GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

Based on psychoxfox & Rocko's experience, there must be a 12-game per system trade-in limit.

The order of which they scan the games shouldn't matter, it looks like they didn't apply the discount to the lowest trade-in values of their lots.

more games traded in

DS
Phoenix wright $7
Bust a Move - $7
Mr. Driller $2
Brain Age $7
Trace Memory $3
Nanostray $4

PSP
Gripshift $4
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins $6
Samurai Warriors State of War $6
Loco Roco $8
Micro Machines V4 $5
Bust a move deluxe $6
Exit $2
Pinball $4
Outrun 2006 $2
Cars $6

Theoretically, I could buy Wii Play from Best Buy for $45 with the GGC, then trade in the disc to EB for $20? That's like a $25 remote, except there's $20 in EB credit. I'm sure I could always spend it though.

got $40.36 after the bonuses for Nintendogs and New Super Mario Bros.. (the $10, plus the EDGE card bonus AND the extra 10% for a reservation)

i have Electroplankton and Phoenix Wright, but i don't want to trade in electroplankton...it's a pretty rare game and i will only get like $24 after the bonuses

hey, a bit off topic i guess, but do you guys know how long it usually takes for the district manager to get back to me from the negative feedback i sent? And.. would that usually be by e-mail or phone? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']hey, a bit off topic i guess, but do you guys know how long it usually takes for the district manager to get back to me from the negative feedback i sent? And.. would that usually be by e-mail or phone? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

1-3 days, usually by phone but man i'm not wasting my minutes. in your neg. feedback i think you should put, 'prefer email'

[quote name='juanmi08']got $40.36 after the bonuses for Nintendogs and New Super Mario Bros.. (the $10, plus the EDGE card bonus AND the extra 10% for a reservation)

i have Electroplankton and Phoenix Wright, but i don't want to trade in electroplankton...it's a pretty rare game and i will only get like $24 after the bonuses[/quote]

You'd be better off ebaying Electroplankton.

Bad news on Pac-Man World Rally for PSP - it dropped from $10 to $6 since 2 days ago :cry:. I traded it anyway since I only paid $5 for it.

Atleast you still profit if you paid 5 bucks for it.
I've been trading in Gunpey which is only 5 bucks credit.

Here's more values for io (8/04/2007)

DS - Sonic Rush $4
PSP - Megaman Maverick Hunter X $5
PSP - Astonishia Story $5
PSP - Metal Gear Ac!d 2 $1.50

I picked up Medievil resurrection and world tour soccer for $2.80 & $2.10 respectively. I plan on trading these in for the $10 extra credit, but I have a question.

Right now EB/GS are giving 20% extra credit trade-in towards Madden 08; Madden is not my type of football game, however the 20% extra credit is catching my eye. Can you trade in your credit towards madden to get the extra 20% credit, pick up the sorry game on release, then return it (unopened of course) for another purchase without EB/GS deducting the 20% extra you got for trade in?

My wording could have been a bit better, I just took a quick stop from reorganizing the kitchen and in a hurry to get back in the fight (well, not me so much as the woman).

[quote name='autche']

Right now EB/GS are giving 20% extra credit trade-in towards Madden 08; Madden is not my type of football game, however the 20% extra credit is catching my eye. Can you trade in your credit towards madden to get the extra 20% credit, pick up the sorry game on release, then return it (unopened of course) for another purchase without EB/GS deducting the 20% extra you got for trade in?
[/quote]

you wont be able to do it if you tell the guy at gs upfront those are your plans :)

I'm a helluva honest guy, but no need to divulge priveleged information upfront of an ongoing operation. ;) Sounds like the implied answer is, yup it'll work (bonus plus flipping madden back for a different game).

Edit: Speaking of honesty, 2 weeks ago a guy came into GS and said he wanted to buy a used 360 then turn in his current 360 which is defective for either a refund or repair. Balls, big hairy hang to your knees balls (or incredibly blissfully stupid; I do think the latter was in play here). The staff was taken back by this guy's information then burst his bubble letting him know that 360 purchases are serially controlled and his plan wouldn't work; but after a few more questions they were able to determine he had the 3 red lights of death and informed him to call microsoft for a replacement since the warranty had been up'd to 3 years on the red lights of death.

if you can find a better deal on madden, like at best buy/target/cc then you can always cancel your preorder, but they hate that.

When does this end?

EDIT: Just read the first post.

My Kmart has Tiger Woods for DS on clearance, anybody picked that up to trade yet?

Other than that I have some PSP games to try and get rid of.

Traded in the following, all values are before bonus and Edge:

PSP-
Pac-Man World Rally - $6.00
Gunpey - $5.00

DS-
Point Blank - $6.00
Pokemon Trozei - $7.00
Monster Bomber - $1.50
Meteos: Disney Magic - $9.00

Got $67.95 after Edge and bonus.

Naruto Ninja Council for DS is 10 dollars.
/edit
So could I just say that I want to put all that money down for Madden 08 and come back a week later and move it to another game?

I LOVE this site! Even when you guys get bitchy, it is polite bitchy! :argue:

I have a bunch of PSP games in my locker at work, and I know I'll be getting out early . . . Best Buy, KMart, then on to the 3 different GS/EB in the area!

I gotta remember to print out coupons and trade value lists.

Anyone near Secaucus, NJ tried the coupons at BB on Rte 3?

Last, can we use the mailed coupons at BB to stack? I got a new bunch yesterday.

Thanks to all.

[quote name='quest1962']
Last, can we use the mailed coupons at BB to stack? I got a new bunch yesterday.

Thanks to all.[/QUOTE]

New BB coupons? You mean GamePro ones that are $5 off for August? If so, please share! (Post a scan).

Was crazy dissapointed when i traded 2 Gunpeys today and they were only 5 credit each. Were'nt they 10 a piece before?

[quote name='cag1000']Was crazy dissapointed when i traded 2 Gunpeys today and they were only 5 credit each. Were'nt they 10 a piece before?[/QUOTE]

$10 with bonus, never $10 by themselves (or at least not any time recently).

I haven't traded stuff in at GS ever, so forgive my ignorance, but....

Do I have to spend my credit at the store at which I trade my games in? Or will it be held on my Edge card for me to shop around until I find one with a used Disgaea? ;D

[quote name='io']New BB coupons? You mean GamePro ones that are $5 off for August? If so, please share! (Post a scan).[/quote]

No. I get coupons in the mail every month or so. These are dated 8/10-13, and say "Exclusive Sales Event" for:

10% off any single item (lots of restrictions)
10% off all REGULARLY priced music, movies video and PC games
10% off certain single items, or 12% off same with the Reward Zone card.

How do I scan and post?

Scanner + imageshack.

Unfortunately, only the 10% off games/movies is the easiest to scan, if only because its the only single-sided coupon.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I haven't traded stuff in at GS ever, so forgive my ignorance, but....

Do I have to spend my credit at the store at which I trade my games in? Or will it be held on my Edge card for me to shop around until I find one with a used Disgaea? ;D[/quote]

It goes on the card unless you have something to buy immediately.

[quote name='quest1962']No. I get coupons in the mail every month or so. These are dated 8/10-13, and say "Exclusive Sales Event" for:

10% off any single item (lots of restrictions)
10% off all REGULARLY priced music, movies video and PC games
10% off certain single items, or 12% off same with the Reward Zone card.

How do I scan and post?[/QUOTE]

I use to get those coupons, but they havent sent any to me since May or so. I still buy stuff regularly at BB, I just thought they stopped sending them.

[quote name='shouamabane']Does EB/GS still accept DS games without cases?[/QUOTE]

Since they accept most games w/o cases, you can probably sell it w/o one too. I see a lot of DS games mixed in with the GBA games in the case.

[quote name='shouamabane']Does EB/GS still accept DS games without cases?[/QUOTE]

mine does.

the only thing better than netting $22 flipping 2 copies of harvest moon ds, is netting $22 and 2 DS cases/inserts.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']When does this end?

EDIT: Just read the first post.

My Kmart has Tiger Woods for DS on clearance, anybody picked that up to trade yet?

Other than that I have some PSP games to try and get rid of.[/quote]

I found a Target Woods for like $2.40 on clearance at KMart and was able to trade that in on this deal. The system automatically handled the bonuses and there were no problems. I also found Polarium and True Swing Golf at KMart for trade-in. I don't have my receipt with me to post trade-in values, but all in all with the bonuses, I got around $32 for my 4 games (I also had a Sims: The Urbz to trade-in) for only around $7 out of pocket cost.

[quote name='MC Hampster']I found a Target Woods for like $2.40 on clearance at KMart and was able to trade that in on this deal. The system automatically handled the bonuses and there were no problems. I also found Polarium and True Swing Golf at KMart for trade-in. I don't have my receipt with me to post trade-in values, but all in all with the bonuses, I got around $32 for my 4 games (I also had a Sims: The Urbz to trade-in) for only around $7 out of pocket cost.[/quote]

Wow, when did "Target Woods" come out? Never heard of it before.....maybe that's why it's only $2.40 ;)

I traded in Contact ($8) and Mario 64 ($12); total came to $32 with the Edge and bonus. I grabbed Disgaea for $4.33 ($39.99, $36.00 with Edge - 32.00 credit + tax). =D

Traded in stuff yesterday, and they gave me Edge card+$10 bonus. The clerk tried to give me the 20% power trade in towards Halo 3 but the computer wouldn't let him stack. Boo hoo. Prices are before $10 bonus:

Magnetica $7.00
Brain Age $7.00
Mario Kart $11.00
True Swing Golf $3.00
Meteos $4.00
Pokemon Diamond $18.00
Tetris DS $12.00
Metroid Prime Hunters $10.00

Bonuses and Edge card equaled $119.20. Not too bad, I think.

Does EB/GS still accept DS games without cases?

Yes. I brought 8 games in a ziplock sandwich bag and they took it without problem. I think sometimes, though, it depends on whether or not the clerk likes you.

Okay, went to BB in Secaucus, NJ today. Found one Harvest Moon DS, and got a Tiger Woods PGA 2005 PSP, both 9.99. The only bins here are DVDs, so I had to scour.

At the register, the coupons got scanned, but didn't ring the discount until after I was told they wouldn't since they were expired (she checked after scanning), AND I gave her my Rewards Zone card. Total was $10.68

Next, off to GS, with the new 2, and 4 PSP games.

Trade/Edge/Bonus/Total

SOCOM FTB = 6+0.60+5=11.60

MediEvil Resurrection = 3+0.30+5=8.30

MLB 06 = 6+0.60+5=11.60

World Poker Tour = 3+0.30+5 = 8.30

Tiger Woods PGA = 3+0.30+5 = 8.30

Harvest Moon DS = 10+1+5 = 16

Total on my Edge Card = 64.10

Total Cash out of pocket on games I never inteneded to play = 10.68

Overall = 53.42 :applause:

I was asked if I wanted cash or a credit, which seems to be my YMMV, but in my favor! I took the credit anyway.

Thanks to all of you! Hope to get more later this week, TRU and another BB.

[quote name='quest1962']

I was asked if I wanted cash or a credit, which seems to be my YMMV, but in my favor! I took the credit anyway.

Thanks to all of you! Hope to get more later this week, TRU and another BB.[/quote]

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be towards cash. I would've taken it though :)

[quote name='primetime']Yeah, this isn't supposed to be towards cash. I would've taken it though :)[/quote]

I'm better off with the credit. Now I can't spend it and have nothing to buy games with! I do it when I go to AC, too. I keep my chips, so I don't have to scrape together my buy-ins. When I HAVE chips left, fo course!;)

[quote name='Link927']They would have probably given you the -20% value on your trade if you had taken cash though.[/quote]

:bomb:

Didn't think of that!

Have to keep a clearer mind in those moments . . .

Thanks!

My trade-ins (all before the bonus credit):

Gunpey (PSP) - 5.00
Scurge: Hive - 1.00
Meteos - 4.00
Super Mario 64 DS - 12.00
Mega Man ZX - 10.00
Zoo Keeper - 2.50
Nanostray - 4.00
Sonic Rush - 4.00

Total (w/bonus) - 82.50. I payed for BioShock LE in full and might go back for Gitaroo Man PSP with the rest of the credit tomorrow.

I traded in SOCOM FTB today for $6 before the bonus. It's a pretty good trade in value considering the game came out a long time ago. Can someone please update the Wiki price for it....I tried but I can't even create an account.

[quote name='mrhappi79']I traded in SOCOM FTB today for $6 before the bonus. It's a pretty good trade in value considering the game came out a long time ago. Can someone please update the Wiki price for it....I tried but I can't even create an account.[/QUOTE]

Done. I wasn't aware there were two SOCOMs for the PSP. It seems the newer one gets $1 less than the older - wierd.

bread's done
Back