Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Considering there's only one file to download, that's a pretty flimsy excuse, especially since you verified that you could see the locations but you just couldn't tell whether it was on PS3 or 360. :)

Also, seriously Josh? No LBP2 CE OR MvC3 CE? Show me some love, man. Dang.[/QUOTE]
Don't feel bad. Looking over the list for MvC3 CE allocation, it's probably a pretty good thing I don't have a PS3 or 360 or wanted the CE. The closest store is about 3 hours driving distance away, best I can tell.

Hmm, two things I'm wondering:

1. Any update on the whole thing about Kmart stores around PR raising the prices of all games, over the MSRP?
Now things are getting weird. Because as pointed out earlier, everything Josh announces as "clearance" is at the price Josh said (like some of the games he posted recently). But everything else, that the store receives and prices "normally"; they raise the price 14% and that applies from games to consoles (like Kinect costing $170.99 or the Wii at $227.99)
Like the $59.99 games costing $68.99, now games on the "$19.99 or under - bins", which appear on the receipt named as (example) "PS3 19.99" but priced $22.99; that's before taxes (7%). So they acknowledge the price is lower; what's the excuse?

2. What's the policy of returning games?
A few hours ago, a friend went and bought Bionic Commando (which was $4.99 as Josh posted); but the disc didn't worked. Tried on 2 different Xbox 360s and it just didn't recognized the disc.
So he went to exchange it, for another copy of the same game. And they didn't wanted to accept it because "the store policy says that for open games, they don't do exchanges or returns". He asked and wondered, how that works in cases like this when the game is not working; is not like he wanted his money back; he just wanted another copy of the same game. But was told the same thing "no exchange or returns on opened games". Granted, it was "only $5"; so he accepted the loss, broke the disc in half and trashed it on the same store :)bouncy:). The whole thing of my friend took under 2 hours, so is not like he waited days to return to the store. He got the game, went to his home; din't worked, went to another friend's 360; din't worked, went to Kmart.

Granted, I haven't been on that position of returning games, but now I wonder the same thing. What if a game I buy, doesn't work and I need to return it. Do I have to just accept it as a loss and move on; even if it was a $99.99+ game? Or those rare situations of blank discs or just empty cases?

[quote name='feroca']Hmm, two things I'm wondering:

1. Any update on the whole thing about Kmart stores around PR raising the prices of all games, over the MSRP?
Now things are getting weird. Because as pointed out earlier, everything Josh announces as "clearance" is at the price Josh said (like some of the games he posted recently). But everything else, that the store receives and prices "normally"; they raise the price 14% and that applies from games to consoles (like Kinect costing $170.99 or the Wii at $227.99)
Like the $59.99 games costing $68.99, now games on the "$19.99 or under - bins", which appear on the receipt named as (example) "PS3 19.99" but priced $22.99; that's before taxes (7%). So they acknowledge the price is lower; what's the excuse?

2. What's the policy of returning games?
A few hours ago, a friend went and bought Bionic Commando (which was $4.99 as Josh posted); but the disc didn't worked. Tried on 2 different Xbox 360s and it just didn't recognized the disc.
So he went to exchange it, for another copy of the same game. And they didn't wanted to accept it because "the store policy says that for open games, they don't do exchanges or returns". He asked and wondered, how that works in cases like this when the game is not working; is not like he wanted his money back; he just wanted another copy of the same game. But was told the same thing "no exchange or returns on opened games". Granted, it was "only $5"; so he accepted the loss, broke the disc in half and trashed it on the same store :)bouncy:).

Granted, I haven't been on that position of returning games, but now I wonder the same thing. What if a game I buy, doesn't work and I need to return it. Do I have to just accept it as a loss and move on; even if it was a $99.99+ game?[/QUOTE]
Unless there's some inexplicable difference between PR and the mainland, they're wrong, very very wrong. Stores are supposed to take back/exchange defective merchandise, and I've never heard of a chain store not doing a straight exchange before for a defective game. Unreal. Email Josh ASAP and let him know so he can escalate it to corporate. That shouldn't be happening.

As for pricing, I have no idea. It must be a Kmart thing. Never heard of that before.

Sheesh, 2 MvC Collector's Editions in the entire St. Louis area. Oh well, if I'm still playing when the DLC characters come out I will just buy them. Not going to pass up the $25 and try to get the CE somewhere else.

[quote name='Altanis']DQ VI is $34.99. You could have gone to Amazon, GameStop, Walmart, or one of many other retailers' sites to see that $34.99 was the MSRP.

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem is $29.99 MSRP. Anywhere selling it above that is above MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help me at all, not surprised.

I know DQVI is $34.99 MSRP. I know Mario vs DK is also $29.99 MSRP. I purchased Mario/DK at Kmart for $29.99 plus whatever bonus offer the week it came out. A week or two after that, I saw it listed at $34.99 in the same store.

I wanted to know what Kmart would be selling DQVI for this week, be it $29.99 or $34.99 (not including the $15 in rewards).

How does telling you that DQ 6 will be $35 not help you at all?

Sheesh. You could have found the answer yourself pretty damn easily. Be glad someone even helped you since your question is pretty easily answered. There's no special sale on it- if there was IT WOULD BE NOTED IN THE OP. You know, where Josh lists all of the sales and deals.

[quote name='Scorch']Considering there's only one file to download, that's a pretty flimsy excuse, especially since you verified that you could see the locations but you just couldn't tell whether it was on PS3 or 360. :)

Also, seriously Josh? No LBP2 CE OR MvC3 CE? Show me some love, man. Dang.

Oh yeah bro, good idea.. but that's less money for K-Mart.. which means less money for these promotions.. which means Amazon will have nothing to match. Buy it at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Sir, you are clearly not aware of the situation. I was unfortunate enough to download the file from post #35 (the first link in EYEL1NERs post,) and can confirm that the file from that post is an incomplete spreadsheet. However, the wiki file from post #"2" contains inside all the necessary data. It's unfortunate that slickdeals appears to tolerate such incompetence and amateurism within its community; I'll certainly think twice the next time I have to deal with them.

Hmmm, the store near me is getting one in stock, which probably means someone requested it. I wonder if I should try to get it or not.

*edit* Nah, never mind, even if the Steelbook looks awesome.

[quote name='nietzsche74']So any policies regarding employees setting products aside for themselves?[/QUOTE]

I figure it's not allowed, but that doesn't anyone if the manager is on it.

Spent about 3 hours with MvC3 today - my friend got an early copy.

So much fun. The game is really fast, combos are stupid simple to do. -The team dynamic will give this a lot of replayability. The game looks so good too.

Sentinel and Super Skrull and Trish are super good. Sentinel might be too good. I never lost with him, but I kinda felt like I was cheating with his DAMAGE and super easy shenanigans.

Buy this game though. So fun, can't wait for tuesday.

My team is Chun/Iron Man/Ammy for now. Iron Man's assist helps full screen chun, and ammy helps lockdown the opponent at midrange for chun.

I know it will be a while before you post the March deals, but do you know yet if the deal you have on Crysis 2 will be for both systems? Since Wal-Mart and amazon both seem to only offer a deal on the Ps3 versions, I am wondering if EA is trying to bolster slow pre-orders on the ps3 version and trying to stop any deals on the 360 version. Thanks..

[quote name='jer7583']Spent about 3 hours with MvC3 today - my friend got an early copy.

So much fun. The game is really fast, combos are stupid simple to do. -The team dynamic will give this a lot of replayability. The game looks so good too.

Sentinel and Super Skrull and Trish are super good. Sentinel might be too good. I never lost with him, but I kinda felt like I was cheating with his DAMAGE and super easy shenanigans.

Buy this game though. So fun, can't wait for tuesday.

My team is Chun/Iron Man/Ammy for now. Iron Man's assist helps full screen chun, and ammy helps lockdown the opponent at midrange for chun.[/QUOTE]

Did you play mvc2 by any chance? I was and still am a huge fan of that game, and although I do not think mvc3 will top it. I wanna give it a shot and appreciate it as a next entry in the franchise, rather than compare them. Anyone who is willing to play some casual matches PM me. Hope everyone enjoys this!

@Josh:

I was wondering if picking up a CE version of mvc3 will count towards the 2 copy limit per customer since it might be a different sku. That way I could pick one up of each system afterwards and still be able to receive the SYWR credit! If you could let me know, thanks! =)

I have never ever been in a store that didn't accept returns on defective games. What the smart ones do is open a fresh one in front of you and hand you that disc.

[quote name='aznhero913']are people getting amazon to give them $25 credit/gift card as a price match?[/QUOTE]

I waited until today to see if they would but they did not so I canceled my preorder. I will just go pick it up at K-Mart. I only want the standard edition so I don't have to worry about shortages. Il just swing by and get it in the morning.

any chance of a deal/rebate/reward points on the KZ3 special edition? Will the reward for the regular edition apply to the SE? Will Kmart have the SE?

[quote name='craven_fiend']But Altanis, what would you do in this thread if you didn't have these questions to ridicule? ;)[/QUOTE]
You know, I don't think the actual answer is allowed on CAG, so I'll say that I would pretty much just do more of the same that I already do.

With less facepalming. By now I'm sure there's a hint of brain damage.

[quote name='Altanis']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8088492&postcount=7

I swear, reading really is not difficult. If my 4 year old cousin can do it, you can too![/QUOTE]

I can read, asshole. That post is not news to me - I know that the standard discount usually applies to the SE of a game...BUT sometimes they add an additional discount and sometimes Kmart doesn't get the SE at all.

I perhaps could have worded it better, but I basically wanted to know if the SE is just getting the standard discount or something else. I also wanted to know if Kmart was even getting it, which isn't clear from reading the first page...

Unless it's specifically mentioned in the OP that they're having a different deal on the SE/LE/whatever they call it, then there's a pretty damn good chance that the special version gets the same deal.

Common sense strikes again.

[quote name='dsheinem']any chance of a deal/rebate/reward points on the KZ3 special edition? Will the reward for the regular edition apply to the SE? Will Kmart have the SE?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes, in limited stock at select locations. Contact stockboy.

[quote name='Altanis']Unless it's specifically mentioned in the OP that they're having a different deal on the SE/LE/whatever they call it, then there's a pretty damn good chance that the special version gets the same deal.

Common sense strikes again.[/QUOTE]

Christ. I'm so sorry I asked a question of clarification about a sale at Kmart in a thread about Kmart sales. Please forgive me. From now on I will just assume that the OP covers any and all questions that could possibly arise and will honor it for the holy gospel truth that it is. This thread should be locked and SHC-Gamer should stop replying to any questions people might have. Of course then you might not have much to do. If there's one thing I learned when I DID read back through the thread prior to posting earlier tonight it is that you seem to fancy yourself some kind of thread moderator and self appointed holier than thou Blue Light Ball Licker. Seriously, you chime in everytime someone asks any question at all that you think bears your personal rebuke, which is often. You might be the worst CAG I've run into in any thread.

[quote name='The1nOnlyKu']I waited until today to see if they would but they did not so I canceled my preorder. I will just go pick it up at K-Mart. I only want the standard edition so I don't have to worry about shortages. Il just swing by and get it in the morning.[/QUOTE]

How exactly did one get amazon to pricematch the $25.00 gift card? I already order my copies at 50% off with the coupon.

[quote name='dsheinem']you seem to fancy yourself some kind of thread moderator and self appointed holier than thou Blue Light Ball Licker. [/QUOTE]

You do know this is a forum for saving money from buying games? Yes some answers can be short or non informative, but is that hurtful name calling really needed? I just wanna save money guys.

People need to calm down and stop jumping down each others' throats in here.

Especially when insults are flying back and forth. Let's cease and desist with it immediately.

[quote name='Joshe']Quick question if I buy 2 copies of mvc3 can I get all $50 in points or is it it limited once per customer?[/QUOTE]
Josh appears to have removed it from the OP under each deal, but it's Limit 2 Per Customer.

However, you might have to do 2 transactions to get all the points.

[quote name='Joshe']Quick question if I buy 2 copies of mvc3 can I get all $50 in points or is it it limited once per customer?[/QUOTE]

At the very least, yes, you would get the reward points for both copies of the game. I know Kmart is moving towards 2 per customer limit on deals but I'm not sure that's in effect yet. Either way, you just want to purchase two so that will always work under the currently active and announced policies.

[quote name='Xellos2099']How exactly did one get amazon to pricematch the $25.00 gift card? I already order my copies at 50% off with the coupon.[/QUOTE]
Tried twice, was shot down both times.

[quote name='ssr']At the very least, yes, you would get the reward points for both copies of the game. I know Kmart is moving towards 2 per customer limit on deals but I'm not sure that's in effect yet. Either way, you just want to purchase two so that will always work under the currently active and announced policies.[/QUOTE]
The 2 per person limit went into effect when the SYWR points began, according to Josh. They're also here to stay for the long haul.

[quote name='shrike4242']People need to calm down and stop jumping down each others' throats in here.

Especially when insults are flying back and forth. Let's cease and desist with it immediately.[/QUOTE]

yawn.... you do understand all the insults are generated by either one person or directed towards that same person.. yet you (or another moderator) jump in to defend him and delete these posts directed towards him. I agree the insults don't contribute to the thread but neither does his constant BS yet it is tolerated.

Amazon doesn't price match in the traditional sense. You can "notify them of a lower price" and sometimes they'll lower their price to match it. But you can't call and just be like "Kmart is selling it for xx" and have them give you that price.

I'm not really sure what that dude was talking about. (Pics or it didn't happen)

I know this has been asked, but I really can't remember. What happens if I buy MvC3, then return the game a few days later? (It's a "surprise" gift, so it may end up unwanted) Will I lose the SYWR points?

[quote name='Zaku77']I know this has been asked, but I really can't remember. What happens if I buy MvC3, then return the game a few days later? (It's a "surprise" gift, so it may end up unwanted) Will I lose the SYWR points?[/QUOTE]
It's either you lose the points or you get the value of them deducted from your refund (I'm assuming it's based off whether the points are spent or not?).

You can't buy the game, get the points, then return the game and keep the points. The system doesn't work like that.

This will be the first time I have ordered from kmart.com so I'm not sure about the shipping. Does anyone know if you get it on the release date?

[quote name='krashhole']This will be the first time I have ordered from kmart.com so I'm not sure about the shipping. Does anyone know if you get it on the release date?[/QUOTE]

Based on past experience it is my understand that Kmart does not start fulfilling (shipping) orders until release day.

Thats what I wasnt sure about because it says.
When will my item arrive?
Release Date: 02/15/11
When this item is available, it will be automatically shipped according to your chosen shipping method.

Hi Josh, quick question about clearance games: are Dead Space and Bionic Commando for the PS3 also on clearance? $ ?

Also, the game section arrangement here in PR has "improved" from when I sent you the email on Sep. 30, At least now I can see the games just don't know the prices. After your nice reply on that day, nobody has done anything about the up-charge here in PR! Thanks!

I might just get it from amazon and get the $10 game credit. Kmart.com says I will get 600 points for purchasing it through them. Not sure how the $25 deal works.

[quote name='krashhole']I might just get it from amazon and get the $10 game credit. Kmart.com says I will get 600 points for purchasing it through them. Not sure how the $25 deal works.[/QUOTE]
The bonus SYWR points aren't active until release date (unless it's like DQ6, and there are special circumstances). That's why it says it will only give you 600 points- because the bonus 25,000 aren't active.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='krashhole']I might just get it from amazon and get the $10 game credit. Kmart.com says I will get 600 points for purchasing it through them. Not sure how the $25 deal works.[/QUOTE]

If you order the game from Kmart.com you will NOT get the 25,000 SYWR bonus points. In past deals, (Red Wii, Black Ops) buyers DID get the bonus SYWR points when they ordered online but it took weeks and sometimes months for buyers to get the points.

Since Josh has been advertising the deals as in store only. Sometimes I wonder if you made the purchase online and called the SYWR department if they'd still give you the credit; but IMHO it would not be worth the hassle.

On another note, even when I signed up for Shipvantage to get free shipping upgrades it was still much slower then amazon.

[quote name='Zaku77']I know this has been asked, but I really can't remember. What happens if I buy MvC3, then return the game a few days later? (It's a "surprise" gift, so it may end up unwanted) Will I lose the SYWR points?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they deduct them from your balance - so if you get the $25 and use $10 of it, then return mvc3 your rewards balance will be negative $10 and any future points you get will fill that negative balance.

Also if you plan on ordering online be careful and read the product description carefully. I noticed when I logged into my SYWR account last week their was a photo of TDU2 stating you could get 10,000 ($10) bonus points if you purchased it. I became curious (because Josh said it was an instore online deal), and clicked the link only to read in the fine print that it was only valid for in store purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back