La-di da-di, free John GOTTi

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='prmononoke']Plume, you wouldn't have anything to do with this, would you?[/quote]

Not at all, although, obviously, it's bad french for "black feather." It's a nick I have used for many, many years and has personal meaning to it that is realy quite boring to go into.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']It's like the lady got a call from that Alex guy and it was one telemarketer too many.[/quote]
Well, I understand that, but there seems to be a lot going on besides that.

She claims the cops are listening in. That means she had to be expecting the call. The cops aren't going to sit there, waiting for someone to call her.

I work at Gallup, and while we aren't telemarketers, we only call back on the same day if we're asked to. No one is going to be getting as many calls as this woman claims. Certainly no one will get so many calls that they can't call 911.

All the accusations are way off. One of my complaints with this is how "Alex" didn't ask her to explain what she meant. If there was some sort of story here, as opposed to just a call, this whole situation would be a lot more interesting. And it would make more sense.

In my travails at tech support centers, we were always told to not give our last names. I just made it a personal rule. And if people push me on it, I tell them I'll just hang up and let someone else deal with them.

ROFL:
Woman>YES THE POLICE ARE LISTENING. You can hear the click, listen.
*silence for several seconds*
Woman> ....I heard the click.

Also, I had many, many insane calls like this woman at one center. I might even have the call log somewhere, since I was required to write down whatever anyone said.

Lastly, note to every human in the world: Don't threaten the guy on the phone. He never, ever gives a shit. People used to try that on me at all times. "OMFG I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE NO ONE BUYS YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN." Everytime I said "ok" in a nonchalant manner, it pissed them off.

[quote name='prmononoke']Well, I understand that, but there seems to be a lot going on besides that.

She claims the cops are listening in. That means she had to be expecting the call. The cops aren't going to sit there, waiting for someone to call her.

I work at Gallup, and while we aren't telemarketers, we only call back on the same day if we're asked to. No one is going to be getting as many calls as this woman claims. Certainly no one will get so many calls that they can't call 911.

All the accusations are way off. One of my complaints with this is how "Alex" didn't ask her to explain what she meant. If there was some sort of story here, as opposed to just a call, this whole situation would be a lot more interesting. And it would make more sense.[/quote]
You're a terrorist. I'll make sure your taxes are audited every year.

[quote name='Strell']In my travails at tech support centers, we were always told to not give our last names. I just made it a personal rule. And if people push me on it, I tell them I'll just hang up and let someone else deal with them.

ROFL

Woman>YES THE POLICE ARE LISTENING. You can hear the click, listen.
*silence for several seconds*
Woman> ....I heard the click.

Also, I had many, many insane calls like this woman at one center. I might even have the call log somewhere, since I was required to write down whatever anyone said.[/quote]

Oh, I deal with insane people all the time. I also make a policy of not giving my last name. If someone really wants to know, I say Anderson. For some reason, people don't realize that saying "Don't call this number anymore" will get us to stop calling them. And really, that's the only thing that will stop us.

Also, now you all know that my last name isn't Anderson.

Okay, I think I am onto something here.

I managed to get a cleaner scan and compared the 3 and the 6 in question to my driver's license number, which, oddly enough, has a lot of 3s and 6s in it. I see the way he makes his 3 with a "flat top" then the hard point in the middle and then the bottom half is very round. His sixes are very thin: one quick fluid motion that starts at a point and looks more like a 'b' - this is very important to me.

It looks like he wrote the wrong citation code. Coupled with the other mistakes and errors on the ticket, I should be able to get this thrown out.

:whistle2:k

I think, unless they have them on the floor, I'll be SoL as far as penny guides go at Gamestop. The manager is a real asshole. Maybe I'll get lucky, though.

My friend told me that because i don't play sports I'm: not under pressure, not stressed, not unhappy....WHA?!!?
I'm fairly sure they have me confused with someone else!

[quote name='Strell']Sure he's not just talking to the Spanish character? He's the flamboyant hologram dude...[/quote]

Her backpack hologram? That's what I thought at first...until I saw all the items were in spanish and I tried to give her food when her health was full and she said something like Ricky Ricardo...

I meant that I hope he did that in game, and not in my PS2 settings, because that is what I found him messing with earlier.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Bored BORed boRED BORED![/quote]

Me to.

Playing Call of Duty 3 online right now.....it just isnt doing it for me.

Gears is kinda boring to now.........

I need a new game I guess.

Wow. If you ever get the chance to see Banlieue 13, definitely do. Parkour and David Belle are amazing. Such a great movie.

Oh yeah, by the way, I have been catching up on Civil War and a bunch of the tie-ins (I haven't followed any comics in about four years). My question is: when did Iron Man become such a dick?

I even caught most of the comic thing they had on the History Channel yesterday...I was half tempted to completely geek out and order the DVD. If they actually had interviewed Alan Moore, it'd be on my charge card right now.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Oh yeah, by the way, I have been catching up on Civil War and a bunch of the tie-ins (I haven't followed any comics in about four years). My question is: when did Iron Man become such a dick?

I even caught most of the comic thing they had on the History Channel yesterday...I was half tempted to completely geek out and order the DVD. If they actually had interviewed Alan Moore, it'd be on my charge card right now.[/QUOTE]

The History Channel is pricey. They want $25 for a DVD copy of just one 1-hour show. I'm not sure if that even includes shipping or not.

[quote name='Dkellar']The History Channel is pricey. They want $25 for a DVD copy of just one 1-hour show. I'm not sure if that even includes shipping or not.[/quote]

Well, I never actually got off my ass, so no harm, no foul.

Besides, I don't know why I even buy DVDs - I never have time to watch them anyway. :cry:

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Well, I never actually got off my ass, so no harm, no foul.

Besides, I don't know why I even buy DVDs - I never have time to watch them anyway. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Same here, though I'm hoping the summer might help to rectify that a bit. Since I'm broke and can't afford gas, I'll be spending a lot of time at home, and I'm hoping I'll be able to burn through my backlog a bit.

[quote name='rabbitt']Liquid, if you're on, check out Panacea's myspace for a new track![/QUOTE]
I think liquid is still banned per her request.

[quote name='Eviltude']I think liquid is still banned per her request.[/QUOTE]

liquid is banned?

liquid is a GIRL?

wtf did I miss?

[quote name='prmononoke']Ok people, in the next five minutes, someone tell me if I should watch Yakuza Papers Vol. 1, or Suspiria.[/quote]

QOW3001.jpg

I hope her book isn't too small to read...that's my suggestion.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
QOW3001.jpg

I hope her book isn't too small to read...that's my suggestion.[/quote]
I need to get these things back to Blockbuster though, so my next movies can ship. I think I'm gonna go with Suspiria. Yakuza Papers seems like it would be too much right now.

Edit: I don't know if you were pointing me to something specific to read, but I already have my next non-graphic novel book reading planned out.

[quote name='Eviltude']Maybe I missed it, but before you just mentioned that she was 20 and left it at that, which led me to jump to the conclusion that you were pretty much just a shallow mother-fucker(Obviously not since she had a kid :lol:) who dropped her because she couldn't go bar hopping with you.

Like I said, sorry if I missed the part where you explained all that stuff before, but once again, all I caught was ~"Yeah it was a terrible date. Turns out she was only 20!"[/QUOTE]

No, no, no, finding out she was 20 only made it worse, it wasn't the reason the date sucked.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, no, no, finding out she was 20 only made it worse, it wasn't the reason the date sucked.[/QUOTE]
But that is all you said about it before, so you can see where I would get such ideas, no?

Casey, I thought fox said t'was a she? Whatever though, I didn't know before either way and still don't :lol:.

whats the name of the tool song that had the clay animation video?

[quote name='Eviltude']I think liquid is still banned per her request.[/quote]that's sad.

Sweet, all my grades are in. Got B's in both classes. I'm happy with that, but it brought my GPA down from a 3.37 to a 3.27. I think I'll survive.

[quote name='Eviltude']But that is all you said about it before, so you can see where I would get such ideas, no?

Casey, I thought fox said t'was a she? Whatever though, I didn't know before either way and still don't :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back