LEGO Deals 3

Finally ventured into a LEGO store for the first time in ages (maybe since pre-pandemic?). My daughter and I were messing with the Mario ? Block and somehow got it stuck trying to fold the tiers back into itself. Had to call over the professionals to fix it. lol

Said screw it to Double VIP and went ahead and picked up the new Winter Village set along with the DuckTales BrickHeadz. I couldn't pass them up.

After browsing the store I realized there are a dozen+ $200 sets I want. Gonna have to win the lottery or something for those. lol
Yeah, it's definitely rough on the wallet haha.

My walnart finally got in the marvel minifigures. I said screw it and just bought the last 6 packs there. Ended up with 2 new and 4 duplicates of course haha. I'm going to do a big ass list of my duplicates and cross post it to see if I can get some swaps going.

After browsing the store I realized there are a dozen+ $200 sets I want. Gonna have to win the lottery or something for those. lol
I’m in the same boat, although I did sell a bunch of older duplicates so I could get some of the current stuff but there’s just so much I want.

I was feeling nostalgic and looking through a Shop @ Home catalog from January 1997 (when my ‘dark age’ ended) and two things I remembered: the $3 accessory sets were awesome but the $100 sets were lackluster (or worse). And there just wasn’t that many large sets. One set per theme and a train or two.

There are some legitimate complaints about Lego today, but I do think this a golden era for Lego. That doesn’t mean I love (or like) everything they produce, but it is overwhelming trying to figure out how to make room in the budget (and literal room in the house) for all the $100+ sets.

Yeah, I’m having storage issues at the moment. The smaller sets are fairly easy to store, but the big sets are getting to be a bit much. Might be time to start purging some of the collection or slowing down on new purchases for me. Of course the 2022 modular is rumored to be a hotel … which I’ll almost inevitably buy.

Yeah, I’m having storage issues at the moment. The smaller sets are fairly easy to store, but the big sets are getting to be a bit much. Might be time to start purging some of the collection or slowing down on new purchases for me. Of course the 2022 modular is rumored to be a hotel … which I’ll almost inevitably buy.
I'm holding out hope for the 15th anniversary that it's a redo of Cafe Corner. hehe

A hotel the size of Assembly Square would be amazing.

So I'm dumb and somehow preordered the 10290 pickup truck twice (both times with different gifts with purchase). Will I be able to exchange one of them in-store for the full $130 (or for store credit) and still keep my gifts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm dumb and somehow preordered the 10290 pickup truck twice (both times with different gifts with purchase). Will I be able to exchange one of them in-store for the full $130 (or for store credit) and still keep my gifts?
I would guess no, but let us know how it goes when you try.

Not sure if it’s changed recently but they used to assign a retail price, say $19.99, for the GWP and if you returned whatever you bought to get the GWP, they would keep that $19.99. But I have heard other times the store just didn’t care and would refund you your full amount

I would guess no, but let us know how it goes when you try.
People in the past have said they could, but LEGO is even cheaper now-a-days.

The gifts do have a value. Maybe you could bring it back for a refund and they just take off the value of the gifts?

So the last time I had this issue, I expected the LEGO store to charge me for the gifts … however the CSR stated as long as you aren’t returning the set and keeping it as credit in the LEGO ecosystem, you can keep the gifts. If you returned it, you would be hit with the gift values against your refund (although you can only return online now). The best option is to explain you ordered twice and then ask to roll that set’s value into something else in-store … they most likely won’t hit you with return fees for the gift set(s) in my experience.

So the last time I had this issue, I expected the LEGO store to charge me for the gifts … however the CSR stated as long as you aren’t returning the set and keeping it as credit in the LEGO ecosystem, you can keep the gifts. If you returned it, you would be hit with the gift values against your refund (although you can only return online now). The best option is to explain you ordered twice and then ask to roll that set’s value into something else in-store … they most likely won’t hit you with return fees for the gift set(s) in my experience.
Interesting. I'll call customer service. Sounds like that may be better than doing it in-store.

Picked up the mini Disney castle today prob should’ve waited for double points but didn’t want to risk it going out of stock at my local store again.

I wish LEGO would stop using FedEx for shipping … two orders that are now somewhere after being on trucks “out for delivery” and then returning to the FedEx shipping hubs multiple times.

It’s amusing how the app basically lies to you for a few days saying the package is on its way or out for delivery … until it’s like a week late and then there’s just zero information or updates. Fun times …

FedEx has been awful. Between them and Lego's flimsy packing, if there's a set I care about the condition of the box, I seriously consider the hour drive to the nearest Lego store.   

I'll get into this Fedex sucks.  fuck it Fedex can fuck off.

I had an ebay package say it was 'handed to costumer' when I wasn't home Thursday at 3:30pm. All they said was it was delivered, completely useless.

The package should up Sunday. I asked my neighbor if they saw a neighbor drop it off, he said no a white truck did. fucking lying bastards.

I had a package delayed for two days because of 'weather'. It was 80F and sunny.

They also smashed my yacht freebie from LEGO. Which is such a great set by the way.

The Batman movie sets come out Nov 1 and are listed at Lego.com. ($15-$30-$80)

76179-1.jpg

76181-1.jpg

76183-1.jpg

Disney store also sells it, and there's a Chase cash back offer for shop Disney.

Never mind, guess it's gone from the site: https://www.shopdisney.com/lego-mini-disney-castle-40478-walt-disney-world-50th-anniversary-673419345798.html
yeah I had it on my wishlist on shopDisney, but held off to look for something else to reach the free shipping threshold and went back a couple days later and it was completely removed from the site

I wish LEGO would stop using FedEx for shipping … two orders that are now somewhere after being on trucks “out for delivery” and then returning to the FedEx shipping hubs multiple times.

It’s amusing how the app basically lies to you for a few days saying the package is on its way or out for delivery … until it’s like a week late and then there’s just zero information or updates. Fun times …
not Lego but I have had an order from adidas in my city for the last three days now, the status stuck on "In transit". Try to get in touch with a real person and unable to

Also a few months ago I got a text saying my order was delivered but I was at home. Checked the porch camera, nothing. That time I was actually able to get someone on the phone and they put me on hold while they got in touch with the driver. While I was on hold the driver made the delivery. Makes no sense.

I was debating earlier on buying a $95 Chima Yellow Passenger Train on eBay that was only missing four straight track pieces but passed. I have the last one, and the current system cargo train. I figured in 2022 we should get new trains but I'll probably regret it in the morning. Just completely out of space and trying to downsize.

Jang reviewed the big dark red Creator pick up truck. He said the color variations wasn't as bad as he was expecting besides on the 1x3 sloped pieces. This is why I watch some of the reviews.

I generally have this rule too, but those? Meh.
I think a lot of people agree with you because I was still able to get the deal.

I picked up the $20 City road plate set at Walmart for $12 and I’m not sure why. I just know someone more imaginative than me will be able to use them in a cool MOC

2022 Star Wars sets...

Hoth Battle Pack (75320) – 105 pieces/19.99€
Razor Crest MircoFighter (75321) – 98 pieces/9.99€
Hoth AT-ST (75322) – 586 pieces/49.99€
Dark Trooper Battle Pack (75324) – 166 pieces/29.99€
The Book of Boba Fett (75325) – 69.99€
Boba Fett’s Palace (75326) – 732 pieces/99.99€
Luke Skywalker’s Helmet (75327) – 676 pieces/59.99€
The Mandalorian’s Helmet (75328) – 584 pieces/59.99€
Death Star Garbage Compactor (75329) – 666 pieces/59.99€
Training on Dagobah (75330) – 1,002 pieces/79.99€
UCS Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder (75341) – 199.99€

While I’m sure I’ll end up buying “Boba Fett’s” (*cough* Jabba’s) Palace, I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not a more expensive set.

Also picked up the 1/2 off Harry Potter set … not really sure why, I love the concept of giant minifigures but these two are rather meh. Now give me a Vader, Boba Fett or Spider-man … and eh, even those might be meh … but I’d be intrigued.

My local Target had 4 of the Potter fig sets last night at closing,  and now zero stock today...decision made for me!

I really want a bunch of the smaller Technic sets (Crane or Hovercraft) that are only on sale with same day pick up, but there aren't any stores with stock.

While I’m sure I’ll end up buying “Boba Fett’s” (*cough* Jabba’s) Palace, I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not a more expensive set.

Also picked up the 1/2 off Harry Potter set … not really sure why, I love the concept of giant minifigures but these two are rather meh. Now give me a Vader, Boba Fett or Spider-man … and eh, even those might be meh … but I’d be intrigued.
Boba took over once Jabba was killed. That's why it's now his Palace. The Dagobah set is interesting as 1000 pieces and only $80? I think that one will be $100, the Euro to USD thing be damned.

I agree. I only bought the big mega figures because it's a fun idea, but why Harry Potter? Vader, any super hero would be amazing. I'm planning on trying to make Harry Potter into a Santa.

All the advent calendars are "sold out" on Lego.com except for Marvel. You guys are better at deciphering the "is it coming back" code, but if you really want one, might be best to bite now. I still see them in Target, Walmart and Costco. 

It's hard to tell in covid what sold out means on LEGO anymore.

An eBay seller I like had the modular police station for $135 and only missed the roof details. Went real damn quick.

Best Buy has a gift card offer on some sets, $30 gc with purchase of R2-D2. Doms charger offers $20, A bunch of the heads with $10.

Edit: home alone being rumored to be almost 4000 pieces $250

The next ideas round with 57 projects was supposed to be revealed right now but Lego canceled it at the last minute. They can't do anything correct. it's sad.

The next ideas round with 57 projects was supposed to be revealed right now but Lego canceled it at the last minute. They can't do anything correct. it's sad.
Always possible some of the proposed Ideas sets might be rolled into other existing lines (tv show sets, for example) which would lead them to delay the announcements. At least that’s what I’m telling myself so I can keep the dream of a Frasier set alive 😜.

Always possible some of the proposed Ideas sets might be rolled into other existing lines (tv show sets, for example) which would lead them to delay the announcements. At least that’s what I’m telling myself so I can keep the dream of a Frasier set alive 😜.
Then you don't announce the announcement. No one forced Lego to come out and say they would release the set pick Friday.

Is Frasier in this group? I didn't think that hit 10,000 yet. It would be perfect because the reboot comes out next year.

Jazz quartet and The Office will be made into sets. Snow White is a maybe.

People seem surprised and pissed about no castle or modular sets passing. People are stupid.

Here's the blog post: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e7bfb82d-38ce-4c86-8ce2-d0f910c42d02

Jazz Quad and The Office will be made into sets. Snow White is a maybe.

people seem surprised and pissed about no castle or modular sets passing. people are stupid.
You had me wondering what a Jazz Quad was lol. Jazz Quartet.

Neither winner really interests me. The Office looks really bland and blocky. Maybe the official set will have more detail.

Looks like another huge batch of sets are queued up for the next review. Surprised to see a Mystery Machine in there, considering Lego just released one a few years ago. Highly doubt that one gets made

I was having issues with the screen of my phone and gave up on trying to spell correctly. :lol:

I'd love another Mystery Machine. The last one didn't come with everyone and one of the women is worth like $50. However the theme was a failure, LEGO even admitted it didn't sell anywhere close to what they had hoped. Same with TMNT. really weird what people want.

What's interesting is there were two Office sets this round. Why did they pick the one they did and screw over the other person?

I keep hoping Lego will get the Spongebob license again. I'm pretty burned out on the show (having young kids will do that), but I'd still plunk down good money for updated versions of his Pineapple house, Krusty Krab, Chum Bucket, etc.

bread's done
Back