NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

Wow Alan, That was one of the best posts I have read all year long. So damn awesome! I hope more members read that and just not skim it over.

Also, can't wait for tonight fellas!

Not to be a douche but, It's Russell. :D

how do i get into the OTP games now that they are private and against one another? I'm going to play tonight... 8 PM right?

Yeah, last week we did private matches just against each other. I'll be on at 8, because I wanna be done by midnight. Just meet in the dressing room, so we can get a good idea of how many people are playing.

Slow day at work...might get off early and hop on in time.

And I'll fix the story when I get bored, I already spent FAR too much time typing it up last night. There are so many typos.

I'll try to get on as early as possible too. I think I still need another game or 2 in league play too if anyone wants to play after team play.

I have to ask, has anyone played 3 on 3 Arcade yet? I saw someone playing it last night, but I can't remember who it was. It's so freaking fun. We'll have to get a group to play that (or maybe it's just 1 on 1). Anyways, it's way fun.

is Matt Young still alive? hasn't played a game in a while and I haven't seen him post... that's all I need to play left as of right now.

Hey ChunkyB, I'll be late getting on tonight, but I will be on late, so we should get our League game in if we can.

I have the 3 on 3 and I really like it, its different ... yet the same?! controls are the same, and its nice to pick up and play a quick 5 min game when you need to scratch the itch and only have a small amount of time.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I got to impregnate the wife again. Have to pass on tonight. You know blows before bros. Good luck guys[/quote]

LMAO wow.

I'll be on in about 45. Got pizza coming and watching the rest of SmackDown!

I'll also be up if anyone wants to play 3-on-3 Arcade as well after we do OTP.

EDIT: Might be on a bit later, got something to do about quarter to tenish.

ChunkyB, thanks for the games last night. Nice quick matches, sorry I had to hit and run, but the wife had me on a leash last night... and it wasn't to impregnate her :(

Yeah, I don't think I'll be making any writeups anytime soon XD.

But great games last night, especially goalie games.

My bad Regian ;). I still kinda feel bad lol.

Vulcan - Thanks for the condoliences. Spending eight hours in a car over a two day span is not my idea of fun...

Mooj - Great write-up! That was an epic game. Hopefully we run into another team that has one glitcher like that again.

Didn't get back till late last night. I'll probabaly be on tonight if any one wants to play otp/league games.

Decided to bite on 3v3. Fun game. A bit too easy to score on a breakaway, but unless you have a team of strongs, both teams get breakaways often enough that it doesn't "break" the game.
Hit me up if you want to play.

And for the league, I still need get at Matt, Chunky, and tootsie, and one more against Panther. Let me know if you want to play when we are both on.

[quote name='moojuice']Yeah, I don't think I'll be making any writeups anytime soon XD.

But great games last night, especially goalie games.

My bad Regian ;). I still kinda feel bad lol.[/quote]

rofl

fuckin' AI

[quote name='moojuice']Decided to bite on 3v3. Fun game. A bit too easy to score on a breakaway, but unless you have a team of strongs, both teams get breakaways often enough that it doesn't "break" the game.
Hit me up if you want to play.

And for the league, I still need get at Matt, Chunky, and tootsie, and one more against Panther. Let me know if you want to play when we are both on.[/QUOTE]

I read the reviews and got scared off of 3 on 3. I wish I had gotten to play with you guys, though. Last night, I had a party.

However, I had a nice hockey overtime doubleheader today. I went to LA to see a very good game in which the Kings really controlled the game the last 2/3 of the way (missed period 1 anyway due to traffic) but lost 3-2 after dropping a shootout. Then the Reign beat the Las Vegas Wranglers in overtime, 2-1, in my night cap in Ontario.

My schedule is that I am available most nights. School starts on Tuesday, after which I will be unavailable before 1 or so P.M. Pacific on Monday/Wednesday and maybe 4:30 Pacific on Tuesday/Thursday.

I still can't believe we went 5 overtimes. The wife yells at me today for not quitting and going to wal-mart sooner with her. But I simply said I could not leave my CAG'rs like that, especially in such an epic game.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I still can't believe we went 5 overtimes. The wife yells at me today for not quitting and going to wal-mart sooner with her. But I simply said I could not leave my CAG'rs like that, especially in such an epic game.[/quote]

I'm happy that us CAGs have our priorities in check :D

Wish I could of been part of that epic game...hopefully next time!

[quote name='SeanAmI']Wanna play our games later tonight Matt?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see that till just now. Sorry.

I played Destro once and then couldn't connect for a second game. Destro, are you wireless? You lost connection before the first game even started, then when we did play, the game lagegd terribly in the first period and a half or so and continued to have slowdown/collision detection issues along with green circles appearing behind the goaltenders.

But overall, good game. It was very evenly matched in everything except for my doubling of your TOA, yet yous till handed me my first regulation loss. I still can't believe I had like 3 straight shots ping off the post and then you scored the game winner on a blue line slaps shot by Ovechkin.

Mr. Hockey messaged me about playing, but I won't be available again until the WWE PPV ends 3 hours from right.... now.

I don't have a wireless connection... my game froze on loading, which has happened on my disc a tad... I never have lag at all so I don't know if it's my end.

As for the second game not connecting, I have no idea... it always says you are offline in NHL even when you are online, so maybe that has something to do with it?... in any case, when we get to play our last game, if it still won't connect you can just request me to play, I don't care if you have two home games, not like home ice matters.

I just asked since I have never had any problems playing with others. If you want to try in an hour or so, we can have another go at it. If that's too late, I will be available most of tomorrow afternoon (well, evening for you).

[quote name='Matt Young']I just asked since I have never had any problems playing with others. If you want to try in an hour or so, we can have another go at it. If that's too late, I will be available most of tomorrow afternoon (well, evening for you).[/quote]

I should still be on around 11... just come on and I'll look for ya

Well I tried to play my other brother tonight in league play so he can get started, and for some reason at the first faceoff after the game starts, the game sort of starts... skipping... the players line up for the face, and then it rewinds like 4 seconds and does that continuously, sometimes it then rewinds to the opening faceoff, and then back to the present faceoff.

He said the same thing happened when he tried to play N8... he's in another league and it's never happened.... has anyone heard of anything like this??

[quote name='Cravin_Taco_Bell']I would like to find some team to play with club wise or OTP. It's no longer fun just playing pick up games. I would like to join up and play with anyone.[/quote]

Bring some Taco Bell and you are defently in. :D

I'm playing in a club, but would enjoy playing with a club that I can usually find members on. My gamertag is talonunt, I play wing mostly, but I can play just about any position, although I don't guarantee much if i'm in goal.

Would not mind joining a league as well, but the OTP is so much fun I sometimes feel awkward controlling an entire team.

Last edited by a moderator:
love the name....starwars nut????

join us on fridays they are a blast and

destro the skipping thing has happened to me a bunch. I tried to play a whole game like that. Very annoying !

I still need matt chuncky and the newbie. Let me know if you guys wanna do league

Ironically, i was using the name Talon (taloncarde) for RPG stuff before I read the Zahn books with Talon Karrde, but I kepe using the name anyways. My first Live account (for original XBOX) was the same name, but I didn't renew it so they closed my account for some reason, and when I got the 360 I had to create a new one, so I used Talon and my college, UNT ;P

I'll see if I can join up with ya'll fridays, where do you meet up, in a private chat or should I send out some friend requests?

[quote name='Cravin_Taco_Bell']Yeah we'd all be in trouble if we could send food from our tv.[/quote]

Man, I'd love to live in that world for one day. Reminds me of the scratch-and-sniff commercials someone had a couple years ago.

Nice to see a couple newbies joining the "worst community since Smackdown" lol. I'm sure one of the GMs will send you an invite to the league and then we either play OTP against each other or play EASHL. Good times are a sure thing though.

[quote name='taloncarde']
I'll see if I can join up with ya'll fridays, where do you meet up, in a private chat or should I send out some friend requests?[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to do it for a couple more Fridays, but I would like to now this as well.

Just send a friend request to n8rocker, me at Matt Young 951, or really any of the thread regulars like Vulcan or the other who have posted on the last page or two. There's always a group playing on Friday nights at the very least. And I'm up for games on other days, though I'll be available less often with school starting back up.

This was posted on EA's forum this morning at 9:39 AM

Here are the release notes for the second patch.

Exploit fixes:

-Prevent players from entering games with attributes that are raised beyond the level they can reach with the card they are entitled to have. Players who have elevated their attributes this way should reset their character by changing the type and reassigning their points.
-Limit the size of human goalies in OTP/EASHL games to 6'4" (NOTE: it will still allow them to be set larger, but the actual height in game will not go above the new limit).
-Fixed some problems that could cause the game to hang or go out of sync when pausing.
- Prevent use of LB to get up instantly after being knocked over.
-Reduce accuracy of shooting while using vision control to skate backwards.
-Prevent high, accurate slap shots from in close to the net.

Other changes:

-Reduced the ease of beating the goalie on the short side.
-Decrease the tendency of the goalies to use a desperation save unnecessarily.
-Strict calling of interference, though you can still clear players directly in front of the net without getting called for interference.
-Added stick lift to Classic controls using LB+X(XBox) /L1+Square(PS3). It is also on R3 (press Right Stick).
-Fixed shot targeting using the Always Up control when skating down ice.
-Added new NHL rule to locate face- offs in the attacking zone to start a powerplay.
- Prevent CPU players from getting delay of game penalties frequently while clearing the puck from their zone.
- Prevent puck from being poke checked away from the goalie when he has it covered under his glove.
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the last man back, holding RT(Xbox)/R2(PS3)
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the goalie, holding LB+A(Xbox)/L1+X(PS3)
-Reduce the range of heights on randomly generated CPU players, including goalies.
-Eliminate the ability to accelerate and maintain high speed which stick lifting.
-More penalties for high sticking when stick lifts are done from behind the opponent.
-Made the colours of the OTP/EASHL indicators more distinct (yellow and orange).
-Made face-off outcomes slightly more random and slightly less dependent on attributes.
-Added assistance to prevent one-timer and shot attempts from leading to accidental hits and interference penalties.
-Goalie tuning to increase goal-scoring a bit to compensate for taking away the easy short-side high goals.
-Improve hit stat tracking to not count all of the small bumps in front of the net.
-Increased injuries caused by CPU teams.
-Prevent puck from being launched with very high speed following a hit.
-AI tuning for superstar. The Aggression slider now affects how intense the CPU team is on that difficulty level.

The patch is out for PS3, but not yet for Xbox360.

I also found this:

I don't know anything definitive, but last patch, the 360 version was about a week after the PS3. If you're hoping for it today, you may not wanna get your hopes up. Again, I don't know, and frankly I hope I'm wrong, but just so you know, the PS3 got patched earlier last time, so it may be like that again.

Expect the 360 patch to be published on or about 2/27. This is due to Microsoft's 10-day testing policy.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I also found this:

I don't know anything definitive, but last patch, the 360 version was about a week after the PS3. If you're hoping for it today, you may not wanna get your hopes up. Again, I don't know, and frankly I hope I'm wrong, but just so you know, the PS3 got patched earlier last time, so it may be like that again.

Expect the 360 patch to be published on or about 2/27. This is due to Microsoft's 10-day testing policy.[/quote]

We shall see... so it looks like they made it HARDER to score... how is that even possible?

At least we can go back to OTP and now it should be fair, uncluding no goalies that are enormously huge... they should cap regular player size limit too, I played a guy who was double the size of my player defending me.

bread's done
Back