Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']yes/no/maybe on Parasite Eve 3, Dissidia 2, and FF4 Complete?

I think it should be yes on the first two no on the third. Too many remakes of the same game makes me think it will not do well.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I think all of them will do relatively well for different reasons.

[quote name='Altanis']It's not B1G1 Free. Anyone expecting that is going to be disappointed.

Considering that Amazon, Target, and Toys R Us are offering $5 bonuses or less, anyone that expects Kmart to have a $35 deal is insane.[/QUOTE]

I guess I have egg on my face even though I agree with you, I misread the original post as Buy One Get One 50% Off (I have since edited it as such), which is something I think is plausible/would be incredibly nice for my situation, and it's something a number of CAGers have been suggesting.

Edit: It's almost 1 PST, where's the post? ;_;

[quote name='RySenkari']Hell, even $10 off would be tempting and I'd probably be in for it, considering my tax check is coming in soon. I just hope that 3DS and DS can trade back and forth, I'd love to trade Pokemon between Black and White, maybe use one to farm legendaries and the like.[/QUOTE]

My tax checks (federal + state) just came in yesterday, and I cashed them today. : D
I was originally expecting $10 worth of SYWR points for B + W, so I hope that's at least the floor for offers (which is plenty for me and the rest of us, I assume).

I'm pretty sure 3DS and DS would be able to trade, since I assume they run on similar networks, and it's supposed to be possible to trade over event Pokes like the Legendary Dogs/Celebi (though it's one-way between Gen IV + V, I believe).

Anyone know how long it takes to get gift cards sent to you by Josh ???

I was told on Feb. 7 that I'll get my gift card in 7-10 days and it hasn't arrived yet :(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That would technically work, Kmart does not accept open copies though just as a heads up.

You could also wait for the points to post and I'll honor the deal next week as well via gift card.[/QUOTE]

Well good thing I haven't opened my Bulletstorm yet. I just grabbed the last copy at my Local K-Mart >_>

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Anyone know how long it takes to get gift cards sent to you by Josh ???

I was told on Feb. 7 that I'll get my gift card in 7-10 days and it hasn't arrived yet :([/QUOTE]
Definitely should have arrived. Let me know if it is not there by Friday and I'll deactivate and expedite a new one.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Anyone know how long it takes to get gift cards sent to you by Josh ???

I was told on Feb. 7 that I'll get my gift card in 7-10 days and it hasn't arrived yet :([/QUOTE]

You may want to send a quick email to him to ask or it could be that with the switch to SYWR more gift cards have been required for corrections. Even 10 business days would have been yesterday though (counting President's day).

Have you been getting any phone calls from SHC? When I was waiting on a gift card that Josh was sending, an SHC representative called me to ask if I had received the card (which I did not for some reason), so they sent another and followed up via phone until I got it. It was much better customer service (in regards to follow-up) than I think I have experienced with any other retailer.

Edit: And Josh beats me to a response. Josh, thanks again for all that you do.

Josh, I'm going to echo jer7583's repeatedly-asked question:[quote name='jer7583']yes/no/maybe on Parasite Eve 3, Dissidia 2, and FF4 Complete?[/QUOTE] Also, do you have any plans to have Borderlands GotY on sale anytime soon? $19.99 is the sweet spot for me! :bouncy:

*waits with bated breath for the revelation of the P:B&W offers*

That is the exact same case as with me, and I have also contacted Josh. I just really hope to get it in time for the new Pokemon games. That gift card along with the $20 credit from Killzone 3 will be more than enough to get one of them for free. I'm really hoping there is a buy one get one half off for both of them. If there is, I will get both!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely should have arrived. Let me know if it is not there by Friday and I'll deactivate and expedite a new one.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Josh, I'll wait until friday. I thought I'd ask here instead of sending you an email because I know you get SO MANY OF THEM:fridge:

I was thinking about using it on Bulletstorm or Killzone 3 this week but with my backlog I'm glad it didn't come.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh wouldn't sending egift cards be quicker than mailing out physical gift cards for people that had issues getting their points?[/QUOTE]
But then you would only be able to use them online only. I rather use them in-store.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh wouldn't sending egift cards be quicker than mailing out physical gift cards for people that had issues getting their points?[/QUOTE]
But then you would only be able to use them online only. I rather use them in-store.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']What's up with these B1GO Half off Pokeomon rumors? That would be sick if it were true. Seems too good
though.[/QUOTE]

They're rumors.

There's no way it's true.

If by some chance it is then Best Buy ninjas will attack K-Marts and I'll buy a copy.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']But then you would only be able to use them online only. I rather use them in-store.[/QUOTE]
You can use them online or in store according to the website.

[quote name='hoofrog']There is no way Nintendo would let a Pokemon game be B1G1 50% off release day.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh maybe not, I could see them doing a spin-off pokemon game like Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Pinball or something of the sort be considered for a deal like that, but black and white? Ha, no.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You can use them online or in store according to the website.[/QUOTE]
That would be much easier and cheaper then sending them out through the mail. Why don't they do this?

[quote name='Troutyogurt']That would be much easier and cheaper then sending them out through the mail. Why don't they do this?[/QUOTE]
One of my CAG friends tried using their online giftcard in store- didn't work. So that's why.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I was originally expecting $10 worth of SYWR points for B + W, so I hope that's at least the floor for offers (which is plenty for me and the rest of us, I assume).[/QUOTE]
The original deal Josh wanted was $15 in SYWR points, not $10.
$10 is a great deal already. $15 was amazing.

[quote name='joeshmoe']They're rumors.
There's no way it's true.[/QUOTE]
There's also no way that Kmart would ever have been the first place most CAGs were willing to shop at ;).

[quote name='hoofrog']There is no way Nintendo would let a Pokemon game be B1G1 50% off release day.[/QUOTE]
There's a lot of things that I wouldn't expect Nintendo to do.

My guess is that it's going to be B1G1 50% off.
That's only $17.50 savings between 2 games, or $8.75 per game.
$8.75 savings per game is like getting each for $26.25.
That's not farfetched to ask for if Josh was going to offer $15 in SYWR points per copy.
Nintendo is limiting things to I'm sure somewhere in the $5-10 range, probably because they know the games will sell. If that's the case, the Kmart deal falls in that range.

[quote name='gotdott']ahh the suspense is killing me lol[/QUOTE]
The suspense is killing a lot of people I think. It's not killing me, though. I'm already committed to buying the games from Kmart, so it doesn't matter to me.

[quote name='randomdud']One of my CAG friends tried using their online giftcard in store- didn't work. So that's why.[/QUOTE]
That's a load of crap. Sears Co e-gift cards can be used in stores. I know, I've used them before. In fact, I used one when I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn. The employee just has to know how to punch it in.

Wouldnt care much either way, though 5-10$ would be pretty good, unless Toys R Us pulls another epic deal, chances are im gonna buy it here anyway.

...the perfect storm happened.

Went into K-Mart, all the new releases were stocked, an attendant walked up.. AND all of the clearance games had been pulled and set on their own special table in electronics with a sign saying $29.99 and under.

[quote name='Altanis']

That's a load of crap. Sears Co e-gift cards can be used in stores. I know, I've used them before. In fact, I used one when I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn. The employee just has to know how to punch it in.[/QUOTE]

Guess the employee my friend dealt with didn't know shit, then.

[quote name='62t']Personally I have no need for both games so $15 will be a lot more useful[/QUOTE]
Just curious but how exactly would you propose Josh giving a $15 deal with these? He can't do it with SYWR points, because the team refused to do it. He can't do coupons.

Aside from that, I think he's in a tough position to give a great deal on a game when no other company really has anything good going on.

[quote name='randomdud']Guess the employee my friend dealt with didn't know shit, then.[/QUOTE]
That's probably a good guess. Like I said, e-GCs can be used in store, since I've used them before.

[quote name='Vampjoe']Come on, please let this Pokemon deal be worth all the anticipation![/QUOTE]
I'm currently in a process discussion with some internal folks not about the offer but about user submitted content. As soon as I get clearance I'll post. It is the best deal on the market as it stands. It is not a SYWR deal.

Thanks again, got bulletstorm for $35 out of pocket while using SYWR points.

Honestly would not have given it a chance if it hadn't been ~$30. I'm still not desensitized to these kmart deals. Walking into the store day after release and getting new games for almost half price is so good.
These publishers should be happy Kmart is helping drive up their sales so much - have any said anything to that effect to you, SHC? Is Kmart inadvertently helping any devs get more copies sold?

[quote name='jer7583']Thanks again, got bulletstorm for $35 out of pocket while using SYWR points.

Honestly would not have given it a chance if it hadn't been ~$30. I'm still not desensitized to these kmart deals. Walking into the store day after release and getting new games for almost half price is so good.
These publishers should be happy Kmart is helping drive up their sales so much - have any said anything to that effect to you, SHC? Is Kmart inadvertently helping any devs get more copies sold?[/QUOTE]
We have literally gone from "who's" Kmart to a legitimate player in the market in less than a year. We grew our overall market share with every single publisher.

Regardless of the challenges still out there it is remarkable what has happened. My rep at EA has called it the biggest retailer turnaround he has seen.

This is in large part to all of you. I cannot underestimate the role CAG has played in spreading the word on the deals but also in public perception as well.

I know I tell everyone I can about the deals - most of them are kinda dumb and just trot into gamestop and pay their $60 with $5 down a month before.

Antiquated business model, that. I doubt gamestop cares. They don't make their money on new games anyway. It would seem like you'd be hurting their used sales cause why wait 2 weeks for someone to trade in a game and pay $55 for it used when kmart is basically offering it for $40 day of release, new, if you've been buying from them.. Guess it takes a while for people's bad habits to change.

Noob to KmartGamer here. The deals for DA2 and Homefront are the best I've seen, and I want in, especially since I just found out today that my local Sears changed to a Kmart (it's 2 minutes away!!).

I read the first page of posts, the FAQ, etc., please correct me if I'm wrong: I should sign up for Shop Your Way Rewards to get the points, the deals listed are obtainable in store (?), and when I buy the games I give them my SYWR # or something. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice. I signed up for SYWR in store and got my card right away. Also opted in for e-mails so I can get the bonus points.

On another note, I was mistaken; my local Sears did not convert to a Kmart (I thought it was strange when the lady told me over the phone that they did cuz I don't recall ever seeing a Kmart sign nearby). It was another Kmart that was on a similar street name, but located far away. Regardless, there's another Kmart I can drive to, and I think the deals are enticing enough for me to go since I can run errands up there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember to sign-up in store so that you get the card right away. I know I registered now exactly a year ago (happy anniversary to me :p) and got my card in the mail, since I wasn't going to Kmart for anything for a while.

Just have them scan your card (or give them your phone number, or card number, or email) and everything SHOULD work out.

Josh- I have to say, you're now what, 4 for 4 on SYWR points deals going awry? I lost count actually :p

Sign up in store because you'll get a card right away - then log onto the website and make sure you enable emails from sears/kmart/etc. (I just filtered them in my gmail to spam) You have to sign up for the emails to get bonus point offers.

Just give them your card to scan at the register like you do at best buy or the grocery store, then when you want to use your point balance you give them the card and tell them you want to use it. The reciept after every transaction prints your point balance.

that Homefront deal is insane, i wasn't expecting much (maybe 10,000 points) but 10,000 points and a 1600 point card?!?! That deal is just awesome...

[quote name='jer7583']I know I tell everyone I can about the deals - most of them are kinda dumb and just trot into gamestop and pay their $60 with $5 down a month before.

Antiquated business model, that. I doubt gamestop cares. They don't make their money on new games anyway. It would seem like you'd be hurting their used sales cause why wait 2 weeks for someone to trade in a game and pay $55 for it used when kmart is basically offering it for $40 day of release, new, if you've been buying from them.. Guess it takes a while for people's bad habits to change.[/QUOTE]

I gave up on my friends, I try to tell them about the deals and they still walk into gamestop and pay MSRP like retards.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We have literally gone from "who's" Kmart to a legitimate player in the market in less than a year. We grew our overall market share with every single publisher.

Regardless of the challenges still out there it is remarkable what has happened. My rep at EA has called it the biggest retailer turnaround he has seen.

This is in large part to all of you. I cannot underestimate the role CAG has played in spreading the word on the deals but also in public perception as well.[/QUOTE]

It is remarkable -- I would have never thought that any retailer (especially Kmart) would ever tear me away from Amazon for certain game purchases.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I gave up on my friends, I try to tell them about the deals and they still walk into gamestop and pay MSRP like retards.[/QUOTE]

Theres only 3 reasons i go to gamestop any more.

1. Gamestop only games or bonuses.
2. During awesome trade-in deals (Like this 50% one going on)
3. For Special/Collectors editions (Been screwed too many times at Best Buy and Walmart)

Other than that, Best Buy and K-Mart have been my new favorite stores lately.
Definately planning to buy Yakuza 4 here (For Yakuza 3 free, which i never got), maybe Homefront too.

[quote name='elessar123']Josh, maybe you should really consider implementing a preordering system, especially for CEs.[/QUOTE]

YES! or at least a hold system of some sort.

[quote name='elessar123']Josh, maybe you should really consider implementing a preordering system, especially for CEs.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. This is the next logical step in becoming a game retailing powerhouse.

Josh talked about having a site devoted to just buying games from Kmart. Once they get that up, I think that's when we will also see preoders.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We have literally gone from "who's" Kmart to a legitimate player in the market in less than a year. We grew our overall market share with every single publisher.

This is in large part to all of you. I cannot underestimate the role CAG has played in spreading the word on the deals but also in public perception as well.[/QUOTE]

Time for a raise huh Josh?!?!

I am gonna echo the 'telling everyone about Kmart and they still shop at GS" thing.
I ended up going with a coworker to GS on our lunch break yesterday so he could pick up Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. He preordered 3 more games while there.
Right before we went there though, I had him stop at Kmart so I could see if they had Bulletstorm out and clearance drops processed (that was a big 'no' on the clearance drops, I want Oblivion GOTY for $20, damnit!). I told him about the deals and he was just like, "Oh, that's a pretty good deal." And that was the end of it. On to GS to pay MSRP and get nothing back except the two games.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']On to GS to pay MSRP and get nothing back except the two games.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's a prestige thing. I know someone who always pre-orders from Gamestop. When I mention crazy deals at Kmart or elsewhere, it doesn't register to him that he can get in on them also.

edit: Maybe my friend doesn't realize these deals aren't like flukes, or whatever.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I am gonna echo the 'telling everyone about Kmart and they still shop at GS" thing.
I ended up going with a coworker to GS on our lunch break yesterday so he could pick up Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. He preordered 3 more games while there.
Right before we went there though, I had him stop at Kmart so I could see if they had Bulletstorm out and clearance drops processed (that was a big 'no' on the clearance drops, I want Oblivion GOTY for $20, damnit!). I told him about the deals and he was just like, "Oh, that's a pretty good deal." And that was the end of it. On to GS to pay MSRP and get nothing back except the two games.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't get people like this.
I've been able to convert most of my friends to K-Mart but I've got a couple who baffle the hell out of me.

They happily fork over MSRP at GS and BB.

After SD & CAG I refuse to pay MSRP on anything.
For new release games I've been spoiled to expect either a $20 GC or equivalent in merchandise (like Josh is doing in March). That is my litmus now to buy a new game. I either get those deals or I don't buy.

[quote name='DPsycho']Seconded. This is the next logical step in becoming a game retailing powerhouse.[/QUOTE]

ahmagad make this happen and i'll literally never shop for video games anywhere else.

The $20 credit, be it through a rewards card or gift card, usually convinces me to buy a game at full price. Most newer games can be sold used for at least ~$40 within a month or two. I can play the game and decide whether to keep it or sell it, practically breaking even after everything is accounted for if I decide to sell it. The small bonuses like the Marvel vs Capcom 3 photo make it even more enticing to throw money at Kmart. I can't wait to buy Dragon Age 2 (which it is a nice surprise to see the PC version being offered too), and get the 4000 MS points card for $20.

A pre-order system would be great! Cant it just be tied in with the existing layaway system? I want that infamous 2 overpriced hero edition. Thats the kind of thing i would gladly make weekly payments on.

I havent been to a gamestop forever, but i still register all my release games on their rewards site. I dont get points, only the satisfaction of letting them know that i am spending LOTS of money elsewhere.

I also register my nintendo games (club nintendo) and specifically add in purchased at kmart, hoping lots of people are doing the same. I do this in the hope of making nintendo easier for josh to work/bargin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back