NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

[quote name='Matt Young']Between that and the connection troubles we had with our game and attempted 2nd game, I'd sayit's the Watterworth curse. ;) Just kidding.[/quote]

we had no connection troubles!! haha my disc freezes from time to time during the load process before the game... I didn't have the lag you had so I dunno.

Yeah, if he can't play any games after the patch, we have to let him go, I already told him that. He tried to play N8 and had the same problem.

I'm sure we could find someone who would play a few games every day to make the rest up quick.

There's always that new Taco guy.

Man, I wish I wasn't sitting here doing work for an online class. I miss being able to play video games whenever I want.

Matt, PM me any time tonight if you are done with that work and want to play our two games. I'm sittin around for the rest of the night.

Okay. I'm not sure if I will have time or not since I am leaving in an hour and a half and I'm not sure how long this assignment will take. But if I do have time, I'll message you on Live if you're on, or here if you're not on Live.

Ok, I thought I'd post this up for you guys.

Since I got so into this game, I grew a beard sorta for the league.

phpFyqzlNAM.jpg

And now knowing I won't make the playoffs, I shaved it off

phpLs1FXlAM.jpg

The reason I'm all broken out is from laying down carpeting all day and tearing it up. :(

That is all, gonna go play some OTP with fellow CAG's for now if anybody is up for joining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should see me when I'm really pist off.

Ha Ha, Good one Shady. Bob Barker and I have something in common, we both knocked out Happy Gilmore! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad new has hit the Cag Crotch Sharks on Wednesday. Sarah Palin announced her retirement from the EASHL. Her fiesty elbowing and constant turnovers will be missed by many throughout the orginazation. She will return to Alaska and hunt polar bears with her bare hands.

In the wake of her dismissal, it was learned that the Crotch Sharks will reunite a formidable duo whose sheer agility and great team chemistry should spark the Crotch Sharks to the top...

300_110235.jpg

Lindsey and Paris back together again. Live in fear EASHL....:D

Marino, great game in goal last night.... that 1-0 loss was tough to take, especially since the goal game with 5 seconds left... I wish my head-butt goal had gone in!

Ah, was wondering why you left so early heh. Not a bad couple of games last night. Shame my Goal tending SUCKED. Those two goals were so damn horrible. Makes me mad when I can actually Goal tend well only to be beat by a puck that rolls off my back, or when I go down to save the five hole, I stand up and it looks like I shit the puck out into the goal. None the less, great goaltending last night Marino. That headbutt goal would have made the EA website for sure. That was just to amazing, if only it went in how ever. Not looking to promising for me either on Friday since my buddy is coming into to town and it's just gonna be 7 days of drunkiness together.

Thanks guys. That was an unreal game. You guys should of scored a bunch of goals in that game if it wsn't for that superman-like goalie. And that headbutt! Pele would of been so proud Destro. ;)

Sorry for the F-Bomb I dropped by the way, but I tottally was out of position on that goal. I know we will get it done next time though.

Taco I think you go to My NHL 09 > Performance Tracker from the main menu to pull up your card and stats.

Looking forward to tomorrow guys. :D

I love trying to play goal, I figure it's the only way to learn the position, I just hate playing it with pickups, because I don't want to be told every 2 seconds "Just quit" etc etc. I'm not bad at it, but it takes some time to learn the positioning, especially dealing with cross crease passes/wraparounds and the like.

On the other hand, as long as you guys don't mind the occasional bad goaltender, I play just about every position, and certainly don't mind filling any spot that's needed. A lot of times I pick my position last because I don't care which one I get.

[quote name='taloncarde']I love trying to play goal, I figure it's the only way to learn the position, I just hate playing it with pickups, because I don't want to be told every 2 seconds "Just quit" etc etc. I'm not bad at it, but it takes some time to learn the positioning, especially dealing with cross crease passes/wraparounds and the like.

On the other hand, as long as you guys don't mind the occasional bad goaltender, I play just about every position, and certainly don't mind filling any spot that's needed. A lot of times I pick my position last because I don't care which one I get.[/quote]

I played yesterday afternoon... as goalie with another human goalie on the other team...

I let up a bad goal, a glitchy goal, and then they beat me with three really good shots... my team was also playing no defense, both defenseman thought they were the second comings of Al Iafrate and McInnis...

anyways, after the 5th goal I hear my teammate over my speakers... "God... our goalie fucking sucks!"

at that point on I let up nothing and we rallied from 4 down to win the game... the other human goalie quit after letting up the go ahead goal with 10 mins left in the game, and I stonewalled them the rest of the time...

so, you just gotta play to get better.

I know this squad never wants to see me in goal again... but to be honest, I drink wine before playing on Fridays and I thought because of the game view I had set up that I was the other teams goalie.... oops.

I will seek redemption at some point!

[quote name='taloncarde']I just hate playing it with pickups, because I don't want to be told every 2 seconds "Just quit" etc etc.[/quote]

[quote name='DestroVega']anyways, after the 5th goal I hear my teammate over my speakers... "God... our goalie fucking sucks!"[/quote]

Yeah, this is why I don't listen to chat when I'm practicing goalie with randoms. I sort of feel bad if I give up some stupid goals. But considering it's a glitch & cheese wasteland right now, attempting to learn the position with any group of guys is risking a lynching. Hopefully after the patch comes out there won't be so much hate for playing any less than perfect.

I enjoy playing goalie, and I feel like I got it down pretty good. Plus, it gives me an out to "never passing to anyone" haha.

I think I've found that I play goal better then any forward and defensive position. I'm still trying to get the hang of shooting, s most of my shots are either right into the goalie's chect or 10 fet from the net. Its a work in progress though I guess.

I had a couple league related questions for you guys. I found out tonight how to lock in as a goalie during versus games (and got the two achievements that go along with it. ;) ) and I was wondering if for the league it is required to play as we have been, or is the option of playing locked as the goalie open? Also would you guys think this would be a good idea for the next league?

Also Destro's brother and I trie playing tonight and it skipped. :(

Mooj, Chunky, and Matt I still have games against you guys too.

Panther, will you be available tomorrow? I have an appointment at 6 Eastern- might as well put all times in Eastern since you and 75% of the rest of the team are in that time zone- and then I'm leaving for a hockey game around 8:30 eastern, which should give me an hour to play in between. Also, I can probably play a little earlier, and then after I return from the game, but that won't be till around 1:30-2 A.M. Eastern.

[quote name='Matt Young']Panther, will you be available tomorrow? I have an appointment at 6 Eastern- might as well put all times in Eastern since you and 75% of the rest of the team are in that time zone- and then I'm leaving for a hockey game around 8:30 eastern, which should give me an hour to play in between. Also, I can probably play a little earlier, and then after I return from the game, but that won't be till around 1:30-2 A.M. Eastern.[/quote]

Yeah that works for me Matt.

[quote name='Panther1484']Also Destro's brother and I trie playing tonight and it skipped. :([/quote]

Something is wrong with his connection or disc... I think I'm gonna bring my disc to his place to see if it works there and if not, we will wait for the patch to see if that has any effect... if not, we have to boot him and get someone else.

See you guys tonight at 8?...

HEy Matt, I'm in the West. If you are available when you get back from the game, I'll be on and maybe we can get our league game in. What do you think?

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it tonight. But right now it's looking like a 30% Chance. IF my sister calls me, then It's gonna be a slim chance since we'll have to drive over to Orlando which is 2 hours, then another 2 hours back. On top of that, my best friend is down here from Jersey and he is stuck on gay SFIV. So I'll try to get on if possible.

[quote name='Matt Young']Panther, you mean before I leave or after I get back. Captain Obvious, I will message you after I return.[/quote]

Whoops guess I should of clarified. Message me on Live when you get back from your appointment and we can at least play one game before you go to the hockey game.

I'm back. My friend canceled on me for the game, though, so is it cool if I do some homework now and we play a little later before the OTP begins? I'll probably take a break to eat in a half hour or so. Maybe we could play after that?

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm back. My friend canceled on me for the game, though, so is it cool if I do some homework now and we play a little later before the OTP begins? I'll probably take a break to eat in a half hour or so. Maybe we could play after that?[/quote]

Sure thing. Just invite me when you are ready.

Panther and I split our set, each winning 1-0. Great games, both.

I should be available for some OTP in a while. Are we doing regular ranked or CAG vs. CAG?

couldn't stay on last night... girl got home early and for some reason wouldn't go to bed early even though she had to get up early. next week will be good though, we should have the patch.

[quote name='DestroVega']couldn't stay on last night... girl got home early and for some reason wouldn't go to bed early even though she had to get up early. next week will be good though, we should have the patch.[/quote]

That's when you give her a good MrHockeying. :D

I think that's why I've been doing goalie, cause I just know I'll set the record for most penalty minutes ever in a Game.

A good mrhockey-ing only last about 1 min it or so. Enjoy it while it lasts. Enojoy while it lasts.

You never know when she will fall asleep on ya and then you get coined with the phrase mrhockey-ing

I have actually been playing d and went two full games without a penality!!!! Seem to be doing a lot better this way. I can see the pass up ice but can't score. So this works well. Plus I still get to hit!

Haven't been able to get on the last 2 nights for too long, but got some random pick up goalie in, and actually did really well. I turned of my mic so I wouldn't have to listen to people point out my flaws, but I think it also helped me concentrate, ended up winning 4-3, and I made 15 saves (and about 5 of those at LEAST I robbed them on)

Look forward to the patch for sure though, played a game today with a glitch scorer getting 5 on the short slapshot

Fun times on Friday night guys. Held our own in the EASHL games and had a couple good games via CAG v. CAG. Really looking forward to Patch Day. It's like Christmas in February! :)

ChunkyB lt me know when it would be a good time to ply our league games. Your last on my list buddy.

I finally finished my first regular season with the Kings. It took me 4 months rather than 3 weeks as in NHL 08, but I have a lot more games now (Fallout owns my soul) and a lot less free time. I finished with 98 points (40-24-18), good for 7th best in the NHL, 4th in the Western Conference, and 2nd in the Pacific Division behind Anaheim. I beat the Sharks in LA in the final game to take the 4 seed and home ice in my opening round playoff series against San Jose.

The thing that sucks is that, while I started my season on All-Star and switched to Pro after I went into a funk, I still can't score on All-Star like I used to. I switched back and went 1-3-1. I lose by 1 goal almost every time, but it's always 1-0 or 2-1. I can score online on the All-Star difficulty. It's so frustrating.

I'm worried about the patch, too. I haven't checked the PS3 forum here, but lots of people at the Let's Go Kings forums really hate the patch. Apparently, EA overdid it with the penalties so you can't even graze a player without the puck without being called for a penalty.

[quote name='Matt Young']I finally finished my first regular season with the Kings. It took me 4 months rather than 3 weeks as in NHL 08, but I have a lot more games now (Fallout owns my soul) and a lot less free time. I finished with 98 points (40-24-18), good for 7th best in the NHL, 4th in the Western Conference, and 2nd in the Pacific Division behind Anaheim. I beat the Sharks in LA in the final game to take the 4 seed and home ice in my opening round playoff series against San Jose.

The thing that sucks is that, while I started my season on All-Star and switched to Pro after I went into a funk, I still can't score on All-Star like I used to. I switched back and went 1-3-1. I lose by 1 goal almost every time, but it's always 1-0 or 2-1. I can score online on the All-Star difficulty. It's so frustrating.

I'm worried about the patch, too. I haven't checked the PS3 forum here, but lots of people at the Let's Go Kings forums really hate the patch. Apparently, EA overdid it with the penalties so you can't even graze a player without the puck without being called for a penalty.[/quote]

I've read a lot of people's opinions, and hockey purists seem to like it. They basically are telling people who are complaining to stop hitting people without the puck... I never get penalties, so I'm not worried about it too much.

bread's done
Back