Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

The system is actually pretty dynamic compared to the industry though. I'd take our coupon system over a gift card system any day, with that extra little function you mentioned of course :)[/QUOTE]

^ I'm just curious, care to elaborate why the coupon method system is better than the gift card system? I fail to see the benefits for the consumer as the coupons directly limit what you are able to use them on. By comparison a gift card system is much more flexible as it would open up all departments in the store and likely extend the time in which you could redeem the value. I could see why you would prefer the coupon system because it guarantees that those dollars funnel back into your department. Is that the advantage you speak of? I know that concept causes increased sales because you are creating an artificial need to shop by restricting the dates on the coupons which increases foot traffic into the store and into that department.

My understanding, as it was explained during the SYWR points promotions while they fixed the coupon system, is that the promotions can be approved fore greater value when the higher-ups know that that money is going to stay in the department. When it can be used in any department, they don't approve large amounts because they risk running the department's funds dry. Coupons that mandate video game purchases can be set to higher values, and that is how they benefit the consumer. We wouldn't ever be seeing $25 gift cards with new releases or spend $120 get $60 gift cards the way we can get as coupons.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you were to use a manufacturer's coupon (I know that is not the case here) the retailer is OBLIGATED to refund the entire cost including the amount discounted by the coupon because the retailer will be refunded the coupon's value by the manufacturer.

If they didn't refund you that amount the store would be double dipping which is illegal.

The best example of this is $ off coupons from Disney for blu-ray movies. If the movie was $29.99 at a particular store, you used a $10 off coupon and paid $19.99 when you went to return the movie the store would have to refund you $29.99; the purchase price plus the value of the $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

This is completely not correct in any way. If you buy an item at any store with a coupon and then bring it back, you only get what you paid out of pocket back. The reimbursement from the manufacturer is between the store and the manufacturer and they have means in place to prevent the store from seeking reimbursement for items that were returned.

[quote name='joshnorm']No people should be treating them like coupons. A $20 bill doesn't magically lose its worth after a few weeks and you can take that $20 bill and purchases something anywhere. With this you have to use it at KMart and have to be buying a certain item (most of the time anyway) which is a coupon like any other coupon...

Still agree people should put them away and take care of them but since this is a program similar to Reward Zone (BB) you should be able to print them off again if you lost it, which would void the other one.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't, but it really bothers me how stupid people are on this site.

Okay, genius, I didn't mean treat it like money so go try and deposit it in the bank or use it to buy groceries. I meant treat it like cash in the way you store it/take care of it because if you lose it, you're basically losing money.

And no, this isn't a program similar to Reward Zone at all. This is a program similar to those coupons that print up at the register when you buy groceries. If you lose those, you don't magically get another one.

And to the person saying that it should be clear that you don't get the full value back when you use a coupon? Really? fuck, this shit is just sad. No wonder China is kicking our asses.

[quote name='Halo05']Doesn't it get difficult to find the Wii case under all that dust?[/QUOTE]

lol'd a bit

[quote name='horns456']Thanks. I emailed him requesting a few copies go to the store near me.

Do you know if you can you check Kmart stock the night before to verify the Augmented edition will arrive the next morning?[/QUOTE]

i dont think so. there's no inventory checker for customers. but if u told stockboy and he emailed u back confirming, then u should be good.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitely a tough one that needs to be reviewed on a case by case basis in my opinion. It's all about common sense. If there is evidence of fraud (which is pretty easy to figure out at store level) then I am not against taking action against the consumer. In an honest mistake for a customer that has shown no pretense of abuse then why not give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm specifically talking about the return issue, not replacing a lost coupon etc.

The easiest way to never run into an issue is just to make sure you get your digital copy, solves everything!

The system is actually pretty dynamic compared to the industry though. I'd take our coupon system over a gift card system any day, with that extra little function you mentioned of course [/QUOTE]

I am a fan of the coupon system myself, but I can't say it doesn't have its flaws. I agree with you that if in fact a consumer is trying to fraud the system, they should be penalized. However, the fact that the return process has to go through a case-by-case basis is still inefficient. The lack of personnel (not just limited to the Gaming Dept.) at Kmart stores is well-documented in this thread, and not everyone is servicable as you are, Josh. As the OP originally posted, the CSR did not make any attempt to see if the coupon was used or not. That's not to say all CSR are uncaring people, but I am just pointing out that if the return process was automated in a way with a coupon validation checker, this issue would've never arisen.

Josh - I am in no way telling you or K-Mart how to run your business; I am just offering constructive criticism and I know you are an open and reasonable person.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']^ I'm just curious, care to elaborate why the coupon method system is better than the gift card system? [/QUOTE]

The coupon system is actually mutually beneficial for the consumer and KMart, with the exception of returns, for now. It benefits KMart in the ways you described but also to cut down on the cost for needing to produce extra gift cards specifically for the Gaming department. As for the consumer, while you are limited to the specifica merchandise you are able to purchase with the coupons, it eliminates double taxation. It is a trade-off in a sense.

The biggest problem with gift cards (for the consumer) is that you are taxed twice. For example, when you buy a $60 game and you get a $20 gift card, you are taxed for the purchase of $60, so your total is $66. Let's assume 10% tax. If you try to return the original $60 game, you will be only refunded for the deducted amount, plus tax. In this case, it'd be $40 + $4 tax, which means you essentially spent $22 on a $20 gift card. On top of that, when you use that $20 gift card, you are taxed again. This is mainly a problem with Toys R US, but I do not recall if I have seen it elsewhere. Of course, this problem is elimianted in states that do not tax, but only Delaware does that iirc.

With coupons, not only are you not double-taxed like gift cards, you actually only pay tax on the total amount after coupon. In a coupon scenario, if an item was originally $60, and I used a $20 coupon, I'd only need to pay tax on the $40, so a total of $44. In the gift card scenario, I'd need to pay tax on the full amount, so it'd be $66.

I like the coupon system, but like I said, it's not without its flaws. Hopefully the return-issues can be cleared up in the near future for the convenience of both Kmart and the consumer.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']^ I'm just curious, care to elaborate why the coupon method system is better than the gift card system? I fail to see the benefits for the consumer as the coupons directly limit what you are able to use them on. By comparison a gift card system is much more flexible as it would open up all departments in the store and likely extend the time in which you could redeem the value. I could see why you would prefer the coupon system because it guarantees that those dollars funnel back into your department. Is that the advantage you speak of? I know that concept causes increased sales because you are creating an artificial need to shop by restricting the dates on the coupons which increases foot traffic into the store and into that department.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Then we can get $5 gift cards like over at Target!

If you morons can't handle keeping track of a little slip of paper, go shop somewhere else.

I'm curious, so I'm going to ponder this aloud. The person returning a game and being denied the coupon value, did you do this after the coupon went active the following Sunday? And when you say you lost it, do you mean it was destroyed and rendered irredeemable or that it left your possession in such a way that someone else could have recovered it?

People with multiple SYWR accounts in their households belonging to different people have suggested that they were able to use coupons without pairing them exactly with the account that generated them. I wonder if it's possible that they denied you the value of the coupon because their system showed that coupon had already been redeemed, a scenario that should be possible with the current system.

[quote name='Miro']I am a fan of the coupon system myself, but I can't say it doesn't have its flaws. I agree with you that if in fact a consumer is trying to fraud the system, they should be penalized. However, the fact that the return process has to go through a case-by-case basis is still inefficient. The lack of personnel (not just limited to the Gaming Dept.) at Kmart stores is well-documented in this thread, and not everyone is servicable as you are, Josh. As the OP originally posted, the CSR did not make any attempt to see if the coupon was used or not. That's not to say all CSR are uncaring people, but I am just pointing out that if the return process was automated in a way with a coupon validation checker, this issue would've never arisen.

Josh - I am in no way telling you or K-Mart how to run your business; I am just offering constructive criticism and I know you are an open and reasonable person.

The coupon system is actually mutually beneficial for the consumer and KMart, with the exception of returns, for now. It benefits KMart in the ways you described but also to cut down on the cost for needing to produce extra gift cards specifically for the Gaming department. As for the consumer, while you are limited to the specifica merchandise you are able to purchase with the coupons, it eliminates double taxation. It is a trade-off in a sense.

The biggest problem with gift cards (for the consumer) is that you are taxed twice. For example, when you buy a $60 game and you get a $20 gift card, you are taxed for the purchase of $60, so your total is $66. Let's assume 10% tax. If you try to return the original $60 game, you will be only refunded for the deducted amount, plus tax. In this case, it'd be $40 + $4 tax, which means you essentially spent $22 on a $20 gift card. On top of that, when you use that $20 gift card, you are taxed again. This is mainly a problem with Toys R US, but I do not recall if I have seen it elsewhere. Of course, this problem is elimianted in states that do not tax, but only Delaware does that iirc.

With coupons, not only are you not double-taxed like gift cards, you actually only pay tax on the total amount after coupon. In a coupon scenario, if an item was originally $60, and I used a $20 coupon, I'd only need to pay tax on the $40, so a total of $44. In the gift card scenario, I'd need to pay tax on the full amount, so it'd be $66.

I like the coupon system, but like I said, it's not without its flaws. Hopefully the return-issues can be cleared up in the near future for the convenience of both Kmart and the consumer.[/QUOTE]
Oh I totally took it that way. Very good feedback. I wish I could just have them fix it (along with hundreds of other things) but I have to play the hand dealt. It is really close to an awesome system and even with its flaws allows me some really cool options to be highly competitive.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']^ I'm just curious, care to elaborate why the coupon method system is better than the gift card system? I fail to see the benefits for the consumer as the coupons directly limit what you are able to use them on. By comparison a gift card system is much more flexible as it would open up all departments in the store and likely extend the time in which you could redeem the value. I could see why you would prefer the coupon system because it guarantees that those dollars funnel back into your department. Is that the advantage you speak of? I know that concept causes increased sales because you are creating an artificial need to shop by restricting the dates on the coupons which increases foot traffic into the store and into that department.[/QUOTE]
This is not a blow off but there are very important reasons why it is better for the consumer and us because of the coupons vs. gift card. I will definitely try and get back on and explain (Monday's are crazy) but I think my argument is compelling.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Nice! Then we can get $5 gift cards like over at Target!

If you morons can't handle keeping track of a little slip of paper, go shop somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

seriously....?? getting salty over someone else's coupon :lol:

:argue:

what i dont understand is why the paper coupon serves as anything more than a physical reminder. shouldn't everything be digitally tied to the account? i mean its not that hard to look and see the coupon isn't used, and just cancel it.

[quote name='Fabs']Josh, when will we know the deus ex deal?[/QUOTE]
On his FB page, Josh said the Deus Ex deal will be revealed on Wednesday.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you were to use a manufacturer's coupon (I know that is not the case here) the retailer is OBLIGATED to refund the entire cost including the amount discounted by the coupon because the retailer will be refunded the coupon's value by the manufacturer.

If they didn't refund you that amount the store would be double dipping which is illegal.

The best example of this is $ off coupons from Disney for blu-ray movies. If the movie was $29.99 at a particular store, you used a $10 off coupon and paid $19.99 when you went to return the movie the store would have to refund you $29.99; the purchase price plus the value of the $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Uh, This is wrong on so many levels.

I like the coupons because it allows the value to be very high in the $20 range for $60 titles.

If they gave gift cards we'd be looking at $5-$10 gift cards because of the budgeting and redemption rates.

I say people who don't redeem/lose their coupons pay for those of us who do use them and take care of them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It shouldn't, but it really bothers me how stupid people are on this site.

Okay, genius, I didn't mean treat it like money so go try and deposit it in the bank or use it to buy groceries. I meant treat it like cash in the way you store it/take care of it because if you lose it, you're basically losing money.

And no, this isn't a program similar to Reward Zone at all. This is a program similar to those coupons that print up at the register when you buy groceries. If you lose those, you don't magically get another one.

And to the person saying that it should be clear that you don't get the full value back when you use a coupon? Really? fuck, this shit is just sad. No wonder China is kicking our asses.[/QUOTE]

Oh please, get off your fucking high horse. You made a shitty analogy and got called out on it. So you backtrack and say that's not what you meant, while essentially calling the poster an idiot.

And no, it's not like the coupons you get at the groceries either. If you lose those coupons, the grocery store won't deduct the "value" of the coupon from a refund should you return some of the groceries..

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Oh please, get off your fucking high horse. You made a shitty analogy and got called out on it. So you backtrack and say that's not what you meant, while essentially calling the poster an idiot.

And no, it's not like the coupons you get at the groceries either. If you lose those coupons, the grocery store won't deduct the "value" of the coupon from a refund should you return some of the groceries..[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, my analogy has been the same from the beginning. It is painfully obvious what I meant in my original post and when I further explain what I meant for the borderline retarded, you think I backtracked and changed my analogy. Hahaha, this is hilarious.

And you're right, I forgot that grocery stores take returns. I'm going to go return my milk.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahahah, my analogy has been the same from the beginning. It is painfully obvious what I meant in my original post and when I further explain what I meant for the borderline retarded, you think I backtracked and changed my analogy. Hahaha, this is hilarious.

And you're right, I forgot that grocery stores take returns. I'm going to go return my milk.[/QUOTE]

Are you now trying to say that they don't take returns?

[quote name='GBAstar']Are you now trying to say that they don't take returns?[/QUOTE]

Brb, gotta return my bananas.

*edit* By the way, I'm sure grocery stores will take returns if you whine enough. But regardless, this is all just morons trying to change the argument away from them not wanting to take responsibility for keeping track of a coupon and blaming others when they lose it. It's Internet arguing rule 3, if you lose the argument or can't refute a point, change the focus of the argument to something else.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Brb, gotta return my bananas.

*edit* By the way, I'm sure grocery stores will take returns if you whine enough. But regardless, this is all just morons trying to change the argument away from them not wanting to take responsibility for keeping track of a coupon and blaming others when they lose it. It's Internet arguing rule 3, if you lose the argument or can't refute a point, change the focus of the argument to something else.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever. I think the biggest issue people are forgetting is that the only way Josh can sustain $15-$30 on software is by issue them via coupons.

Like someone else mentioned he wouldn't be able to sustain the program if it was done 100% through SYWR points or Gift Cards and most likely if he were to try we'd be looking at $5 - $15 offers instead of what he has lined up.

At least that is my understanding...

I've never lost a coupon or had any problems with it personally, but as I said, you have to be a smart consumer in order to manage that because those coupons are easily faded and you have to take your chances on a purchase you fully do not expect to return. Some people are just not empathetic enough to see both sides of the story.

Josh, I appreciate your pace of work and look forward to a more detailed explanation as to the true benefit of the coupon system versus the gift card system. While the lack of double taxation is definitely a benefit (not 100% sure if they apply tax to the total before or after coupon to validate that argument), it still seems like a shallow advantage and surely not one that would impact SHC's decision.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']I've never lost a coupon or had any problems with it personally, but as I said, you have to be a smart consumer in order to manage that because those coupons are easily faded and you have to take your chances on a purchase you fully do not expect to return. Some people are just not empathetic enough to see both sides of the story.

Josh, I appreciate your pace of work and look forward to a more detailed explanation as to the true benefit of the coupon system versus the gift card system. While the lack of double taxation is definitely a benefit (not 100% sure if they apply tax to the total before or after coupon to validate that argument), it still seems like a shallow advantage and surely not one that would impact SHC's decision.[/QUOTE]

The biggest advantage is that we get $20 coupons vs $10 Gift Cards.

Curious about Deus Ex...

When it gets closer to release do you think Josh will unvail a master list (Similar to MvC3 Special Edition) of which store will get copies. I honestly can't remember if I requested a copy and I'd like to see what other stores may get one.

It is a little frustrating though because I noticed on the previous list that none of the Maine stores got copies except for the Presque Isle store which is by far the lowest volume of any in the state and the sad thing is I think that store got multiple copies.

I'm going to give Kmart the benefit of the doubt and assume that their is a strategic plan on how these CE/SE/LE get divided up?

i had a question about having my 3ds price adjusted. would i just go to customer service and ask for it to be adjusted because of the price on the site? because teh ad reflects the original price. sorry if it sounds stupid, i dont usually do price match or adjusts

All we know that t he success of Nike Shox Shoes from Nike company is not just the result of advertisement, the most important is the fashion designs and excellent quality.you can buy a newest Nike Shox Monster in the flagship,as we know that all Nike Shox like Nike Shox NZ has 4 circular columns to provide cushioning when running, the midsole of Nike Shox R4 is injected by the Phylon with flexible air sole unit for lightweight,that’s why it’s so popular for girls. And Nike Shox TL3 is also popular for most of youngers. Welcome to cheap shox !

[quote name='Buuhan1']The No More Heroes deal isn't happening now? Tss... way to lead me on for several months.[/QUOTE]
Im there with you. I find it annoying there used to be a section of the wiki with all of the games and what the offer was for each game typically more than a hand full of days before the release. Just a big inconvenience is all im saying

[quote name='ucantcme69']Im there with you. I find it annoying there used to be a section of the wiki with all of the games and what the offer was for each game typically more than a hand full of days before the release. Just a big inconvenience is all im saying[/QUOTE]

Yea I told Josh this same thing but he doesn't seem to care. He is more worried about other places matching his deals.

Sucks about no deal for No More Heroes. You can score it for $29 bones at Amazon or $39 at Kmart, was really wanting to burn this last $15 gaming coupon I had for Kmart but shazam... coupon expires 9/3... just 3 days off from dead island gg

[quote name='ucantcme69']Im there with you. I find it annoying there used to be a section of the wiki with all of the games and what the offer was for each game typically more than a hand full of days before the release. Just a big inconvenience is all im saying[/QUOTE]

As convenient as it might be for us, it sucks for him. Any competitor can easily match his deals if they know weeks in advance.

josh has said he would put the list back up as soon as he could. he wouldve done it yesterday but he said mondays are busy i think. not sure if he'll post offers or wait for those. personally, wouldn't mind if he waited, afterall, preorders can be canceled up until they're shipped

edit: also, for kmart price matches. more specifically, the 3ds one. since kmarts ad states the 3ds as 249.99 (since they're printed in advance), i'd have to point out the price on kmart.com right?

All it was, was a new release list which I know is handy. Every new release we carry we generally have a deal with. I really will post this as soon as I can. Very sorry it has taken so long.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Yea I told Josh this same thing but he doesn't seem to care. He is more worried about other places matching his deals.[/QUOTE]
All it ever said was "confirmed offer" not really concerned about people matching that. Its just something I need to type up again.

Could not come up with this in search. But a curious question about SYWR 10k bonus points this week. Is this bonus applicable to Sears purchases this week as well?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All it ever said was "confirmed offer" not really concerned about people matching that. Its just something I need to type up again.[/QUOTE]

For Christ's sake Josh, please stop indulging these assholes...

Is the current sale for GH: WoR for all stores or only "roto" stores? I went in today and my store still had it for $80...
BTW, how is the new "online" gaming dept. coming along?

hey josh, i couldnt do a price adjust for my 3ds because the prices at my store havent been dropped yet and today was the last day for the price adjust (7 days right?). is there anything u or i can do? short of a return/rebuy?

Any PS3 console deals coming up? Mine just YLOD'd and I'd like to wait until there's something to sweeten the pot before I hand over the total amount of money I've been saving throughout the summer. A PSN card, a coupon, a free game, or an irresistable accessory would suffice.

[quote name='Silverspud']Any PS3 console deals coming up? Mine just YLOD'd and I'd like to wait until there's something to sweeten the pot before I hand over the total amount of money I've been saving throughout the summer. A PSN card, a coupon, a free game, or an irresistable accessory would suffice.[/QUOTE]

You're in luck. Sony just announced a price cut to $249.

Someone has already strated a thread about the drop.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301688

I jumped on that $44.99 Ace Combat Assault Horizon at Toys R Us. I hope Kmart is able to beat that, i'll cancel TRU immediately if it's a $20 coupon at kmart.

You'd cancel a $45 pre-order, then pay MSRP to get a $20 off coupon for ANOTHER game AND deal with the hassle that many have in this thread(that being the game not being in stock @ Kmart week of release)?

Not only that but I believe the TRU deal has free shipping included. So you would get it shipped to your house for free for $15 off MSRP the week of release.

[quote name='bojay1997']This is completely not correct in any way. If you buy an item at any store with a coupon and then bring it back, you only get what you paid out of pocket back. The reimbursement from the manufacturer is between the store and the manufacturer and they have means in place to prevent the store from seeking reimbursement for items that were returned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joshrocker']Uh, This is wrong on so many levels.[/QUOTE]

I can say from past experience that you are both wrong, at least in the sate of CT, I don't know about anywhere else. At both Best Buy and Target I have returned Disney movies that I have purchased with a 10.00 coupon and when I did the return I got my purchase price + the amount of the coupon back.

There is no way for the store to keep track of what was returned and what wasn't. Lets say I go into BB on Wednesday and buy a movie. I go back a week later and return it. BB has already sent the coupon to Disney to get their money. So of course they have to refund me the purchase amount + coupon.

I still don't buy the Disney movie coupon story. The only "of course" conclusion I would draw from this is that, if they are indeed paying out $10 to people who return the product a week later, they wouldn't be offering coupons in the first place.

This sounds more like vouchers gained from making a purchase in the first place, like buying a Disney Blu-Ray and getting a voucher for $10 toward another purchase. Since this requires money in their hands in the first place, it's the only way I can see this working.

In any case, I think it would be beyond foolish to expect coupon values when making returns as a general rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']I still don't buy the Disney movie coupon story. The only "of course" conclusion I would draw from this is that, if they are indeed paying out $10 to people who return the product a week later, they wouldn't be offering coupons in the first place.

This sounds more like vouchers gained from making a purchase in the first place, like buying a Disney Blu-Ray and getting a voucher for $10 toward another purchase. Since this requires money in their hands in the first place, it's the only way I can see this working.

In any case, I think it would be beyond foolish to expect coupon values when making returns as a general rule.[/QUOTE]

It is true. if you use the $10 (or whatever the set amount is) Disney (Manufacturer) coupon and then return the movie later (using the original receipt) you get your OOP expense plus the value of the coupon refunded to you. I have had this work at Target, Walmart, TRU, and Best Buy. This was in Maine.

I don't know about Kmart because nobody buys Disney Blu-rays at MRSP $34.99

[quote name='DPsycho']I still don't buy the Disney movie coupon story. The only "of course" conclusion I would draw from this is that, if they are indeed paying out $10 to people who return the product a week later, they wouldn't be offering coupons in the first place.

In any case, I think it would be beyond foolish to expect coupon values when making returns as a general rule.[/QUOTE]

The key to the whole thing is that it's a manufacturers coupon. This doesn't apply if it's just a normal store coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back