MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think fedor has slipped much to be honest, at least physically. I think there is a definite change in his mentality though. There was talk abotu him retiring before this fight, and prior to the werdum fight. I dont think he has the same desire to fight to be honest.

everyone else is too good for him to erase the size difference.
We need a cruiserweight 225 division.

rashad evans was saying he would be cutting from 237 for his fight. fedor doesnt cut and weighs in less than that. hes too small to be fighting guys that cut to make 265.

[quote name='paz9x']everyone else is too good for him to erase the size difference.
We need a cruiserweight 225 division.

rashad evans was saying he would be cutting from 237 for his fight. fedor doesnt cut and weighs in less than that. hes too small to be fighting guys that cut to make 265.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Fedor is basically in what became "The Randy Couture Zone" a few years ago. Randy was a top HW champion, beat Tim Sylvia when nobody thought he could, and was back on top of the world. Then came Brock and all the other really big HWs and it was just unrealistic to expect Randy to compete there. But at least for Randy, he had fought at 205 before, and could easily get back there again. Fedor won't make those same compromises.

In all honesty, just looking at Fedor, he doesn't look like he gives a shit. If I let my mind wander, I start to envision a guy who never wanted to be a fighter, but was forced into it by the Russian Mafia. Twenty years from now, we'll get Fedor's biography, saying how he always dreamed of being in the Russian Balet, but was forced into fighting, and had his entire life dictated by M1-Global. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but based on the look on his face, you'd think it were true.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']4 KOs in his first 15 fights, compared to 3 in his last 4? And he played it safe vs Silva. Plus, his first three knockout losses came early in his career.

He has seemed off after getting KO'd by Fedor.[/QUOTE]

I DO think he should retire, simply because his chin cannot take anything from any decent puncher, but not just BECAUSE he got knocked out this time. See what I'm saying? He's always had a bad chin, thats just a fact but I still think he should retire these days because everyone knows his weakness and just headhunts for one fight ending shot. He won't be successful any longer in his career.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn, Fedor finally ran into a fighter who knew how to use his size properly (comparing Silva to Schilt and Choi was a joke). There's just no place for a 230 pound Heavyweight anymore. That fight was like going into a time machine of 6 years ago in the UFC. Mark my words, in 5-7 years there will be a Super Heavyweight division at 235-240. There was absolutely nothing Fedor could do to prevent that mauling.[/QUOTE]
I agree with it.I don't think its so much as Fedor is slowing down as much as hes fighting more current better fighters and with Bigfoot really showed a huge size difference fighting a big but fighter with pretty good skills all around as well.Fedor just couldn't seem to buck him off.

If theres a divison added then I think it'll be the Crusierweight divison for 206-225 like Ohio did.One potential problem seems to be depth and it'll leave Heavyweight a little bit dried up if too many move to a more well suited weightclass since although is there a growing number of cutting Heavyweights its not there just yet.For top Heavyweights there's Brock(Although with his new diet I hear he doesn't cut anymore),Shane Carwin,Bigfoot Silva.... and to be honest thats about it or all that I can think of at the moment.Everyone else could seemingly make 225 if they wanted or one would assume so.

I'm all for Arlovski retiring.Hes still sharp physically and skill set wise just his chin can't seem to take it anymore.What happened to Chuck seems to be happening to Arlovski these days.

I think for his legacy it would probably be better for Fedor to go ahead and retire now after that beatdown,but as a fan I'm still pretty happy with seeing more fights :lol:.

Cro Cop is one guy though I would love to see fighting at Light Heavyweight.He should have went down there a long time ago being only only about 225-230 depending on how the training camp went and his pudgeyness.

[quote name='Magiblaze']If theres a divison added then I think it'll be the Crusierweight divison for 206-225 like Ohio did.One potential problem seems to be depth and it'll leave Heavyweight a little bit dried up if too many move to a more well suited weightclass since although is there a growing number of cutting Heavyweights its not there just yet.For top Heavyweights there's Brock(Although with his new diet I hear he doesn't cut anymore),Shane Carwin,Bigfoot Silva.... and to be honest thats about it or all that I can think of at the moment.Everyone else could seemingly make 225 if they wanted or one would assume so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. I don't know if I like 225 being the cutoff though. That seems to really be undercutting the problem since most guys who are around 220 already cut to make 205. I guess they wouldn't have to do that anymore, but there's still a big gap between 226 and 265.

As far as legit Heavyweights, you'd still have guys like Frank Mir, Alistair Overeem, Josh Barnett, Cole Konrad, Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, etc. Then you'd have the 240 guys who would have to decide which way to go (Cain, Dos Santos, Big Nog). Sure, the talent would be thinned out (especially with guys spanning two orgs), but it would make room for new guys as well. The divisions being thin is the reason I think it won't happen for a few years. But it's definitely something that is needed.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's true. I don't know if I like 225 being the cutoff though. That seems to really be undercutting the problem since most guys who are around 220 already cut to make 205. I guess they wouldn't have to do that anymore, but there's still a big gap between 226 and 265.

As far as legit Heavyweights, you'd still have guys like Frank Mir, Alistair Overeem, Josh Barnett, Cole Konrad, Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, etc. Then you'd have the 240 guys who would have to decide which way to go (Cain, Dos Santos, Big Nog). Sure, the talent would be thinned out (especially with guys spanning two orgs), but it would make room for new guys as well. The divisions being thin is the reason I think it won't happen for a few years. But it's definitely something that is needed.[/QUOTE]

i think 225 would be a good spot for the cutoff, possibly 230. that makes room for guys between 240-250 to fill that division. Like you said though, its just short on talent in those weights. im sure as the sport progresses we will see something like that happen.

Currently i think its just a tough spot for fighters sitting closer to the 206 end of HW.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's true. I don't know if I like 225 being the cutoff though. That seems to really be undercutting the problem since most guys who are around 220 already cut to make 205. I guess they wouldn't have to do that anymore, but there's still a big gap between 226 and 265.

As far as legit Heavyweights, you'd still have guys like Frank Mir, Alistair Overeem, Josh Barnett, Cole Konrad, Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, etc. Then you'd have the 240 guys who would have to decide which way to go (Cain, Dos Santos, Big Nog). Sure, the talent would be thinned out (especially with guys spanning two orgs), but it would make room for new guys as well. The divisions being thin is the reason I think it won't happen for a few years. But it's definitely something that is needed.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you guy,the talent would be too thinned out being the biggest reason they wouldn't do it.Although I'm sure everyone wouldn't jump to the division as soon as it was made but most of the current Heavyweights probably could.Even Frank Mir has talked about/thought about moving down to 205 and although I don't quite think he could make it but I'm sure he could make 225 especially since he got rid of his idea of needing to bulk up even more against bigger guys.Allistair use to be at 205 until about 4 years ago and even though his body has grown out it seems reasonable to think he could make 225.Pretty sure Barnnet could make it to if he wanted as well.

Not too sure about Konrad,Nelson or Rothwell but having seen Konrad theres lots of flabs it looks like he could lose if its possible and Nelson's stomach speaks for itself but people seem to settle for he's just naturally fat as an answer and leave it at that.Although everyone's bodies are different so could be wrong about some of these guys :lol:.

[quote name='Magiblaze']I totally agree with you guy,the talent would be too thinned out being the biggest reason they wouldn't do it.Although I'm sure everyone wouldn't jump to the division as soon as it was made but most of the current Heavyweights probably could.Even Frank Mir has talked about/thought about moving down to 205 and although I don't quite think he could make it but I'm sure he could make 225 especially since he got rid of his idea of needing to bulk up even more against bigger guys.Allistair use to be at 205 until about 4 years ago and even though his body has grown out it seems reasonable to think he could make 225.Pretty sure Barnnet could make it to if he wanted as well.

Not too sure about Konrad,Nelson or Rothwell but having seen Konrad theres lots of flabs it looks like he could lose if its possible and Nelson's stomach speaks for itself but people seem to settle for he's just naturally fat as an answer and leave it at that.Although everyone's bodies are different so could be wrong about some of these guys :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wasn't really talking about what guys COULD make 225. More so what guys would be motivated to. For that matter, Fedor COULD make 205 if he was motivated to. But he's not going to.

If Fedor's not retiring, then what next? I mean, let's just say Fedor doesn't get back into the tourney, then what? Would a fight with Overeem still be a big money fight? Maybe let him maul someone like Herschel Walker? Possibly a rematch against Werdum?

[quote name='ShinSolidus']If Fedor's not retiring, then what next? I mean, let's just say Fedor doesn't get back into the tourney, then what? Would a fight with Overeem still be a big money fight? Maybe let him maul someone like Herschel Walker? Possibly a rematch against Werdum?[/QUOTE]

I think a rematch with Werdum would be interesting. I don't think you can completely write off Fedor just yet, but he very well could be past the top contender stage of his career. At some point, Strikeforce will have to give him the Randy Couture treatment and put him against legitimate opponents, but no one who is going to win a belt. And surely, Fedor shouldn't be fighting anyone who outweighs him by 40lbs ever again. Whether he could even hang with Overeem at this point is questionable.

Bahaha, whether or not Fedor could hang with Overeem at this point is NOT a question at all. Overeem would destroy him, likely in the first round. Aside from that, Fedor SHOULD retire but since the Russian Mob won't let him I think Fedor is just going to become a B-level crusher.

He can't beat anyone that's top tier, but he would still be able to knock guys out like Arlovski (PROBABLY) and other bums. Perhaps a fight with one of the HW brawlers that aren't in the tourney reserves (Lavar Johnson or someone of the like). Chad Griggs is in the tourney as a reserve, so I don't think he could fight Fedor but that would be a good fight.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit'] Fedor SHOULD retire but since the Russian Mob won't let him I think Fedor is just going to become a B-level crusher.[/QUOTE]

to my knowledge there has never been any connection between fedor and any mob. stating it as fact is HIGHLY presumptuous.
and despite the fair weather nature of many people, the guy is a very good fighter. not the god he was made out to be, but a very good fighter. he could ko overeem with a higher probability than anyone else in that tournament.

he doesnt deserve the chance to do so imo though.

It wouldn't really surprise me if M-1 does indeed have connections with the Russian Mafia over there.

I think Fedor could probably beat everyone on the other side of the bracket to be honest.The biggest problem here seemed to be Bigfoot's size and how damaging his gnp was from the full mount.I think I could probably get away without an argument for everyone except for maybe Sergei and likely Barnnet.I wouldn't worry that much about Barnnet although I would agree hes definitely the favorite from the other side and rightfully so but Barnnet isn't quite the same as Bigfoot,not quite as big and his gnp against Yvel was pityful and I would think Fedor would likely be able to escape Barnnet's mount.Not still sure who I'd go with between Fedor and Barnnet yet but I could lean either way.I could also still see him beating Werdum lol.As long as Fedor sticks to the stand up and doesn't fall into Werdum's game.I do think his days as the top guy are definitly over.Fedor > Lashley by submission round 2 or 3.

Lashley/Fedor? Really? I mean, that is just stupid to think such a thing. Fedor shouldn't ever fight somebody like BOBBY LASHLEY for the rest of his career, and if he is forced to do so I suspect his career would already be over for the most part.

In any case, Fedor and the mob have been suspected before :shock: Its a different country, mobs are much more powerful in Russian then they are in say, the US...

From MMA Junkie:

As expected Phil Davis (8-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) officially has replaced injured Tito Ortiz and now meets Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) in the headliner of next month's UFC Fight Night 24 event.

UFC president Dana White tweeted the changed over the weekend, and executives since have made it official on its website.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported, Ortiz suffered an accidental training-session headbutt and received 22 stitches. An MRI and CT scan indicated no serious damage, but the wound forced Ortiz to withdraw from the bout.

UFC Fight Night 24 takes place March 26 at KeyArena in Seattle, and the night's main card airs live on Spike TV.

Nogueira, the twin brother of ex-UFC champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, recently suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Ryan Bader in a key UFC 119 bout. Prior to the defeat, the PRIDE vet owned a seven-fight win streak, which included UFC wins over Luiz Cane (which earned a "KO of the Night" bonus) and Jason Brilz ("Fight of the Night").

Davis, one of the light-heavyweight division's most promising prospects, had been expected to fight Matt Hamill at April's UFC 129 event. Davis then was scheduled to fight Jason Brilz when Hamill was pulled from the card in favor of a UFC 130 matchup with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Davis, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion for Penn State, has made a smooth transition since his pro MMA debut in 2008. After signing with the UFC as an undefeated in record in early 2010, he extended his streak with decision wins over Brian Stann and Rodney Wallace and submission victories over Alexander Gustafsson and Tim Boetsch.

Soooo...?

It's a bit of a disappointment for me since I was looking forward to Tito vs. Little Nog adding more star power then normal on Fight Nights.I actually thought this was a winnable fight for Tito too since both Nogs have shown their wrestling tends to be the weakest parts of their games and Tito just might be able to pull off his first win in a long time althought I don't think I'd pick Tito but I certainly thought it was winnable and wouldn't be surprised by it.

Unfortunately for Nog,Davis is an even better wrestler and its a good test for Davis to see how far along he is.He seems to be well versed at submissions but it'll be interesting to see how he does against Nog since this is a pretty big step forward.I'd probably go with Phil Davis by unanimous decision here.

Ortiz vs. Nogueira is an easy fight for Diet Nog and now Davis vs. Nogueira is an easy fight for Davis. Lil Nog's only shot to win is submission off his back, but he couldn't even sub Ryan Bader off his back (although I do think he won the fight) and Davis has better grappling then Bader does and also does not tire like Bader does.

Nobody watch UFC 127? I know it was kind of a weak card, but damn. A bit surprised seeing Siver beat Sotiropoulos, but Siver impressed. Expected Bisping to win, but that illegal knee kinda taints it.

And wow, BJ Penn looks like just doesn't care anymore. I don't know how the logic works for that fight being 28-28 though. Penn gets rounds one and two 10-9 but round three is a 10-8 for Fitch...? If you're going to call it a draw, 29-29 should be the score (10-10 second round). But to me, the 29-28 Fitch score made the most sense, but whatever. BJ's interview at the end was just depressing. "Well, I was going to quit...but I guess I can fight one more time." Wow, BJ, don't sound too excited...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Nobody watch UFC 127? I know it was kind of a weak card, but damn. A bit surprised seeing Siver beat Sotiropoulos, but Siver impressed. Expected Bisping to win, but that illegal knee kinda taints it.

And wow, BJ Penn looks like just doesn't care anymore. I don't know how the logic works for that fight being 28-28 though. Penn gets rounds one and two 10-9 but round three is a 10-8 for Fitch...? If you're going to call it a draw, 29-29 should be the score (10-10 second round). But to me, the 29-28 Fitch score made the most sense, but whatever. BJ's interview at the end was just depressing. "Well, I was going to quit...but I guess I can fight one more time." Wow, BJ, don't sound too excited...[/QUOTE]

no, penn rds 1 &2 10-9 and fitch rd 3 10-8 = the given 28-28 scores. bj is an emotional guy, i think the ass-kicking he took in the 3rd was a lot for him. the gsp fight, then the edgar losses, now that 3rd round.

if siver did that to g-sot, i wonder what melvin would do to him. edgar would pitter-patter him for 5 rounds. maynard would just beat him up. i like g-sot, he should fight dunham, both those guys are comign off fights they got dominated in similar ways.

[quote name='paz9x']no, penn rds 1 &2 10-9 and fitch rd 3 10-8 = the given 28-28 scores.[/QUOTE]

I know. I can do math. My point was, giving Penn the 2nd round was a stretch and giving Fitch a 10-8 just due to being on top the entire 3rd round was a stretch too. I gave Fitch 10-9's in the 2nd and 3rd round. BJ did nothing after his takedown early in the 2nd round (which got reversed anyway).

[quote name='dkreegz515']there are no 10-10 rounds.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10-point_must_system#10:10_rounds_in_MMA

The biggest misconception associated with the 10 point must system, particularly amongst Mixed Martial Arts fans, is that you cannot have a 10:10 round. 10:10 rounds are infrequent within MMA but are allowed within the rules.

Reasons for this misconception stem largely from the phrasing of the brief rules description at the start of UFC broadcasts "The round winner gets 10 points, with his opponent receiving 9 or less".

At no point does this description state that there must be a round winner, however this is often assumed by the viewer as there is no mention of 10:10 as an option.

Additionally, 10:10 rounds rarely dictate the outcome of a bout even when they do occur, as they are usually awarded by one judge at a time. One notable exception where a 10:10 round did dictate the fight result is the 2003 bout between Ian Freeman and Vernon White. The fight was scored 30-27, 28-29, 29-29 with the final scorecard including a 10:10 round.[1]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I know. I can do math. My point was, giving Penn the 2nd round was a stretch and giving Fitch a 10-8 just due to being on top the entire 3rd round was a stretch too. I gave Fitch 10-9's in the 2nd and 3rd round. BJ did nothing after his takedown early in the 2nd round (which got reversed anyway).[/QUOTE]

sorry, I misunderstood your post. one of the judges scored it as you did.

also, the 10-10 issue comes up everytime theres a draw. there was 10-10 given in the edgar-maynard fight wasnt there?

I actually scored the Penn/Fitch fight exactly like 2 of the judges (10-9 BJ, 10-9 BJ, 10-8 Fitch). I really do think that last round was a 10-8, BJ literally did nothing the entire round, the fight metrics for the last round are unbelievable. Sucks that its a draw but with the current 10 pt must system sometimes its the right decision.

Also have to chime in once again on how much I HATE Bisping. He is a giant douche and a cocky prick for one thing but he also VASTLY overrated and protected by the UFC. Seriously, point me to the top contender he's beaten in his career, I want to see it. Spitting on someone after the fight was over, yeah real mature there Michael. I may watch the Bisping/Henderson fight again just to make myself feel better.

Fitch won the fight IMO. He probably lost the first, but he certainly won the second round and dominated the third. With the third possibly being 10-8, I believe Jon won the fight 29-27, although I cannot argue with 29-28. Penn even admitted that he lost, and there is nothing better then to ask somebody how they thought a fight went RIGHT after it was over. Penn admitted defeat, and the judges/Penn nuthuggers are the only ones who don't give Fitch the credit of winning the fight.

On a sidenote, Dana White is a fool/hates Jon Fitch. Saying Penn won is one thing, but also discrediting Fitch's performance by saying he fought to a draw with a "155er". Fitch is going to have to dominate 30-27 in his next two fights to be considered for a title shot now...

P.S. Chris Lytle is shot, and he was an embarassment. Brian Ebersole is 100% a bum, and I rate him as highly as I do Joe "El Dirte". Lytle was almost knocked out and was much closer to being submitted then Ebersole ever was, which is just pathetic. He will not win another fight in the UFC if a midwestern tomato can who's been subbed 9 times beats him up like that and escapes his submissions and beats him on the ground.

The last round I recall seeing and giving it a 10-10 was round 1 of Fedor vs. Bigfoot and yes of course the second round just went completely loopsided.There are 10-10 rounds but they're rare and I feel in a way judges don't use them as often as they should,same with 10-8 rounds.

Fitch should go back to eating meat.Reportedly he use to be walking at close to 200 pounds and since he switched to being a vegan hes only about 176.Just not that much to cut anymore.When Fitch talked about his problems feeling it was strange he was unable to get going I think you could partly from on it.

I didn't think it was that bad for what Bisping did since Rivera was saying all those things about him and doing those youtube videos and it seemed to get him pretty pissed.It's actually kind of nice to see a grudge where they don't hug afterwards for once and it was all done for promotional reasons.Bisping is a bit protected as most TUF winners are and international stars at times are but I wouldn't call him vastly overrated.He does though indeed seem to have problems with the top guys.Seems to win a few then lose one and repeat.

[quote name='Magiblaze']Bisping is a bit protected as most TUF winners are and international stars at times are but I wouldn't call him vastly overrated.[/QUOTE]

apparently not, they put brookins against jeremy stephens, thats a 1st round massacre.

If you look at Vitor Belfort's twitter, he has asked to fight Michael Bisping on the May UFC event. I hope that fight happens cause I would love for Vitor to knock out that piece of **** Bisping.

Not sure why people think Vitor is that great...but seeing him fight the not-so-great Bisping is okay with me.

Just watched StrikeForce and 127 tonight.

I thought Siver could win if he did nothing but grind sprawls in camp...so he did.
Rivera had no business being in that fight, we all know that.
Lytle hadn't been stopped since 2007, calling him done is out of line. He's a fun gatekeeper and there's some matchups out there for him. Hell he was on a 4 fight streak prior to this loss.

Davis/Nog is much more fun than Tito/Nog. I'm much more excited to see that fight live.

As for StrikeForce I didn't expect to Fedor to get annihilated like that, but he had nothing to offer. Arlovski losing was a no-brainer.

Overeem/Silva is actually kind of interesting to me at this point. Barnett vs either of them would be exciting. I think Overeem is super-pissed others got to Fedor first and he'll be fired up to punish Werdum/Silva.

Cruiserweight seems like a bad idea since there's no excellent HW division anywhere. If you're 230 and not fighting at 205, you're not trying hard enough.

Sanchez had his ass beat goofy by "The Hitman". Both of "The Dreams" eyes and lip was busted and swollen. Though I am so ready for UFC 128 with Bones Jones vs. Shogun, JBJ gonna win the titles!!!

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Sanchez had his ass beat goofy by "The Hitman". Both of "The Dreams" eyes and lip was busted and swollen. Though I am so ready for UFC 128 with Bones Jones vs. Shogun, JBJ gonna win the titles!!![/QUOTE]

Way to sound like a noob, I'm sorry but its true. Judging the fight off of how Diego looks is just stupid. IMO it was a close fight but Sanchez clearly won rounds 2 and 3 with superior aggression and the takedown in the third as well. Kampmann got tired and did nothing but run and back up, not a way to win I don't think.

I had it 29-28 for Diego.I found it to be a very interesting fight afterwards because people are so split on it between who won.Even more so then Edgar/Maynard and Penn/Fitch.I gave it to Diego with rounds 2 and 3 because of damage and while some people would say Kampmann did more damage I would disagree even though his face was more of a mess I would say Diego did more damage by coming closer to knocking him out then Kampmann did as Kampmann noticeably was buckled quite a few times in rounds 2 and 3.

Some people would point to fightmetric with Kampmann landing more significant strikes even though half of them listed were just jabs while Diego was throwing wild hooks looking more for a finish.Close fight and overall not a bad night of fights.P.S. Being bald doesn't suit Diego.

I agree that Sanchez/Kampmann was definitely a close fight but I think I would have given the 3rd round to Kampmann and thus giving him the 29-28 win. I know that Diego got a takedown in the 3rd round, but the way I saw that was that he couldn't take Kampmann down until the 3rd round. He also was able to do next to nothing with said takedown as Kampmann got back up to his feet immediately. I've always felt that takedowns shouldn't be taken into consideration when nothing is done with it. Sanchez definitely rocked Kampmann a couple times with his strikes. At the same time I think the judges were deceived a little bit by Diego rushing Kampmann and wildly throwing a ton of punches....usually not landing much.

Sanchez may not have landed much when he came in wildly, but when he DID land, the strikes were pretty damaging. Kampmann surely got the first round, round 2 went to Diego. 3rd could've gone either way, but Sanchez looked more busy, came in more and seemed to get off cleaner than Kampmann did in the 3rd. I thought Diego won, but would not have been the least bit surprised if Kampmann had gotten it. The only question now is what's next for both fighters? Maybe Kampmann/Kos and Sanchez/Winner of Hardy/Rumble Johnson?

Sanchez and Kampmann have a few different ways to go but I think IN-SHAPE Diego could be good at welterweight. He was fat and out of shape for the Kampmann fight, hence his terrible performance. IDK who they fight next.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Way to sound like a noob, I'm sorry but its true. Judging the fight off of how Diego looks is just stupid. IMO it was a close fight but Sanchez clearly won rounds 2 and 3 with superior aggression and the takedown in the third as well. Kampmann got tired and did nothing but run and back up, not a way to win I don't think.[/QUOTE]

Sound like a noob? Really? I believe Kampmann deserved to win that fight and Diego did in fact looked like a busted up undercard boy. Plain and simple. Cannot tell me his face was not without doubt completely jacked up. Saying "Hitman" did not deserve to have the win over the "dream"/"nightmare" would be like saying Frankie/Grey was one sided. And Johnny Bones Jones will win the Light Heavyweight Championship against Shogun at UFC 128 because of his raw talent and honed skills. I am more then happy that Rashad had to withdraw even though he is one of my favorite fighters.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Sound like a noob? Really? I believe Kampmann deserved to win that fight and Diego did in fact looked like a busted up undercard boy. Plain and simple. Cannot tell me his face was not without doubt completely jacked up. Saying "Hitman" did not deserve to have the win over the "dream"/"nightmare" would be like saying Frankie/Grey was one sided. And Johnny Bones Jones will win the Light Heavyweight Championship against Shogun at UFC 128 because of his raw talent and honed skills. I am more then happy that Rashad had to withdraw even though he is one of my favorite fighters.[/QUOTE]

you said diego had his ass beat goofy. his face was a mess but it was superficial damage, he certainly didnt have his ass beat goofy. it was a close close fight that came down to what the judges weighed as effective.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Sound like a noob? Really? I believe Kampmann deserved to win that fight and Diego did in fact looked like a busted up undercard boy. Plain and simple. Cannot tell me his face was not without doubt completely jacked up. Saying "Hitman" did not deserve to have the win over the "dream"/"nightmare" would be like saying Frankie/Grey was one sided. And Johnny Bones Jones will win the Light Heavyweight Championship against Shogun at UFC 128 because of his raw talent and honed skills. I am more then happy that Rashad had to withdraw even though he is one of my favorite fighters.[/QUOTE]

It does not matter that Diego's face was busted up, that makes little difference in how the fight actually played out. And also, his face REALLY busted up in just the third round...prior to that the majority of facial damage was just a cut open lip (which is why he was bleeding out of his mouth so much).

And speaking of Edgar/Maynard, the fight was very one sided after the first round. Edgar should have won every round after the first.

P.S. Saying Jones will beat up Shogun and win the title just like that isn't the smartest thing to say. How many times has Shogun been counted out? How many times has he lost LEGIT? Machida decision was bogus, Griffin fight was bogus (Shogun was seriously injured), Coleman loss was bogus (injury during the fight)...

[quote name='paz9x']you said diego had his ass beat goofy. his face was a mess but it was superficial damage, he certainly didnt have his ass beat goofy. it was a close close fight that came down to what the judges weighed as effective.[/QUOTE]

:applause: ^ Certainly true statement right here ^

People suggesting Overeem/Lesnar, Fedor/Anyone etc.....well, lets just say that probably still won't happen. It appears the UFC and Strikeforce will stay seperate for the most part, so just because Zuffa absorbed Strikeforce doesn't mean Henderson and Overeem and Fedor are in the UFC.

On a side note, Zuffa has offically eaten all of their competition. A place like Bellator cannot compete with Zuffa.....

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']People suggesting Overeem/Lesnar, Fedor/Anyone etc.....well, lets just say that probably still won't happen. It appears the UFC and Strikeforce will stay seperate for the most part, so just because Zuffa absorbed Strikeforce doesn't mean Henderson and Overeem and Fedor are in the UFC.

On a side note, Zuffa has offically eaten all of their competition. A place like Bellator cannot compete with Zuffa.....[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, until contracts are done, nothing is changing.

Yeah, just got finished watching the interview with Dana White...bummer about not co promoting, but you know at some point it's gonna happen. it just has to happen, but just not in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back