SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kratier']are they going to do that buy la noire day 1 get 20$ coupon + 20$ free game or is that not happening now?[/QUOTE]

Welcome noob.

Yes. That promotion was confirmed recently.

[quote name='kratier']are they going to do that buy la noire day 1 get 20$ coupon + 20$ free game or is that not happening now?[/QUOTE]

LA Noire promo is get $20 coupon plus $20 game with purchase.

well dont need to call me "noob" the front page only shows 20$ coupon
i was making sure, as previously he said it was still up in the air

[quote name='kratier']well dont need to call me "noob"[/QUOTE]

Check your own profile info. You're publicly displayed as being new until you change it to say otherwise. =P

[quote name='KCS13']Josh, does Kmart currently, or in the future, have any intention of carrying Atlus games? I recently got Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP and can't put it down. I would certainly pick any more Atlus games up from Kmart if they were to stock any (Disgaea 4 in September?). I know companies like Atlus and others are kind of niche, but was just wondering. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Josh has said they will not be carrying Disgaea 4. I can understand not stocking Atlus games due to being niche, but I was surprised to hear that the next installment of what has become NipponIchi's flagship series won't be considered.

Ahhh damn...thanks for the update DPsycho. I try to keep up with goes on in this thread, but I guess I must have missed that post. I would definitely like to see more of the smaller developers get some Kmart love, but I can understand given the small fan-base of some of them.

[quote name='kratier']well dont need to call me "noob" the front page only shows 20$ coupon
i was making sure, as previously he said it was still up in the air[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Just because Josh "confirmed" it somewhere in the vastness of this forum doesn't mean that everyone saw it. I looked on the blog and it's not there either. Sheesh.

[quote name='ssr']Also confirming that patches are up and working and have never went down. I've patched many backlogged single player games that I hadn't gotten around to since the PSN has been down. I don't do a lot of MP gaming per se but I used the PSN a lot. Keeping up with friends, trophies, and a PS+ subscriber for free games.

But for what it's worth, there's no reason if you were planning on purchasing LA Noire on the PS3 to not get it on there now. There's no MP aspect, period. Patches work just fine. And I believe the PS3 version even gets some exclusive content like Red Dead Redemption did.[/QUOTE]

There is an exclusive case for the PS3 version. If it's like what they did for Mafia 2, it will be a paper PSN code in the game case.

[quote name='ssr']
But for what it's worth, there's no reason if you were planning on purchasing LA Noire on the PS3 to not get it on there now. There's no MP aspect, period. Patches work just fine. And I believe the PS3 version even gets some exclusive content like Red Dead Redemption did.[/QUOTE]

also 1 bluray vs 3 dvds, if that sort of thing bothers you.

lots of kmart noobs here with the la noire deal

Welcome!

Kmart deals are valid the whole week so from the 15th to the 21st. Of course la noire does not release until the 17th.

Kmart has my LA Noire purchase. I can't wait for this game, but I think I may force myself to wait until Friday just in case one of those bonus SYWR deals pops up. I probably wouldn't have time to play it until Friday anyways.

Great deal Josh!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If you emailed me I will definitely follow up as quickly as possible. It will probably be tonight and tomorrow morning when I get back to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Still nothing Josh... I'd send it again, but I don't want to spam your email. I already sent the message twice (once late Tuesday night and again Wednesday afternoon).

Has K-mart adjusted the prices of the Nintendo Choice games yet and/or have they received the games with the updated box art for $19.99?

I wouldn't mind picking up Mario Super Sluggers with the Noire deal.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Has K-mart adjusted the prices of the Nintendo Choice games yet and/or have they received the games with the updated box art for $19.99?

I wouldn't mind picking up Mario Super Sluggers with the Noire deal.[/QUOTE]
Should be this Sunday.

[quote name='io']Still nothing Josh... I'd send it again, but I don't want to spam your email. I already sent the message twice (once late Tuesday night and again Wednesday afternoon).[/QUOTE]
You all are good, it is me that is behind. I was able to catch up Tuesday night but post 225a.m. that day I am behind. After the fam goes to sleep tonight I will be emailing everyone. Thanks.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']No kidding. Just because Josh "confirmed" it somewhere in the vastness of this forum doesn't mean that everyone saw it. I looked on the blog and it's not there either. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]
It is definitely not posted. I am very behind due to Brink on Tuesday. The deal is confirmed though. The OP will be updated tonight.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Does that happen to include the Rockford stores? And what is this new strategy anyway?[/QUOTE]
The news stores are removing the glass cases! No tethers like Target though. They will be up by the end of E3.

[quote name='KCS13']Josh, does Kmart currently, or in the future, have any intention of carrying Atlus games? I recently got Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP and can't put it down. I would certainly pick any more Atlus games up from Kmart if they were to stock any (Disgaea 4 in September?). I know companies like Atlus and others are kind of niche, but was just wondering. Thanks![/QUOTE]
It is very tough with them; I need a strong pre order system. They do not have the ability to promote the games as heavily as I require.

[quote name='yodathe3rd']Hey Josh Im planning on getting The Witcher 2 next week will most of the stores being caring it since its a PC title. im up in the Duluth,MN area[/QUOTE]
All stores will have the Witcher 2; I have some exclusive DLC for it too.

[quote name='Marauder7']Josh sending you an email about my experience at Kmart and I think I'm done shopping there.[/QUOTE]:cry: I'll do my best to sway you, but I'm definitely learning that there is only so much I can do. I need a stores help as well to make this work. I totally understand.

[quote name='Roadrunner']I'd love to see these deals at Sears also, seeing as there's no Kmart within 200 miles of me :([/QUOTE]
Me too actually, me too. There are a few needed pieces that are missing though internally to do it.

At Kmart though, KmartGamer.com is about to go through some cool transitions this summer :) Potentially as soon as E3.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The news stores are removing the glass cases! No tethers like Target though. They will be up by the end of E3.[/QUOTE]
Can't that lead to problems, like theft? Like, I remember visiting Walmart once to look for Uncharted 2. According to the guy who worked in the department, the district manager decided to open their glass cases for Black Friday, or something. Just within that brief time, they had a rash of theft, even though supposedly there should have been people watching the area. I dunno, though. I dunno.

(sips some more clam chowder)

[quote name='sadboy']Can't that lead to problems, like theft? Like, I remember visiting Walmart once to look for Uncharted 2. According to the guy who worked in the department, the district manager decided to open their glass cases for Black Friday, or something. Just within that brief time, they had a rash of theft, even though supposedly there should have been people watching the area. I dunno, though. I dunno.

(sips some more clam chowder)
[/QUOTE]
It certainly can, we'll be monitoring them closely. Please continue sipping :)

Are deals limited to one per account? For instance if i bought LA noire from one kmart and got the 20 coupon+free game, then went to another kmart and tried to get the same deal would they allow it?

I also assume gaming coupons could be added together towards the same purchase right? So if i had 2 gaming coupsons for 20 dollars i could get 40 dollars off a game?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It certainly can, we'll be monitoring them closely. Please continue sipping :)[/QUOTE]
(refuses to sip)

Well, on the bright side, I think if anyone steals from Kmart, they'll miss out on your deals.

It's like, some random thief says to his thief friend, "Uhh, should I steal a sub-$20 game along with LA Noire?" "I dunno. Maybe you should e-mail Josh." With every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction! Just kidding.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Any confirmation on whether the rock band bundles are ringing up properly?

Josh said he'd look into it, and a few others said they'd try today. Going out soon, wondering if I should stop in.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no for me and I called two Kmarts still scanning at 99.99.
Maybe Josh can help with this?

Man, I'm having buyers remorse over purchasing Brink. I wish there was a way to return it and get the old coupon back. Or something. I don't know.

Next week is exciting, though. Amazing deal on L.A. Noire.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You all are good, it is me that is behind. I was able to catch up Tuesday night but post 225a.m. that day I am behind. After the fam goes to sleep tonight I will be emailing everyone. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, no hurry - just wanted an update ;).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The news stores are removing the glass cases! No tethers like Target though. They will be up by the end of E3.[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't go the Gamestop route (gutting at least one of every new game and displaying the empty case), I look forward to seeing what you came up with. I think I speak for most CAGs on that matter ;).

[quote name='jer7583']removal of glass cases, addition of bear trap loaded game cases[/QUOTE]
One of my Kmarts utilizes game cases for their older non-glassed stock.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Unfortunately, no for me and I called two Kmarts still scanning at 99.99.
Maybe Josh can help with this?[/QUOTE]

I just called the two Kmarts today and they have been reduced to 79.99. I remember reading this on some other posts.

Josh, is this the correct price or should it be the $49.97 listed in the May clearance drops. Thanks.

[quote name='hellbringer333']Kmart should have the Wii hits by the 24th correct? Thinking of getting one with the la noire coupon.[/QUOTE]
It is in the ad this weekend actually.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Are deals limited to one per account? For instance if i bought LA noire from one kmart and got the 20 coupon+free game, then went to another kmart and tried to get the same deal would they allow it?

I also assume gaming coupons could be added together towards the same purchase right? So if i had 2 gaming coupsons for 20 dollars i could get 40 dollars off a game?[/QUOTE]

Deals are limited to two per sywr account, so u can get up to two la. noires wit the deal - i'm not sure how its limited tho, u could try gettin 3 and seeing if u get and can use all three coupons lol

and u can do as many coupons as u want but its limited to one coupon wit the same barcodes (so... same coupon from the same deal won't work) also, u have to make sure u hit the minimum price

soo conflicted about brink, some ppl r enjoying the hell out of it, some arent... not sure wat i wanna do... :(

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh.

Sent you a note. Please check it asap.[/QUOTE]
Just saw it; really appreciate the heads up.

I mentioned kmartgamer with Ryan Davis from GiantBomb on twitter and he seemed offended. I think those guys aren't on that Kmart Tip yet. Josh you should buy them a drink at E3 and let them know what you're all about.

Fingers crossed that everything gets worked out with my LEGO coupon by Tuesday for LA Noire.
I guess I'm kinda lucky that this week was the first time I had any problems regarding the coupons compared to some of you guys.
It's weird how Kmart single handedly made LA Noire a "maybe rent" to a "must buy" just by its deals.
I think I'm addicted to spending money at Kmart....

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Deals are limited to two per sywr account, so u can get up to two la. noires wit the deal - i'm not sure how its limited tho, u could try gettin 3 and seeing if u get and can use all three coupons lol

and u can do as many coupons as u want but its limited to one coupon wit the same barcodes (so... same coupon from the same deal won't work) also, u have to make sure u hit the minimum price

soo conflicted about brink, some ppl r enjoying the hell out of it, some arent... not sure wat i wanna do... :([/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM about your Brink confliction. I hope that helps!

[quote name='sasuke543']Josh, will Brink get the same treatment as did MK9 and Portal 2? One week after release it goes on sale for 39.99? :)[/QUOTE]
Definitely not; it is not how Bethesda rolls. I'm trying to work out a PSN deal though for when it comes back up online.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Fingers crossed that everything gets worked out with my LEGO coupon by Tuesday for LA Noire.
I guess I'm kinda lucky that this week was the first time I had any problems regarding the coupons compared to some of you guys.
It's weird how Kmart single handedly made LA Noire a "maybe rent" to a "must buy" just by its deals.
I think I'm addicted to spending money at Kmart....[/QUOTE]
You're good bud. If I haven't emailed you back I've got it worked out and will follow up with you tonight.

[quote name='jer7583']I mentioned kmartgamer with Ryan Davis from GiantBomb on twitter and he seemed offended. I think those guys aren't on that Kmart Tip yet. Josh you should buy them a drink at E3 and let them know what you're all about.[/QUOTE]
Sad face :( They have posted some of our deals to I thought. Maybe I am thinking of Destructoid.

Well I picked up Rachet and Clank:A Crack in Time for $5 today after my $15 coupon from the $60 coupon deal. Now I have to decide which game to get with the LA Noire deal. I am split between Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia. Anything I should know about one of these that might make it a deal breaker. If I had not just gotten Metro 2033 and Halo Wars it would have been a no brainer.

Your store still has Vesperia? I lucked out and found one buried behind a bunch of old 360 games in the case last year for 29.99. Still have yet to see another one since

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back