Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

Cardinals 17 - Ravens 14

The Cardinals win their 4th straight to go to 4-3, and get a bit of existential revenge on Fero for him beating the Patriots in the other league. It was a close hard-fought battle throughout. The teams traded TDs on their opening drives and it looked like we were in for a shootout, but it didn't play out that way at all. The Ravens took a 14-7 halftime lead, the Cards answered to tie it in the 3rd, and then won it on a late FG.

Really, this game could not have been more even. The Cardinals had 247 yards on offense to 232 for the Ravens, they had almost the same number of first downs, almost the same 3rd down conversion percentage (not good) and were almost even in time of possession.

Jake Locker took a bit of a step back after his huge week last week, going only 11-25 for 208 yards, a TD and a pick (when none other than Greg Jennings broke off his route, that was the first pick ever I could actually blame on my players, not myself).

LeSean McCoy and Steven Ridley split carries, with Ridley being a tad more effective (and scoring the TD).

Greg Jennings caught 5 balls for 84 yards, while Dwayne Bowe caught 2 for 45 and the score.

The Ravens had the ball with a chance to take the lead, but Brees through a pick right at the 2 minute warning to Pacman Jones (who'd had two previous balls bounce right off his hands). The Ravens were out of timeouts, so the Cards were able to kneel out the clock.

---
gg fero! One of the more hotly contested games I've played recently. Reminded me a lot of my playoff matchup with Zurezo (albeit with a bit less offensive ineptitude on my end), sometimes it's nice to be in games where you sweat the outcome until the very end.

It was a good morning of Football.

Chargers 17 - Chiefs 7

I subbed for the Chargers against Bseti's Chiefs and held Brady and his offense to only 7 points. Most notable play was a Forced Fumble and recovery on my 3 yard line during his opening drive. The Chargers are a really good team if some one picks them up.

Speaking of really good teams with no Owner.

Bengals 21 - Seahawks 17

Widow subbed for the Seahawks and the game did not start out well for the Bengals. After the Seahwawks started 14 - 0, Vince Young finally got a drive going but he ended up fumbling on a rush in the red zone and the half ended 14 - 0.

I really picked up the slack after I recieved the ball in the second half. And I ended up scoring 14 in the third and a final minute touchdown drive in the fourth for the win.

Widow was carving me up with Alex Smith in the first half but I kept him to a field goal in the second half.

Alex Smith 341 Yards, 1TD, ! INT

Ray Rice 94 yards, 1 TD.

Vinc Young 150+ Passer Rating, 9-13, 2TD, 188 yards, 32 yards rushing.

Me and Widow always have great games, glad I pulled this one out. The Seahawks are also a really good team if someone picks them up.

I'll sub for the Dolphins. Just want to advance us in the other league first.

Edit: Holy shit, this team sucks. I need to decide between Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman.. yikes.

[quote name='bvharris']I'll sub for the Dolphins. Just want to advance us in the other league first.

Edit: Holy shit, this team sucks. I need to decide between Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman.. yikes.[/QUOTE]

hahaha ya i know i subbed as them last week for a guy they arent the greatest but ryan grant is a beast

[quote name='bvharris']I'll sub for the Dolphins. Just want to advance us in the other league first.

Edit: Holy shit, this team sucks. I need to decide between Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman.. yikes.[/QUOTE]

Don't take McNABB sir.. just don't do it!!!! *shudders*

[quote name='Superstar']Don't take McNABB sir.. just don't do it!!!! *shudders*[/QUOTE]

Harder to say when the other option is Sexy Rexy. I've been staring at their stats for like ten minutes, it's like choosing between two different flavors of crap. I might roll with Rex, since shockingly he's a bit more accurate. He doesn't have the escapability of Donovan, but this O-line is at least decent.

[quote name='bvharris']Harder to say when the other option is Sexy Rexy. I've been staring at their stats for like ten minutes, it's like choosing between two different flavors of crap. I might roll with Rex, since shockingly he's a bit more accurate. He doesn't have the escapability of Donovan, but this O-line is at least decent.[/QUOTE]

It sucks man. Maybe it's just me but Donovan doesn't play like his stats say he should. I could just suck haha

Dolphins 29 - Giants 14

Grossman turned out to be the right choice. Sure, he wasn't especially accurate (6 for 15), missing a ton of wide open throws. And sure, one of the Giants' TDs came on a strip sack returned for a TD when Rex held the ball too long, but he still threw for 3 TDs and no picks, which is a successful day by Grossman standards. Ryan Grant was indeed a beast, carrying 18 times for 135 yards and a TD. Tony Gonzalez (81 yards, 2 TDs) and Derrick Mason (49 yards, 1 TD) were the only Dolphins to catch a pass. Meanwhile, the Dolphins D picked off Manning four times.

---
gg dvo! I liked how you stuck with the run even when you got down. Once you made the switch to Spiller you moved the ball a lot better, good adjustment. And sorry for not giving it back to you on the 2nd muffed punt, you only get one mulligan a game. ;) Madden did even things out a bit when my guy fumbled a kickoff later though.

[quote name='bvharris']Dolphins 29 - Giants 14

Grossman turned out to be the right choice. Sure, he wasn't especially accurate (6 for 15), missing a ton of wide open throws. And sure, one of the Giants' TDs came on a strip sack returned for a TD when Rex held the ball too long, but he still threw for 3 TDs and no picks, which is a successful day by Grossman standards. Ryan Grant was indeed a beast, carrying 18 times for 135 yards and a TD. Tony Gonzalez (81 yards, 2 TDs) and Derrick Mason (49 yards, 1 TD) were the only Dolphins to catch a pass. Meanwhile, the Dolphins D picked off Manning four times.

---
gg dvo! I liked how you stuck with the run even when you got down. Once you made the switch to Spiller you moved the ball a lot better, good adjustment. And sorry for not giving it back to you on the 2nd muffed punt, you only get one mulligan a game. ;) Madden did even things out a bit when my guy fumbled a kickoff later though.[/QUOTE]

yes the game was quite interesting although i thought i would preform better with Eli i was clearly wrong i need to focus on him a bit more and figure out what works well with him so i can open the running game up some more. also im hoping that Ingram will progess well next year for i will need him as a good strong power back but for now i think spiller has the starting spot
once again gg BV and thanks for the sub

[quote name='Deuce20602']are there any teams left open? the OP says no but i thought there were a couple. i got someone who wants in[/QUOTE]

Chargers and Seahawks have been open all season as far as I know.

[quote name='DVO21']the giants WR steve smith and anquan boldin are up for grabs looking for a good RB[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised there's no interest given how many teams have practically no one at WR. But hey, it's a running league I guess.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm surprised there's no interest given how many teams have practically no one at WR. But hey, it's a running league I guess.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have a good RB either haha.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm surprised there's no interest given how many teams have practically no one at WR. But hey, it's a running league I guess.[/QUOTE]
im surpirsed as well and considering how many great WR's i have on my team i can spare these two with ease i need a running back and i would very much enjoy having McFadden on my team

[quote name='LVPatriots']Chargers and Seahawks have been open all season as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Pdm was the owner of the chargers but I pm'd him he said he's all done...

[quote name='ballhawk20']Gg bills never seen somebody say hut an scramble to the left or right so much in my life lol but it's all good![/QUOTE]

yea him and LV, i call em hut n runners

[quote name='ballhawk20']Gg bills never seen somebody say hut an scramble to the left or right so much in my life lol but it's all good![/QUOTE]

Tim Tebow says hi. :D

Of course those are usually designed runs.

[quote name='BSETI50']yea him and LV, i call em hut n runners[/QUOTE]

Woah Woah, no need for a cheap shot. That was me playing Madden 11, I have a whole new system to be annoying and run with the quarterback in this game.

Are we still on track to advance tonight? Looks like there's only three games left (though one involves the commish, tsk).

Very excited for the big Rams-Cards matchup next week, which will be for 1st in the division.

he was trying to reach gb to play sunday nite to play wen i played tanabeo his 2 friends ed fn reed and man were spost to play sunday also. ballhawk played his game and hero cru said can play the cpu since hes 0 and 7. if edfnreed and man played it should b crus game and hero to play the cpu left

[quote name='LVPatriots']Woah Woah, no need for a cheap shot. That was me playing Madden 11, I have a whole new system to be annoying and run with the quarterback in this game.[/QUOTE]

U can't deny that u roll out on pretty much all of ur pass plays...even if there's no presssure u still scramble, if you got a righty qb you go right with a lefty u go left, its so predictable I donno how you beat me, do what you do mane its been workin against me the last two games...

Cru and I are sort of playing a game of cat and mouse. He contacts me, I respond, then he doesn't respond. I contact him, he responds, but his time doesn't work for me. I've been available all day everyday since Friday (sick), so if he wants to play sometime today I can. Anyone that has his phone number please let him know, also the earlier the better.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Cru and I are sort of playing a game of cat and mouse. He contacts me, I respond, then he doesn't respond. I contact him, he responds, but his time doesn't work for me. I've been available all day everyday since Friday (sick), so if he wants to play sometime today I can. Anyone that has his phone number please let him know, also the earlier the better.[/QUOTE]

tell me a time to give him

[quote name='bvharris']GB - Assuming we do advance tonight, do you want to get our game in this evening? I'm itching to ignite this NFC West rivalry. ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe. It depends on what time we advance.

[quote name='BSETI50']U can't deny that u roll out on pretty much all of ur pass plays...even if there's no presssure u still scramble, if you got a righty qb you go right with a lefty u go left, its so predictable I donno how you beat me, do what you do mane its been workin against me the last two games...[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, you should probably try blitzing your corners more or something. But that is not the case, espescially with Brees. With VY and Cam and them I do it a lot on slant routes, and just wait till my reciever has some space to throw. I rarely roll left and right and then scramble for a first in this game, unless no one is open.

[quote name='bvharris']No. There's also Jags-Texans and Browns-49ers.[/QUOTE]

subs needed?

donno if the jags have an owner...zero is hard to find....browns owner is usually playing something else but hes online alot.....donnno bout the niners

I heard there's more than one league? I would like to take an open spot of a team for another league if possible.

bread's done
Back