Mass Effect - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pinnacle Station DLC Now Available 400pts

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Amazon.com is the only other one I think. Sucks.[/quote]

Bah guess i'll be getting the normal edition, i can't wait for this game.

[quote name='lokar36']Calamity,

does it let you keep playing after you finish the last quest or does it end the game.[/QUOTE]

Ends the game.

Just gather a bunch of your questions in one post and i'll try to answer them.

Yeah... I went to the worst possible planet first..

The one with the bugs.. the N one I think..

God.. going there at level 8 was such a mistake..

Against the chicks who can freeze time.. once they do that youre dead.. instant reload -_-V

Since you gotta beat the game 3 times minimum to get all achievements, two for beating it twice, two for the difficulties.. and I believe at LEAST 3 for all the squad achievements.. just start on normal.. even normal is semi hard -_-

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yeah... I went to the worst possible planet first..

Against the chicks who can freeze time.. once they do that youre dead.. instant reload -_-V

Since you gotta beat the game 3 times minimum to get all achievements, two for beating it twice, two for the difficulties.. and I believe at LEAST 3 for all the squad achievements.. just start on normal.. even normal is semi hard -_-[/quote]

should probably put a spoiler around what ur posting

Explored the majority of the extra planets, and I'm not impressed at all. They are pretty much all the same thing. The planets themselves look beautiful, but that's where the praise ends. There's usually 2-4 things on a planet - things to harvest, and then a short sidequest. Kill these, do this. Takes about 5 minutes per planet. Once I get to level 50 I'll be replaying to get the other sidequests not on random planets.

Managed to tack up my game clock up to 17 with this stuff, and can probably get my achievements up to around 500 without starting again.

Still just as good of a game as before, but don't expect all the extra planets to be amazing and filled with lush content. It won't happen. Only the main story planets have a lot of stuff on them.

[quote name='Brian9824']Also like to know if enemies levels scale in new game+

Otherwise it seems NG+ would be way too easy[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you when I restart my game later today or this week.

[quote name='whiptcracker']How's the enemy/ally AI in the game?[/QUOTE]

On normal, expect to die. On insane, expect to be dead more then alive. Other then that, they are fairly smart. They use cover, and come out to shoot you. They flank you, and usually can destory you in a few hits. Very challenging.

From the sounds of it, I won't be dissapointed with this game. Even though it is short, there seems to be so many different playthroughs possible that I will be playing this forever.

BTW Calamity, hows the VA? I would hate for the dialogue system to be wasted because of bad VA? More importantly, how the male Shepard VA?

[quote name='Dem']From the sounds of it, I won't be dissapointed with this game. Even though it is short, there seems to be so many different playthroughs possible that I will be playing this forever.

BTW Calamity, hows the VA? I would hate for the dialogue system to be wasted because of bad VA? More importantly, how the male Shepard VA?[/QUOTE]

Some of the best in a Video game. Better then Oblivion, that's for sure.

Commander Shepard has a great male voice, never heard the female one but I've been told it's just as good.

[quote name='Chroma914']I have a question for those playing the game, and I'll spoiler it, just in case:

Where in the world is that Kyle dude who is running some cult? For the life of me, I can't find where he would be!
[/QUOTE]

Found your answer.

It's in Hawking Eta system, Century. a moon called Prescrop. I'm about to do it myself.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Found your answer.

It's in Hawking Eta system, Century. a moon called Prescrop. I'm about to do it myself.
[/quote]

That's where I was! But I couldn't find anything on there? Any luck?

Does it matter if I let the aliens live at the end of noveria after the boss battle of matriach? I let her live and Rex seemed heavily pissed off at me

Well..?

[quote name='Chroma914']That's where I was! But I couldn't find anything on there? Any luck?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had the option to kill or save him. Of course, I murdered him. Just look at your map for a ! or X, I forgot which. There's 2 buildings, you need to unlock the bunker (wheres he's at), in the tall building. Rest should be self explanatory.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
Does it matter if I let the aliens live at the end of noveria after the boss battle of matriach? I let her live and Rex seemed heavily pissed off at me

Well..?[/QUOTE]

No, I killed them.. I've seen the good and bad ending, don't think it effects them or anything else.

Calamity how long do you you think the game will take if you do all side quest and every thing?
i have read that it can take from 30 to 60 hours if you do all side quest.
an the main story is 15 to 20 with out doing them.

[quote name='deadmansgun']Calamity how long do you you think the game will take if you do all side quest and every thing?
i have read that it can take from 30 to 60 hours if you do all side quest.
an the main story is 15 to 20 with out doing them.[/QUOTE]

On normal mode the game can be rushed through in 12 hours the first time, doing nothing but the main quest. Add a few hours as the difficulties get harder.

I haven't exactly done ALL the sidequests, so I can't say for sure. I don't think it would take me 60 hours, more like 30-35 hours on normal.

If you play the game on Insane, do everything, see everything, get level 60.. I'm sure you could extend it past 60. All guesses though.

I'm level 28 now with 11 hours but I do all the sidequest as soon as I get them. I want to get my moneys worth! I don't know how much I have left though, perhaps calamity you can tell me? I'm at the part where you need to scout out a colony that was hit by geth but no one knows why. It was a partner quest to the one that has you investigate the fiasco with ExoGen and their secret .

[quote name='Brenex']I'm level 28 now with 11 hours but I do all the sidequest as soon as I get them. I want to get my moneys worth! I don't know how much I have left though, perhaps calamity you can tell me? I'm at the part where you need to scout out a colony that was hit by geth but no one knows why. It was a partner quest to the one that has you investigate the fiasco with ExoGen and their secret .[/QUOTE]

Won't try to ruin anything.

You are pretty close. You're about 70% done I'd say once you finish those 2 missions. You got another 2 planets + the last mission after those. It goes by FAST. You are at the best part of the game, the story will start to really come to life quick. Have fun :)

[quote name='Brenex']I'm level 28 now with 11 hours but I do all the sidequest as soon as I get them. I want to get my moneys worth! I don't know how much I have left though, perhaps calamity you can tell me? I'm at the part where [/QUOTE]

I'm at the part where I wish people knew how to use spoiler tags.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm at the part where I wish people knew how to use spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't anything major really. Though I can see your cause for concern. Please to use the spoiler tags ;)

I'll answer any questions I can.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm at the part where I wish people knew how to use spoiler tags.[/quote]

Heres an idea.

Dont read the damn thread and post needless bullsheot.

Christ.

Is there any good part to use the "intimidate or charm your way out of an impossible situation" like is there one in every planet to try it at or what?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Heres an idea.

Dont read the damn thread and post needless bullsheot.

Christ.
[/QUOTE]
Not sure what your religion has to do with it, but whatever...

Here is an idea: Gain a basic understanding of how forums, and specifically this one, works. And stop being a douche for long enough to realize that this game hasn't even released, most of us don't have it, and we want a place to still discuss it without reading spoilers. Is that really so hard to grasp?

Go make a spoiler only thread if you feel so entitled to discuss plot points and gameplay tactics so openly in a thread made for an unreleased game and please try, for possibly the first time in your life, to think of others instead of yourself.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Not sure what your religion has to do with it, but whatever...

Here is an idea: Gain a basic understanding of how forums, and specifically this one, works. And stop being a douche for long enough to realize that this game hasn't even released, most of us don't have it, and we want a place to still discuss it without reading spoilers. Is that really so hard to grasp?

Go make a spoiler only thread if you feel so entitled to discuss plot points and gameplay tactics so openly in a thread made for an unreleased game and please try, for possibly the first time in your life, to think of others instead of yourself.[/quote]

where did i discuss anything about the plot?

Go back to second grade when you are taught what the PLOT is of a game.

Please.

Just an FYI and a break from stupid bickering--

Amazon.com is out of stock on the LE. Their page says they don't know when (or if) they will get more stock in. Glad I got my LE order in already!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']where did i discuss anything about the plot?

Go back to second grade when you are taught what the PLOT is of a game.

Please.[/QUOTE]

Lord help us. :roll:

Well you are lucky I am bored waiting for my wife to finish playing Caracassone so I can play Assasins Creed. Here we go:

Yeah... I went to the worst possible planet first..

Since you gotta beat the game 3 times minimum to get all achievements, two for beating it twice, two for the difficulties.. and I believe at LEAST 3 for all the squad achievements.. just start on normal.. even normal is semi hard -_-

Those are all things I really would have liked to have found out on my own, my first time playing. I even changed font size to indicate which are things I regret reading most.

I know I am not alone. And I have too much common sense and respect for my fellow CAG's to ever consider posting such details about a game without spoiler tags especially over a week before it's released.

I know you don't understand or agree, but some of us feel very strongly that when we have to wait until a release, and plop down $60 of our hard earned cash, we consider the reveal of every trivial detail of the game to be what we paid for, and why we paid for it (same with movies for that matter) - right down to the color of cod-piece armor you can acquire at level 15 1/2. You can think that's dumb or crazy, and that's fine, just try to respect it.

I'm about an hour into the game. I'm not liking it as much as KotOR or Jade Empire yet, but i'm sure i've got a long way to go in the game.

I'm doing the renegade path, just seems like more fun to be the asshole (I was also a Sith, and a Closed Fist).

Some of my favorite times in KotOR were when you could blackmail people then kill them. Best of all was at the end of kotor when you get the opportunity to have your party members kill eachother (trying to be spoiler free, even though everyone should have played the first KotOR by now).

it's just common sense to avoid the forum of a game/tv show/movie that you haven't been exposed to yet if you want to keep your virgin eyes from getting spoiler spunk in them. after all, forums have been around for a while now...
people who have been on them for some time realize that information gets posted no matter how many times someone attempts to chastise or discourage that behavior.

bitching about a light spoiler in the forum for a specific game, even before it's been released, is a bit like trying to hand out speeding tickets at a NASCAR race

you can try but people are just going to whiz past you and look at you like a weirdo

if you want to be 100% spoiler free, just don't click.

it's not how the intertubes SHOULD be, it's how they are.

AlGoreTipperKiss3.jpg

sometimes you just gotta resist the urge to look

unless deep down inside, you really DO want to know

Just got a copy at Fred Meyer in Burlington, WA. I'm fucking pumped and can't wait to get home. Posted the YMMV deal in the deals thread.

Here are some quick impressions so far of the game:

I'm roughly 3.5 hours into it and so far I'm loving the environments and characters. They seem to really come alive (due to amazing facial textures) and make the story more believeable. They blow the Oblivion character models out of the water in terms of animations, etc.

The environments and sound are very well done ... they add to a great atmosphere. You pick up tidbits of information from random characters and there are side missions all over the place, which are enjoyable.

I love the graphics - I kept the original effects on, although the game still looks great with motion blur and the film style turned off.

The negative element I've seen so far is the frame rate. It gets fairly chopping while running through town. Not too bad on ships, smaller environments, etc. It doesn't take away from gameplay, as most Bioware RPGs have this problem. It's probably more noticable for me after playing Call of Duty 4, which moves at a slick 60 frames per second.

Overall, I'm loving the game and can't wait to play it more this weekend. If anybody has any additional questions I can answer, let me know.

I am banning myself from this thread, since my dead xbox is taunting me enough as it is. Hopefully there's at least a deal going on by the time my repair process finishes.

Don't worry... I'm sure there will be no slowdown in a couple months when the grey special edition XBox 360 Super Premium Elite with HD-DVD comes out.

9.4 is damn good, but then again i've been starting to not really give a shit about reviews anymore. last few games i played i totally disagreed with the reviews. oh well, im picking this up tomorrow morning, woot woot.

[quote name='Cursor']Just an FYI and a break from stupid bickering--

Amazon.com is out of stock on the LE. Their page says they don't know when (or if) they will get more stock in. Glad I got my LE order in already![/QUOTE]

Amazon.com has been OOS on the LE for a while now. I preordered mine at the beginning of October and put 2-day shipping on it, hoping it would be shipped early so it would arrive at least before Thanksgiving. So far, still hasn't shipped... :(

It worries me that the review says there is substantial slowdown...takes away from the experience.

Also, has anyone found this on the shelves besides Costco?

bread's done
Back