GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

io, so you know, both "Mario 64 DS" and "Super Mario 64 DS" are in the wiki, the latter being the one with the updated price (the former's price is a year old). Might want to snip one of those out.

Pretty good day, here's what I got. Trade values before bonuses:
PSP
SOCOM: FTB 2- $5.00
The Con- $2.00
Kingdom of Paradise- $4.00
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006- $6.00

DS
Elite Beat Agents- $8.00
Rayman- $4.00

Total after EDGE and promo- $61.90

Kinda disappointed about the trade in price for SOCOM since it fetched much more a week or two ago.

Got Lunar Knights used for $24.99 and Metal Gear Ac!d used (finally!) for $9.99. I passed on Metal Gear Ac!d 2 today since it's much more common everywhere and it should drop more at the other retailers. I was glad to see the used price for it dropped from $12.99 to $8.99 recently though.

[quote name='Rocko']io, so you know, both "Mario 64 DS" and "Super Mario 64 DS" are in the wiki, the latter being the one with the updated price (the former's price is a year old). Might want to snip one of those out.[/QUOTE]

Well, I updated the first one I saw, which was Super Mario 64 I guess... I don't make it a habit of looking for multiple since I don't expect them to be there ;). I removed "Mario 64" since that's not what it's called.

I've been having a bit of an issue with games starting with "The" recently. Some are listed under "T" and others aren't. I think they should be listed under their regular name. For example, "The Con" shouldn't be under "T", but "C". But if they are already in there I don't usually move them around. Anyway, search is your friend ;).

Wiki updated through this post...

[quote name='io']Well, I updated the first one I saw, which was Super Mario 64 I guess... I don't make it a habit of looking for multiple since I don't expect them to be there ;). I removed "Mario 64" since that's not what it's called.[/quote]

I'm not critisizing you, just letting you know there's a dupe. I wouldn't've noticed it myself, but I was looking up Mario vs. DK 2 and saw Mario 64 at $12 right neae it, and I knew it was $10, not $12. :)

Traded in Frantix and Worldwide Soccer for the PSP, and got just over $13 credit for them with the trade-in deal ($2 for Frantix and $1 for Worldwide Soccer, I believe). I'm actually surprised that Worldwide Soccer isn't excluded, especially since it was part of the $2 Best Buy clearance a while ago. Suppose if someone hoarded a bunch of copies from that sale, they could make some easy credit at Gamestop (although I doubt managers would let you trade in too many copies of the same game).

I think I'll go back in with Super Mario DS and Lord of the Rings Tactics. The latter apparantly goes for $7.

Going back tomorrow with 16 games. After all is said and done I'll get $179 after edge and the promo.

Hello free PSP.

Chickened out with my trades... figure since the promo goes through 8/19, I'll give eBay a shot at getting me top dollar, use this as a last resort.

Didn't help that they sold my Mario Strikers preorder (which I will return with my Walmart receipt) so I gotta go back for that eventually anyway.

I just traded in 2 games, considering that the trade in was on-par with ebay value.

Cooking Mama - 7$
Polarium - 1.50

Got $18.50 in store credit

Just a heads up, io, you've got two Animal Crossings listed in the DS section. The one listed as "Animal Crossing Wild World" is the latest updated one. The one simply titled "Animal Crossing" is under "ATV Quad Frenzy" and above "Battles of Prince of Persia."

Here's a few values.
----DS----
Harvest Moon- Staying strong at $10- $16 after bonus/edge
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow- $7 - 12.70 AB

---PS2---
Guitar Hero 2 Rocks the 80s- $25 - 27.50 AB ($25 at best buy)

----PSP----
Powerstone Collection - $7 - $12.70 AB ($10 at meijer)
Loco Roco - $8 - $13.80 AB
Hot Shots Golf - $3 - $8.30 AB (not bad considering EB sells it for $10, got it during b2g1)
GripShift - $3 - $9.40 AB (EB charges $12.99 for this one.. pretty decent)
Chili Con Carnage - $6 - $11.60 AB ($10 at amazon a ways back)
Syphon Filter - $6 - $11.60 AB ($10 @ BB after coupon)

I think I at least broke even. Loco Roco lost me a bit, but I didn't enjoy the game too terribly much anyway.

Got Brave Story and will return for Super Mario Strikers when it's in stock.

io, got a huge list here of every system/handheld they're selling games for (except GBA) with trade-in values.

:ds: DS Games

Harry Potter Order of Phoenix - $11
Sim City - $11
Touchmaster - $11

:gc: GameCube Games

DDR Mario Mix - $20 (Raised)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $18 (Dropped)
Madden NFL 2008 - $16
Mario Kart Double Dash - $15 (Raised)
Mario Party 5 - $18 (Raised)
Mario Power Tennis - $15 (Raised)
Mario Superstar Baseball - $14 (Raised)
Pokemon Colosseum - $12 (Raised)
Ratatouille - $14
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - $14 (Raised)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $14 (Raised)

:ps2: PlayStation 2 Games

Digital Devil Saga - $16
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - $17 (Dropped)
God of War II - $15 (Dropped)
Guitar Hero 2 Rocks the 80's - $25
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $35 (Raised)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 - $18
NASCAR 2008 - $16
NCAA Football 2008 - $20
Odin Sphere - $18
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - $20 (Dropped)
Transformers the Game - $18

:ps3: PlayStation 3 Games

All-Pro Football 2K8 - $20 (Dropped)
The Darkness - $25
NASCAR 2008 - $25
NCAA Football 2008 - $25
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $30
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $30
Resistance: Fall of Man - $20 (Dropped)
Transformers The Game - $20

:psp: PSP Games

Harry Potter Order of Phoenix - $14
MLB 07: The Show - $14 (Dropped)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - $15 (Dropped)
Riviera: The Promised Land - $14 (Dropped)

:xbox: Xbox Games

DDR Ultramix 4 - $10
Futurama: The Game - $9
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - $12
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - $12
Major League Baseball 2K7 - $12
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $35 (Raised)
NCAA Football 2008 - $16
Ratatouille - $15
Sniper Elite - $10 (Dropped)
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy - $12

:360: Xbox 360 Games

All-Pro Football 2K8 - $25
The Darkness - $25
Dirt - $25
Forza Motor Sports 2 - $25
Gears of War - $25 (Raised)
NASCAR 2008 - $25
NCAA Football 2008 - $25
Overlord - $25
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $25 (Raised)
Transformers the Game - $25
Vampire Rain - $17

:wii: Wii Games

Avatar: The Last Airbender - $6 (Dropped)
Big Brain Academy - $20
The Bigs - $20
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $25 (Dropped)
Mario Party 8 - $30
Mario Strikers Charged - $25
Pokémon Battle Revolution - $25
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $20 (Dropped)
Transformers the Game - $20

i almost never trade in games, but i traded in big brain academy and sim city ds for 27 bucks in credit, making my phantom hourglass preorder less than 10 bucks cash which was quite nice

[quote name='Tsukento']Just a heads up, io, you've got two Animal Crossings listed in the DS section. The one listed as "Animal Crossing Wild World" is the latest updated one. The one simply titled "Animal Crossing" is under "ATV Quad Frenzy" and above "Battles of Prince of Persia."[/QUOTE]

Once again, I PERSONALLY don't have those in there as dups - there are other people who edit the Wiki you know ;).

Anyway, it has been fixed and prices updated through here.

Tsukento - I can read the EB web site trade-in prices as well ;). I generally don't include them, because, well, they're on the web site. Plus I don't feel like updating a bunch of games people probably won't be trading - it makes more sense to do the ones people are active with. I will make all the DS and PSP changes though for sure!

2 Questions

1. Can u trade one DS game and PSP game to get that extra $10?

2. Does the 10% discount also apply to the whole deal?

[quote name='kart007k']2 Questions

1. Can u trade one DS game and PSP game to get that extra $10?

2. Does the 10% discount also apply to the whole deal?[/quote]

People have been reporting different results for that. Some have been told yes, others no.

No, the 10% extra applies to the base trade value of your game. That's what happened to me, anyway.

I'm off to unload 16 DS games.

Got 2 World Tour Soccer 06 (PSP) at K-mart for $.49 cents each. Traded them in for $5.00. After bonuses and edge it's $10.50.

[quote name='Tsukento']Simple checking of GameStop's site, here's a few games needed to be either updated or added, prices in blue font are increases and prices in red font are decreases, normal color are new ones:

:ds: DS Games
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $12
Digimon World DS - $12
Electroplankton - $16
Monopoly Boggle Yahtzee - $12
New Super Mario Bros. - $12
Pokémon Diamond - $18
Pokémon Pearl - $18
Super Mario 64 DS - $12
Tetris DS - $12

Wow, double most of those prices and you have the Ebay value. This is why I never trade games in unless I'm flipping clearance stuff. Elektroplankton goes for like $50...

I traded some games in yesterday, here are the prices (before Edge/$5 bonus):

GTA:LCS (PSP) $7

Nanostray (DS) $4

Winning Eleven 9 (PSP) $6

Cooking Mama (DS) $7

True Swing Golf (DS) $3

Contact (DS) $8

After all the bonus, I only lost money in 3 of the 6 games for a total of $20, but I made $5 on the other 3 games so for a small loss of $15 for 6 games, that's not too bad.

Wiki updated through this post...

World Tour Soccer '06 is 49 cents at Kmart? How did I not know about this?

[quote name='io']Wiki updated through this post...

World Tour Soccer '06 is 49 cents at Kmart? How did I not know about this?[/QUOTE]

I think it's supposed to be 70 cents after 30% off. For some odd reason, I think it took 30% off the 70 cents to make it 49 cents.

umm... i don't quite know why, but i traded in about 16 ds games, and 10 psp games, everything shows the $5 bonus except... meteos and ultimate spiderman, just $4 and $3 each respectively... anyone know whats the dealio?
Asked the dude and he was just like.. i dunno, the computer does it automatically so...

Major problems today.....

Went in to trade a couple Harvest Moon DS, and the employees practically accused me of stealing and told me to get out of their store. I went to another Gamestop, and was again told to leave, but this time I asked to see this supposed 'Multiple Item Policy'.....they couldn't produce it. I asked them to call their District Manager, and while the guy was calling, he interrogated me on where I got Harvest Moon, why, how much, etc...

The district manager told him to go ahead and accept the trade, but this Gamestop didn't have the used games I wanted.

I basically spent 2 hour driving, 2 stores, accused of stealing twice....and didn't get the games I wanted (when the first store had what I wanted!!). Do you think this warrants a call to corporate? Think there is anything they could do about it?
Thanks,
FreshPrince

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Major problems today.....

Went in to trade a couple Harvest Moon DS, and the employees practically accused me of stealing and told me to get out of their store. I went to another Gamestop, and was again told to leave, but this time I asked to see this supposed 'Multiple Item Policy'.....they couldn't produce it. I asked them to call their District Manager, and while the guy was calling, he interrogated me on where I got Harvest Moon, why, how much, etc...

The district manager told him to go ahead and accept the trade, but this Gamestop didn't have the used games I wanted.

I basically spent 2 hour driving, 2 stores, accused of stealing twice....and didn't get the games I wanted (when the first store had what I wanted!!). Do you think this warrants a call to corporate? Think there is anything they could do about it?
Thanks,
FreshPrince[/quote]

i always thought that you arent supposed to trade multiples at the same time...i wouldnt stand for them accusing me of stealing though

[quote name='psychoxfoo']umm... i don't quite know why, but i traded in about 16 ds games, and 10 psp games, everything shows the $5 bonus except... meteos and ultimate spiderman, just $4 and $3 each respectively... anyone know whats the dealio?
Asked the dude and he was just like.. i dunno, the computer does it automatically so...[/QUOTE]

If you could post the whole list, here, that would help. Were those two the cheapest of the games you traded? More likely, though, it has to do with the amount of games you traded. There might be a limit, and then maybe there was an odd number for each set, so 1 in each set didn't count. I'm sure it was something stupid like that. They should have looked into it for you instead of giving some stupid "I dunno" comment :lol:.

FreshPrince - we've seen stories like that before. Sometimes they think they've "got you" because you have multiple sealed games or whatever. Really, they have no way of knowing and it is pretty idiotic of them to accuse you of anything in particular. They can simply refuse the trades, though, as it is all up to "manager's approval". I never bring 2 of anything in to any store for a single trade-in session though. Sure, I'll go back to the same store the next day with the same games, maybe, but never at the same time. You could always show your BB receipt to prove where you got them, but it's against the best interests of CAG to do so ;).

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Major problems today.....

Thanks,
FreshPrince[/quote]

How many did you have?

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']four copies[/QUOTE]

You did get to trade the games and got the credit, right? Though I guess you can't really go back to the first store to buy what you wanted there, so that sucks. I'm not sure I'd escalate it to corporate, though, as they really don't need to know about cheap games used to exploit their deals ;). All that could lead to is more exclusions in the future. Most stores have a 2 per day limit of each game (I know Blockbuster/GR does, anyway, and I think Gamecrazy too). 4 is pushing it to be sure, especially if that is all you are trading in. But then, if they couldn't come up with anything stating those limits, I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='io']If you could post the whole list, here, that would help. Were those two the cheapest of the games you traded? More likely, though, it has to do with the amount of games you traded. There might be a limit, and then maybe there was an odd number for each set, so 1 in each set didn't count. I'm sure it was something stupid like that. They should have looked into it for you instead of giving some stupid "I dunno" comment :lol:.[/quote]

All before bonuses...
Here goes..
------PSP------
Nba live 07- $7
MediEvil Ressurec- $3
Gradius Collection- $3
X-men Legends 2- $7
Viewtiful.. red hot- $4
Ult ghosts n Gobs- $6
Sonic Rivals- $8
Ult block party- $1.50
Tokobot- $2
Untold..brotherhood- $4
------DS-----
Super mario 64- $12
Castlevania DOS- $7
Final fantasy 3- $15
Mario Kart- $11
Children of mana- $8
Mario and Luigi- $8
Kirby canvas- $7
Meteos- $4 =====>wtffff i got no bonus
Ult spidey-man- $3 =====>wtfff i got no bonus again
Phoenix wright 1- $7
Sonic Rush- $4
Magical starsign- $5
Rub rabbits- $5
Res evil..- $8
Metroid Prime pinball- $2 ====> got no bonus, but i understood this as the odd numbered one

Sup, i got scrwed, didn't i

Bought 2 more copies of Harvest Moon DS tonight at BB (using a gift card, no less) for $10.58 after tax.

Going to trade them into EB in the morning for $32.00...

just trying to decide whether i should pay off SSBB, or lay down some money on Halo 3... since I plan to buy a 360 by the time that releases in Sept.

So here's what happened to me.

I took 16 games into GS. I knew I was to be getting $90 credit, $9 from my GI card, and $80 promo, for a total of $179. they took my games, and I ended up with $90 credit, so I knew my estimate from the Wiki was right. They totaled it up and got $159. I told them it was wrong, and they found a few games that didn't get the bonus applied- Sonic Rush, Pac Pix, Metroid Pinball, and one other than I can't remember.

The girl tried to add on $5 manually and somehow screwed it up, so a guy stepped in an corrected it. Somehow, I ended up with $189. I think it was because I got an extra 10% on what they manually added in, coupled with the girl's mistake. I dunno, but my receipt is all kinds of funky since they had to do so much overriding.

Anyway, I dunno if the system just hiccuped, if those games are excluded, or if there is a limit to the number of times this deal can be used at once.

Rocko, from your post and that of psychoxfoo it would seem there is a limit to the number of games that can be done on one transaction. But it is more complicated than that - it almost appears there is a limit per group of games, or something wierd. Can either of you tell what's going on from the order of the games that didn't get the bonus? Were they the last one of a group of 8 or something? Were they all at the end? Were they just randomly scattered around?

I'll look at my receipt now. The girl added some overrides to the wrong games, though, so it's really a mess. Let me check.

RE: DS got the $5.00 bonus, and also a $2.50 override. I think this is the mistake.

Next is Pac Pix, got no bonus, but $2.50 override.

Next is Castlevania DoS, got the bonus and a $7.70 override.

Then Sonic Rush, no bonus and $5 override.

Then Viewtiful Joe, no bonus and $5 override.

5 games go fine.

Metroid Pinball, no bonus and $5 override.

Last 5 go through fine.

So four games got no bonus, and I got $27.70 in overrides plus $2.77 extra. They really fucked up.

So really, their mistake was that $7.70 on Castlevania and the 10% on all the overrides. Those two figures gae me the extra $10. Thanks, GS.

I have Daxter and GTA:LCS that I am considering trading in for this...so hard, usually don't trade, but these two should cover the purchase of picross...hmm....

i dunno man, the list i posted is exactly in the same order as the way he scanned it, so as it appears on the receipt... what to do...loss of $10

[quote name='suko_32']I think it's supposed to be 70 cents after 30% off. For some odd reason, I think it took 30% off the 70 cents to make it 49 cents.[/quote]

YMMV on the Soccer for 70 cents. I just purchased a copy for a cousin's new PSP for $2.80.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i dont know why you guys insist on doing soooooo many games at once :)[/quote]

...Because I don't have time to go 16 times? I had the games, wanted to trade them, so I took them in. Simple as that.

Called up about a couple trade in prices:

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) - $7
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (DS) - $8

By the way, just wanted to say i just sent gamestop some feedback via ..

https://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/87069/GameStop.htm

Says that if you had a negative experience, you could enter your receipt number and check a box to be contacted by the district manager about the issue... so I'll see what happens. And if anyone has tried this before... please lemme know asap if this is another one of those bs feedback thingies where they just never care or respond.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']By the way, just wanted to say i just sent gamestop some feedback via ..

https://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/87069/GameStop.htm

Says that if you had a negative experience, you could enter your receipt number and check a box to be contacted by the district manager about the issue... so I'll see what happens. And if anyone has tried this before... please lemme know asap if this is another one of those bs feedback thingies where they just never care or respond.[/quote]

they actually do respond to those...i think it goes to the DM or whatever store the receipt is from

[quote name='Jedi1979']they actually do respond to those...i think it goes to the DM or whatever store the receipt is from[/quote]

Yeah, if you respond negatively to the customer service quiz at the bottom, it REALLY screws us up. Like, our rankings in the district are determined partially by these.

bread's done
Back