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution ($4), Kingdom Hearts ($5)
[/QUOTE]

Almost missed your PS2 quotes there. That is a good price for VF Evo as a year ago (according to the Wiki) it only fetched $1.50. I wonder what that has gone up? KH has gone down a whole $1 since over a year ago - not bad I guess.

Traded in:
Harvest Moon x2 - $20.00
Lumines 2 - $7
Loco Roco - $8
bonus - $20.00
Total: $55.00

$55 in credit isn't bad when I only spent $25.34 on the games.

Went to 2 BB, first BB took the coupons with out hesitation. 2nd BB, lady looks at it and asks someone about and says "we can't accept 'copied coupons' ". That just bummed me out since I could have gotten another $55 in credit.

Debating wheter to spend this on Persona 3 or on Halo 3 now, hmmm....

I tried to trade in two ds games the other day for the deal and the guy told me that games under 5$ could not be applied to this deal?
is this true because if it's not i'm going to go raise hell at that store

bread's done
Back