LEGO Deals 3

Oo … a little coffee cart gwp has leaked … hope that crosses over with the Home Alone release. Hmm, but should I return Corner Garage and put it towards the Home Alone set? Anyone have any strong opinions on Corner Garage?

Corner Garage is the first modular I decided to pass on(I have them all dating back to the fire house).   Just didn't look all that interesting to me.   Not sure if that helps you though. lol

The Home Alone house could be nice in a Winter Village set up.

Corner Garage is the first modular I decided to pass on(I have them all dating back to the fire house). Just didn't look all that interesting to me. Not sure if that helps you though. lol

The Home Alone house could be nice in a Winter Village set up.
First one I'm skipping too. I think it's the vehicles looking too much like normal City sets that cheapens it.

The original building itself looks better, IMO. MOC the first floor into something other than a garage and it'd probably look a lot nicer. Like a bookstore.

Edit: This is also a nice alternate build:

1000x800p.jpg

But yea, I really like the shape of the garage one, just not the first floor. I'd want to keep that general shape if I tried to mod it.

Last edited by a moderator:
First one I'm skipping too. I think it's the vehicles looking too much like normal City sets that cheapens it.
I was going to skip it, then I traded a bunch of sets for a used one at Bricks and Minifigs.

It is weird because it is the only modular I have that I haven't built myself. I imagine I am less enthused about it because of that, since I didn't get to experience the build. I haven't felt the need to take it apart, though.

It's...fine? On the one hand, it's something different, which I feel I ought to praise. There are nice details on the outside. But the inside is kind of strange, as is the entire concept. Because of the footprint, there's not a lot of space in the building. The animal clinic feels cramped. The apartment has more space, but doesn't seem like it uses it as well. The closet toilet...that's just weird.

Also, they do have stairs from one level to the next, but they didn't have room for doors or walls, so the clinic is open to the auto shop, and you can just walk right in the apartment. Designs are usually better about this sort of thing. I know it's silly to think about it as a real space, but could you imagine an apartment that was essentially open to animal and vehicle noises and smells all the time?

I would say the main point of interest is the auto shop -- if it intrigues you to have a corner modular with a drive-up auto shop on the lower level, that's the reason to get this. The rest is nothing we haven't seen before, and better done elsewhere. None of it is bad, but it's also just not terribly exciting.

If one has the space and/or means to expand it, this MOC makes it into a much better garage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsrEtjrf5vc

Yea, I ended up skipping once I realized it was a polybag. Didn't know it was available at Target though.

Got the Hogwarts Clock Tower from Target also, since it's OOS at Lego, and on sale + $10 gift card back at Target.

I should’ve double checked Target because astronomy tower is also on sale and a gift card.

I really miss Target having polybags in seasonal section. They’ve had the same ones at checkout lanes for awhile now too

What are Wizard Cards? Just noticed the polybag promo has one in it. Are they just to collect or do they work in an app or something?
They’re like cards that were included with the chocolate frogs in the first movie. They’re 16 to collect, each set might have a different amount.

Well, FedEx managed to lose / misdeliver one of my orders that was already a week late. Luckily just a $40 set … but makes me extremely hesitant to order anything else from LEGO this holiday season. If this is the level of service, I’ll shop in person or just wait things out for the next few months.

Also is Green Giants’ ban permanent … seems like we need more info … as someone that has been banned in the past 😒

FedEx is by far the worst service, IMO. A couple of years ago, I had 2 packages I shipped out just disappear into the void. Some higher up FedEx person helped me and couldn't figure out what happened either.

People hate on OnTrac, but I haven't had bad service in SoCal for OnTrac.

Ok … so I think I’ve uncovered something that could be the scandal of the holiday season for LEGO …

The Santas are different in Santa’s Visit and the Santa’s Sleigh sets.

One has a jovial, wide eyed look … the other a steely, furrowed brow. And it’s not just the faces … their outfits are slightly different as well, with one having the stomach bulge above the button and the other below …

Just imagine the implication … one of these Santas is an impostor. And if I were a betting man, I’d guess the Santa with the reindeer is the real deal …

Which means that “Santa’s” Visit … is really more like “Santa’s” Home Invasion … chilling

I messaged cheapyd about green giant and he had no info, he didn’t hand down the ban
Are you sure it wasn’t fake pizza Cheapy D? I think he manages the FB page too … I vaguely recall that Cheapy visited my profile right before my ban, so it’s possible that other mods use his profile to ban 🤔. I say that because I messaged him and he didn’t recall banning me either.

Is Thorbanh or something still a mod? Or Obi … IO something …

I’m just trying to think of everyone but the one bad Mod … 😎

I assume what etcrane said, other mods use the cheapyd profile for banning purposes or if shows up that way on the forums
Who knows

What if we say the names Shipwreck or Wombat three times? Does that summon them … are are they even mods, has anyone actually seen them on the boards outside the podcast? 🤔

It’s just weird because Green Giant has always gone on off topic rants in this thread without mods stepping in. Hopefully it’s a one-off. I’ll be disappointed if this place becomes like ResetEra with heavy-handed mods

Oh man … LEGO Luigi’s Mansion sets … didn’t see that coming.
I didn’t think about it either, there’s so much stuff hey can actually do within Mario. I hope the don’t screw it ip and bring it the rabbids into this, what we do need is a blarg.

RIP Green Giant … May this serve as a living memorial … I always pictured him this way …

_____ ____
.#########.#######..
.#######################.
.############################.
.################################.
.#########,##,#####################.
.#########-#,'########## ############.
.######'#-##' # ##'### #. `####:#######.
#####:'# #'###,##' # # +#. `###:':######
.####,'###,## ### # # #`#. -####`######.
.####+.' ,'# ##' # # # #`#`.`#####::####
####' # '##' # #_'# #.## `#######;##
#:##' ' # # ``..__# `#######:#
#:##' .#######s. #. .s######.\`#####:##
#:## ."______""' '""_____"". `.#####:#
.#:## > ) (

Lego.com says I'm in a queue, but the page just keeps refreshing every 15 seconds.

This is when we need Big Green Daddy Giant.

Lego.com says I'm in a queue, but the page just keeps refreshing every 15 seconds.

I put it in my cart right away, I’m going to the LEGO store in the morning to pick it up. In the rumor mill a Vespa was announced in the creator line, I don’t know how I feel about it but it’s most likely going to be a pass.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-ideas-home-alone-21330

Edit:

Best Buy has Star Wars advent calandra for $24

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-tm-lego-star-wars-advent-calendar-75307/6473973.p?skuId=6473973

Hermione polybag suddenly shows in-stock at all the Targets around me (not available online). Not sure if it’s the seasonal polybag because they weren’t out yesterday.

Also, the chicken suit stunt bike available at Target online and qualifies toward spend $50 get $10 gift card. Used it to push me over threshold

Same here. it took 10 minutes, but I was eventually able to order the Home Alone set last night. It just wasn't the same experience without a Green Giant rant about lego.com being terrible to keep me entertained while I hammered refresh.

I put it in my cart right away, I’m going to the LEGO store in the morning to pick it up. In the rumor mill a Vespa was announced in the creator line, I don’t know how I feel about it but it’s most likely going to be a pass.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-ideas-home-alone-21330

Edit:

Best Buy has Star Wars advent calandra for $24

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-tm-lego-star-wars-advent-calendar-75307/6473973.p?skuId=6473973
Of course I missed the calender...sold out. Thanks for the tip though.

Anybody been to a brick and mortar best buy recently? Wonder what the odds are of one of them having it in store are.

Anybody been to a brick and mortar best buy recently? Wonder what the odds are of one of them having it in store are.
LEGO is really sparse in store, at least in the ones around me.

Very surprisingly the tumbler is now OOS, it had been reported at Costco for $199.

Only store I’ve heard of is in Des Moines, IA, the item number is 1596550 if you want to check to see if any are in your area or on order.

That's a very random thing to be banned over. I'd assume something that was redacted that caused it.
I was kidding since we all bash FedEx in here. It was like CheapyD had FedEx stock or something. Anyway, this is funny:

Edited by CheapyD, 21 October 2021 - 06:57 PM.
Come on now

come on now, give us back our Giant!

Depends on the store? I went recently to one I used to frequent before COVID and there's probably more Lego than Blu-ray. Not really, but there's maybe 1/3 an aisle of Lego and 1 aisle of media. And this is a busy one that used to have a Steelbook section, an anime section, etc.

Depends on the store? I went recently to one I used to frequent before COVID and there's probably more Lego than Blu-ray. Not really, but there's maybe 1/3 an aisle of Lego and 1 aisle of media. And this is a busy one that used to have a Steelbook section, an anime section, etc.
Yeah. It makes me sad going into Best Buy now. No CDs, very few BDs/4Ks. Even the gaming section is lackluster now. Very few consoles and CEs.

Rolling the dice on maybe getting the Home Alone set when the coffee cart promo starts next week. If I’m being honest, I’ve kind of lost some of my hype around the set because it looks nice but the features are tied into the movie and it looks more like a doll house than a more adult-centric modular set. I mean … it’s LEGO so it’s kid-centric to begin with … but I may just cross my fingers and hold out for the new modular in January.

I’ve also been feeling like I need to cut back on LEGO in general, given storage issues … oh and I really hope the AT AT doesn’t look appealing to me … $800 … but what if it’s awesome 🤔😝

bread's done
Back