Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Master Ninja']Is no one else boycotting ODST for omitting the Battle Riffle it makes no sense to leave it out.[/QUOTE]

stupidest reason ever

[quote name='Master Ninja']Is no one else boycotting ODST for omitting the Battle Riffle it makes no sense to leave it out.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed ODST more without the battle riffle.

*boots up Halo 3*

Oh crap, not Team BRS again! Veto!

Please?

Doh!

As for beating Legendary on your own? Well just plug in a second controller and hide the second controllers character somewhere. Takes a awhile to beat legendary but at least that way you can have infinite respawns.

But the best way obviously is to go 4 player co-op on Legendary. You'll blow through this game faster then Halo 3 from what I've heard.

If anyone wants to play firefight or the campaign on Legendary, let me know. I'm also interested in getting the vidmasters.

man i bought this game to play the campaign and then trade it. (amazon's deal was too good to pass up) and my friend got me to try the multi-player (never was a fan of it) and now i think i have to keep it. even though i always loose, it is still fun. plus with all the map variants and extra games (jenga rules, ghostbusters seems like it could be fun) it add's alot of value imo. its a shame i couldnt play multiplayer on my copy of halo 3 sooner. (my disc is cracked, have to have it installed to the hard drive. hurts the multiplayer load times too bad) i still havnt played the odst campaign all the way through lol.

I just finished the Halo 3: ODST campaign on normal. It was fun and not too long. I really don't know any of the Halo storyline because I've only ever played Halo 2, and that was just for multiplayer. If amazon didn't have the deal they had I probably wouldn't have purchased it. Firefight seems very fun, waiting on my Xbox Live card from amazon so I can play with some friends. And as a CAG I really like getting a disc with all the dlc maps on it. :)

[quote name='Swoxx']Anyone know if Bungie plans to adress the horrible fps drops when playing firefight?[/QUOTE]

It gotten better since the release but it still pops up once in awhile. Bungie needs to address it.

[quote name='Booyabobby']It gotten better since the release but it still pops up once in awhile. Bungie needs to address it.[/QUOTE]

no, it hasnt...was playing earlier with a few cags and it was almost unbearable at times

I haven't seen any significant FPS drops, but I have seen stuttering and slowdown. That seems to happen with a bad connection, and one bad connection in the party slows down the game for everyone.

[quote name='CokeCola']I haven't seen any significant FPS drops, but I have seen stuttering and slowdown.[/QUOTE]

facepalmja.jpg

[quote name='CokeCola']I haven't seen any significant FPS drops, but I have seen stuttering and slowdown.[/QUOTE]

Quote of the year! Nothing can top this!

They're not the same thing, at least in this case. The frame rate is fine, but the game pauses. It's still running at 30 FPS, it's just waiting for the network connection to catch up. I'm saying it's clearly not an issue with too much action on screen, but to too much strain on the network.

Of course, this being the Internet, you could just assume I'm the idiot.

Probably gonna pick it up wed, mostly at the request of a friend. I have a hard time getting myself to pay $60 for this instead of Brutal Legend (will eventually get it after price drop i guess), but I just really need a new game until MW2. I loved the Halo series, but this seemed too much like Halo 3. Is the campaign and firefight mode really worth it? The maps are, because I never payed for any of them thus far.

I finally finished Vidmaster: Endure and got my Recon armor. It took about two hours. Ya know, when you have a method and all four people get into a rhythm, it's not hard. We had well over 30 lives left when we started set 5. We just decided to go hard charging and head into the battle head on. Lasted almost to set 6. Lots of fun.

Except for the FPS lag, any of you guys experiencing controller lag? my left stick is constantly half a second behind my actual inputs, only the left stick though, i know Cheapy mentioned it but it's really wierd.

[quote name='KiloMeda']Probably gonna pick it up wed, mostly at the request of a friend. I have a hard time getting myself to pay $60 for this instead of Brutal Legend (will eventually get it after price drop i guess), but I just really need a new game until MW2. I loved the Halo series, but this seemed too much like Halo 3. Is the campaign and firefight mode really worth it? The maps are, because I never payed for any of them thus far.[/QUOTE]

Campaign is pretty short. Took me about 6 hours to complete on normal. I like the story. Plus there also a side story through the audio files. I love firefight it addicting. You can also do co-op on campaign. With ECA discount, you can get it for $48.

I have no problem with the length. I'm playing solo Legendary the first time through and it's taking some time. I'm probably over the 6 hour mark already and am only halfway through Data Hive. I figure I'll knock it down to easy/normal to hunt for the audio logs I missed and achievements the second time through.

People that are finishing under 6 hours need to bump up the difficulty.

How many audio logs are there anyway? I think I'm sitting at 9 or 10 so far.

I recently finished the campaign on Legendary on my own and I'd say it took me about 12 hours or so. Also I didn't do much exploration looking for the audio logs either but I do feel that Halo 3s campaign was much harder than ODSTs on Legendary well at least the enemies did seem tougher to kill in H3. I just went back to get all 30 audio logs.

[quote name='Corvin']How many audio logs are there anyway? I think I'm sitting at 9 or 10 so far.[/QUOTE]

There are 30 Audio Logs without giving any specifics away.

[quote name='Draekon']There are 30 Audio Logs without giving any specifics away.[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone is getting all 30 audio logs without specifics and a map.

Also, ODST with you and Syn tonight?

~HotShotX

I am going to be up all night tonight. Prolly spend half the night on Uncharted 2 Demo and the other half on ODST. I am down for whatever tonight.

[quote name='HotShotX']I doubt anyone is getting all 30 audio logs without specifics and a map.

Also, ODST with you and Syn tonight?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I don't have ODST...grrrr!

[quote name='Swoxx']Except for the FPS lag, any of you guys experiencing controller lag? my left stick is constantly half a second behind my actual inputs, only the left stick though, i know Cheapy mentioned it but it's really wierd.[/QUOTE]

It happened once to me, but it shifted between that and the pausing other people were talking about. Definitely wasn't my connection though, make sure the people you play with have a good connection.

[quote name='Doomed']Any printable (B&W) maps for the audio logs?[/QUOTE]

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations

Halo 3: ODST - Audio Log Locations Map

The 30th Audio Log - Audiophile Achievement

To find the 30th audio log, you must first collect the other 29. Once you collect all 30 audio logs, you will get the Audiophile Achievement for 75G.

Audio Log #1
Audio Log #2
Audio Log #3
Audio Log #4
Audio Log #5
Audio Log #6
Audio Log #7
Audio Log #8
Audio Log #9
Audio Log #10
Audio Log #11
Audio Log #12
Audio Log #13
Audio Log #14
Audio Log #15
Audio Log #16
Audio Log #17
Audio Log #18
Audio Log #19
Audio Log #20
Audio Log #21
Audio Log #22
Audio Log #23
Audio Log #24
Audio Log #25
Audio Log #26
Audio Log #27
Audio Log #28
Audio Log #29
Audio Log #30

If anyone plans on going through the Campaign mode tonight co-op (the more the merrier), I'll be available for the entire night (Eastern time). I have only got past the first 3 levels.

Anyone want to play Firefight with me right now/tonight? Just got back from a week long honeymoon and I need to play some. Just send me a friend request.

[quote name='Foxtrot0245']Anyone want to play Firefight with me right now/tonight? Just got back from a week long honeymoon and I need to play some. Just send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]

this is not a sign of a strong marriage. Just got back from honeymoon and #1 priority is Xbox Live.

[quote name='Foxtrot0245']Anyone want to play Firefight with me right now/tonight? Just got back from a week long honeymoon and I need to play some. Just send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, want to have your first official "wife bitching at you for playing video games" session?

j/k

i'll be up all night too...lets all friend up

[quote name='Doomed']Thanks for that, but I already found that. I want one that is printable in black and white, (check) easy to read in black and white (nope) and doesn't waste ink on a mostly black map. (uh-oh)[/QUOTE]

I took the image above and inverted the colors and fiddled with the levels a bit in photoshop. I also shrunk it down to make it easily printable. It ain't pretty, but it should work. I printed a test page and it looks fine.

ODST_Logs-1.jpg

[quote name='HotShotX']I'm up for Naughty Naughty and a Vidmaster tonight.

Wow. That sounded more awkward than I expected.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I can help out with the first one, and maybe part of Vidmaster: Classic (I still haven't completed my Campaign yet so I want to do that first, including all of the Audio logs). Endure...maybe another time, because that's a hard one to get.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can help out with the first one, and maybe part of Vidmaster: Classic (I still haven't completed my Campaign yet so I want to do that first, including all of the Audio logs). Endure...maybe another time, because that's a hard one to get.[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified, I need the Vidmaster where we complete the last level on Legendary, 4 man co-op, with Iron.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I should have clarified, I need the Vidmaster where we complete the last level on Legendary, 4 man co-op, with Iron.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Depending on the time I'd be up for that one. I also need Endure (already got Classic), but I can wait to do that one a different time.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Depending on the time I'd be up for that one. I also need Endure (already got Classic), but I can wait to do that one a different time.[/QUOTE]

How about 9pm-ish EST?

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']How about 9pm-ish EST?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I will join you two if that is OK. I will jump on at 9. Just send me an invite.

That was a blast. Now all I need is Endure to finish off the Vidmasters for ODST. Unfortunately, I still need to do a couple in Halo 3. Gonna have to do another run like tonight but with Ghosts in Halo 3 one of these days so that I can get that Vidmaster as well.

I have a quick question for Halo3 ODST. My friend and I like to play co-op games together. We played through Halo 1, 2, 3, Gears of War 1, 2, Army of two, etc. We like playing the campaigns but since only he has the 360 and no XBL we always play split screen co-op.

Forgive me for not going through all 25 pages in this thread but is there a split screen co-op campaign in ODST? I can't tell exactly if co-op is Firefight mode only, or also if it is XBL based only or split screen.

Thanks

Ruahrc

[quote name='YodaEXE']That was a blast. Now all I need is Endure to finish off the Vidmasters for ODST. Unfortunately, I still need to do a couple in Halo 3. Gonna have to do another run like tonight but with Ghosts in Halo 3 one of these days so that I can get that Vidmaster as well.[/QUOTE]

I also had fun. Thanks guys! We will have to go out for Endure.

As for the Halo 3 Ghost run, I also haven't done that so let me know if you decide you want to go for it.

[quote name='lordopus99']I also had fun. Thanks guys! We will have to go out for Endure.

As for the Halo 3 Ghost run, I also haven't done that so let me know if you decide you want to go for it.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking most likely next weekend I'm going to try and do one or the other, so I'll definitely let you know what I plan.

[quote name='Ruahrc']I have a quick question for Halo3 ODST. My friend and I like to play co-op games together. We played through Halo 1, 2, 3, Gears of War 1, 2, Army of two, etc. We like playing the campaigns but since only he has the 360 and no XBL we always play split screen co-op.

Forgive me for not going through all 25 pages in this thread but is there a split screen co-op campaign in ODST? I can't tell exactly if co-op is Firefight mode only, or also if it is XBL based only or split screen.

Thanks

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]
You can split-screen Co-op Campaign and Firefight. So no worries.

Had a really awesome game of Firefight last night with my buds. Got over 300,000 points and an Achievement to boot.

bread's done
Back