New EBgames Trade in Deals (UPDATED 9/8/05)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

Trade 4 Games get an extra $4.00 for each game

Trade 3 Games get an extra $3.00 for each game

some titles are excluded from trade in, cannot be combined with any other off or promotion. Valid on PS2/XB/Gamecube/PSP/DS games.

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards NBA Live 2006 XB/GC/PS2 *

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards The Suffering 2 XB/PS2 *

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

*exclusions apply, cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

ADDED 9/8/05 5:30PM PST

Get another 10% more Trade in Credit for each pre-played game when you present your EB EDGE DISCOUNT CARD. NOT VALID ON PREVIOUS TRADE INS, NO EXCLUSIONS , **3 DAYS ONLY 9/9 - 9/11*** EXPIRED

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

[quote name='bostonfrontier']man, I would have bought that Gameboy player off you for $25[/QUOTE]

o....srry, another reason why i didn't want the GBP was cause i only had 3 GBA games...i used to have a lot cause i was a huge nintendo freak

This thread needs a serious bump and here it is.

IF you combine this deal with EB's B2G1F deal from 9/16-9/18, you can earn ~65 cents profit per PO title.

I bet you're not following me.

1. Buy PO-Enter The Matrix GC, PO-Beyblade: STB GC, PO-Crazy Taxi GC, PO-Midway Arcade Treasures GC, PO-Lost Kingdom GC and PO-Batman: Vengeance GC. After B2G1F and Edge card discount, you are out $38.12 (with 6% sales tax).

2. Immediately trade in the 6 titles. Each title has a base trade in value of $2. Another $5 is added on to each title. So, you receive $42 store credit.

3. Lather, rinse, repeat by buying the games with your new store credit. It takes about 707 titles churned to preorder a XBox 360. You end up with a fully paid off Xbox 360 for $38.12 spent and a large chunk of time taken (and probably a nasty phone call/lifetime ban/canceled Xbox 360 from EB games).

Enjoy and flame as necessary.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']It takes about 707 titles churned to preorder a XBox 360[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that works out for you. I've got another plan you might enjoy as well, it involves a large cardboard sign, a marker, and a street corner.

[quote name='Kerig']Let us know how that works out for you. I've got another plan you might enjoy as well, it involves a large cardboard sign, a marker, and a street corner.[/QUOTE]

In terms of getting enough money for a Xbox 360, your way would definitely be faster and raise fewer eyebrows at EB/GS Corporate.

I'd rather buy preorders of Suffering and NBA Live for $32.

Doing the Xbox 360 for $38.12 scheme would probably cost somebody at EB games their job. I'm just not in the business of making enemies.

traded in SRS (ps2), Rocky (ps2), Monsters Inc (ps2), and Cabela 2005 (ps2)...i picked up confilct desert storm (ps2), but it was PO..i didnt have a comp to access CAG from anywhere :(

so i only got + 4 for each :(

I traded in a lot of games today. Ill post what i got for each tommorow for those intrested. One title of note with the extra $5 Mario Kart (GC) gets you $20

[quote name='swetooth9']traded in SRS (ps2), Rocky (ps2), Monsters Inc (ps2), and Cabela 2005 (ps2)...i picked up confilct desert storm (ps2), but it was PO..i didnt have a comp to access CAG from anywhere :(

so i only got + 4 for each :([/QUOTE]

How much did you get for each of those?

Personal Note: I told you Rocky would suck :lol:

Ok here is how much I got for the games i traded in. Prices include the extra $5

Megaman Ann Collection(GC) $10
Mario Kart (GC) $20
WWE Day of Reckoning(GC) $12

The rest are xbox titles

Counterstrike $9
Ultra Bust a Move $9
Midtown madness 3 $6
Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow $8
Ghost Recon Island Thunder $7
Return to Castle Wolfenstein $7
ESPN NHL2k6 $6
Full Spectrum Warrior $7
Soul Calibur 2 $8
KOTR $9
Phantom Dust $10
SW:Republic Commando $20
Rallisport 2 $8
Spikeout $12
Guilty Gear X2L $9
Crimson Skies $7
Top Spin $9
Carve $6
BGE $7
Fuzion Frenzy $9
Kung Foo Chaos $9
Terminator 3: Redemption $8
SW Clone Wars/Tetris $5.50

[quote name='Kerig']How much did you get for each of those?

Personal Note: I told you Rocky would suck :lol:[/QUOTE]

yea, i didnt buy rocky to play it...just to trade in :p

after 4 dollar addon:

cabela 2005 (ps2) - 8
SRS (ps2) - 8
Rocky (ps2) - 6.50
Monsters Inc (ps2) - 8

Here's a bunch of trade-in prices from today (Sept 17th), all are still PO:

PS2 - Hunter Wayward: $2
PS2 - Rocky: $1.50
PS2 - Strike Force Bowling: $1
PS2 - Beyond Good & Evil: $2
PS2 - Pinball Hall of Fame: $3
PS2 - Shellshock Nam: $4
PS2 - Yu Yu Hakusha: $4
PS2 - Atari Anthology: $4
PS2 - Bad Boys: $3
PS2 - SRS: $4
PS2 - Tak 2: $4
Xbox - MX World Tour: $1
Xbox - Silent Hill 4: $4

No, I didn't trade all these in - some were price checks :D.

Second Batch I've traded in (Includes $5 Bonus):

Kya - PS2 $6
The Mummy Returns - PS2 $6
Ace Combat 4 - PS2 $7
Metal Arms - XBOX $8
Tao Feng - XBOX $6
Links 2004 - XBOX $8
Jedi Outcast - XBOX $15

Total = $56

None were POX

If I can find my first reciept from a week ago, I'll post those prices as well.

can someone confirm if you trade in 6 or 7 games you'll still get an extra $5.00 for those 6th & 7th game each??
or after 5 games it's nothing extra???

ALSO anyone know if you get extra trade in credit if you have a EB Edge card or are EB Edge cards ONLY gives you discounts on BUYING USED games from them not trading them in????

[quote name='WTFer']can someone confirm if you trade in 6 or 7 games you'll still get an extra $5.00 for those 6th & 7th game each??
or after 5 games it's nothing extra???

ALSO anyone know if you get extra trade in credit if you have a EB Edge card or are EB Edge cards ONLY gives you discounts on BUYING USED games from them not trading them in????[/QUOTE]

YES - you get the extra $5 on all games if 5 or more are traded in - look at the post above yours, for example. You do not get extra trade-in credit with the Edge card (they had a deal for a few days last week where you did but that is generally not the case).

Hey guys..sorry I am new to all of this but I have a few simple questions.

This deal with 5 games or more trade in, is it valid at any EBgames?

Would Softetc or gamestop count since they are all part of the same chain now?

I have bought used games from them before. Can I trade those in, and would I have to remove the used sticker?

This $5 extra per game (after 5 games traded in) works on any game...because I have some games that I bought from them for a real cheap price...like $3-$7 dollars and it seems that I will be getting back more money than what I purchased them for.

[quote name='bigmit37']Hey guys..sorry I am new to all of this but I have a few simple questions.

This deal with 5 games or more trade in, is it valid at any EBgames?

Would Softetc or gamestop count since they are all part of the same chain now?

I have bought used games from them before. Can I trade those in, and would I have to remove the used sticker?

This $5 extra per game (after 5 games traded in) works on any game...because I have some games that I bought from them for a real cheap price...like $3-$7 dollars and it seems that I will be getting back more money than what I purchased them for.[/QUOTE]

Any EB Games - but NOT Gamestop or anywhere else.
You can certainly trade in games you bought at EB - and yes, it is a good idea to remove the stickers, though I don't think it really matters.

However, if you bought the games that cheap from EB they are most likely not qualifying titles. See this thread for a not quite up to date list of "POX" (PreOwned eXcluded) games that DO NOT qualify for the extra $5:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61686&page=1

You can always bring them in and check though - have them scan them all and then try for the bonus - POX games won't be bumped up and they will only give $0.25 to $1 for them. Keep in mind you need 5 QUALIFYING titles to get the extra $5 per game.

Just hit up my EB for this deal today, and was able to get Nintendogs and Meteos for $7 total after my trade-ins.

Here are the Xbox games I traded, with prices before the $5 boost.

Metal Arms- $3
Links 2004- $3
Beyond Good & Evil- $2
Project: Snowblind- $4
Spiderman 2- $4
Prince of Persia- $4
Crimson Skies- $2

Total with $5 per title extra was $57, so I'd say I made out pretty good. This deal rocks!

Just got in on the trade in deal:

Jak+Daxter 1 - 1.50
Silent Hill 4 - 4.00
Tron 2.0 - 2.00
Rainbow 6 3 - 1.00
Ninja Gaiden - 5.00
Shenmue II - 2.00

Also traded in a broken PS2 and got $40 ($30 + $10 extra promo).

Total for all that useless crap - $85.50

hey any luck trying to switch your preorder credit with the trade in 5 games and switch it onto another already released game before having the reserved game come out?

All PO as of today (Weds):

PS2 - Atari Anthology: $4
PS2 - Call of Duty Finest Hour: $6

I am thinking of trading in these games. How much can I get for them:

NHL 2k5
Metroid Prime
Madden 2005 Collectors
NFSU2
NFL Street
Sonic Heroes
SW: Knights of the Old republic
R&C Going Commando
Gran Turismo 4
MGS Twin Snakes

Nba Ballers (XBOX) - $2 + $5 Bonus = $7
Def Jam Fight For NY (XBOX) - $4 + $5 Bonus = $9
Burnout 2 Point of Impact: Director's Cut (Xbox) - $3 + $5 Bonus = $8
The Sims Bustin' Out (XBOX) - $4 + $5 Bonus = $9
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $5 + $5 Bonus = $10
RalliSport Challenge 2 - $3 + $5 Bonus = $8

PS2 Tak 2: $4
Xbox MX World Tour: $1

and as of today (Sept. 23) PS2 Rocky, PS2 Midway AT 1, and PS2 Strike Force Bowling are all still PO.

I wish we had a TRU 90% green tag going on with this promotion, now THAT would rock and get us all a cheap xbox360/ps3.

GC - Mortal Kombat DA: $3
GC - Batman Vengeance: $2
GC - Spy Hunter: $2
GC - Rocky: $2
GC - Powerpuff Girls RR: $4
PS2 - Strike Force Bowling: $1
PS2 - Street Racing Syndicate: $4
PS2 - Call of Duty Finest Hour: $6

All PO of course...

traded in some stuff the other day, here's what I got for it all with the bonus applied:

-Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)- $1.00 (bonus didn't work)
-Siren (PS2)- $8.00
-The Suffering (PS2)- $9.00
-Sky Gunner (PS2)- $1.00 (bonus didn't work)
-Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)- $9.00
-Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (PS2)- $27.00
-Kingdom Hearts (PS2)- $12.00
-Red Faction 2 (Xbox)- $7.00
-Shenmue 2 (Xbox)- $7.00
-Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Gamecube)- $9.00

all together I got $90 in store credit.

Anyone know when EB will have it's next set of Trade in 5 games to Preorder ***** deal? The only 2 running right now seem to be the Suffering and NBA Live which came out this week.

[quote name='asianxcore']traded in some stuff the other day, here's what I got for it all with the bonus applied:

-Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)- $1.00 (bonus didn't work)
-Siren (PS2)- $8.00
-The Suffering (PS2)- $9.00
-Sky Gunner (PS2)- $1.00 (bonus didn't work)
-Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)- $9.00
-Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (PS2)- $27.00
-Kingdom Hearts (PS2)- $12.00
-Red Faction 2 (Xbox)- $7.00
-Shenmue 2 (Xbox)- $7.00
-Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Gamecube)- $9.00

all together I got $90 in store credit.[/QUOTE]

Did you accept $1 for Sky Gunner?

The game isn't worth much money but is somewhat in demand . . . you could trade it on CAG.

I'm also trying to start a "movement" . . . if you are offered less than $2 for a game . . . keep the game and leave it on a bench in the mall (with a note?) and then watch from a distance as some gamer has a blast finding a free game.

I know this is nutty . . . but what is the point of getting a dollar for a game?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Anyone know what October's "Trade 5 games and get ???? game free" deal is yet?[/QUOTE]

We're all waiting for info on that. I asked at one store and they said they might know about October deals on Sunday (that being Oct. 2nd, I'd say that's a pretty safe assumption!).

[quote name='TimPV3']If I had to guess I'd say Age of Empires III, Soul Caliber III, Resident Evil 4, or DDR Mario Mix[/QUOTE]
Never seen them do a deal for a PC game, but I'd be all over it if they were.

I did my final $5 bonus trade today. Nothing new in terms of pricing and PO vs POX, except that Call of Duty Finest Hour dropped from $6 to $5 (before bonus obviously). They also refused to take 2 of them at once as part of the 5 - oh well, so I had to throw in a Bad Boys...

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Anyone know what October's "Trade 5 games and get ???? game free" deal is yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for:

Battlefield Modern Combat
Soul Calibur 3(as someone already mentioned)
Resident Evil 4: CE

These titles would be awesome!

If Soul Calibur 3 was one of the new deals, I'd throw down 5 games with the quickness. Let's hope for the best!

[quote name='ManChowder']I'm hoping for:

Battlefield Modern Combat
Soul Calibur 3(as someone already mentioned)
Resident Evil 4: CE

These titles would be awesome![/QUOTE]

I kinda doubt RE4:CE would be a deal, but thats just me. It just seems like it will sell no matter what.

[quote name='pthagonal']I kinda doubt RE4:CE would be a deal, but thats just me. It just seems like it will sell no matter what.[/QUOTE]

True enough, but even if the deal was for the regular version I'm sure EB would allow you to pay the difference for the CE version.

Here's hoping.

[quote name='ManChowder']...even if the deal was for the regular version I'm sure EB would allow you to pay the difference for the CE version.[/QUOTE]

What kind of extras do you get with the CE version? What's the price difference?

I finally got in on EB's September trade-in deal, and I'm very happy they don't check the discs. I traded in some pretty badly scratched discs (originally purchased this way for cheap) and still got full credit for them.

Today's trade-ins w/o bonus:
Kingdom Hearts (badly scratched) $7
Siren $8
Call of Duty PS2 $5
Manhunt PS2 (badly scratched) $2
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance GCN (scratched) $3
I-Ninja GCN $4
Ace Combat 4 $2
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter PS2 $4

Total credit w/bonus: $70
(I've done much worse in the past, believe me.) :D

I traded in the following (before bonus amount shown):
R&C: Going Commando $5 (got free from McD giveaway)
Call of Duty: FH $5 (got at TRU for $4.99)
Call of Duty: FH $5 (got at TRU for $4.99)
Splinter Cell $1 (got for free when I purchased Prince of Persia)
Prince of Persia $4
MOH:Frontline $2

Total = $52. I could have done better if I used a Pre-order deal but I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

I asked the guy if there were any October deals and he said not that he knows but the current deals were still running in October - basically $10 per game. I said: "for credit for a Pre-Order game?". He said "yea, but you don't have to get the game. But I'm not supposed to say that." OOoooh, I could have gotten $8 more dollars.... Good to know for next time.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']What kind of extras do you get with the CE version? What's the price difference?[/QUOTE]

It comes in some kind of metal collector's case, plus you get a lithograph and a soundtrack(I think, I really cannot remember the exact bonuses). A cool collector's case is enough for me.

Final batch of trades

PS2-Castlevania $9
PS2-Ico $10
XBOX-Manhunt $8
XBOX-KOTOR $9
XBOX-Doom 3 $15
XBOX-Unreal II $6
XBOX-Jedi Academy $20
XBOX-Shenmue 2 $6
XBOX-Mafia $7
XBOX-Crimson SKies $7

10 Games = $97

Some of these games were brand new unopened, I never got the chance to play them, nor did I think I'd ever have the time. It's unfortunate that I had to open these to trade them in because I refuse to give EB a brand new game that they'll give me PO value and turn around and sell for new. I wish I knew how to use EBAY, but it just seems like such a hassle.

I need to learn if I ever wanna get good value for my unopened ZOE2: Second Runner. Aparently it's a rare game and fetch's $80-$100 on EBAY. Sweet.

[quote name='explorer1990']

It's unfortunate that I had to open these to trade them in because I refuse to give EB a brand new game that they'll give me PO value and turn around and sell for new. [/QUOTE]

When you sell a game to them, they open it up and sell it as previously played. They don't sell them as new. At least, that's what they do around here. I even told the clerk he could sell my WWE Day of Reckoning as new if he wanted to, since he was willing to take 2 from me in one trade, but he said they have to sell it as PO. As I was leaving with my new SP2, I saw him unwrapping the game...

bread's done
Back