I need my own CAG show OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wubb']yeah I figured GTA would take the top spot. But that's no biggie. GTA is just a flash in the pan.

Seriously though I think COD4 and Halo 3 fighting for the top spot is good for fans of both games.[/quote]

No. :) It's only good for fans of GTA4 and COD4. And, notice, pengy, that (a) both games are the 4th installment and (b), with the number of people playing GTA4, COD4 still beat Halo 3.

All my Pepsi stuff has been delivered except for the CD case which has been backordered.

Also, my Pepsi towel was stolen/taken accidently.
Better that than a DVD though.

Well GTA4 probably took players proportionally from both COD4 and Halo 3.

And I don't know has COD4 been on top every week for awhile?

I know bungie wants the top spot and that leads to them doing things like a double XP list every weekend and trying to change up the standard hoppers to keep the most people possible happy (see adding Team SWAT last week) All that stuff is great in my book.

My guess is they'd like to have offered the Lengendary map packs for free or cheap but I think MS forces the $10 price tag on them.

I am playing on Halo 3 with some guy kinda know who is from Scotland, and half the time I can't understand what he is saying... lol

I also think COD4's level up aspect to their MP keeps people plugged into playing that game and probably 'sticks' people to playing it longer as opposed to switching to something new. That was very smart.

Bottom line I want to be able to find a game on XBL reasonably fast and that means there needs to be enough people on it at any time for that to happen. Halo 3 still fits that bill and probably will for the life of the 360. Whether or not I'll play Halo 3 for the life of the 360 I don't know. I'll probably switch to something new eventually. Some dev simply needs to make a game that's better.

I'm still waiting on 5 or so things to even ship, though I should be getting a ton today. I think my girlfriend still has 4 or 5 that need to ship too.

Halo 3 discussion always makes me want to break it out...and then I get distracted by other things. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the current distraction with Universe At War & GTA IV waiting on the backlog.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm still waiting on 5 or so things to even ship, though I should be getting a ton today. I think my girlfriend still has 4 or 5 that need to ship too.[/QUOTE]

I think everything's shipped for me, but I haven't been paying close attention. One of my boxes came and was already open, but the contents (Home Movies Season One) were still sealed and it looked fine beyond the box being in crappy shape.

We've got an extra couch in our living room right now (one that would usually be in my apartment back at college), and it's covered in Amazon packages. Haven't actually opened anything yet because my parents are convinced Pepsi is going to come and arrest us all, but those chicken sandwiches are tempting...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I think everything's shipped for me, but I haven't been paying close attention. One of my boxes came and was already open, but the contents (Home Movies Season One) were still sealed and it looked fine beyond the box being in crappy shape.

We've got an extra couch in our living room right now (one that would usually be in my apartment back at college), and it's covered in Amazon packages. Haven't actually opened anything yet because my parents are convinced Pepsi is going to come and arrest us all, but those chicken sandwiches are tempting...[/quote]

I've only received three of my packages so far, though that should change later. When I told my mum that I was getting 33 packages, and what they were, she thought it was pretty cool. I figure, if they want all this shit back, they can send boxes.

EDIT: Codes are back? Is this a new development?

[quote name='InuFaye']Dave when you crack open universe at war let me know.

We will do cross platform play.[/quote]
Will do. Looking forward to it.

I got a bunch of packages due in the office today.

But the mailwoman is like an hour late with the mail today.

I hope I'm not making her late...

:oops:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I've only received three of my packages so far, though that should change later. When I told my mum that I was getting 33 packages, and what they were, she thought it was pretty cool. I figure, if they want all this shit back, they can send boxes.

EDIT: Codes are back? Is this a new development?[/QUOTE]

It's been on and off, but it was working just fine last night.

I'm still ~700 short of the cap. I need to get a few hundred more later today, but I also need lunch. Free crap or food?

[quote name='manthing']I got a bunch of packages due in the office today.

But the mailwoman is like an hour late with the mail today.

I hope I'm not making her late...

:oops:[/QUOTE]

Yesterday, I had packages on top of our mailbox and on the ground below it. Today, he just drove into our driveway and parked there. :lol:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']It's been on and off, but it was working just fine last night.

I'm still ~700 short of the cap. I need to get a few hundred more later today, but I also need lunch. Free crap or food?[/quote]

Free crap. Food is never necessary. I hit the cap on my account, then bribed the missus with MXC to put 960 points on her account. Watched two Hellraiser movies while entering all those hundreds of codes.

Three items are left preparing and should ship tomorrow.

My Voltron S1 is a mystery.

And I think my 3 orders from other people shipped.

Now, to open these up.

[quote name='InuFaye']Noice.

We will have to play sometime.[/quote]
I haven't played an RTS multiplayer since Herzog Zwei :oops:

[quote name='zewone']:lol:[/QUOTE]

I know i'ts crazy right?

I found this interview with a COD4 dev.

"We intended for lying prone to be used only for recovery of health and then the player should switch to at least a crouch before shooting. We wanted to disable shooting from a prone position but we couldn't figure out how to work that into the code. We tried to sub contract bungie to figure that out for us but they laughed at us."

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Free crap. Food is never necessary. I hit the cap on my account, then bribed the missus with MXC to put 960 points on her account. Watched two Hellraiser movies while entering all those hundreds of codes.[/quote]
Why not just make a second account?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I think everything's shipped for me, but I haven't been paying close attention. One of my boxes came and was already open, but the contents (Home Movies Season One) were still sealed and it looked fine beyond the box being in crappy shape.

We've got an extra couch in our living room right now (one that would usually be in my apartment back at college), and it's covered in Amazon packages. Haven't actually opened anything yet because my parents are convinced Pepsi is going to come and arrest us all, but those chicken sandwiches are tempting...[/quote]

Home Movies is perhaps the most underrated entity of our generation. I own the complete series. So good, so good.

[quote name='InuFaye']Dave when you crack open universe at war let me know.

We will do cross platform play.[/quote]

Once again you just want to own me with your vaunted k/b scheme.

[quote name='dcfox']Why not just make a second account?[/quote]

This was easier. As soon as I said that two seasons of MXC were available, she wanted me to order them. Since my account was full, I just had her make one, then took advantage of it and ordered a few more things for myself.

Holy shit, the Voltron packaging is badass.

I'm going to be really, really disappointed if I don't get Voltron S1. You think it'll show up? It's on my orders page, and I did get to the order confirmation page, but I never got emails or the points taken...

[quote name='Rocko']Holy shit, the Voltron packaging is badass.

I'm going to be really, really disappointed if I don't get Voltron S1. You think it'll show up? It's on my orders page, and I did get to the order confirmation page, but I never got emails or the points taken...[/quote]

I don't think it'll show up. I had that glitch happen with some things, but to be safe I ordered them again. Only one of the two on my orders page has shipped, so your best bet is to just get 90 more points and re-order it.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']
Once again you just want to own me with your vaunted k/b scheme.[/quote]

Not True.

I have heard stories of people winning with a controller against a KB/M.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I don't think it'll show up. I had that glitch happen with some things, but to be safe I ordered them again. Only one of the two on my orders page has shipped, so your best bet is to just get 90 more points and re-order it.[/quote]

God damnit. I'm maxed out. :/

[quote name='Rocko']God damnit. I'm maxed out. :/[/quote]

Well, then you're probably screwed. Did you ever get any e-mail about it, or did it just show up only on the Pepsi page?

The last of it, and someone gave me back my Pepsi Towel!
Everything came up Budge!

2l9l82g.jpg

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']watcha got in those packages dullow?[/quote]
Full list. Don't mind my notes.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (CD)
60 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008- delivered

Revolver [UK] by The Beatles (CD)

The Bends by Radiohead (CD)
60 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008-- delivered

Favourite Worst Nightmare by Arctic Monkeys (CD)

OK Computer by Radiohead (CD)

Sony ICF-CD815 AM/FM Stereo CD Clock Radio with Dual Alarm (Electronics)
150 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008

Case Logic Nylon 336-Disc CD Wallet (Black) (Electronics)
145 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon (CD)

Strawberry Jam by Animal Collective (CD)
60 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008

Stop Making Sense by Bernie Worrell (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008- delivered

Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008-- delivered

Kingston Data Traveler 2 GB USB Drive (DTI/2GB) (Electronics)
75 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008- delivered

Sweet Movie (Criterion Collection) by Carole Laure (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008-in transit tuesday

Vengeance Is Mine - Criterion Collection by Ken Ogata (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008

Porco Rosso by Shûichirô Moriyama (DVD)

Whisper of the Heart by Youko Honna (DVD)

My Neighbor Totoro by Noriko Hidaka (DVD)

Howl's Moving Castle by Chieko Baisho (DVD)- delivered

Castle in the Sky by Richard Dysart (DVD)

The Cat Returns by Chizuru Ikewaki (DVD)

Kiki's Delivery Service by Lewis Arquette (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008-- delivered

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind by Sumi Shimamoto (DVD)

Triumph of the Will by Adolf Hitler (DVD)

Kicking & Screaming - Criterion Collection by Cara Buono (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008-in transit tuesday

M. Hulot's Holiday - Criterion Collection by Georges Adlin (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/2/2008

Hopscotch - Criterion Collection by George Baker (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008- delivered

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - Criterion Collection (2-Disc Special Edition) by Bill Murray
90 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008-delivered

Jean Renoir 3-Disc Collector's Edition (Whirlpool of Fate / Nana / Charleston Parade / La Marseillaise / The Doctor's Horrible Experiment / The Elusive Corporal) by Jean Renoir (DVD)

Pepsi-Cola 1970's Vintage Beach Towel, White (Apparel)
50 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008-delivered- missing......

Black Orpheus - Criterion Collection by Maria Alice (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008-- delivered

Brazil - The Criterion Collection - (Single Disc Editon) by Roger Ashton-Griffiths (DVD)

Fires on the Plain - Criterion Collection by Eiji Funakoshi (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008 - delivered

Burmese Harp - Criterion Collection by Rentaro Mikuni (DVD)
90 Pepsi Points, 5/1/2008- delivered

Walkabout - Criterion Collection by Jenny Agutter (DVD)

Le Samourai - Criterion Collection by Alain Delon (DVD) - delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back