Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='paddlefoot']Thanks to everyone who accepted my friend invite. I hope to get on some time tonight, but I have been known to get sidetracked ;)

For those that didn't accept my xbox live ID is FictionalFact (which I wish I could change for free).[/quote]

I just added you now, wasn't on xbox at all yesterday.

I'm down for helping him with EXP BH as well if only because of my horrific history with that campaign. Valve should have issued a god damn strategy guide, four leaf clover, a mock copy of the game with sledgehammer and a bottle of Advil for that map.

Free of charge. ;\

Just picked up L4D today and ran through the first campaign just in single player. Ridiculously fun. I have no idea why I waited so long to pick it up. I got it for 40 bucks at Target. Great investment.

Oh yeah, and if you want to play, it's Luftwaffles08 on live as well. If i'm in Fallout 3 (which I usually am), feel free to message me to pull me out.

I also picked up left 4 dead a couple of days ago.
Would like to finish some campaigns on expert or play versus mode with anyone, will add the CAG xbox live gamertag and see if I can find anyone to play
if you play with a guy named "falconkiiiiiick" thats me lol

I’m also looking for help with completing the campaigns on expert. Each time I try and play with randoms I get stuck with people who don’t use their mic and friendly fire like it’s going out of style.

Been recently spending time with the sniper rifle. After having used the auto-shotgun for a long time, I'm beginning to like using the rifle.

Unfortunately, it sucks when you have team mates who don't make sure that you're not being ambushed. >

just added Luftwaffles08 and falconkiiiiiick. I'm down to play campaign as well. AiNoGeist and I tried many times by ourselves but the AI was just too horrible to be able to win the No Mercy campaign. We need a team of 4.

Anyone feel free to add me as well.

We had a ridiculous versus match tonight. The final score was something like 5100 to 200, and in one level we killed all the survivors before they even left the safe room. I'm probably going to start playing this game more frequently again, so feel free to add me if you want to play versus or campaigns (I will even venture into Expert Blood Harvest again).

I almost hate to ask but how can a team suck so badly they all die BEFORE they can leave the safe room!?

Mind meet Boggled. Boggled meet Mind.

I now pronounce you man and frickin' wife because that is just... simply amazing.

[quote name='Xavin']Wow yeah wow. BEFORE they left the safe room? Is that even possible? o.o[/QUOTE]

It was on the third one, where you can place a boomer on the roof and puke on them as they leave the room. They kept trying to come out, but every time they did we would puke on them and they would run back inside. We pounced/grabbed the last two while they were still inside, and their "Average Distance Traveled" score was 2. I love this game!

Saw a bunch of you on last night, but Fallout 3 is like crack to me.

How hard is it to join a game in progress or get people into a game, etc. I have only ever play a couple games on live. Most of my multi-player experience is local.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Saw a bunch of you on last night, but Fallout 3 is like crack to me.

How hard is it to join a game in progress or get people into a game, etc. I have only ever play a couple games on live. Most of my multi-player experience is local.[/quote]

It's not hard at all... if the game isn't full you can just join a game in progress via the friend list...

hahaha that shit was funny in Versus last night... they got raped.

[quote name='IvanHood']We had a ridiculous versus match tonight. The final score was something like 5100 to 200, and in one level we killed all the survivors before they even left the safe room. I'm probably going to start playing this game more frequently again, so feel free to add me if you want to play versus or campaigns (I will even venture into Expert Blood Harvest again).[/quote]

Yea, I was telling my friends about that match this morning... they couldn't believe the "average distance traveled - 2" comment. Wish I recorded that match... can't believe we made it to the helicopter too. They barely made it to the roof, let alone call in the chopper.

Played online for the first time tonight with 3 randoms. It went well, but it was exactly like a real horror movie. Three of us were competent, the last guy just kept dying constantly. So when it finally came to get on the helicopter on No Mercy, he was swarmed by a hunter and a tank and died. It was somewhat appropriate for an otherwise pretty good gaming night.

Wow, this will be the last time I ever do public matches.

Me and my friend were playing the last campaign on expert and *SEVEN* times in a row a duo of splitt-screen buddies would join our game only to team kill. The last one that joined would kill us over and over by running together to the rooms we respawned, shot gun in hand and would unload on us before we even had a chance to kill them - and proceeded to do this over and over. We got to the last stage so it was annoying to start over. There was no way to boot them since the vote would always be 50/50.

If anyone wants to do the last campaign on expert send me a friend request, my friend is so-so but he wants to do it as well. Should be on this Sunday sometime.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow, this will be the last time I ever do public matches.

Me and my friend were playing the last campaign on expert and *SEVEN* times in a row a duo of splitt-screen buddies would join our game only to team kill. The last one that joined would kill us over and over by running together to the rooms we respawned, shot gun in hand and would unload on us before we even had a chance to kill them - and proceeded to do this over and over. We got to the last stage so it was annoying to start over. There was no way to boot them since the vote would always be 50/50.

If anyone wants to do the last campaign on expert send me a friend request, my friend is so-so but he wants to do it as well. Should be on this Sunday sometime.[/quote]

Yeah, this is what happens to me. I've only had this problem after christmas though.. Haven't really played since.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow, this will be the last time I ever do public matches.

If anyone wants to do the last campaign on expert send me a friend request, my friend is so-so but he wants to do it as well. Should be on this Sunday sometime.[/quote]
Don't let a few idiots ruin the game for you. I have great matches 9/10 times. If I were to quit playing a public game online because of some morons, I would have shut down my xbox live years ago.

Well for public expert matches yeah we are pretty much done since shots will kill us quickly. We are looking for teammates to take the last campaign on expert but no luck yet. Me and my friend went at it for about 4+ hours today trying to beat the last stage on Expert but the AI kept giving up on us. It's the only one I need to do outside of not getting any special damage achivement which I'm sure will be a lot harder now that most of the glitches are gone though I noticed the Tank did get "stuck" near the roof again, and once in the barn it completely vanished.

We have been playing a lot of versus lately and that's been a lot of fun for the both of us.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well for public expert matches yeah we are pretty much done since shots will kill us quickly. We are looking for teammates to take the last campaign on expert but no luck yet. Me and my friend went at it for about 4+ hours today trying to beat the last stage on Expert but the AI kept giving up on us. It's the only one I need to do outside of not getting any special damage achivement which I'm sure will be a lot harder now that most of the glitches are gone though I noticed the Tank did get "stuck" near the roof again, and once in the barn it completely vanished.

We have been playing a lot of versus lately and that's been a lot of fun for the both of us.[/QUOTE]

I have already beaten all of the campaigns on Expert, but I would be glad to help you guys out some time. Blood Harvest is a bitch, but it's still fun.

[quote name='seanr1221']Does the boomer refill vomit faster with the new patch?[/quote]
Not sure, but it sure seems like it refills a little quicker.

I've been meaning to retry getting Blood Harvest done on Expert...but Steam selling Team Fortress 2 at $10 last week has kept me occupied for the past few days. ;)

I played a few rounds of Versus tonight, hopefully it's just today but there don't seem to be many people playing now. I've run into three people several times in different games. Usually there's plenty of people playing at this hour.

Just got this game on Saturday (thanks whoever posted the $40 at target deal) and I love it. What a good idea for a video game. Unless you get stuck with incompetent/asshole teammates, the multiplayer is top notch.

[quote name='georox']Yea, I was telling my friends about that match this morning... they couldn't believe the "average distance traveled - 2" comment. Wish I recorded that match... can't believe we made it to the helicopter too. They barely made it to the roof, let alone call in the chopper.[/quote]

Most of my games in versus are like that. I have a core group of friends that just dominates other teams. We've had instances that finished the opposing team with 2 points, even though the average distance traveled was 1, and the multiplier was 1.4 - apparently L4D fell asleep in math class.

I know this is an old post and all but i'm new to CAG and i frickin love Left 4 Dead!! there is so much replayability due to the AI Director that its insanely fun to play and if anyone wants or needs a 4th, 3rd or 2nd teammate to play just send me an invite and i'll play with ya!!

i was playing a versus match online, and my team was murdering the other team, but one of my teammates decided to go on a team-killing rampage on the last act, so i decided to team kill the team killer, but at the end i got kicked for team killing lol

More updates to the Versus mode. I'm glad Valve is making an extra effort to try to balance Versus mode as much as possible. Although I am not sure if these updates have made it to the 360 version quite yet.

LEFT 4 DEAD
Versus Mode Changes
Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing
Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls
Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter
Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life
Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot
Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams
The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first
The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected
Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target
The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her
Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile
Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims
Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.
Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them
Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over
Server Changes
Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit the types of games that will start on their server. Default value is 'coop,versus'. Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those game types
General changes
Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when a living Survivor was still available
Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying would give more than the max primary ammo on restart
Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during level transition if voice_vox was set to 1
The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping
GameUI
Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the preference to match to games according to the player progressing through all campaigns
Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam Group games list
source:Kotaku

Being able to hit multiple survivors at once with a tank, increased smoker tongue radius, the 5 second bot idle when joining a game, and the boomer being shot in mid-air and nothing happening are probably the changes I wish would be made, and they have which is sick.

I don't know how many times I've tried the Boomer off the roof-top thing with no avail haha.

So once again Valve delivers on everything. Where are the dumbasses who were bitching that in this thread earlier, "OMG...The game is completely unfinished....verses only has 2 maps....you are paying to unlock stuff on the disc wahhh wahhh wahhh." Trakan, Panda...where are you guys now?

Yeah, for right now those are for the PC but they will be coming to the 360 soon enough. But the imporant thing is this...Valve is and will most likely be the best developer out right now. I have waited 6 or 7 months for some games to get even 1 patch that only fixes a handful of problems meanwhile Valve has released 2 patches that fix almost everything devopled a new mode and 2 new maps.

This just goes to show you that no matter what people will bitch and whine over everything.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So once again Valve delivers on everything. Where are the dumbasses who were bitching that in this thread earlier, "OMG...The game is completely unfinished....verses only has 2 maps....you are paying to unlock stuff on the disc wahhh wahhh wahhh." Trakan, Panda...where are you guys now?

Yeah, for right now those are for the PC but they will be coming to the 360 soon enough. But the imporant thing is this...Valve is and will most likely be the best developer out right now. I have waited 6 or 7 months for some games to get even 1 patch that only fixes a handful of problems meanwhile Valve has released 2 patches that fix almost everything devopled a new mode and 2 new maps.

This just goes to show you that no matter what people will bitch and whine over everything.[/quote]

I wouldn't give Valve props as the best at the moment(I give that to Criterion although they don't have the same great history as Valve)

regardless all your points are correct. They listen to complaints of the gamers, and deliver on those complaints. All those fixes were more or less things people complained about. Having people cater a game to YOUR or MY needs is an awesome feeling.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So once again Valve delivers on everything. Where are the dumbasses who were bitching that in this thread earlier, "OMG...The game is completely unfinished....verses only has 2 maps....you are paying to unlock stuff on the disc wahhh wahhh wahhh." Trakan, Panda...where are you guys now?[/quote]

I believe what I said was that adding the two other campaigns to Versus is shit that should have been on the disc in the first place and that it had better be free. I was not the one who said the game was unfinished. It most likely is content already on the disc.

Way to Soodmeg it up, Soodmeg.

Oh of course silly me...the great Trakan is never wrong.

What the hell are you talking about anyway? Look at what I actually wrote....I combined both yours and Panda's ridiculously complaints together.

Way to Trakan it up, Trakan.

The point is you came in here whining and bitching getting your panties in a twist for no other reason but to see your own posts for a while. It was very clear from the start what Valve was doing and what they were going to do in the near future. A month later everything they said they were going to do is here and for free.

So I will ask you the same question now as we did then before you, in typically Trakan fashion made a huge post of nonsense then when someone bust your balls you ghost out for months.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana Jones']I'm thinking of getting this game. Does four-player co-op require two or four consoles to play on?[/QUOTE]

You can have 2 players per console, so 2 consoles (local or over Xbox Live) cover co-op. Versus mode is 8 players.

BTW, the AI will fill in any "missing" players for you... and your friends can join in progress to take over the AI roles.

bread's done
Back