Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='wubb']It's a standard list in matchmaking. I think it's under social. Four teams of 2 go at it.

Most of the other weird modes (like grifball) you have to setup a custom game and invite in friends.

Oh wait unless by where you mean which map? I think it's playable on many of the standard maps. I've played on Sandtrap and Rat's Nest so far.[/quote]

I see...I guess I gotta try the Social playlist...I tent to stick to Doubles, Team Slayer, or Big Team Ranked. As far as customs...I can't see myself ever starting a game and inviting a buttload of people or being around when someone does, so I guess it aint happening.

I meant...gametype...thanks.

I've been playing mostly social lately for some reason. It seems like I get paired up a lot with all people higher rank than me but it's probably just human nature to feel like this is happening.

Social skirmish can be a lot of fun if you get matched with people who have a clue and are trying. It can be so frustrating if you get paired up with people who either don't know what to do or don't care to do it. I'm pretty sure a group of friends who are working together (i.e. you talk about who should go for which area in Land grab or territories) could clean up on that list.

I always :whistle2:k when I notice somebody on a Social Skirmish list with a high skill of 1 and only a few matches played total. Why aren't you starting out in Rumble Pit or Social Slayer for your first matches?

After playing CoD4 for awhile I sure suck a lot more at this game. You'd think CoD4 would speed up your reactions in Halo but it actually slows them down (i.e. I take way longer to aim for the head, turn around, fire, etc.) I wouldn't mind having someone to play team doubles with though...I'm level uhh...I think 42-44 (Highest lvl is 45 in team slayer)...so anyone around there...

[quote name='dastly75']Played some more MLG games tonight. My friend Kaz who hadn't played in awhile but I used to play Halo2 with was noticeably better.

We also ran into two Bungie fellows in a game. They had flaming heads and everything. It was a close game, we lost 48-50 in Team Slayer on MLG Narrows. If you haven't seen the flaming heads, I put the film up on my file share here.[/quote]
Tag for the weekend.

Here's a tip that might be obvious to most of you but it took me a while to figure out. If you realize you've been stuck with a grenade and are close to the sticker stay right up on them and you'll simply trade kills.

Also which is more satisfying: Seeing a dude get whacked while he corpse humps you or offing that same dude while he's corpse humping somebody else later in the match? I had the pleasure of both in a match yesterday. :D

[quote name='wubb']

Also which is more satisfying: Seeing a dude get whacked while he corpse humps you or offing that same dude while he's corpse humping somebody else later in the match? I had the pleasure of both in a match yesterday. :D[/quote]

This is the only thing that SOMETIMES plain ticks me off in Halo...when people do this. It usually makes me mad for some reason and generally when I take em out I'll just sit there and shoot/bash him, other times I'll send him a PM with smacktalk, and other times I won't care lol. Don't know why people do that...it's really sad that there are so many perverts/losers/druggies who play online games like Halo3 and CoD4 (cause...generally people who do crap like that are the ones being tards on the mic...).

Usually I won't care though...depends if I'm in a high strung mood or not I suppose. I guess in the end it comes with the territory lol

arg im stuck at 27-28 on team slayer. Anybody want to help me get 30? I usually at least break even. Message me at my tag if ur on

[quote name='Spades22']After playing CoD4 for awhile I sure suck a lot more at this game. You'd think CoD4 would speed up your reactions in Halo but it actually slows them down (i.e. I take way longer to aim for the head, turn around, fire, etc.) I wouldn't mind having someone to play team doubles with though...I'm level uhh...I think 42-44 (Highest lvl is 45 in team slayer)...so anyone around there...[/quote]

Add me if you are looking to play some Team Doubles. I have been trying to get back into some Halo 3 again after alot of CoD4.

[quote name='Spades22']This is the only thing that SOMETIMES plain ticks me off in Halo...when people do this. It usually makes me mad for some reason and generally when I take em out I'll just sit there and shoot/bash him, other times I'll send him a PM with smacktalk, and other times I won't care lol. Don't know why people do that...it's really sad that there are so many perverts/losers/druggies who play online games like Halo3 and CoD4 (cause...generally people who do crap like that are the ones being tards on the mic...).

Usually I won't care though...depends if I'm in a high strung mood or not I suppose. I guess in the end it comes with the territory lol[/QUOTE]

I think many of them do it precisely to piss you off so if you let them see it's working (by bashing his dead body later or sending him messages) you're really just giving him what he wants. The most I'll do is say something if the guy is corpse humping me in a ridiculous situation. For example if it's oddball and somebody kills me across the map from the ball and crorpse humps I might say "Oh that's nice, go for the ball dummie."

But frankly pausing over a recently killed opponent is only hurting their game so let em do it.

[quote name='Spades22']After playing CoD4 for awhile I sure suck a lot more at this game. You'd think CoD4 would speed up your reactions in Halo but it actually slows them down (i.e. I take way longer to aim for the head, turn around, fire, etc.) I wouldn't mind having someone to play team doubles with though...I'm level uhh...I think 42-44 (Highest lvl is 45 in team slayer)...so anyone around there...[/QUOTE]

Add me as well. I'm around a 42 in lone wolves and most of my stuff is in the upper 30s. My girlfriend is out of town for the weekend so it is game on.

[quote name='wubb']I think many of them do it precisely to piss you off so if you let them see it's working (by bashing his dead body later or sending him messages) you're really just giving him what he wants. The most I'll do is say something if the guy is corpse humping me in a ridiculous situation. For example if it's oddball and somebody kills me across the map from the ball and crorpse humps I might say "Oh that's nice, go for the ball dummie."

But frankly pausing over a recently killed opponent is only hurting their game so let em do it.[/quote]

I find it hilarious. It's just a game - lighten up.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']I find it hilarious. It's just a game - lighten up.[/quote]

It is just a game which is why I often don't care...like i said...unless I'm in a "high strung" mood or whatever. But clearly those who do that kind of thing definitely aren't the most classy group of gamers, which can be determined further after hearing them on the mic...that much at least should be obvious.

And the strange this is some of them do it every time...in the end it's just kind of ignorant. But, I mean, I guess anyone who does it themselves would find it hilarious either way. And, no offense, but with a name like yours I'd expect nothing less :p. I mean, its only those who do it EVERY TIME that tend to make me a bit mad...whats the point? Just play...since it is a game...and normally people PLAY games.

[quote name='Spades22']It is just a game which is why I often don't care...like i said...unless I'm in a "high strung" mood or whatever. But clearly those who do that kind of thing definitely aren't the most classy group of gamers, which can be determined further after hearing them on the mic...that much at least should be obvious.

And the strange this is some of them do it every time...in the end it's just kind of ignorant. But, I mean, I guess anyone who does it themselves would find it hilarious either way. And, no offense, but with a name like yours I'd expect nothing less :p. I mean, its only those who do it EVERY TIME that tend to make me a bit mad...whats the point? Just play...since it is a game...and normally people PLAY games.[/quote]

I'm a pleasure to play with on xbox live. I'm in my mid 20's and don't talk crap. Squatting up and down on somebody's dead virtual body doesn't really mean anything, and it's pretty funny when you're doing well enough to do it to someone else. I see no connection between crouching up and down on someone and the level of class that person has.

EDIT: Also, what does my screen name on this message board have to do with anything? Are you in the habit of drawing conclusions about people in real life as well?

[quote name='Danil ACE']maps look good, but bungie isn't very good at making trailers[/quote]

What do you mean? The Halo 2 and 3 trailers were amazing.

[quote name='wubb']I think many of them do it precisely to piss you off so if you let them see it's working (by bashing his dead body later or sending him messages) you're really just giving him what he wants. The most I'll do is say something if the guy is corpse humping me in a ridiculous situation. For example if it's oddball and somebody kills me across the map from the ball and crorpse humps I might say "Oh that's nice, go for the ball dummie."

But frankly pausing over a recently killed opponent is only hurting their game so let em do it.[/quote]

I find it hilarious. It's just a game - lighten up.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']I find it hilarious. It's just a game - lighten up.[/quote]

It is just a game which is why I often don't care...like i said...unless I'm in a "high strung" mood or whatever. But clearly those who do that kind of thing definitely aren't the most classy group of gamers, which can be determined further after hearing them on the mic...that much at least should be obvious.

And the strange this is some of them do it every time...in the end it's just kind of ignorant. But, I mean, I guess anyone who does it themselves would find it hilarious either way. And, no offense, but with a name like yours I'd expect nothing less :p. I mean, its only those who do it EVERY TIME that tend to make me a bit mad...whats the point? Just play...since it is a game...and normally people PLAY games.

[quote name='Spades22']It is just a game which is why I often don't care...like i said...unless I'm in a "high strung" mood or whatever. But clearly those who do that kind of thing definitely aren't the most classy group of gamers, which can be determined further after hearing them on the mic...that much at least should be obvious.

And the strange this is some of them do it every time...in the end it's just kind of ignorant. But, I mean, I guess anyone who does it themselves would find it hilarious either way. And, no offense, but with a name like yours I'd expect nothing less :p. I mean, its only those who do it EVERY TIME that tend to make me a bit mad...whats the point? Just play...since it is a game...and normally people PLAY games.[/quote]

I'm a pleasure to play with on xbox live. I'm in my mid 20's and don't talk crap. Squatting up and down on somebody's dead virtual body doesn't really mean anything, and it's pretty funny when you're doing well enough to do it to someone else. I see no connection between crouching up and down on someone and the level of class that person has.

EDIT: Also, what does my screen name on this message board have to do with anything? Are you in the habit of drawing conclusions about people in real life as well?

[quote name='Danil ACE']maps look good, but bungie isn't very good at making trailers[/quote]

What do you mean? The Halo 2 and 3 trailers were amazing.

[quote name='dastly75']Griffball playlist is back up for the weekend. Never played griffball before, gonna try it out now.[/quote]

grifball is amazing im addicted :lol:

First time playing Grifball and it's absolutely fun. The only thing that bothers me about Grifball is that people keep betraying me all the damn time :bomb:.

By any chance did they mention if the Legendary pack will be free in the future (like the Heroic Map)?

If anyone wants to set up a time Saturday or Sunday and get some Grifball games going on a team of four CAGs, I'll join up. I'll be home most of the day those days since I have quite a bit of house work to do. Just so long as it doesn't conflict with the CAG Grifball team practice times (10EST but may start earlier one of those days at 9EST).

[quote name='KiLL3r']First time playing Grifball and it's absolutely fun. The only thing that bothers me about Grifball is that people keep betraying me all the damn time :bomb:. [/quote]

Even on an organized team you still get betrayals. Though since you're going in with randoms, a big key to help you stop getting betrayed is watch where your team is on the radar. Most people don't pay attention to it and only care about what's on their screen in front of them.

[quote name='KiLL3r']By any chance did they mention if the Legendary pack will be free in the future (like the Heroic Map)?[/quote]

It most likely will turn free eventually.

[quote name='dastly75']Griffball playlist is back up for the weekend. Never played griffball before, gonna try it out now.[/quote]

grifball is amazing im addicted :lol:

First time playing Grifball and it's absolutely fun. The only thing that bothers me about Grifball is that people keep betraying me all the damn time :bomb:.

By any chance did they mention if the Legendary pack will be free in the future (like the Heroic Map)?

If anyone wants to set up a time Saturday or Sunday and get some Grifball games going on a team of four CAGs, I'll join up. I'll be home most of the day those days since I have quite a bit of house work to do. Just so long as it doesn't conflict with the CAG Grifball team practice times (10EST but may start earlier one of those days at 9EST).

[quote name='KiLL3r']First time playing Grifball and it's absolutely fun. The only thing that bothers me about Grifball is that people keep betraying me all the damn time :bomb:. [/quote]

Even on an organized team you still get betrayals. Though since you're going in with randoms, a big key to help you stop getting betrayed is watch where your team is on the radar. Most people don't pay attention to it and only care about what's on their screen in front of them.

[quote name='KiLL3r']By any chance did they mention if the Legendary pack will be free in the future (like the Heroic Map)?[/quote]

It most likely will turn free eventually.

I enjoyed my first two games of Grifball but after that I got tired and irritated of it. It seems to always play out similarly and I'm not a fan of the spawn chaos that happens when you have enemies behind you or the ball carrier running from some direction before you have time to react properly.

MLG is fun if interspersed with some big team battle matches to break up the intensity. The MLG games where you get raped are not very fun :whistle2:|.

[quote name='KiLL3r']First time playing Grifball and it's absolutely fun. The only thing that bothers me about Grifball is that people keep betraying me all the damn time :bomb:.
[/QUOTE]

So you are playing the list on your own and it's working out fine? I'll probably hop on by myself later today but was wondering if it would be a disaster of people not getting what was going on. I guess the main goal of the mode is pretty intuitive.;

And yeah if anyone sees me on and wants to do some grifball send me an invite.

I'll finally get to check out Griffball this weekend:
Did you catch the fever in last month's Grifball playlist? Grifball returns for another Double EXP weekend, to further fill up your Social Medal Chest with legions of Hammer kills, Killamanjaros and whatever that other medal is that is nigh impossible without the insanity of Grifball. The playlist is live now and will vanish Monday morning at 2 a.m. PDT.
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=13470

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']Grifball is a blast. I wish they'd make the playlist permanent. It makes for a great break from the typical gametypes.[/quote]

Same.

[quote name='jakehoss']Linkin, Ya the figures were released last wed. i think. I have cortana as well maybe ill snap one of her tonight and post it.[/QUOTE]

So despite that it is advertised on the package, the press pictures show him with one, and it is included in the item description on places like Amazon, etc, McFarlane's Series 1 Halo Master Chief does not come with a grenade. At first I thought it was just mine, then I noticed all the other ones I saw at stores did not have it either. So I emailed McFarlane toys...below is my email and their reply. It kind of bugs me, but at the same time, what can they really do??

MY EMAIL:
To: McFarlane Toys
Subject: No Grenade Included w/Master Chief Toy

I recently purchased a Master Chief figure from Amazon and found, despite a grenade advertised on both Amazon's site and on the actual box the figure is packaged in, no grenade was included with the figure. I have examined several other figures in their boxes at other stores as well, and did not see the advertised grenade included in any of them. I believe the boxes continue to advertise Master Chief comes with a grenade, however, no grenade is included. I would like to receive my grenade, as I feel it plays an important role in completing the figure. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

THE REPLY:
Thank you for your email and recent purchase of the Halo Master Chief. We currently do not have any grenades available. This information has been forwarded to our manufacturing department and we are hoping to get a resolution to this problem.

Although grenades may be listed, none of the Series 1 Master Chief figures came with a grenade. Further examination revealed it was an inadvertent packaging error.

Sorry we are unable to fulfill your request for grenades.

For future series - A grenade will be added to master chief.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing McFarlane Toys.

Sincerely,

McFarlane Toys Customer Service

Grifball is aweeeeeesome...SO FUN! The first few games I played yesterday were ok...but nothing super fun.

Today though I met a few cool guys and we went 7-0 from the games we played...and I had such a sweet match where I got a killionaire/running riot and was like +30 in the K/D. (I'll definitely save this vid :p)
Hopefully I can play with them again...grifball owns so bad when you have people who know what they're doing and can communicate on the mic. It does get irritating though if you go in with randoms due to the fact that sometimes you'll get tkers for the ball and stuff like that...where as people are much more careful with their swings if you party up.

The Bungie Weekly Update is up:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13475

I didn't get to read it all, but this is pretty cool:

Forge Filters

So I could place "Gloomy" on Avalanche in Forge, save it as Lukealanche and then when you play Lukealanche it will have the gloomy effect during actual gameplay. These are not post processing effects, they are applied live, in real time to the game you're playing.

normal.jpg

Normal screenshot. Default. Basic.

gloomy.jpg

Screen effect: Gloomy

juicy.jpg

Screen effect: Juicy

old_timey.jpg

Screen effect: Old Timey

pen_ink.jpg

Screen effect: Pen & Ink

nova.jpg

Screen effect: Nova

colorblind.jpg

Screen effect: Colorblind

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah I read about that. That seems awesome, I just wish they could retroactively add that stuff to older map Forge capabilities.[/quote]

Yea, it would have been nice, but its better than nothing. :lol:

Anyone wanna play MLG right now? I'm looking for non-crappy teammates (AKA Have a Mic and be at least +1) I'm only a level 3 in MLG however, but 45 in TS.

The grifball list is fantastic for getting those nutty streak medals. Got up to a Killapocalypse, but the Killionaire eludes me.

Tried grifball on a whim today. God, it was terrible. It's like they thought of the most unfun gametype possible. It's worse than SWAT. I never thought I'd say that. It's like H3's numbers were disappointing so they had to throw in the gametypes that nobody but casual people play because they all suck so much at the game itself.

On another note, I played Halo 2 today for the first time in a while. There's alot less people playing, along with more quitters than there used to be, but it's so much better than H3. I wish people still wanted to play H2. Better maps, gameplay, pretty much everything.

i wish grifball didnt count towards your social stats, i dont want the hammer to be my #1 weapon and fake killamanjaros on everyones stats.

it pretty fun though once in a while at least

bread's done
Back