SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I picked up Rachet and Clank:A Crack in Time for $5 today after my $15 coupon from the $60 coupon deal. Now I have to decide which game to get with the LA Noire deal. I am split between Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia. Anything I should know about one of these that might make it a deal breaker. If I had not just gotten Metro 2033 and Halo Wars it would have been a no brainer.[/QUOTE]I can only give you advice regarding Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia (I didn't play Eternal Sonata and I've yet to start Resonance of Fate): While I've only beaten the former and haven't played the latter for more than a year, I can say that Lost Odyssey delivers one of the best classic RPG experiences in recent memory--it's a lot like an older FF, with a gripping storyline, likable characters, an excellent battle system, and great graphics.

Of course, Tales of Vesperia is getting to be somewhat rare now, so you might want to just pick that up and look for Lost Odyssey at a similar or lower price elsewhere.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You're good bud. If I haven't emailed you back I've got it worked out and will follow up with you tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you emailed me two days ago and I replied back with some questions about what we talked about, but I don't want to rush you or bother you any more than need be. I'm sure you're flooded with emails and stuff, so I figured that you'll get back to me when you can.
No rush, good sir. Do what you gotta do. As long as I'm good for sometime next week to get LA Noire and the other fun stuff, I'll be good.

Still not sure what I want to get with that freebie $20 game. I REALLY wish the Berwick store had a better game selection. The Wii, DS and PSP sections in particular are absolutely abysmal. I think I counted 3 or 4 different PSP games total. I just hope I can figure out a good title for next week. Sucks I bought so many Wii games for $29.99 in past month from Kmart considering nearly everything I bought dropped to $19.99! hahaha...

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yeah you emailed me two days ago and I replied back with some questions about what we talked about, but I don't want to rush you or bother you any more than need be. I'm sure you're flooded with emails and stuff, so I figured that you'll get back to me when you can.
No rush, good sir. Do what you gotta do. As long as I'm good for sometime next week to get LA Noire and the other fun stuff, I'll be good.

Still not sure what I want to get with that freebie $20 game. I REALLY wish the Berwick store had a better game selection. The Wii, DS and PSP sections in particular are absolutely abysmal. I think I counted 3 or 4 different PSP games total. I just hope I can figure out a good title for next week. Sucks I bought so many Wii games for $29.99 in past month from Kmart considering nearly everything I bought dropped to $19.99! hahaha...[/QUOTE]

Same here, but take your time Josh.

I was able to pick up Lost Odyssey and Qubed at my K-Mart and threw Animal Crossing: City Folk on the purchase pile as well.

Has anyone seen :wii:Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast at their K-Mart? If so, could you please let me know (PM me) - I've been trying to chase down that title for a while.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The news stores are removing the glass cases! No tethers like Target though. They will be up by the end of E3.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if that's a good idea...
Not sure how much you can talk about this here, but assuming all the games will be in an Alpha case, that seems like a big head ache. For both employees and customers, at least kinda... :/
I'm envisioning $60 games being left all over the store, people digging around, moving games on top of other games (which would create a hassle for other customers and employees, etc, etc.
I'm sure most people love the idea, but I have a few reservations. :/

Also... I'm a bit sad to see the nostalgia factor of the glass cases go...:cry:

Oh... Almost forgot.
There's no print ad sales next week.
It just mentions the $149 Wii bundle with Mario Kart.

quick question, i can buy two different games that have deals and get both, for example, if i get brink and lego pirates at the same time, they'll both print right? the only time multiple coupons wont print is when its teh same deal? (like 2 brinks wont give 2 coupons)

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't know if that's a good idea...
Not sure how much you can talk about this here, but assuming all the games will be in an Alpha case, that seems like a big head ache. For both employees and customers, at least kinda... :/
I'm envisioning $60 games being left all over the store, people digging around, moving games on top of other games (which would create a hassle for other customers and employees, etc, etc.
I'm sure most people love the idea, but I have a few reservations. :/

Also... I'm a bit sad to see the nostalgia factor of the glass cases go...:cry:

Oh... Almost forgot.
There's no print ad sales next week.
It just mentions the $149 Wii bundle with Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]

:applause:I agree! The moving around and scattering of video games, which could be selling, is only the beginning..

That would be an unwise move that would push Kmart's gaming department in reverse.

Keep the glass cases! It'd be cheaper and SMARTER to add an extra person to the gaming/electronics area of the store, if needed.

WHAT THE>>> Did they just sweeten the LA Noire Deal? I can use my $15 Coupon, Get a $20 coupon and a free $20 game? I think i'm in gaming heaven

Just in case there is still any controversy about the recent price drops being activated, I can now confirm that they are at my local store, and that the price scanners reflect the dropped price.

Hmm kmart or best buy for L.A. Noire. On one hand I'd much rather give kmart my money and the deal is sweeter but I'm not sure if theres any 19.99 and under game I'd actually want. Can anyone reccomend any good under $20 360 games?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I picked up Rachet and Clank:A Crack in Time for $5 today after my $15 coupon from the $60 coupon deal. Now I have to decide which game to get with the LA Noire deal. I am split between Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia. Anything I should know about one of these that might make it a deal breaker. If I had not just gotten Metro 2033 and Halo Wars it would have been a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

If you decide on the wrong one, you can always pick up another with the $20 coupon you get the same day (provided purchase is over $20). So its like 2 free games.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Tales of Vesperia looks to be a great game. If you can find it![/QUOTE]

It is a great game indeed but I already own it. I just looked at a list of under $20 games and sadly I pretty much own all them. Damn backlog.

While theres no contest that this is a better deal I think best buy is a better deal for me since I have $50 in giftcards there plus I'm banking on getting at least $10 for the dlc that comes with it. Kmart doesn't have any exlcusive dlc do they?

ok so something i wanted to point out that had me confused for a while. I stopped at 2 kmarts this week looking to make sure they had Metro 2033 for me to pick up with the LA Noire deal. I was disappointed because it appeared both stores where sold out of the PS3 version, i looked everywhere and could only find tons of the 360 version.

Tonight i just realized that Metro 2033 is 360 and PC exclusive, damn i feel like a dumbass.

Heres looking forward to Tuesday!

Kmart deal is looking sweet for LA Noire (which I'm on the fence with). Now, I'm only asking this as I have a giftcard for BB, but does anybody know if / how BB matches the gaming coupons?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Hmm kmart or best buy for L.A. Noire. On one hand I'd much rather give kmart my money and the deal is sweeter but I'm not sure if theres any 19.99 and under game I'd actually want. Can anyone reccomend any good under $20 360 games?[/QUOTE]

Either way it's win-win.. just sayin'.

There was a big storm this morning that has knocked out my internet connection. Ive been working through my IPad but I cannot answer customer issues without my laptop. I am begging the wife to let me go in to work around 3 so I can catch up.

That said, the storm also fried my 3DTV HDMI inputs, this week has sucked big time.

[quote name='JStryke']Kmart deal is looking sweet for LA Noire (which I'm on the fence with). Now, I'm only asking this as I have a giftcard for BB, but does anybody know if / how BB matches the gaming coupons?[/QUOTE]

extreme YMMV. I've never had any success with this and best buys customer service seems to be the worst of any retailer, not just for price matching but for anything. I avoid that counter at all costs.

I asked this last year, but never really got an answer. Do the deals work with layaway? For example, if I put L.A. Noire in layaway (instead of buying it outright for $60) would I get the coupon and free game when I get it out of layaway? I'm guessing "no" as that is a date past the intial week, but it'd be very helpful as I won't have the $60 during that specific week but would love the deal.

pfft you got your health, family, friends, a job and a wife that would put up with you going in at 3 the rest is just not such a big deal. With the tv send it to me I'll duct tape it up to my commodore 64 send it back and you'll have one sweet ass gaming rig. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There was a big storm this morning that has knocked out my internet connection. Ive been working through my IPad but I cannot answer customer issues without my laptop. I am begging the wife to let me go in to work around 3 so I can catch up.

That said, the storm also fried my 3DTV HDMI inputs, this week has sucked big time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There was a big storm this morning that has knocked out my internet connection. Ive been working through my IPad but I cannot answer customer issues without my laptop. I am begging the wife to let me go in to work around 3 so I can catch up.

That said, the storm also fried my 3DTV HDMI inputs, this week has sucked big time.[/QUOTE]

Did you open a box labeled Pandora earlier this week?

[quote name='sageridder']pfft you got your health, family, friends, a job and a wife that would put up with you going in at 3 the rest is just not such a big deal. With the tv send it to me I'll duct tape it up to my commodore 64 send it back and you'll have one sweet ass gaming rig. :)[/QUOTE]
All about perspective I guess, thanks for the reminder :)

[quote name='Buuhan1']I asked this last year, but never really got an answer. Do the deals work with layaway? For example, if I put L.A. Noire in layaway (instead of buying it outright for $60) would I get the coupon and free game when I get it out of layaway? I'm guessing "no" as that is a date past the intial week, but it'd be very helpful as I won't have the $60 during that specific week but would love the deal.[/QUOTE]
YMMV on layaway and coupons to be honest. I help out where I can but there is no official policy. Since stores do not give the coupon away for putting it on layaway and layaway ends after the redemption period, most send me a direct email to help them out, which I do.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Hmm kmart or best buy for L.A. Noire. On one hand I'd much rather give kmart my money and the deal is sweeter but I'm not sure if theres any 19.99 and under game I'd actually want. Can anyone reccomend any good under $20 360 games?[/QUOTE]
Enslaved is worth it IMO

[quote name='adamical']I think the amount of fraud with this system would be a problem, not to mention the tremendous workload it would create on you and your staff. My initial estimation is that it would dwarf the customer service issues you currently have to deal with in regards to coupons not printing out, etc.

IMHO, the only feasible means of doing this would be at the store level. You'd have to have some "K-Mart Video Game Release Day Guarantee" where if a store fails to produce a game on release day/week, the customer gets a $5 coupon/gift card/SWYR points or a free bag of M&Ms or something. Of course this means if a game sold out you'd be handing out a lot of gift cards, and this method would be subject to the same customer service deficiencies that are causing the confusion with not stocking games and not being aware of deals, so the stores that needed this sort of correction would be the least likely to benefit from it. To pull it off, you'd have to have massive buyin from corporate and mandatory signage at the store level in the electronics section.

It's a nice thought, but the feasibility is questionable.[/QUOTE]

I agree, too much potential for fraud from those looking for a freebie and it would be a customer service nightmare for Josh. I also agree with your idea of handling it at the store level. SHC already has a system set up at Sears where you get a $5 coupon off your next purchase if they don't have your store pickup item ready in 5 minutes. Kmart could use similar system for new game releases.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The news stores are removing the glass cases! No tethers like Target though. They will be up by the end of E3.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how they will be displayed but without something my Kmart, in the area it is located, will be robbed blind especially since there is not always someone in electronics.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Enslaved is worth it IMO[/QUOTE]

Enslaved was one game that I never felt a slight bit of buyer's remorse for buying it at 60 bucks.

As far as under 20 goes, I'm thinking Eternal Sonata or possibly Last Remnant. But there are a lot of titles under 20 bucks that are good games.

Hey Josh, I was going to ask you earlier in the week but forgot, wasn't there going to be a Super Hero Squad:Infinity Gauntlet deal dropping it to 19.99 or am I thinking of something different? Would love to pick that up for my daughter and I to play. Getting tired of Lego games. :lol:

I got a question, I purchase some game form kmart a while ago but I lost my receipt but one was email to me because of sywr. Can I use a printout to return item? I actually used sywr point for it, would the point be immediately return to my account once i return the item?

Kmart and their marketing strategies! LOL! A few days ago, I went looking for an older game and they didn't have it. However, I ended up buying other, non-game related, stuff!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Kmart and their marketing strategies! LOL! A few days ago, I went looking for an older game and they didn't have it. However, I ended up buying other, non-game related, stuff![/QUOTE]

OMG! I have no idea what you mean!

Man going to be getting soo much stuff on tuesday. I have to get L.A. Noire, 4000 point card, 1600 point card for a friend, plus other household items.

Tuesday going to be soo much fun. L.A. Noire, free game plus new maps for Crysis 2

[quote name='fujimitsu']OMG! I have no idea what you mean![/QUOTE]

He's saying that they sucked him in with a deal that wasn't even at his store and he bought other stuff though, meaning Kmart wins, lol. :lol:

[quote name='sadboy']^ Are you sure ChunLiBarbie is a he?[/QUOTE]

LMAO. The, only, reason I knew who you were talking about is because I wasn't logged in. Thank goodness for IGGY! I'm thinking that ZZ character is some kind of drunk or addict with the way it rambles on. The Fuji one is either EXTREMELY MISERABLE or audtitioning to be a comedian with the way it goes from post to post posting rude/sarcastic nothingness.

Eh, LMFAO ;)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Will 1600 point cards count towards the free 20 dollar game or less? Sorry if it has been asked before.[/QUOTE]

No. See the OP of the kmartgamer thread for a list of clearance titles.

I've searched the FAQ's and all of the OP posts and can not find an answer to my question.

If you use SYWRs to pay for the entire $59.99 purchase does it mess with the promo (coupon & free game with LA Noire)?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']YMMV on layaway and coupons to be honest. I help out where I can but there is no official policy. Since stores do not give the coupon away for putting it on layaway and layaway ends after the redemption period, most send me a direct email to help them out, which I do.[/QUOTE]

So after I get L.A. Noire out of layaway (2-4 months depending on amount of payments) just send you an email with my receipt and you'll be able to supply me with the $20+$20/game deal? I don't want to do this if it's a bother for you, I realize this arrangement is kinda ridiculious.

[quote name='sdcranford']I've searched the FAQ's and all of the OP posts and can not find an answer to my question.

If you use SYWRs to pay for the entire $59.99 purchase does it mess with the promo (coupon & free game with LA Noire)?[/QUOTE]

No it wont. After everything is scanned, and they hit the total button, it will take off the free game, giving you the total of 59.99 + tax, after that, pay them however you want.

I have a question about the LA Noire promotion. If you have the $15 and $45 coupons from the recent promotion, what is to stop the $15 coupon from deducting off of the "free game" and then just deducting $5 to make it free. It would waste the coupon essentially.

That sucks big time!! I do most of my Internet surfing off of my iPad (using one right now) and typing much more then a few sentences can be a pain. Plus between the virtual keyboard and spell correction (that doesn't always work right) whatever I meant to say is usually lost in the iPad translation.

I'm going to say that if my hdmi oututs fried I'd be over in the corner crying like a little girl.

[quote name='vivafriend5']I have a question about the LA Noire promotion. If you have the $15 and $45 coupons from the recent promotion, what is to stop the $15 coupon from deducting off of the "free game" and then just deducting $5 to make it free. It would waste the coupon essentially.[/QUOTE]

cardsharkrob answered this a few posts ago - all discounts will be taken off after the total is taken, which is then when u pay - meaning the game will already be free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back