Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

I'm not talking about scrapping this league, I really am starting to like my team and I hope we continue it. I just wish we could move faster, though obviously there's no magic bullet for solving the communication problems.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm not talking about scrapping this league, I really am starting to like my team and I hope we continue it. I just wish we could move faster, though obviously there's no magic bullet for solving the communication problems.[/QUOTE]

I've got a gun. with real bullets. Dead People can't play madden.

How would this NOT solve our problems again:D ? :)

just an idea but those 7 or 8 need booted and those of us who can just sub till we find replacements or get tired of doing so..... there are a coiple new members in the other league

[quote name='sprice8688']just an idea but those 7 or 8 need booted and those of us who can just sub till we find replacements or get tired of doing so..... there are a coiple new members in the other league[/QUOTE]

I know me Widow and Bseti are usually down to Sub a few times a week, but this seems a bit drastic.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I know me Widow and Bseti are usually down to Sub a few times a week, but this seems a bit drastic.[/QUOTE]

Do we still have open spots in FL2? We should offer it up to either of them if so.

I also like this league and my team but at this rate it will be two weeks before I play a game with them!

[quote name='staticz']Do we still have open spots in FL2? We should offer it up to either of them if so.

I also like this league and my team but at this rate it will be two weeks before I play a game with them![/QUOTE]
bseti took over the titans and guarenteed a superbowl.... we must protect this house! lol

[quote name='sprice8688']bseti took over the titans and guarenteed a superbowl.... we must protect this house! lol[/QUOTE]

Truth! Besides, the Chiefs are looking to repeat in that league. :cool:

Cheifs 27-21 over the raiders...forte 60yd td in overtime....my next two opponents don't have owners (chargers, dolphins) I played the chargers already it was pdm0376 ne1 know his deal

team is the giants
looking to part ways with both WR steve smith 89 and WR anquan boldin 87 as a package deal or seperate deal open to any offers..
looking for a good RB and for a LE

Last edited by a moderator:
Does a want to sub for them tonight I get home at 1115 tonight I dont care who subs(you can even be a Superbowl champ stepping in for your friends team) :whistle2:]

[quote name='Tanabeo']Does a want to sub for them tonight I get home at 1115 tonight I dont care who subs(you can even be a Superbowl champ stepping in for your friends team) :whistle2:][/QUOTE]

I can sub are you EST time?

[quote name='Superstar']Not as a package deal :([/QUOTE]
i only would like to do them as a package deal if other deals are on the table feel free to send offers on either steve smith or anquan boldin and see what we can do

[quote name='Tanabeo']I'm CST time zone[/QUOTE]

i could sub at 11:15 central
i got a bye week this week anyways and want to play

It came up earlier with doom and mog...its realistic if u don't run away from them ball when its kicked when ur the recovering team, the defense for it is to let it come to you then make a play on it, if u try to run at it while the camera is flipping you don't have a channce. In your case u were playing as that middle guy and u tried to make the play right as I kicked it and u took ur guy completely out of the play

[quote name='BSETI50']I'll be on the sub scene tomorroww if ne1 needs one, how many games are left[/QUOTE]

I need another sub, (I think) not sure if I'll have time to play before the draft though.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I need another sub, (I think) not sure if I'll have time to play before the draft though.[/QUOTE]

Ill be on a couple hours bfore the draft so just let me know

[quote name='BSETI50']It came up earlier with doom and mog...its realistic if u don't run away from them ball when its kicked when ur the recovering team, the defense for it is to let it come to you then make a play on it, if u try to run at it while the camera is flipping you don't have a channce. In your case u were playing as that middle guy and u tried to make the play right as I kicked it and u took ur guy completely out of the play[/QUOTE]

i feel like that kick in a end of the game situation on a video game is unfair because there is no counter to it inside the kick return playbook and with the camera rotating its just too tuff to try to recover with a user controlled player. if subbing in a running QB is banned due to adjustment issues i feel like this kick should also.

[quote name='BSETI50']It came up earlier with doom and mog...its realistic if u don't run away from them ball when its kicked when ur the recovering team, the defense for it is to let it come to you then make a play on it, if u try to run at it while the camera is flipping you don't have a channce. In your case u were playing as that middle guy and u tried to make the play right as I kicked it and u took ur guy completely out of the play[/QUOTE]

first off you had no reasson to do the onside kick there was 2:30 left and you had three timeouts and my two scoring drives came of short fields from ur turnovers. second you wers stoping my offense the whole game. it was a cheap play there is no way to defend that play. there is no man ret coverage. it's a glitch in the game it was my one guy against yours. all im asking is that you play the game with no fluk ishh its clearly broken if you look at other the other league rules there made to prevent cheap unfair plays that clearly give the other team an advantage.

We haven't banned that in the other league either. I'm in favor of eliminating it just because I don't think it adds much to the game, but I don't feel strongly enough about it to make a crusade out of it. I've only seen a couple of people actually try it (and one was just goofing around to see if it would work), so I don't think it's an epedemic. I don't think anybody should be doing it once a game or anything, but it's a legitimate NFL play. The Chiefs tried it tonight on MNF (maybe that's where BSeti got the idea, lol).

Its not a high percentenge play....stop trying to recover it when the balls ten yards away from u.....I suggest u play against the cpu n try it out a bit....it wwas a perfect time for me to call it, having three timeouts was the reason I called it and there wwas 2:08 left....u can't say its not realistic bc in real life teams are using it constantly...new england tried one in the same situation with three timeouts against the giants two weeks ago...its a low percentenge play if tfhe person on the recovering team doesn't run away from the play

its a bullshit play regardless theres no question but if itz not getting banned dont use the front middle guy the cpu almost always gets it

thats not true because when I played doom I let the cpu try to recover it and only one man reacted to the situation and with the screen rotating its almost impossible to try and recover it user wise so I feel as tho its a bs play and be banned when it comes to a video game because there is no kick return play to watch out for such a thing.

Find your highest awareness linebacker, stick him in the #2 MLB spot for kickoff returns (that's the front center player in the KR formation). Then don't touch him. If he's got a high enough awareness, he'll recover those things the vast majority of the time, and then you have great field position.

Again, I agree with sprice and mog that it's probably a bs play in the context of Madden. But there are ways to defend against it.

[quote name='bvharris']Find your highest awareness linebacker, stick him in the #2 MLB spot for kickoff returns (that's the front center player in the KR formation). Then don't touch him. If he's got a high enough awareness, he'll recover those things the vast majority of the time, and then you have great field position.

Again, I agree with sprice and mog that it's probably a bs play in the context of Madden. But there are ways to defend against it.[/QUOTE]
same as subbing ur qb in mid series theres a way to defend the unexpected... but im glad u see where were coming from....

U just can't try and make a play on it right after its kicked...u don't have to let the cpu recover it, just wait till the screen flips and then make the play with the guy, damailman completely ran away from it, its a 50/50 chance if u let it come to you then react left or right or whatever it may be in order to recover it. It is not that hard I recover them almost everytime. I would not have done it had I known you were just going to run out of the way and hand it to me...

i personally think u have more shot on a real onside kick but u dont know when the regular ones coming and thats the problam... at least make it once a game

You can say there hard to defend, I personally think there too easy to defend, but its clearly not a glitch. If you have no clue how to recover it, then ya ur at a disadvantage but that's ur fault. I don't think subbing ur highest awareness LB in would help much, it comes down to whether u get a lucky bounce just like any onside kick. But it doesn't give anyone an advantage because both teams can use it once. I think if those who say its impossible to recover and that there's no play for it could actually see how easy they are to recover they'd think differently about it

[quote name='sprice8688']i personally think u have more shot on a real onside kick but u dont know when the regular ones coming and thats the problam... at least make it once a game[/QUOTE]

you mean u dont know when the surprise is coming??

you can only do the surpise once per game, it wont let you do it twice.

the regular one will say onside kick in the corner instead of kickoff if someones doin it against u

it didnt happen to me i see it alot in ranked matches and just think its a bs play but for me if u wanna give the ball on the 50 by all means go for the lil onside kick cuz ive learned how to stop it ..but it reminds me of the subbing qb rule that got banned cause it was disquised and to hard to stop....

[quote name='sprice8688']it didnt happen to me i see it alot in ranked matches and just think its a bs play but for me if u wanna give the ball on the 50 by all means go for the lil onside kick cuz ive learned how to stop it ..but it reminds me of the subbing qb rule that got banned cause it was disquised and to hard to stop....[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with the banning of the sub QB, but it was voted on by the majority. The surprise kick is a real play and was put in because it does happen. Plus the fact that you can only do it once a game limits its impact.

I don't mind a vote to ban it either though.

[quote name='Doomtime']I don't agree with the banning of the sub QB, but it was voted on by the majority. [/QUOTE]

Why not, out of curiosity? I thought there was pretty wide consensus on that one, and we still built in plenty of ways that people can still swap QBs.

[quote name='bvharris']Why not, out of curiosity? I thought there was pretty wide consensus on that one, and we still built in plenty of ways that people can still swap QBs.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the banning of it since it has no effect on me.

When people try it though, I just audible to a blitz because it's pretty clear on what's about to happen with the quarterback.

It's so easy to make a Qb fumble, I actually welcome the scramble.

[quote name='Doomtime']I don't mind the banning of it since it has no effect on me.

When people try it though, I just audible to a blitz because it's pretty clear on what's about to happen with the quarterback.

It's so easy to make a Qb fumble, I actually welcome the scramble.[/QUOTE]

i agree with this and the previous statement about not agreeing with the banning of it... tho i still didnt get how nobody could tell when Johnson was brought it... he's HALF of Mallett's size

also, i'm sure we touched on it but i refuse to go diggin thru the thread... since they've fixed the QB sneak, why is it still banned?

also, i'm sure we touched on it but i refuse to go diggin thru the thread... since they've fixed the QB sneak, why is it still banned?[/QUOTE]

+1

bread's done
Back