GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

[quote name='io']Wow! Lots of trade-in prices, many of which are new to the Wiki. Keep 'em coming :applause:

loserboy - could you post the prices you got (like Open Season)?

I updated the wiki through this post...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, was in a hurry and had to pick my kids up, have some time now: here are my prices from my two days (and over $200.00 in credit):

All prices pre-bonus, pre-Edge:

DS
Open Season 2.50
Feel the Magic 1.00
Star Fox Command 7.00
Dig Dug DIgging St 4.00
Spongebob: Yell Aven 5.00
Mr. Driller: Drill 2.00
Madden 2006 2.00
Zoo Keeper 2.50
Polarium 1.50
Puyo Pop 4.00

PSP
Fifa 2006 6.00
Gunpey 5.00
The Con 2.00
Star Wars:Battlefront 7.00
SSX on Tours 7.00
WWE Smack 2007 10.00
Ridge Racer 2.00
Bust Move 6.00
Madden 2007 6.00
Daxter 7.00

Okay, that's the lot.

Here's some new ones before bonuses:

Mega Man Powered Up $5.00
Mega Man Maverick Hunter $5.00

FYI, I didn't trade them in, I just called and asked.

Just thought I'd drop a note about trade-in vs. ebay...I've been ebaying a lot of my old PS1 RPGs (and other rare PS1/Saturn/SegaCD games) because I'm a packrat and a hoarder and I'm 40, and I realized that I will never finish these games. Generally, figure about 1.00 ebay charge, 2.00 postage, .50 - 1.00 paypal (plus time, gas, envelopes/boxes/packing materials. and gas)...so you lose between 3 - 4 dollars on lowerpriced games (more on bigger ticket items)...so that being said, you get 8.00 or 9.00 for Drill Spirits(with shipping thrown in) on ebay, less 3 or 4 dollars...so you net 4 or 5 bucks or so; you trade it in now, you net $7.20.

You apply the same to something like Feel the Magic which sells for 2 bucks on ebay, etc, etc...it really depends on the game....5 bucks a game gives a lot of these games decent trade in values.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I just paid off a Wii for $90.24 thanks to this deal.

2.22 (feel the magic) + 5.30 (harvest moon ds) = $7.52

Total trade in value $22.10 * 12 = $265.2 store credit

$7.52 * 12 = $90.24

Includes taxes, had to go to 2 best buys to get all the harvest moons and 4 kmarts around me (all close) for all the feel the magics. Luckily there are 4 gs/ebs around me so i could hit up each per day and not look too shifty (although i did each store twice today just to get it over with).

Wish everyone else the best of luck, just saved myself 170 bucks on my brothers bday gift this year :)[/quote]Okay. That is sick. Did anyone elses Best Buy take the coupons? Before I print out 20 copies...What were their reactions???

Expired coupon isn't much better for me, but good luck to everyone else. I'm 0/2 using anything expired there (once knowingly, once unknowingly).

This might seem dodgy but i always go to registers with less then stunning women working them. I just smile and act polite, never fails. Everytime ive used it they look at it for a second, scan it, then i pay and leave. Never had a problem.

BAHHHH

And here I just traded in a bunch of DS and PSP games for that Coconuts 20-percent bonus bag promo. :(

Oh well. I still have a few games I might trade in for this deal -- I was honestly waiting for a $10 bonus promo for years, and then it shows up days after I finally cave. Blargh.

Values before adjustment and Edge bonus:

Pac-Pix 2.50
Pac 'N Roll 5
Feel the Magic 1
Viewtiful Joe DT 2.50
Deep Labyrinth 3
Trace Memory 3

Virtua Tennis 2
Untold Legends BoB 4
Samurai Warriors 6
X-Men Legends 2 7
Viewtiful Joe RHR 4
Pac-Man World Rally 10

Well, I just went and the only game they had that was cheap was Harvest Moon. They only had 1 of em, so I snagged it. They took the coupon with no problems rofl what a steal. If only they had 20 of em...

Prices before Edge and Promo (prices after)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: 10.00 (16.00)

Lost Magic: 4.00 (9.40)

Lunar Dragon Song: 4.00 (9.40)

Dragonball Z Supersonic Warriors 2: 4.00 (9.40)

Brain Age: 7.00 (12.70)

Magical Starsign: 5.00 (10.50)

TOTAL: $67.40.

Preordered and paid off Phantom Hourglass and bought a year of Edge. Got about $15 left. I don't shop at Gamestop, but it will be a nice discount for the next game I buy.

Just came back from GameStop. Traded in 12 games (7 DS, 3 PSP, 2 PS2), but I'm missing $10 because apparently you can't mix and match on a pair. Ah well. I like that GS anyway, so I don't mind. I went to a BB beforehand but only saw Gunpey, no Harvest Moon DS. :whistle2:(

All before bonus:
DS:
Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers - $6
Lost in Blue - $9
Lost Magic - $4
Nanostray - $4
Point Blank DS - $6
Pokemon Trozei - $7
The Rub Rabbits - $5

PSP:
Bust-a-Move Deluxe: - $6
Guilty Gear: Judgment - $9
Gunpey - $5

PS2:
Corvette - $1.50
Starsky & Hutch - $0.50

Total after all bonuses: 109.50

Paid for in full Persona 3, bought Hoshigami DS, and might be going back there in half an hour to get Mario Strikers Charged. All they had left were the pre-orders. :whistle2:(

Hmm... Kirby Canvas Curse gets $7 before bonus, so ~$12 after... I'd probably get $15 or so on eBay, less after fees. I suppose I might just have to go the EB route with that and Magical Starsign ($10 is about what eBay would get as well).

Is Edge stacking on top of the pre- or post-bonus?

[quote name='EXStrike']Pre-bonus.[/quote]I guess that's not too bad... $23.20 for the two, probably about what I would get on eBay (little bit more for Magical Starsign, little bit less for Kirby) without any work.

Though I do hate trading in my mint games to EB, just seems so wrong. I need to go there to pick up my Strikers preorder before I forget anyway.

anyone know if they will take ghost n goblins (psp) asian version. Will it ring up?

Do the games have to have the manual and or case?

[quote name='dpadilla4']anyone know if they will take ghost n goblins (psp) asian version. Will it ring up?

Do the games have to have the manual and or case?[/QUOTE]

I want to do the same, I have the cases and instuctions, but I want to keep the instructions and case since I know I'll be buying them back when I get some trade fodder. Mainly Wipeout Pure, Hot Shot Tennis, GG Judgement, and a couple more since I know I can get them cheaper then the trade in value, but I dont want to lose credit over it . Thanks.

[quote name='Jedi1979']one odd thing was i didnt receive the extra $5 on 1 game, yet i had 30 total and i cant figure out how it happened. The computer did it automatically as well[/quote]Not seeing the receipt, I don't know. But in theory it's possible that it gave the extra $10 to one game and nothing to the second, instead of $5 to both?

I just went to Gamestop just to get an estimate about how much my PSP and games would be traded in. After trying to sell the whole package for what I thought was a reasonable price with no takers. With the deal, they'd give me just $20 under what I want. It does help that I had 10 games.

So, in this case, trading in is actually a decent deal for me, usually I sell on ebay or trade on forums/goozex.

My best buy has like 12 Harvest Moons and a cashier that takes the coupons. (do your cashiers just crumple them and throw them away after scanning too?)

Mario Galaxy and Metroid (maybe even smash) are getting paid off this week, gentlemen.

[quote name='botticus']I guess that's not too bad... $23.20 for the two, probably about what I would get on eBay (little bit more for Magical Starsign, little bit less for Kirby) without any work.

Though I do hate trading in my mint games to EB, just seems so wrong. I need to go there to pick up my Strikers preorder before I forget anyway.[/quote]

I might do the same as you with those two games since it's easier than eBay.

I also need to get rid of Lost in Blue. Any idea what that's fetching, anyone?

[quote name='Rocko']I also need to get rid of Lost in Blue. Any idea what that's fetching, anyone?[/quote]C'mon Rocko, you should know to check the wiki.

a) you've been here long enough
b) io is always on top of updating the wiki
c) umm...

Lost in Blue - $9 - 7/31/07

[quote name='jer7583']My best buy has like 12 Harvest Moons and a cashier that takes the coupons. (do your cashiers just crumple them and throw them away after scanning too?)

Mario Galaxy and Metroid (maybe even smash) are getting paid off this week, gentlemen.[/quote]

lucky!!! thats 60 dollars just off of the deal...:applause:

Updated the wiki to this point...

So Pac-Man World Rally for PSP gets $10 before bonus? I haven't seen it in a while, but that is a Best Buy frontlane game. That makes it as good as HM (and much better than Gunpey). I wish I hadn't traded a few of those to Blockbuster for their useless credit (got $15 for it there)! I'd much rather have had the $16 in EB credit - or even the base value of $11 would have been worth it. I just assumed it would be, like, $4 at EB.

[quote name='guinaevere']C'mon Rocko, you should know to check the wiki.

c) umm...

Lost in Blue - $9 - 7/31/07[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the backup - and congrats on being a mod! Looks like it happened in the middle of the night here (Cheapy busy in Japan). I probably saw it before you did :lol:

So I went to check some stuff up earlier today, most of them already mentioned, and all I have to add is that Hoshigami is going for $10 (before bonus, so $10 - $15 - $16).

Do you guys remove the shrink wrap before trading games?

I'm about to go flip some rayman and asphalt urban. Will they accept multiple copies of the same game?

[quote name='Argive']Do you guys remove the shrink wrap before trading games?

I'm about to go flip some rayman and asphalt urban. Will they accept multiple copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. I think most people do remove the shrinkwrap.

[quote name='ther4p1st']So I went to check some stuff up earlier today, most of them already mentioned, and all I have to add is that Hoshigami is going for $10 (before bonus, so $10 - $15 - $16).[/QUOTE]

I might do this... I got Hoshigami for $20 a couple of weeks ago with the $5 coupon and I am not liking this game. Getting $15 back would be good.

I woulda gotten more, but my kmart wanted 19.99 for asphalt urban. Isnt that weak? I woulda cleaned up otherwise, cause they had three copies of it.

[quote name='jer7583'](do your cashiers just crumple them and throw them away after scanning too?)
[/quote]

Yep, when I've used the coupons, the cashiers typically just throw them in the trash (same w/ RZ certificates).

Well, I did my first flipping since the 3 for $10 promo at Gamestop.

I bought Harvest Moon (only copy) and Gunpey and used the expired coupon at Best Buy. The girl looked like she was reading the coupon but took them anyway. Total = $10.68

Went to the Gamestop in the mall across the street and the girl there said that they had to be for the same platform (both DS or both PSP, can't be mixed). So I went to a Gamestop a couple of miles down the road and the guy said the same thing - but he said he would try it. It worked. Total credit = $26.50.

Harvest Moon ($10) and Gunpey ($5) before bonuses.

Sweetness, Man you guys are great!

just scored Harvest Moon DS and Loco Roco for 10.84! they had several copies of gunpey and 1 more of harvest moon, the guy was a gamer he said "harvest moon for 10 bucks i m buying this."Going to stop buy later for 2 gunpeys and ssx blur. Thanks again guys

Harvest Moon = $10 + 5= 15
LocoRoco = $8 +5 = 13

[quote name='io']Thanks for the backup - and congrats on being a mod! Looks like it happened in the middle of the night here (Cheapy busy in Japan). I probably saw it before you did :lol:[/quote]You're welcome and Thank you! And I'm sure you did see it before me, I logged on, saw some PMs about it... imagine my surprize. ;)

[quote name='Argive']Do you guys remove the shrink wrap before trading games?[/quote]I always find out first if the trade is for the value I'm expecting or valid for the deal I'm interested in.

[quote name='guinaevere']C'mon Rocko, you should know to check the wiki.

c) umm...

Lost in Blue - $9 - 7/31/07[/quote]
When I checked last night, it said $12 and was updated since April. Not sure how I missed it if it was updated a day before I checked. Thanks for the tip, though.

I'll hold onto it, since it's fetching more on eBay.

Looks like Kirby is fetching mroe than I can get for this deal as well on eBay... I might have to go back with Magical Starsign and Point Blank DS, though, as this deal makes those about equal to eBay value.

Hopefully I can use this credit I'm accumulating towards the PSP redesign.

I know this question has probably been asked somewhere in the previous 12 pages, but I didn't see it in the last several posts or in the original page as well:

Will this deal work with 1 psp game + 1 ds game = $10 bonus?

Or does it have to be 2 of the same system's games?

[quote name='EXStrike']Same system, I believe. I brought 7 DS and 3 PSP games, and I didn't get $5 extra for 1 PSP and 1 DS game.[/quote]

Actually, you should be able to mix PSP and DS games. I did and had no problem getting the extra credit.

Hmm. Looks like Zoo Keeper and Metroid Prime Hunters are better off on eBay than here, but MEtroid Prime Pinball (I'm assuming EB takes game only?) and Nanostray are better at EB/GS.

I guess that'll be four more games to trade off there.

[quote name='Strell']There any DS exclusions outside of Ping Pals/Sprung?

/late to party[/quote]

That's all I've been hearing about. I traded in 8 games at the beginning that were real shit-fests (top spin Ds, world poker DS, feel the magic [not shitty, but old]) and none were excluded. My manager didn't know about the deal, though, and told me if there were exclusions the computer would tell him.

So anyway, I'm thinking no.

[quote name='Strell']There any DS exclusions outside of Ping Pals/Sprung?

/late to party[/QUOTE]

Strell, dude, I, like, never see you in trade-in deal forums! Welcome to the party. If you had been in on the trade 2 Wii game deal maybe you'd be playing Strikers now with the rest of us ;).

So, anyway, use this one to build up your credit for the rest of the Fall Wii releases. If you don't get Metroid upon release I WILL KILL YOU!

Yes, looks so far that Ping Pals/Sprung is it. I actually don't have that much to bring in for this deal, though I do have another Harvest Moon sitting around somewhere. I have a personal copy of Pac-Man World Rally for PSP that I'll probably never play. I probably ought to get $16 for that while I can (only paid $5 for it to begin with).

bread's done
Back