Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the Xbox Platinum Hits Version of the game I remember when I got it I was kinda angry because I wanted to get the PC version of the game since I was building a new computer at the time that I'm using now and I ended up getting the crummy xbox version however I ended up just buying the PC version later on.

* this was in regards to Halo 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']

I'm only mentioning Ebay because I'm not too comfortable with Craigslist (the firearm thing someone mentioned a few pages back--gone HORRIBLY wrong).

[/QUOTE]

What the other poster said, and selling on craigslist is safe for the most part. Just don't be an idiot and decide to meet in some back alley. I live in an apartment complex about half a block big, and I just have people meet inside the front lobby where the leasing agents and other staff are. You could always meet someplace like a super market during the day. The biggest problem you'll have is not with danger but with dealing with the many stupid buyers, but you'll get a better deal in the end.

Also, learn to not be scared off by some news story. I mean, you know better thanks to the news, but don't just write something off because of a report.

[quote name='Tardcore']Just received my black controller and Forza 2 this week. Had to sign for the controller.[/QUOTE]

Nice, congratz. When did you order them, and did you get a shipping confirmation?

[quote name='pyoobez']The whole thing about buying Vista/Office is that it's cheaper. I've had mine for almost six months now and no problems. The only thing is, it's 20gb. I'd recommend just getting it for 55k and then getting Vista and maybe Office and selling them and using the cash to get a 60 or 120 gb HD, personally.

Here's the cue for someone to call me an idiot noob and complain about the ripoff cost of the 360. It's not that bad of a deal. Especially since there's apparently now a chance you'll get lucky and get one with Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance included.[/QUOTE]

pyoobez, 20GB is SO small for me (I have an Elite and I'm always trying to free up HD space). But the Xbox I'm currently trying to get is for my sister, and she's said that 20 gigs will be enough (yeah...I'll see about that ;)). She's mostly going to use it for Rock Band (with a handful of downloaded songs), Gears of War and a few other games. After I get her Xbox, I might try to sell a Vista or Office for a 60 GB HD--I'm also trying to get a 360 for a friend (he will probably need more 20 gigs). If either of them gets a system with the Marvel/Forza 2 bundle, I don't think I'll be TOO worried with the consoles Red Ringing any time soon.

[quote name='GuyLee']What the other poster said, and selling on craigslist is safe for the most part. Just don't be an idiot and decide to meet in some back alley. I live in an apartment complex about half a block big, and I just have people meet inside the front lobby where the leasing agents and other staff are. You could always meet someplace like a super market during the day. The biggest problem you'll have is not with danger but with dealing with the many stupid buyers, but you'll get a better deal in the end.

Also, learn to not be scared off by some news story. I mean, you know better thanks to the news, but don't just write something off because of a report.[/QUOTE]

GuyLee, I think I'll probably just have less of a hassle with Ebay (meaning more serious buyers interested, as you said), but I'm not ruling out Craigslist...just yet (I can always bring a friend along to meet the buyer in a public place for safety). If I decide to sell, I just want to get it over with and not be bothered with people giving me the runaround about buying (less of a chance on Ebay, right?). How much do copies of Vista and Office go for on Ebay VS. Craigslist in today's economy?

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']
GuyLee, I think I'll probably just have less of a hassle with Ebay (meaning more serious buyers interested, as you said), but I'm not ruling out Craigslist...just yet (I can always bring a friend along to meet the buyer in a public place for safety). If I decide to sell, I just want to get it over with and not be bothered with people giving me the runaround about buying (less of a chance on Ebay, right?). How much do copies of Vista and Office go for on Ebay VS. Craigslist in today's economy?[/QUOTE]

So far I've sold 2 controllers and 1 Vista. I listed the black controller for $25, and that went really fast. The white controller I had at $25 and had to drop to $20 after a week or two, and then it went really fast. Vista took me like a month to sell because I first had it at eBay BIN value of around $190. Once I dropped it to $120, I got a buyer really quickly. The eBay value of an auctioned Vista varies from like $90 to $150. However, there are also eBay fees and PayPal fees (if you use it) to deal with.

The biggest problem with craigslist is people taking an interest through email and then not responding. As long as you list a decent price for youself, it's like 4 lowballers/nonresponder to 1 legit. If you list at a cheap price, it's reversed. To help you through this, make sure you use an alt. email, and I like to give a fake name, as well.

So, compared to just going after the CL XBox, figure you work a little more to sell off a Vista and an Office, you get a lot of money to buy a new Xbox with a warranty.

[quote name='GuyLee']So far I've sold 2 controllers and 1 Vista. I listed the black controller for $25, and that went really fast. The white controller I had at $25 and had to drop to $20 after a week or two, and then it went really fast. Vista took me like a month to sell because I first had it at eBay BIN value of around $190. Once I dropped it to $120, I got a buyer really quickly. The eBay value of an auctioned Vista varies from like $90 to $150. However, there are also eBay fees and PayPal fees (if you use it) to deal with.

The biggest problem with craigslist is people taking an interest through email and then not responding. As long as you list a decent price for youself, it's like 4 lowballers/nonresponder to 1 legit. If you list at a cheap price, it's reversed. To help you through this, make sure you use an alt. email, and I like to give a fake name, as well.

So, compared to just going after the CL XBox, figure you work a little more to sell off a Vista and an Office, you get a lot of money to buy a new Xbox with a warranty.[/QUOTE]

I sold my vista no prob on ebay. I got about 170 for it.
You just gotta know how to list it well. You need to take some good pictures, add vital info in your title like Genuine, new in box, sealed, full, retail, etc. and importantly the sku number of the copy. Also numerous and good pics are a plus.

[quote name='decrot']I sold my vista no prob on ebay. I got about 170 for it.
You just gotta know how to list it well. You need to take some good pictures, add vital info in your title like Genuine, new in box, sealed, full, retail, etc. and importantly the sku number of the copy. Also numerous and good pics are a plus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, eBay is a good bet if you're willing to go through eBay and shipping. I don't like that stuff so I just craigslist.

You can get more on eBay vs craigslist, but it does vary. Doing BIN seems to get a better deal because auctioned off NIB Vistas (clearly listed as such) have gone for less than $100, whereas ALL the BINs get much more.

[quote name='GuyLee']Yeah, eBay is a good bet if you're willing to go through eBay and shipping. I don't like that stuff so I just craigslist.

You can get more on eBay vs craigslist, but it does vary. Doing BIN seems to get a better deal because auctioned off NIB Vistas (clearly listed as such) have gone for less than $100, whereas ALL the BINs get much more.[/QUOTE]
Im guessing youre probably looking at upgrades and not full retails. Trust me, Vista Ultimates consistently go for 150+.

Or I was looking at full retails because I was researching how much to sell my Vista for. A few months ago, the prices were varying greatly. Like I said, some were selling in the double digits, some the low 100s, other at around 150. The BINs were selling for the right price, though. I'm writing it off as an occurrence caused by the economy and poor luck.

edit: I just checked out eBay and it does look like prices are up/stable. Almost all are selling $140+ with most in the range of $150-$175.

I have (3) seperate accts for LSC but here's my question - Possible to play on account "A", max that out (1000 pts.) the immediately switch over to account "B" & play on that for another 1000 pts. (and so on) during the same 24 hr. period?

Won't LSC erase all those points earned somewhere down the road for Rules Violation(s)? I thought you could only rack up 1,000 pts. per day no matter how many accounts you had.

Thanks & love the website!

[quote name='caralisia']I have (3) seperate accts for LSC but here's my question - Possible to play on account "A", max that out (1000 pts.) the immediately switch over to account "B" & play on that for another 1000 pts. (and so on) during the same 24 hr. period?

Won't LSC erase all those points earned somewhere down the road for Rules Violation(s)? I thought you could only rack up 1,000 pts. per day no matter how many accounts you had.

Thanks & love the website![/QUOTE]

I did that for a bit and never got in trouble, but you will drive yourself insane.

I have 3 accounts and been playing them right after I finish one, I go into the second account right after. I have ordered some prizes from the 2nd account and recieved them, my 1st account is for racking up points for the 360 (account total at 54,780) and the third account is for smaller prizes.

[quote name='caralisia']I have (3) seperate accts for LSC but here's my question - Possible to play on account "A", max that out (1000 pts.) the immediately switch over to account "B" & play on that for another 1000 pts. (and so on) during the same 24 hr. period?

Thanks & love the website![/QUOTE]

I'm doing that right now. I basically maxed out my original account so I made 3 more. I do 1,000 on one, switch right over to #2 for 1,000, and then on to #3 for 500. I think if I did 1,000 on the third one I would go crazy so I only do 500 for that one lol. I do make sure I keep track of what prizes I order from which account so I don't order the same things to my home address. Everything else will go to my two sisters' houses.

I know this is completely pointless, but...

213nsxu.jpg

...playing Club Live at 4:50 in the morning...

[quote name='pyoobez']I know this is completely pointless, but...

213nsxu.jpg

...playing Club Live at 4:50 in the morning...[/QUOTE]

lolz I got teh captchaZ that was error and I kept typing in "error" and it did not work and would return teh same one. I had to close da window to start over:cry:

213nsxu.jpg

Very good! Sometimes, when I'm maxing out a fifth account for the day, this is maybe, just maybe, how I feel as well.

Does anybody else do the picture this trick where you can two of your accounts to play with each other? I set up 2 dummy accounts just so I could try it and see if prizes come. You can max out in 30 mins.

213nsxu.jpg

I was playing Flexicon at 4:50 in the morning. AfterI decided that I was going to give up on maxing out that account for today.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Does anybody else do the picture this trick where you can two of your accounts to play with each other? I set up 2 dummy accounts just so I could try it and see if prizes come. You can max out in 30 mins.[/QUOTE]

explain?

[quote name='mewcurano']explain?[/QUOTE]
You have two of your accounts on two different browsers logged in at the same time (I use two different computers, same thing). Then you click play now for picture this at the same time on both computers until you get matched up with yourself. Then you just select the same picture for both accounts and you get 40 tickets in about 1 minutes time on both accounts. Click play with same partner and go until you max both accounts out.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']You have two of your accounts on two different browsers logged in at the same time (I use two different computers, same thing). Then you click play now for picture this at the same time on both computers until you get matched up with yourself. Then you just select the same picture for both accounts and you get 40 tickets in about 1 minutes time on both accounts. Click play with same partner and go until you max both accounts out.[/QUOTE]

Just tried this and it is seems like it is going to take about 1.5 hours to max out. Is your computer(s) super fast/have high end specs?

I end up getting 31 tix before time runs out, cannot seem to get 40 tix. :(

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']You have two of your accounts on two different browsers logged in at the same time (I use two different computers, same thing). Then you click play now for picture this at the same time on both computers until you get matched up with yourself. Then you just select the same picture for both accounts and you get 40 tickets in about 1 minutes time on both accounts. Click play with same partner and go until you max both accounts out.[/QUOTE]

hmm, sounds cool, expecially because you'd be maxing out 2 acounts in less than an hour :D

The real question though: has anyone gotten any prizes from this method?

For now, I'm going to keep up with the anagram games. I'm working on my own autotyper as a summer project.

[quote name='mewcurano']hmm, sounds cool, expecially because you'd be maxing out 2 acounts in less than an hour :D

For now, I'm going to keep up with the anagram games. I'm working on my own autotyper as a summer project.[/QUOTE]
I'll be the ginny pig to see if any prizes show up. I'll going to order zoo tycoon tomorrow on one of the accounts and in 2 days I'm ordering flight simulator. Starting with small prizes because I don't want to waste time saving up tickets if nothing is going to show up.

[quote name='mewcurano']hmm, sounds cool, expecially because you'd be maxing out 2 acounts in less than an hour :D

For now, I'm going to keep up with the anagram games. I'm working on my own autotyper as a summer project.[/QUOTE]

I tried this once for a while using two different machines in my same house, with two different accounts, but never on the same machine. And I did get prizes from both of those accounts. I found I had trouble, though, getting the two accounts to play in the same game. I always got matched up with someone else 49 times out of 50.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I'll be the ginny pig to see if any prizes show up. I'll going to order zoo tycoon tomorrow on one of the accounts and in 2 days I'm ordering flight simulator. Starting with small prizes because I don't want to waste time saving up tickets if nothing is going to show up.[/QUOTE]

haha, oddly enough zoo tycoon was the first test thing I ordered for my typer. It's only been a week or two, but atleast the account hasn't gotten frozen yet!

I designed my typer to fix most of the problems with anagram solved. Mainly the unknown words and the problems when the puzzle has alot of 3 letter ones.

Mine takes a bit longer however, but it requires alot less clicks to use than anagramsolved.

I don't know about you guys, but I was actually planning on "buying" Ravenhearst... until I ran across a free coupon code for it! Find it on BigFishGames, then "Buy Now", enter code "holidayraven"
Everest is the same way, w/ coupon "freeeverest". I think both coupons expire at the end of the month...

You do have to install their game manager... but install that on a virtual machine or something, the games, then find the games in c:\program files\ and copy the big exe (it's a hidden file, so you have to have hidden turned on) and the data folder off to a flash drive. Still works, w/o the manager :D

Yeah they just put that notice at the top about 3 days ago.

Got 15.2k on main account that I play by hand, plan on ordering Vista then buying an XBOX. And got 2.8k (will get to 3.8k tonight) on side account I'm going to order controller, games, and other small prizes on.

Question, I see some people prefer Craigslist, some Ebay when they sell their Vista, but I'm curious what exactly are the charges that I would get with Ebay noob account and Paypal with a Premier account?

[quote name='8ball305']Just ordered my 360, now is the waiting game from CL =][/QUOTE]

Hope you're good at waiting. I ordered at 360 on 4/14 and still haven't heard a thing about it yet.

Also ordered a Zune Dock Pack and a T-Shirt on the same day (4/17) and haven't heard anything from those either. :roll:

still nothing about my 360 ordered it on 4/4 ... i emailed them and they sent that email saying what happens when you order a prize and waiting 8-12 weeks.

[quote name='rustyrage']still nothing about my 360 ordered it on 4/4 ... i emailed them and they sent that email saying what happens when you order a prize and waiting 8-12 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Good to know that I'm not the only one waiting, I guess. Wonder how far behind they are. Usually it seems that whenever i get a shipping e-mail, a bunch of other people post on this board at about the same time.

Has anyone received anything recently...?

[quote name='beatmania666']Good to know that I'm not the only one waiting, I guess. Wonder how far behind they are. Usually it seems that whenever i get a shipping e-mail, a bunch of other people post on this board at about the same time.

Has anyone received anything recently...?[/QUOTE]
Last Item I received was a White Controller ordered 4/11, shipped 5/12, received 5/18 I have several Items I know have been ordered before and after that that haven't come in yet. I have the lists of two of my friends as well, I posted what we're waiting on a page or two back. Has not changed since.

[quote name='beatmania666']Good to know that I'm not the only one waiting, I guess. Wonder how far behind they are. Usually it seems that whenever i get a shipping e-mail, a bunch of other people post on this board at about the same time.

Has anyone received anything recently...?[/QUOTE]

I got a copy of Tales of the Beatle Bard friday, no conformation.

[quote name='The93owner']Zune Dock Pack ordered 4/11 arrived today (5/26) with no shipping notice.

[/QUOTE]

I assume it arrived UPS? Sig required?

Sorry for being antsy, I ordered one of those 4/7.

[quote name='EchaniDrgn']I assume it arrived UPS? Sig required?

Sorry for being antsy, I ordered one of those 4/7.[/QUOTE]
Yeah UPS delivered it but no sig needed. My other prize (north face backpack) didn't need one either, even though both had "Signature Required" on the shipping label.

[quote name='The93owner']Zune Dock Pack ordered 4/11 arrived today (5/26) with no shipping notice.
[/QUOTE]

Live Search Club is so strange with sending prizes out. I really sometimes wonder if stuff gets backordered, or what. I got a Camelbak Bottle that I ordered 4/22 delivered today (5/26), but I still dont have any idea where my xbox 360 is from 4/4. Same account. blah :cry:

[quote name='beatmania666']Live Search Club is so strange with sending prizes out. I really sometimes wonder if stuff gets backordered, or what. I got a Camelbak Bottle that I ordered 4/22 delivered today (5/26), but I still dont have any idea where my xbox 360 is from 4/4. Same account. blah :cry:[/QUOTE]

arent those camelbacks sweet? I love mine.

[quote name='modchamp']The other Ogio Half Dome Bag is back, rest of the prizes look to be the same.[/QUOTE]

oh cool, now all that it needs to do is to stay up for another 3.4 days. I spent the tickets that were going to go for that on another controller.

3 new prizes added:
George Forman Grill 12750
160GB Portable Hard Drive 14050
Samsung DVD player 1080P (w/ Divx) 19150

Says limited time only, but not gonna get any of those, still think Vista is the better deal.

Anyways it's cool that Microsoft seems to still be interested in running this Live Search Club and hopefully will keep it going for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back