New EBgames Trade in Deals (UPDATED 9/8/05)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

Trade 4 Games get an extra $4.00 for each game

Trade 3 Games get an extra $3.00 for each game

some titles are excluded from trade in, cannot be combined with any other off or promotion. Valid on PS2/XB/Gamecube/PSP/DS games.

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards NBA Live 2006 XB/GC/PS2 *

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards The Suffering 2 XB/PS2 *

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

*exclusions apply, cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

ADDED 9/8/05 5:30PM PST

Get another 10% more Trade in Credit for each pre-played game when you present your EB EDGE DISCOUNT CARD. NOT VALID ON PREVIOUS TRADE INS, NO EXCLUSIONS , **3 DAYS ONLY 9/9 - 9/11*** EXPIRED

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

If you trade in more than 5 games that are eiligible, do they all give you 5 extra, or does the count 'start over'? I've got about 7-8 things to try to trade in, I'll probably break about even cashwise, but trading somethings I don't play for something/s I do play is a good deal.

this is kind of a wierd question, but what if I traded in games that I bought pre-owned from EB? they still have the stickers on them...would they give me the same prices?

Take the stickers off. A little bit of water does wonders . A few i traded in today were games i bought used from EB a year or so a go

capt

I had some that were preowned from EB, I didn't take the stickers off totally, I just took off the price or inventory code. She just opened the case and move the liner out so she could scan the UPC.
8 games. They offered 20 bucks. I think 5 of them were POX. I gave them the three non-POX for 17 and change.
And the extra 10% for Edge membership, came on top of the 3 dollar bonus, so that was nice.

Some trade-in values from today (Sat), without bonus.

Used the following to get the $5 bonus:
PS2 Shellshock Nam '67: $4
PS2 Neo Contra: $4
PS2 Atari Anthology: $4
PS2 Narc: $7 (!)
PS2 Bad Boys: $4

Got $48 in credit.

Used the following for a "Suffering 2" preorder:
PS2 Trivial Pursuit: $3
PS2 Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance: $2
PS2 R-Type Final: $3
PS2 Rainbow Six 3: $3
GC Baldur's Gate: $2

All of these games cost me $5 each, so not too bad...

Also pricechecked Shadow Hearts Covenant - it gets $7.

I had a good day.

The clerk had to fuck with the prices alot but it ended up making sense. He gave me the Zelda preorder deal plus 10% for 5 of the games, and the +$5 plus 10% on the remainder. I promise it ended up making sense, but it was confusing.

Also, the zelda deal wouldn't ring up initially because of the other deals overriding it or something... in any case he fixed all the prices to work. Here's what I ended up getting

Some prices after Zelda preorder deal +10% and some after +$5 deal +10%.

PS2 Ico - 10.50
PS2 Viewtiful Joe - 11.00
GC Star Wars: Rogue Leader - 11.00
GC Sphinx - 11.00
GC Viewtiful Joe - 11.00
PS2 Ace Combat 4 - 11.00
GC I-Ninja - 9.40
GC Tony Hawk Underground - 8.30

Trade-in Total: 83.20

83.20-49.99 Zelda Preorder = 33.21 credit leftover

I am very satisfied.

[quote name='ericdaley']I went down and traded in 68 games and got $620!!!!

The only game that was exluded was Halo.[/QUOTE]

Pssstt...that's not even $10 a game.. but still pretty cool! That's enough for a kick-ass XBOX 360 bundle! :D

[quote name='CaptDS9E']lol the face on the guy when you put 68 on the counter must have been priceless[/QUOTE]

LOL i only brought in 30 and then when the girl started to get towards the end of the stack i sent my cousin out to the car to get the other 40 games.

$8 or $9 a game for old stuff which you wouldnt get half that for is a good deal. I have a lot of old stuff which you could only get $3-$4 online and even then you gotta worry about postage and fees from ebay/paypal

[quote name='help1']Any of the .99 cent games at BB excluded?[/QUOTE]

There's a post somewhere in the middle of that thread with all the games that should be eligible at EB and GS.

so anyone have any luck in CA by trading in 5 games and switching the pre-order or credit towards something else?

Hi guys, I'm going to sell all these games soon. But before I go this week, can someone please estimate the total price with the bonus that EB will give me:

PS2 games:

kill.switch
silent hill 3
rise of kasai
psi-ops
project snowblind
dynasty warriors 3
gungrave
suikoden 4
*viewtiful joe* (It's a GC game)

I tried to see what price TradeStop.com pay, and I added all the games except Suikoden 4 (overstock) and got around 34 dollars. If EBgames give the same amount, plus the 40 bucks bonus (when you not count Suikoden 4) then the total I'll get is 74 dollars.

Thanks

PS2 games:

ROUGH ESTIMATE PRICE BEFORE BONUS

kill.switch $2.00
silent hill 3 $2.00
rise of kasai $7.00 - $10.00
psi-ops $2.00
project snowblind $3.00
dynasty warriors 3 $3.00
gungrave $3.00
suikoden 4 $7.00 - $10.00
*viewtiful joe* (It's a GC game) $2.00

Wow I'm using the least number you gave me and got myself 31 dollars before the bonus. So with the 45 dollars bonus, then I'll get 76 dollars. Hmmmm not bad consider I don't plan to play them anymore in my life.

Thanks man.

[quote name='CaoPi']so anyone have any luck in CA by trading in 5 games and switching the pre-order or credit towards something else?[/QUOTE]

You can always pick up the game and take the reciept. Then give the game and receipt to someone else (friend, gf, wife, etc.) and they will give you store credit. I did this with Nascar 2006, except I took the game to another EB and they gave me the store credit on my Edge card.

Traded in the following games today (price after $5 boost):

- GTA: Vice City ($2 - POX)
- Hot Shots Golf 3 ($7)
- Simpsons Road Rage ($9)
- ESPN NFL 2K5 ($0.75 - POX)
- GTA: San Andreas ($12)
- Burnout 3 ($12)
- Test Drive: Eve of Destruction ($12)
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5 ($0.75 - POX)
- World Championship Poker ($10)
- High Rollers ($11)
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour ($11)
- Brothers of Arms ($15)

Total: $102.50

And all the games were PS2 except for ESPN College Hoops 2K5 which was Xbox. Seven of the games were games my brother gave me because he sold all his videogame shit except for the PS2 games I guess.

Hey guys one question. I see Hitman 2 on the POX list. However I don't play it anymore, if I do the trade in, do you think EB will buy it? If so, how much will they give for a POX game?

[quote name='mgsvr']Hey guys one question. I see Hitman 2 on the POX list. However I don't play it anymore, if I do the trade in, do you think EB will buy it? If so, how much will they give for a POX game?[/QUOTE]
They will take any current gen game. They will only give you a dollar or two though for a POX game though. It would be wise to just keep it or sell it on ebay

can anybody estimate how much this pile would be??

animal crossing (GC)
super monkey ball (GC)
baten kaitos (GC)
pikmin 2 (GC)
wario ware: touched (DS)
.hack//part 1 ( PS2)
NBA Street 1 ( PS2)
Madden 2004 ( PS2)

would it be better if i traded them in at Gamerush, cause the preoders there are 29.99 and they have + 25% more on each game..but i wouldn't get a lot out of it... and plus I might trade in some PS1 games, do they accept those, if they do then how much usually..

[quote name='Kingjay89']They will take any current gen game. They will only give you a dollar or two though for a POX game though. It would be wise to just keep it or sell it on ebay[/QUOTE]

Even though they will buy it for 1 or 2 dollar, but they will not add the bonus credit since it's a POX game right?

[quote name='mgsvr']Even though they will buy it for 1 or 2 dollar, but they will not add the bonus credit since it's a POX game right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. And many POX games are 25 cents to 75 cents. You'd be better off using them as coasters.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Traded in the following games today (price after $5 boost):

- Hot Shots Golf 3 ($7)
- Burnout 3 ($12)
- High Rollers ($11)
- Brothers of Arms ($15)

And all the games were PS2 except for ESPN College Hoops 2K5 which was Xbox. Seven of the games were games my brother gave me because he sold all his videogame shit except for the PS2 games I guess.[/QUOTE]

wow, you have to throw some of that stuff onto ebay. $12 for GTA: San Andreas!?!? painful.

I loved the last $5 bonus + the TRU grab... It may just be worth it to dump off everything thats relativley old just for the sake of getting rid of it.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Traded in the following games today (price after $5 boost):

- Hot Shots Golf 3 ($7)
- Burnout 3 ($12)
- High Rollers ($11)
- Brothers of Arms ($15)

And all the games were PS2 except for ESPN College Hoops 2K5 which was Xbox. Seven of the games were games my brother gave me because he sold all his videogame shit except for the PS2 games I guess.[/QUOTE]

wow, burnout 3 gets $12.........not bad since you can get it preowned for $13

you would make alot of people happy if you gave us a rundown of your list...:D

[quote name='ericdaley']LOL i only brought in 30 and then when the girl started to get towards the end of the stack i sent my cousin out to the car to get the other 40 games.[/QUOTE]

:D

I got what i want :) after the $5 ( i only traded in 4 qualified games, and he gave me $5 more instead of $4)

Baten Kaitos $11
Super Monkey Ball $9
Pikmin 2 $17
Animal Crossing $9
NBA Street 1 $0.75 (POX)
Sims $2.00 (POX)
Wario Ware Inc. $20
Game Boy Player $15

Total: $83.75

Preorder X-men Legends 2 and bought Nintendogs, very happy :)

Went to ebgames tonight(9/13) and got the following values at EBGames

Nascar 2005 $10 + $5
GT4 $10 + $5
GT3 $1
NHL 2005 $4 + $5
WWE Smackdown v Raw $6 + $5
SW Rogue Leader $2 + $5
SW Rebel Strike $6 + $5
Piglets Big Game $4 + $5
Mickey Mouse $4 + $5

Normal $47 trade in + $40 bonus(Yes it almost equaled the trade in values!!!!!!)

Total $87. Havn't decided what to do. I was unexpecting bonuses for Nascar 05 or NHL 05 since they are sport games and the following year has been released. So that was an unexpected $10.

I traded in my PSP too since there hasn't been anything out there. I think I might hold the money there and use it for a down payment on an xbox 360

Yeah, seriously. GameBoy Players are awesome. $15 trade in for basically a GBA. Most people play their GBAs at home like me. You shouldn't have traded that bad boy in. :(

Anyone know any cheap games to get from TRU or something that aren't I could trade in for some credit? I needa get Meteos and am going to pre-order Castlevania and Lunar..

[quote name='darkunknown2005']Sims $2.00 (POX)
[/QUOTE]

Looks like at least one new POX game. We need a new list!

[quote name='Odenat']I got 82 trading in some random clearance games. Put it on my edge card till the B2G1 pre owned starts next week[/QUOTE]
Looked around but couldn't find an answer. When does the B2g1 pre owned start. Is it BM only?
I am thinking of buying Paper Mario and Kingdom hearts and this makes me think I should wait.
Also, anyone know what Taiko Drum Master gets at EB?

[quote name='mgsvr']One question:

Will EB store ever refuse to buy one of your game because they have a lot of copies (overstock) already?[/QUOTE]

It's certainly possible but I've never personally seen it or even heard it happened.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Also, anyone know what Taiko Drum Master gets at EB?[/QUOTE]

I've heard $11 without the drum (game only), but that might not have been with the +$5 added. I'd like to know how much the complete set would fetch as well...

[quote name='munch']WHY?[/QUOTE]

I never ever used it, i already have a SP and a DS.. I used to play it a lot early last year, but i kinda got bored of it

bread's done
Back