Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:

Highlights
  • Mario & Luigi Brothership - November 7
  • NES World Championships: NES Edition - July 18
  • Fairy Tail 2 - Winter
  • Fantasian Neo Dimension - Holiday 2024
  • Nintendo Switch Sports Basketball update - Summer 2024
  • Mio: Memories in Orbit - 2025
  • Disney Illusion Island update - Out Today
  • Hello Kitty Island Adventure - 2025 - Timed Console Exclusive
  • Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports - Fall 2024
  • Among Us update - Out Today
  • Farmagia - November 1
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns HD - January 16, 2025
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake - November 14
  • Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake - 2025
  • Funko Fusion - September 13
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - June 27
  • The New Denpa Men - Free to Play - July 22 - Timed Exclusive
  • Metal Slug Attack Reloaded - Out Today
  • Darkest Dungeon II - Out Today
  • Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero - 2025
  • Marvel vs Capcom FIghting Collection: Arcade Classics - 2024
  • Super Mario Party Jamboree - October 17
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom - September 26
  • Just Dance 2025 Edition - October 2024
  • LEGO Horizon Adventures - Holiday 2024
  • Stray - Holiday 2024
  • Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game - Holiday 2024
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Collection - September 6
  • The Hundred Line: Last Defense Academy - Early 2025
  • Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven - October 24
  • Metroid Prime 4 Beyond - 2025
NSO + Expansion Pack Out Today
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Four Swords
  • Metroid Zero Mission
  • N64 Mature 17+ app - Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Perfect Dark (with online multiplayer)

Last edited:
Too bad that Marvel vs Capcom arcade collection doesn't include the 1992 X-Men arcade game. That would have been an instant buy.

I saw all that Marvel stuff and my brain went instantly to 1992 Xmen.

Last edited:
Would be a little weird to have a Konami game in a Capcom collection.

Good point, not sure why I thought that was Capcom.

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Metroid Prime 4 Beyond looks solid.

Cautiously hyped for new Zelda game with it's new gameplay mechanic.

DQ III 2D-HD looks good, too bad I&II are getting a separate release next year. I get that they want us to play the games in story order, but I prefer release order.

Last edited:
Mario and Luigi! Dragon Quest III! New Zelda! MARVEL VS CAPCOM?!

Holy crap, what a great show! Yeah, we didn't get my precious Wii U Zelda games, but what they did show was awesome! Plus, Metroid Prime 4 isn't dead! Though, I think that's going to be a Switch 2 launch title. Anyway, I'd say this surpassed the Xbox Showcase for me because so many of these games are coming out before the end of the year. The Switch still has life in it yet!

Mario and Luigi could be fun. Looking forward to Zelda and another gold console!
Metroid looks almost too good for Switch. It may be a Switch 2 title.

Awesome direct!! My prediction is still alive that Prime 4 will be a Switch 2 launch game while still working on Switch. Papa Geno was right about the new Zelda and Prime 4. It's really cool that Zelda comes out in 3 months!

Evidently Xbox isn't getting the Marvel vs. Capcom collection, which is not only a load of bollocks but suggests dim days ahead for the brand. Capcom supported the Saturn and Dreamcast, two dead consoles walking, but even they don't have much confidence in the future of the Series.

I'm surprised they didn't do a "while you wait till 2025 for Metroid Prime 4, here's Metroid Prime 2 & 3" reveal.
It's weird because there's been rumors about them for awhile now and I for sure thought they would announce them at this direct. They're supposedly very basic remasters and not super polished like the first prime game.

It's weird because there's been rumors about them for awhile now and I for sure thought they would announce them at this direct. They're supposedly very basic remasters and not super polished like the first prime game.
Maybe they are remastering 2 similarly to 1 and just doing a simple remaster for 3 and will release them in 2025 before 4 comes out.

Three Mario RPGs within about 12 months is an embarrassment of riches. Yeah, two were remakes, but considering the last Mario & Luigi game was one of the worst-selling Nintendo games of all time, the series developer was shuttered, and its cousin series Paper Mario has devolved into a strange point and click / puzzle game abomination that is definitely no longer an RPG… well, things turned out better than expected for Mario RPG fans.

The new Mario Party looks like it will be a lot of fun too. Not a bad final year for the switch, it will go down as one of the goats for sure.

Did anyone mention the CVS promo going on right now?

If you buy $100 in Nintendo eShop cards while using your CVS "ExtraCare" account (card or phone number), you'll get back $20 in store credit (Extrabucks?) that can be used on most merchandise. Not more gift cards, sadly.

I heard about the promo, and had a hard time finding a CVS with Nintendo cards in stock. When I -did- there, was no signage up about the promo. It WAS listed in the CVS app -- multiple varieties of cards have the same promo right now, and it runs through June 22.

If you think you can spend $20 at CVS on something else, this is ALMOST a 20% discount. Sort of.

Maybe they are remastering 2 similarly to 1 and just doing a simple remaster for 3 and will release them in 2025 before 4 comes out.
From the rumors 2 and 3 have been done, but they've been sitting on them. I doubt they're getting prime 1's remastering since Retro has been busy with Prime 4. I just hope for something like Pikmin 1+2 in a bundle of Prime 2/3 for $50.

Has Anyone ever purchased from DKoldies? I am looking to get into collecting for the n64, I have nothing atm. They look reputable along with a site called Game Over Videogames, which also has a physical location here in Austin,TX. Trying to decide if I buy from a store like them or Fb/ebay.

Has Anyone ever purchased from DKoldies? I am looking to get into collecting for the n64, I have nothing atm. They look reputable along with a site called Game Over Videogames, which also has a physical location here in Austin,TX. Trying to decide if I buy from a store like them or Fb/ebay.
DKOldies is legit, but I have always felt like their prices are too high. But you run the risk of getting fake carts on eBay, so sometimes it's worth paying a little more for peace of mind, whether that's at a local game store or something like DKOldies. But if you're looking to find good deals, Offer Up is a good way to go, just read up on spotting fake carts

From the rumors 2 and 3 have been done, but they've been sitting on them. I doubt they're getting prime 1's remastering since Retro has been busy with Prime 4. I just hope for something like Pikmin 1+2 in a bundle of Prime 2/3 for $50.
Why would Nintendo do that? Would be really weird for them not to get the same treatment. Prime is still $39.99. Not sure how well it sold but I'm sure 2 and 3 will be the same price.

Do yourself a favor and visit that local store instead. The people there will be able to help you not only get into collecting for the N64, but can help you with what you should get for it, not only as far as good games, but also accessories. The N64 has a controller that doesn't have the best analog stick in the world, so they can help you with that as well. Also when it comes to buying games, price charting is your friend.

Don't bother with dk oldies or sites like Amazon. They are there specifically to rip off customers who want to get retro games but don't know how much to pay. Your local store might not have the selection they have, but you can actually see what you are buying, and the website will often take advantage of that by selling at inflated prices and them sending damaged cartridges.

Finally, keep in mind that these older systems are made for CRT tvs. If you don't have one, look strongly into something that you can use that will connect your Nintendo 64 av cable to hdmi, otherwise it's going to look awful on a big screen tv

Last edited:
Stay away from dkoldies. They are overpriced. Ebay is the best option because you can get games at or below market price. Just make sure there are pics of the boards so you can verify if it's real. Local stores are fine but you are going to pay over market price, but as others said it's convenient. Anything over $50 ask to see the board. Stores will have no problem doing that for you. I personally bring my own driver to check out expensive carts at stores or conventions. Also download the pricecharting app just to see what market price on a game is. That way you can decide if you're comfortable with the store price. Most stores will haggle. Lastly I buy common games from lukiegames. The prices are good for commons stuff, but overpriced like dkoldies for the uncommon/rare games.

Why would Nintendo do that? Would be really weird for them not to get the same treatment. Prime is still $39.99. Not sure how well it sold but I'm sure 2 and 3 will be the same price.
It's Nintendo they always do odd things. Luigi's mansion 1 and 2 should have been remastered together in a collection instead of just 2 by itself. They were probably planning on doing 2/3 like Prime 1 but then Retro got put in charge of Prime 4 restarting development on it. I would love to be proven wrong but even with some more simple ports I'll gladly take that.

There’s definitely going to be at least one more Direct this year, so they will probably stealth drop Metroid Prime 2 and/or 3 then, alongside another look at Metroid Prime 4. Metroid Prime 1 was basically stealth dropped after all. Dunno, maybe 2 & 3 were supposed to be simple HD ports, but after the hugely positive reception the first game got and its apparently strong sales (the first run sold out everywhere), Nintendo probably changed their minds and decided to give the same remastering treatment to the 2 sequels… hence the delay. Just my theory. But who knows, Nintendo sits on games occasionally for whatever reason. FE Engage was completed for almost a year before it was even revealed, for example.

Do yourself a favor and visit that local store instead. The people there will be able to help you not only get into collecting for the N64, but can help you with what you should get for it, not only as far as good games, but also accessories. The N64 has a controller that doesn't have the best analog stick in the world, so they can help you with that as well. Also when it comes to buying games, price charting is your friend.

Don't bother with dk oldies or sites like Amazon. They are there specifically to rip off customers who want to get retro games but don't know how much to pay. Your local store might not have the selection they have, but you can actually see what you are buying, and the website will often take advantage of that by selling at inflated prices and them sending damaged cartridges.

Finally, keep in mind that these older systems are made for CRT tvs. If you don't have one, look strongly into something that you can use that will connect your Nintendo 64 av cable to hdmi, otherwise it's going to look awful on a big screen tv

Stay away from dkoldies. They are overpriced. Ebay is the best option because you can get games at or below market price. Just make sure there are pics of the boards so you can verify if it's real. Local stores are fine but you are going to pay over market price, but as others said it's convenient. Anything over $50 ask to see the board. Stores will have no problem doing that for you. I personally bring my own driver to check out expensive carts at stores or conventions. Also download the pricecharting app just to see what market price on a game is. That way you can decide if you're comfortable with the store price. Most stores will haggle. Lastly I buy common games from lukiegames. The prices are good for commons stuff, but overpriced like dkoldies for the uncommon/rare games.

Thanks for the insight. Had an n64 as a kid but sold it to get the GameCube lol. Definitely not going to try and do a full on CIB collection but just the 50 or so games I remember having growing up, loose or cib. Had never heard of the price charting website that will be super useful making sure I don't get ripped off lol. Any tips on hdmi converters or upscaling? That eon thing looks nice but pricey compared to the hyperkin converter.

Thanks for the insight. Had an n64 as a kid but sold it to get the GameCube lol. Definitely not going to try and do a full on CIB collection but just the 50 or so games I remember having growing up, loose or cib. Had never heard of the price charting website that will be super useful making sure I don't get ripped off lol. Any tips on hdmi converters or upscaling? That eon thing looks nice but pricey compared to the hyperkin converter.
That's awesome dude. Hope you have fun collecting. Some things are crazy price wise now, but just take your time & look out for deals when building that collection. My favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time & it's the only N64 game I own. I got a mint in box collector's edition. I got a Everdrive 64 V3 to play everything else. I did collect my childhood faves on NES, Genesis & SNES. Mostly loose, only my absolute faves CIB & priceharting was a very good resource. They also have board pics for a lot of games. I personally play my old systems on a crt. I know people love the retrotink, but I don't have experience with it.

I have the eon converter for N64 and gamecube. It works great. I didn't pay full price though.

If you Google n64 to hdmi converter, you'll find cheaper options, like pound, for example. Just try to look up reviews on stuff before you buy it. Also, if just playing the games on original hardware is what you want to do, and collecting the games themselves isn't as important, you may want to consider buying a flash cart. You would have to locate and download rom files online, but with a flash cart, you just put those files on a micro SD cart and insert it into the flash cart. There's a guy called krikzz that does really good flash carts. They're not cheap, but it's still cheaper than buying 50 or so games and he usually has a sale around black Friday. I've got a snes, genesis and turbo grafx one from him. What's also nice about those is that you can also look for homebrew games, room hacks that people make, translations of Japanese only games, ect, that you wouldn't be able to just easily buy a game cart of. Just something to keep in mind

Last edited:
Was going to wait for a sale on this since the Capcom FIghting Collection went on sale soon after launch and I stupidly pre-ordered that (needed my Darkstalkers fix), but I have a feeling this one is going to do much better. These are games fans have been waiting for absolute years to get ported, after all. So, I dropped a Switch pre-order at Best Buy. This is just amazing, I can't believe this is finally happening. Major highlight of the Direct for me.

I just saw this bundle randomly on the eShop. It contains the fairly recent aerial shooter Warhammer 40k: Dakka Squadron (which just got a patch), top-down hack n' slash Deflector and sci-fi horror FPS Syndrome. The 3 game bundle is on sale for $1.99 until July 5th and it will take about 18 GB of space.

What's pretty insane is that the Warhammer game got a patch a month ago and was on sale for $4.99 (which I almost bought). Now you can get it and two other games for 2 bucks. Not bad!

I just saw this bundle randomly on the eShop. It contains the fairly recent aerial shooter Warhammer 40k: Dakka Squadron (which just got a patch), top-down hack n' slash Deflector and sci-fi horror FPS Syndrome. The 3 game bundle is on sale for $1.99 until July 5th and it will take about 18 GB of space.

What's pretty insane is that the Warhammer game got a patch a month ago and was on sale for $4.99 (which I almost bought). Now you can get it and two other games for 2 bucks. Not bad!
Thanks for the heads up on this. Nice deal!

I was underwhelmed by the Switch Lite. Had one for a year. Mushy d-pad, weak battery life (compared to other Switch consoles), other buttons not clicky at all. Meh. Traded for $170 and don’t miss it. I might scoop for $100 if Nintendo offers a refurb someday.

bread's done
Back