LEGO Deals 3

I really liked the TMNT sets I picked up and wish those kept going. There's a few more of those I'd like to get at a reasonable price, but I have all the turtles, the Shredder, and Splinter so I'm at least fairly satisfied there.

It didn't buy TMNT cause the minifigs were ugly. Make a set based on the 80s version instead of the Nickelodeon version.

I'd be really surprised if they don't cut down on the number of The Office minifigs. That's a lot of characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Velma only appears in 75904, the Haunted Mansion set.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I looked it and couldn’t believe it.

The tmnt characters did look like crap, I almost picked up a few sets a few times but couldn’t bring myself to it. My biggest regret was letting monster fighter slip by.

Other than the movie versions, I thought the figures were ok. The sets always left me meh, though. Considering how popular TMNT toys are, the fact that the Lego sets aren't particularly valuable confirms the weakness of the minifigs/sets. 

The local LEGO Store was super well stocked this morning, didn’t notice any sets that were out of stock … Grabbed the small Disney castle, Winter house, penguin and some little minifig and husky set. Definitely seemed like this is the time to start going before holiday shoppers pick the store clean.

Edit - so on my way out of town, I went back and exchanged the Santa’s Visit winter house and penguin set for the Corner Garage modular. While the staff thought I was nuts, I feel like the Santa’s Visit will be around awhile looking at the Gingerbread and Elf sets. Plus I’ve come to realize I just enjoy modulars way more and the garage seems under appreciated. Maybe it’s not the best modular, but I would bet it’s one of the least purchased. So I guess we’ll see what’s rarer in a few years …

Other than the movie versions, I thought the figures were ok. The sets always left me meh, though.
Yeah the figures looked great besides the movie ones. Like a lot of Lego the mini figures were the best part of the theme. The Turtle sub set is awesome, so much fun. The figures in it were garbage with gear on. I got it for $15 new. Well worth the build and play features.

Scooby Do had great figures and sets and still didn't sell. Velma on Brick link is now $70. I got the castle she came with for $54.

I grew up with the classic TMNT cartoon, but the character designs in the first Nick series are better than in the classic series and I thought the minifigures looked great.

Does anyone know how Bricklink stores get ridiculous amounts of rare parts? For example, there's a New Jersey seller that has 198 Velma hairpieces (unique to that figure). 

Seems like (and I say this from watching too many LEGO-related YouTube videos) there are a significant number of people playing the “LEGO as a financial investment “ game these days … so it wouldn’t shock me if some people were buying 200+ sets and piecemealing them out on BrickLink. Sounds like more of a headache than anything else to me, but I get the sense some people are dropping massive amounts of money into multiples of sets (like small warehouses of LEGO sets) and that the resale of the rarer stuff keeps their businesses afloat. I guess the bigger question is whether it’s all a bubble … but who knows, right.

Does anyone know how Bricklink stores get ridiculous amounts of rare parts? For example, there's a New Jersey seller that has 198 Velma hairpieces (unique to that figure).
Fun fact Bricks and Pieces has a limit of 200 per part. Only selling two in five years would be strange.

Bricklink store I loved closed because if all the sales piecing out the sets wasn't worth it anymore.

I wonder the same thing, although I also thought the bubble would burst in 2008 but after-market Lego kept booming. Even in the deepest part of the recession, people were paying 3x msrp on popular sets that weren’t that old.

It does feel different now because of all those videos touting Lego as an investment and retail arbitrage in general. Same with collectible cards. There are a lot of people who think they can buy any Lego set, put it in their closet, and when it retires it’ll soar in value. One dude was showing all his Vidiyo, City and Classic sets and talking about in a year he’ll try selling for 2x msrp. I mean, a literal box of bricks.

But I do think the bubble bursting on Lego would be different than other collectibles. Lego isn’t Beanie Babies. It’s always going to have some value. Unless society completely fails and then there’s bigger problems than if that UCS set is going to appreciate.

The Bricklink thing interests me, but it’s definitely a lot of work and not a get-rich-quick venture. I really like sorting, though, and really hate eBay so it’s appealing. I’m doing it as a hobby. To do it at a volume of a legit business, the appeal plummets for me.

I wonder the same thing, although I also thought the bubble would burst in 2008 but after-market Lego kept booming. Even in the deepest part of the recession, people were paying 3x msrp on popular sets that weren’t that old.

It does feel different now because of all those videos touting Lego as an investment and retail arbitrage in general. Same with collectible cards. There are a lot of people who think they can buy any Lego set, put it in their closet, and when it retires it’ll soar in value. One dude was showing all his Vidiyo, City and Classic sets and talking about in a year he’ll try selling for 2x msrp. I mean, a literal box of bricks.

But I do think the bubble bursting on Lego would be different than other collectibles. Lego isn’t Beanie Babies. It’s always going to have some value. Unless society completely fails and then there’s bigger problems than if that UCS set is going to appreciate.

The Bricklink thing interests me, but it’s definitely a lot of work and not a get-rich-quick venture. I really like sorting, though, and really hate eBay so it’s appealing. I’m doing it as a hobby. To do it at a volume of a legit business, the appeal plummets for me.

Profiting on a lego set is easy but turning it into some revenue stream is a huge pain in the ass that I can't believe people make work. Like, you're going to perpetually have a room in your house loaded with 500 boxes and constantly be digging through them to find the ones that have 2x or 3x'd just so you can list them, pay an ass load to ship, and then hope the collector buying them doesn't shit all over you because a corner in the box is crinkled. Bleh. It's nice when you can hit a yard sale or a good clearance end cap but you can't really count on perpetual luck to profit off of. I will say that I had the opposite experience during the recession though- my targets almost always had 75 percent off stuff at the peak. I got the second or 3rd iteration of the slave 1 for like 12 dollars or something and the original ucs batmobile for 60ish. But then, you know, stopped buying lego since I couldn't find a job lol.

Went to the LEGO store today for some white baseplates to add to the Winter Village setup. Wanted to get Double VIP on... something.

Ended up putting them back and walking out with the Haunted Mansion instead.

I don't do impulse buys, and that wasn't even one of the expensive sets on my want list but felt like getting something different. I also regretted not getting the old Modular style mansion before it retired. My daughter was with me and Halloween is her favorite holiday so it's something we can do together.

I watched Jang’s review of the haunted house a week ago. The amount of callbacks to the Adventurers line is great and the building makes a great centerpiece to a Halloween display.

I'm very surprised Lego didn't do a carnival ride set this year.

I never got around to the bricks and pieces order I wanted to place during double points.

Can't say no to the cheap Choo-choo's.

This also ensures it will be $50 on Black Friday since I'm buying now.  You're welcome guys.

Thanks for the heads up skiizim.

I love the haunted house but the only thing is the elevator never works correctly. Mine needs a link or two taken out but I’m just too lazy to take it apart and fix it

I guess there’s going to be some early BF stuff starting 11/10 at Walmart..com 11/12 in store, all $30.

75254-1: AT-ST Raider 40%

75947-1: Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue 50%

75940-1: Gallimimus and Pteranodon Breakout %40

I guess there’s going to be some early BF stuff starting 11/10 at Walmart..com 11/12 in store, all $30.

75254-1: AT-ST Raider 40%

75947-1: Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue 50%

75940-1: Gallimimus and Pteranodon Breakout %40
Better grab Cara Dune before zzzZzZzZ

I'll probably grab the Hagrid set though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'd buy those sets for $30. The dinos alone are probably close to that.

So the 2022 modular is supposed to be a hotel that's shaped like flatron building on Fifth Ave but not as thin. The first floor is supposedly very light tan so probably fleshtone. Then somewhere on the side there is suppose to be an art gallery.

It will be interesting to see how that connects with other sets.

Hopefully with all the horror stories about shipping issues, enough stock lasts until the sales/clearance. The City/Creator/Friends section of my targets is pretty thin but sets across aisle are a little more stocked. I just wished Lego qualified as a “toy” for all of Target’s promotions

Yeah. The details I read were on Promobricks which is German and translated so it wasn't really clear.

Series 22 figures were also revealed and we are getting a foal and an awesome wheel chair tricycle. Along with Raccoon, acorn head and some aliens.

I’ve been wanting an at-st so will prob bite on that

This is the first modular to interest me in years but won’t rush out for it

I’ve been wanting an at-st so will prob bite on that
Supposed to get a Hoth ATST in January.

Some new molds in 2022 is a new Scottish terrier (I think, I don't know my dogs) and a squirrel.

Also 14 Creator expert sets in the first half of 2022. Includes the modular, at least one vehicle and an orchid.

One of the Black Friday freebies will be a brick built camera. I think one of you joked LEGO will make a brick built toilet one day. I think you are correct.

I think I figured out the triangle corner hotel. 

Two sides will be parallel with the base plate so it can connect to the other buildings. Then the other side of the hotel will be very angled which leaves the room for art gallery to be and that will allow connections to other buildings.

One of the Black Friday freebies will be a brick built camera. I think one of you joked LEGO will make a brick built toilet one day. I think you are correct.

I think I figured out the triangle corner hotel.

Two sides will be parallel with the base plate so it can connect to the other buildings. Then the other side of the hotel will be very angled which leaves the room for art gallery to be and that will allow connections to other buildings.
Lol…. I saw a photo of it, really didn’t know what to make of it.

Camera, got my crocodile locomotive too, it was really dusty[attachment=36241:FC1F920A-6EF1-46A0-85BA-E61A8076ECC5.jpeg][attachment=36242:96A0D21F-7CCD-4644-9A25-B5E183467CB4.jpeg][attachment=36243:5A73673F-0D88-40E3-A818-A81BA522C91B.jpeg]

Yeah I do like the house, normally wouldn’t be in a rush to get it but it is pretty much a holiday time set
Might try to make it to the LEGO store on Nov 1

Hmm .. now the real question … try to pick up the Home Alone House on day one … or wait until there’s a decent Black Friday or Christmas promotion 🤔 … rolling the dice

Some interesting news. Lego changed the store calendars and removed the Harry Potter freebies according to random YouTube guy.

The next Bricklink shit show is November 9th at 3pm eastern.

If you bought some Stunts sets the bikes are faulty in the USA only.

Walmart has some combo sets for like half off. I got two friends pods and two small sets for $20, separate they are $50. Also a Star Wars ones.

Lol…. Where’s the secret Kevin?

Just noticed Amazon is carrying monkey king sets, I thought those were exclusive to LEGO.

Well, hopefully it’s a temp ban, do they even do that around here? He probably insulted the YouTuber by looking at his post but he can be so random at times.

Bring the Netflix LGBTQIA’s in here to reinstate him.
My guess would be some type of monetized link. That's how cheapy gets paid

Weird happenings. My stores still have the stuntz bikes on the shelves.

Hmmm, big daddy then green giant. I anticipate a new user showing up named "Large Marge" or "colossal dude" or...."Girthy Murphy".

bread's done
Back