NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='pimpinc333']Green Bay could use some running game and Ricky Williams would do great there.[/quote]
Oh fuck no, keep Ricky Williams away from Green Bay

Morency and the others can get the job done, they just need to start opening up some holes.

[quote name='Chitown021']Please go away you pathetic thread troll. At least Favre earned his records legitimately, unlike Barry Bonds * I admit Favre is a hall of fame player but I don't want to have to sit there and listen to all of the pregame shows talk about it every week for the whole season. He broke the record, congrats, now move on.

I would also like to see the Bears give Orton another shot. Even if Greise starts playing better he's not the future. That's also why I say if we lose to the Packers next week I'm rooting for a 1-15 season. That way maybe we can get the top pick and nab someone like Brahm from Louisville. We may have had horrible luck at QB (you can throw McMahon on the list as well. He was tough and managed the offense but he was far from great) but we've had some of the greatest running backs and defenses of all time.[/quote] I'm a Packer and Favre fan, but I can kinda understand your point. Thing is, I get sick everytime they start talking about Tom Brady, I just don't like that guy.
I hope Green Bay kicks the crap outta da bears ;)

I want the Patriots to go down, and I'm itching to see Cowboys v. Patriots and see how that turns out.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm sure cutting the last man on your roster will have a profound impact on your team.

Tampa needs to go out and sign a RB anyway, so this is not that kind of situation. All they have to choose from are street free agents, and Ricky Williams is clearly the best of that group. Who else is out there?[/quote]

Graham has been running better than Williams anyway...

the last man on your roster... how do you determine who that is?? All you need is one injury and your third string OL is second string and is needed... you can't cut special teamers , so who do you cut??

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh fuck no, keep Ricky Williams away from Green Bay

Morency and the others can get the job done, they just need to start opening up some holes.

I'm a Packer and Favre fan, but I can kinda understand your point. Thing is, I get sick everytime they start talking about Tom Brady, I just don't like that guy.
I hope Green Bay kicks the crap outta da bears ;)

I want the Patriots to go down, and I'm itching to see Cowboys v. Patriots and see how that turns out.[/quote]

I agree with you, Favre and Brady are the only things all of the sports channels like to talk about. The Packers should be able to pile up the points. Favre is on fire and we have half of our defense banged up (Tillman, Vasher, Brown, Briggs, Dvoriack, Harris)

The Packers Bears game on sunday night will be sweet! Its going to be a continuation-ass whomping from the game last december!
I'll be there, any other CAGs?

Another week, another easy win for the Pats. :)

Just wait until next week with Harrison playing again...and then a few weeks later with Seymour. Offenses will be shakin' in their boots, haha.

I can't even pretend to talk shit, I'm just happy the Pats are doing well.

[quote name='ninju D']The Packers Bears game on sunday night will be sweet! Its going to be a continuation-ass whomping from the game last december!
I'll be there, any other CAGs?[/quote]

My Parents are going there, flying in from Cali. I'll be recording on DVR so hopefully they show up on TV :p
California cheese! haha
If the Bears defense is pretty banged up, I guess this would be the time for the Packers to push the running game and get those RB's rolling. They're really gonna need that if they hope to get through to the playoffs and beyond.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Another week, another easy win for the Pats. :)

Just wait until next week with Harrison playing again...and then a few weeks later with Seymour. Offenses will be shakin' in their boots, haha.

I can't even pretend to talk shit, I'm just happy the Pats are doing well.[/QUOTE]

Another easy game for the pats next week vs. Da Browns.

Can't wait for that Dallas/New England game on the 14th which happens to be my B Day. Hopefully Dallas will hold their own against the Pats and try to keep Moss in check.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Another week, another easy win for the Pats. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, shaddup. :bomb:

Alternately,

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Another week, another straight-to-video win for the Pats. :)[/QUOTE]

Fixed. ;)

It's definitely gonna be an interesting match-up

I knew Moss was gonna explode once he left Oakland, since the same happened with Marcus Allen, but he ended up on the ONE TEAM I did not want him to go to :(

What annoys me on the Sunday Night games is when they have the PT during halftime. I was vexed when they were debating whether or not Romo would be the next Favre o_O

[quote name='pimpinc333']Can't wait for that Dallas/New England game on the 14th which happens to be my B Day. Hopefully Dallas will hold their own against the Pats and try to keep Moss in check.[/QUOTE]

The likelyhood of keeping Moss in check is the same as Doomsday happening yesterday.... it just ain't gonna happen buddy.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The likelyhood of keeping Moss in check is the same as Doomsday happening yesterday.... it just ain't gonna happen buddy.[/quote]

I hate to admit it, but I think he's right. There isn't a CB in the league right now that matches up well against him.

[quote name='ninju D']I hate to admit it, but I think he's right. There isn't a CB in the league right now that matches up well against him.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see what the Denver D could do this year, having two shutdown corners. I realize they didn't look all that great versus Indy, but I still would like to see it.

[quote name='ninju D']I hate to admit it, but I think he's right. There isn't a CB in the league right now that matches up well against him.[/quote]
He, along with the other receivers/tight end/RB would prove to be a huge problem unless the Defensive line can continually put pressure on Brady the whole game, forcing him to check down/throw quick passes, or even better, get sacked :twisted:

That might be asking for a lot, but dammit, that's probably the only other option a defense has to shut down the passing game if the CB's/Safety/DB's can't keep up :(

If you shut down Moss, which I don't see happening that easily, there are plenty of other threats like Watson, Welker and Stallworth.

Can't forget about Gaffney, who was pretty solid last year and the only returning WR actively playing.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'd like to see what the Denver D could do this year, having two shutdown corners. I realize they didn't look all that great versus Indy, but I still would like to see it.[/quote]

Nothing against Denver's CBs but they can't match up either and its nothing against their skill. Moss is 6'4". Champ Bailey is only 6' and the other CB is listed as 5'10". With Brady's ability to place a ball where he wants and Moss's skills they would be screwed. And I hate Moss. I'm a Packer fan! We have "shutdown corners" too and I wouldn't be happy about that match up. And our CBs are both 6'1"!
IMO with the rules today there isn't such a thing anymore as a shutdown corner. All the rules are biased against the DBs. It sucks but there it is.

[quote name='ninju D']Nothing against Denver's CBs but they can't match up either and its nothing against their skill. Moss is 6'4". Champ Bailey is only 6' and the other CB is listed as 5'10". With Brady's ability to place a ball where he wants and Moss's skills they would be screwed. And I hate Moss. I'm a Packer fan! We have "shutdown corners" too and I wouldn't be happy about that match up. And our CBs are both 6'1"!
IMO with the rules today there isn't such a thing anymore as a shutdown corner. All the rules are biased against the DBs. It sucks but there it is.[/quote]

The flags/penalties today are so fken ridiculous. You pretty much get called on PI for breathing on them after 5 yards. Harris and Woodson are pretty reliable for the Packers, but Woodson's tackling lately has seemed a bit...weak. He primarily goes for the upper body trying to strip the ball, but he tends to lose that fight more often than not. Let's see how much they can capitalize on the weakness of the Bears passing game.

Different reports about Alex Smith, 4-6 weeks is the most likely but the report about him getting a 2nd opinion from James Andrews is bull from Matt Maiccaio

[quote name='klwillis45']It's not getting any better for the Rams, Bulger to sit out.

I've also heard rumblings that Stephen Jackson may sit out the rest of the year if the Rams are already out.

There is always next year.[/quote]
Considering their lack-luster performance lately and an 0-4 record, I'd say still fight so you can see what the rest of the team has to offer, but if their season doesn't get any better I'd say take the loss this season and take care of your starters so they're ready to compete next season. There's no sense in fighting a losing battle and getting your starters injured in vain :/

[quote name='ph33r m3']Different reports about Alex Smith, 4-6 weeks is the most likely but the report about him getting a 2nd opinion from James Andrews is bull from Matt Maiccaio[/QUOTE]

Who? And why is he more trustworthy than ESPN?

Scanning through the AM channel and the local sports guy blurbed something about Smith being out the rest of the season. Hopefully, that's not the case. Oh, and Brady's the man.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Scanning through the AM channel and the local sports guy blurbed something about Smith being out the rest of the season. Hopefully, that's not the case. Oh, and FAVRE's the man.[/quote]

Fixed ;)

It's possible Alex Smith could be out for the rest of the season IF he opts for reconstructive surgery on his arm. It's a shame that he's suffered an injury of that magnitude this early in his career :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Fixed ;)

It's possible Alex Smith could be out for the rest of the season IF he opts for reconstructive surgery on his arm. It's a shame that he's suffered an injury of that magnitude this early in his career :/[/QUOTE]
I feel bad for the kid, good thing he got a good chunk of cash up front and can't be cut while injured. He'll be back though, he's not done.

Looks like the Pats 1st that they lost won't be missed, the 49ers pick could be top 10 if thats true.

[quote name='dafoomie']I feel bad for the kid, good thing he got a good chunk of cash up front and can't be cut while injured. He'll be back though, he's not done.

Looks like the Pats 1st that they lost won't be missed, the 49ers pick could be top 10 if thats true.[/quote]

Yeah that hurts too, but I mean Joe Staley has been our best OL, so i'll take it, we have the Colts, so maybe drafting Colt Brennan as a back-up just in case.

Matt Maiccaio is the 49ers beat-writer, he lives basically at the 49ers facility, you can hear him regularly on KNBR 680.

Travis Henry is gone if this test is considered valid
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Travis Henry has filed suit in an attempt to prevent the NFL from suspending him a year after he allegedly tested positive for marijuana in September.
He's trying to have a urine sample that wasn't taken under NFL supervision declared inadmissible. Fantasy owners should prepare for other options, and it's uncertain if he has any chance to play this week. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Denver Post that the league has no news to report in regards to Henry at this time. via rotoworld

[quote name='alucard8319']Travis Henry is gone if this test is considered valid
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4547952&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Travis Henry has filed suit in an attempt to prevent the NFL from suspending him a year after he allegedly tested positive for marijuana in September.
He's trying to have a urine sample that wasn't taken under NFL supervision declared inadmissible. Fantasy owners should prepare for other options, and it's uncertain if he has any chance to play this week. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Denver Post that the league has no news to report in regards to Henry at this time. via rotoworld[/quote]

Pffttt, he's gonna join Ricky Williams.

Like always.

fuck FANTASY FOOTBALL.

I don't know why I always let my friend talk me into playing every year but by the 3rd week I am always hating it.

M. Harrison hasnt dont a god damn thing all year....and I hate the colts and all their players. I only picked him because he is suppose to produce.

I always seem to enjoy the football season after I quit my FF league.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Yeah that hurts too, but I mean Joe Staley has been our best OL, so i'll take it, we have the Colts, so maybe drafting Colt Brennan as a back-up just in case.

Matt Maiccaio is the 49ers beat-writer, he lives basically at the 49ers facility, you can hear him regularly on KNBR 680.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should take a break, because he was flat-out wrong about the Smith-Andrews story.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Like always.

fuck FANTASY FOOTBALL.

I don't know why I always let my friend talk me into playing every year but by the 3rd week I am always hating it.

M. Harrison hasnt dont a god damn thing all year....and I hate the colts and all their players. I only picked him because he is suppose to produce.

I always seem to enjoy the football season after I quit my FF league.[/QUOTE]

I'm 4-0 in my free Yahoo league....although, my receivers keep getting injured. Boldin and Andre Johnson out this week. Megatron down, but should play. my team is still good....debating whether or not to pick up Selvin Young if Travis henry goes down, although, Mike Bell is another option also.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm 4-0 in my free Yahoo league....although, my receivers keep getting injured. Boldin and Andre Johnson out this week. Megatron down, but should play. my team is still good....debating whether or not to pick up Selvin Young if Travis henry goes down, although, Mike Bell is another option also.[/quote]

Thats what happened to me.

MJD hasnt done a damn thing all year.
M. Harrison hasnt either.
L. Maroney just went down with an injury.

And more things happened but I dont feel like typing them.

Because I am so competitive I cant just sit back and watch a football game anymore. I am always checking stats and comparing and blah blah blah.

I really have to stop letting my friend talk me into it. I am pretty sure he only does it because he knows I will quit and he can have an easy win plus he useally trades all the guys I pick to himself because I stopped caring.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I really have to stop letting my friend talk me into it. I am pretty sure he only does it because he knows I will quit and he can have an easy win plus he useally trades all the guys I pick to himself because I stopped caring.[/quote]

Remind me to never be in a league with you.

[quote name='Chitown021']Looks like the Lions showed their true colors today...[/quote]

Like they always do.

The wins they got this year were vs teams that were ravaged with injuries.

Lions fans will always say....we beat the bears. That bears defense isnt even close to the defense last year.

Man I hate the lions more an any other sports team. I love the fact that they lose games.

Great job to Jason Campbell. That guy is fantastic (even better when he started my Yahoo league today!).
My Fantasy Groups are all with the same site (AnimeonDVD)
1st in NFL
2nd in ESPN
12th (last) in Yahoo!

Its very satisfying when you start Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward in the same league :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Woot woot... Pats win! :D[/quote]

Hell yes bitches.

Can't wait for next week...Pats vs. Cowboys, it oughta be good.

Damn those N.O. Saints. They were the only game I lost in my 8 game card I bet on. I'll never place a bet for the Saints to win ever again. They Blow.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Damn those N.O. Saints. They were the only game I lost in my 8 game card I bet on. I'll never place a bet for the Saints to win ever again. They Blow.[/quote]
They blew the lead and bid for the win, sooooo many dropped passes it's like watching...I dunno, a high school receiver squad?

Chargers totally rocked the Broncos, I didn't see that coming o_O, and I was also jazzed by the shutout the Steelers pitched against Seattle

Packers play in a couple minutes, woo hoo! They better give the Bears a beating or I'mma be dissapointed, just like UCLA/USC going down on the same Saturday against teams they SHOULD HAVE BEATEN....BY A LOT :evil:
At least Pacquiao beat Barrera, so the day wasn't a total failure :D

[quote name='Chitown021']Yikes, looks like the Bears aren't even going to try tonight.[/quote] Sorry, but I hope it goes like this all night.

I liked that last tackle btw :p

3 and out, just like I like it ;)

bread's done
Back