Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

Jets - 26
Broncos - 24

Damn! That was probably the tightest game I've ever played! With the rain coming down in Jersey, the teams were battling for field position all day. Jahvid Best put up some very nice numbers, picking up 188 yards on 18 carries, with 3 TDs, helping New York get out to a 14-7 half time lead. The Denver defense buckled down though, and the team came roaring back, overtaking the Jets 21-14 as the 4th quarter started.

The Jets responded, marching down the field, with Best picking up his final TD of the day. The Broncos started their next possession at their own 20, but two straight sacks by rookie DT, Rodney Tubbs caused a safety, putting the Jets ahead 23-21 with 3:00 left to play. The Jets tried to chew clock when they got the ball, but the drive stalled when Mark Sanchez overthrew a simple curl route by about 20 yards, forcing the Jets to punt. Denver seized the opportunity, as Matt Schaub finally got his legs moving, escaping a couple sacks and finding open receivers.

On 3rd and 2 at the Jets 31, Schaub again narrowly avoided a sack that would have knocked Denver out of FG range, throwing the ball away at the last second. Matt Prater made the 48 yard FG to give the Broncos a 24-23 lead with 1:08 left in the game. The Jets would not go quietly though, as Mark Sanchez got them down the field quickly, finding Dustin Keller over the middle for a 41 yard gain, putting the Jets at the Broncos 34 yard line. It should be noted at this point that crappy Jets kicker, Nick Folk, had already missed a 51 yard FG earlier in the game. So, every yard was critical here.

The Jets moved the ball carefully, getting to the Denver 25, before a HB dive play to try to center the ball on the field resulted in a very weird sack where Sanchez was destroyed before he could even hand the ball off, resulting in a 4 yard loss. With a 46 yard game winning FG staring him straight in the face, Nick Folk came back on, this time drilling it as time expired to give the Jets the win and move them to 2-0 on the season. Great game, Kaster. That last sack was kind of bullshit...but I guess that's Madden. Just glad it didn't cost me the game.

Jets
Mark Sanchez - 8-13, 152 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
Jahvid Best - 18 att, 188 yds, 3 TDs
Dustin Keller - 6 rec, 110 yds
Rodney Tubbs - 3 tackles, 3 sacks (he has 4 tackles on the season...all sacks, lol)
Karl Klug - 3 tackles, 1 sack

Broncos
Matt Schaub - 8-16, 207 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
Steven Jackson - 12 att, 72 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 39 yds
Aaron Hernandez - 3 rec, 49 yds, 1 TD
Steve Breaston - 2 rec, 98 yds, 1 TD
Keiwone Anderson - 5 tackles, 2 sacks (1 broken toe, lol)
Elvis Dumervil - 3 tackles, 1 sack
Raymond Gilbert - 3 tackles, 1 sack

EDIT - Holy shit! Anderson is out 7 weeks because of that broken toe. Wow! I guess I owed you that one for you injuring Tracy Porter on a stupid tackle in the JV League, haha ;)

I figured when you called timeout and picked another play you were trying to center the ball in the field, so I called an all out blitz. I was hoping it'd be enough to put Folk out of range, but oh well :p

I didn't really get back into it until I started going to Jackson, which I should've done earlier. As soon as that Keller play went for what it did I felt like you had it in the bag. Great game Nate.

Thanks for breaking my rookie safety's toe. I think I'll blame every bad thing that happens to him on his 41 jumping :D

I am glad I saw the Safety with the 41 jumping ahead of time. I started paying more attention to the draft classes in madden and it pays off. Before.. I would have taken him because he was "ranked higher", without looking at stats. I've learned a lot here!

Are 2 HBs enough to get by in this league or am I allowed to pick up an injury replacement for Shakim Simmons? My only concern is during big blow-outs when I basically run it 95% of the game...my 2 healthy HBs aren't exactly the most conditioned players with 87/84 stamina.

[quote name='Superstar']I am glad I saw the Safety with the 41 jumping ahead of time. I started paying more attention to the draft classes in madden and it pays off. Before.. I would have taken him because he was "ranked higher", without looking at stats. I've learned a lot here![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you took the other good SS two picks before me, I was irritated, hahaha.

[quote name='KasterDB']Yeah, you took the other good SS two picks before me, I was irritated, hahaha.[/QUOTE]

haha. I went into the draft wanting a FS or a SS - and the FS selection was horrible.

[quote name='Blade3D']Games left:

Saints-Steelers
Vikings-Bears
Bengals-Ravens
Chargers-Bills
Buccaneers-Panthers[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Any update on getting these played?

I know the Saints needed a boot, so I'll do that right now.

Saints 38 - Steelers 24

This one was closer than the score indicated, since the Steelers crawled back from a big early hole to make a game of it before the Saints were able to pull away late.

Thrax is definitely legit, he'll be a good addition to that division. He put on a great passing attack and didn't even have Mike Wallace for this one. gg dude!

Sadly for the Saints, Mark Ingram was lost for a long while (12 weeks), though Green actually looked much better once he took over.

Looks like me and the panthers are the last game and I hate to say it but its looking like its going to be played late tom. night, he said that he might be able to play tonight I have been on for 30 min and still nothing so I'm guessing its going to be played tom.

[quote name='Tanabeo']Looks like me and the panthers are the last game and I hate to say it but its looking like its going to be played late tom. night, he said that he might be able to play tonight I have been on for 30 min and still nothing so I'm guessing its going to be played tom.[/QUOTE]

I'll have LV text him for you. Hang tight.

[quote name='bvharris']LV says yanksrule can play now. Make it happen, fellas![/QUOTE]

good deal im ready when he is

Excellent. I'm promoting Tanabeo to commish so he can advance us after they play (it's past my bedtime!)

Thanks for playing this tonight, guys! LV gets the dime for setting it up.

Week 3 deadline will be Saturday night.

Bv you are commish again and we are on week 3 now

yanksrule got robbed in this one missed a few pick 6s that hit his players right in thier hands and he forced 3 fumbles but did not get any of them.

maybe it will return the favor in 2 weeks

Off Player Of The Week

HOU Arian Foster 178 yards 3 TDs

Off Rookie Of The Week

IND Dmitrius Sandifer 180 rush yards 2 TD

Def Player Of The Week

GB Clay Matthews 7 tackles 2 sack 1 FF 1 INT

Def Rookie Ot The Week

NYJ Rodney Tubbs 3 tackles 3 sack

Power Rankings
[quote name='Blade3D']I think I may actually move up to #1 in the power rankings, but we will see how that goes.[/QUOTE]
week3power.png

week3D.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']
Week 3 deadline will be Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, somehow I got it into my head that it was Wednesday. The deadline will be Friday night. If anyone already scheduled their game for Saturday and can't play sooner, we'd allow for that.

[quote name='bvharris']Scratch that, somehow I got it into my head that it was Wednesday. The deadline will be Friday night. If anyone already scheduled their game for Saturday and can't play sooner, we'd allow for that.[/QUOTE]

It is Wednesday

Edit: anyone up to sub for OAK? I'd love to play tonight around 10:30 est.

[quote name='bvharris']By "was" I meant yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Makes sense. I was backwards this morning, got it straight and then got turned around again. All I know is I want a day off :(

Wow #1 in the power rankings, is another great fall in line for the Giants? Will they lose another 9 in a row? Time will only tell...

most of u guys are all good at madden u just need to tweak ur play style... take advantage of what ur good at and use it.... i played fero the other day abd it was 0 to 0 with 3 mins left in 2nd half... he stopped running as much after i scored once thru a couple picks that i took advantage of and the score looked bad...i play alot of u guys who could beat me if u stopped beating urselves.... turnovers in ur own territory will cost u and make the score ugly... ..... anyway bills lions in 20

I won't start patting myself on the back for my power ranking just yet. But if I can keep that rushing yard average per game right around 250 all season, I can't see losing many games.

[quote name='Blade3D']I know I will fall in the power rankings, trying to enjoy it while I can lol.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's a joke. I've played two games...barely escaped my last one with a win...I have a bye in week 3...and then play the Pats in week 4. I also have both the Bears and the Lions on my schedule. I'll be lucky to finish at .500. Just having a little fun while it lasts.

Anybody got any DT's in the 80's their willing to move? I just need a big body down their, lookin to upgrade over sione pouha

Titans win 31-28 over texans...adrian wilson muffled foster on the first play to force a fumble returned by ayers for a td. Then brandon lloyd caught a tipped hail mary at half to go up 24-14. Ramesu came stormin back to take the lead 28-24 with a heavy dose of foster, but locker redeeemd his shitty day with a 30 yd td to britt wiith a minute left. Defense was shaky but got the job done...gg ramesu lucky td at half saved my asss

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I plan on going undefeated this season...lmao[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BSETI50']Titans win 31-28 over texans...[/QUOTE]

Whoops. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']So who else in the league besides Doom and I are getting Diablo III next week?[/QUOTE]

Is Diablo 3 a multiplayer game ??

[quote name='bvharris']So who else in the league besides Doom and I are getting Diablo III next week?[/QUOTE]
..me..of course..collector's edition incoming from amazon on release date

Already got mine preloaded :D

ME! I don't have it pre-ordered or anything...is there a good chance it'd be sold out at most places if I just try to go and pick it up somewhere the afternoon of the 15th? I know it has a midnight release at most places so I dunno if it's popular enough to sell out at midnight/the next morning.

bread's done
Back