Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I was underwhelmed by the Switch Lite. Had one for a year. Mushy d-pad, weak battery life (compared to other Switch consoles), other buttons not clicky at all. Meh. Traded for $170 and don’t miss it. I might scoop for $100 if Nintendo offers a refurb someday.

Similar situation, I grabbed one from a closing store for about $100 brand new and sold it for more than that. Just not a very good piece of equipment.

I love my Switch lite and couldn't imagine using the regular switch handheld for long sessions. Regular switch is too wide and heavy. I don't feel comfortable using the joycons and feel like they'll break. I definitely agree on the button feel but it feels like the DS lite to me which I played a lot as a teen.

I love my Switch lite and couldn't imagine using the regular switch handheld for long sessions.

When I was the only one in the house with a switch and everyone just played mine, I bought a Switch Lite as I was pretty deep into the community playing Asphalt 9 daily. So the lite came with me to work, around the house, or where ever. I never had any issues with the controls and it sure beat trying to play the regular switch handheld. On occasion with the regular switch I'd manage to disconnect one of the controllers mid race when playing handheld. Since giving that game up and my kids getting their own switch systems, I haven't had as much use for the lite... but I think it's a fantastic handheld. I now try to actively avoid most games with any kind of daily mechanic to them.

When I was the only one in the house with a switch and everyone just played mine, I bought a Switch Lite as I was pretty deep into the community playing Asphalt 9 daily. So the lite came with me to work, around the house, or where ever. I never had any issues with the controls and it sure beat trying to play the regular switch handheld. On occasion with the regular switch I'd manage to disconnect one of the controllers mid race when playing handheld. Since giving that game up and my kids getting their own switch systems, I haven't had as much use for the lite... but I think it's a fantastic handheld. I now try to actively avoid most games with any kind of daily mechanic to them.
I tried playing cuphead on my cousins switch and felt uncomfortable and could barely beat bosses. On my lite I beat all the bosses in the main game with A's and the DLC with some A's. Thought it was just a fluke so I tried playing it again on my sister's switch and nope the regular switch is not for me. I don't have huge hands so I like smaller systems like the 3DS and Vita. I'm hoping they make a switch 2 lite as well because the new system will probably be even bigger and heavier than the current one. I have been eyeing a steamdeck but I don't know anyone with one so I can feel if it's comfortable to me.

Steamdeck makes my hands cramp like crazy, and I have big hands. It’s not so bad with turn-based games where I can just prop the thing up on my chest and press a single button and move a stick around or something, but with an action game like Hi-Fi Rush my hands just go numb after a short while.

OTOH I have a hori switch pad attached to my og switch, and it’s remarkably comfortable for any type of game. It makes the switch look comically long but it’s way better than using the joycons on there, which also used to make my hands cramp up.

So steamdeck is huge and heavy and will feel uncomfortable to a lot of people. Og switch with joycons is light and too thin, so it will also feel uncomfortable. And everyone’s different hand sizes is going to lead to different experiences. These things need to start getting more ergonomic, curved designs, like how controllers or the hori switch pad have. That makes all the difference it seems.

Whereas I would much rather these devices start shrinking, even at the expense of a little ergonomics and screen size. If it can’t comfortably fit in my pocket, I’m much less interested in using the damn things. I want flat and tiny.

Whereas I would much rather these devices start shrinking, even at the expense of a little ergonomics and screen size. If it can’t comfortably fit in my pocket, I’m much less interested in using the damn things. I want flat and tiny.

I don’t think my switch or steam deck ever even left my house. I just want something that’s comfortable to play in bed, don’t care if it’s pocket sized or as big as a sega nomad lol.

I don’t think my switch or steam deck ever even left my house. I just want something that’s comfortable to play in bed, don’t care if it’s pocket sized or as big as a sega nomad lol.

Meanwhile, I don’t even own a Switch or Steam Deck, and at the prices those companies continue to ask for products that only marginally meet my expectations, am not likely to.

I DO own a Sega Nomad, though that’s more about owning Sega kitsch than it is about playing games. I play my Genesis games handheld on my PSP.

Meanwhile, I don’t even own a Switch or Steam Deck, and at the prices those companies continue to ask for products that only marginally meet my expectations, am not likely to.

I DO own a Sega Nomad, though that’s more about owning Sega kitsch than it is about playing games. I play my Genesis games handheld on my PSP.

I admire the cheapassery tbh.

Back when we were kids my cousin was a big sega fanboy and had all the sega stuff, including a Nomad. That thing was so mind-blowing at the time. Nevermind that it was massive, because most electronics were back then anyway. His parents probably spent a fortune on batteries though.

Last edited:
I play my switch docked in bed. I almost never play it handheld. My eyesight is getting worse and I refuse to get bifocals yet. Much easier to see everything on a 50” TV.

That’s interesting- I seem to be developing a bit of nearsightedness so stuff on the tv can occasionally be less clear to me than on a handheld screen. But that’s not the main reason I prefer handheld gaming. Always have really, but sitting down to play something on the tv especially feels like kind of a hassle when you’re older. And then there’s other people who might want to use the tv, like roommates back in the day or family nowadays. Just turning on a handheld & playing, the same way one would open up a book and start reading, always felt best to me. The smaller scale games on the game boy and DS lines always appealed to me more than big fancy console games too, though now with the hybrid systems you can get the best of both worlds.

That’s interesting- I seem to be developing a bit of nearsightedness so stuff on the tv can occasionally be less clear to me than on a handheld screen. But that’s not the main reason I prefer handheld gaming. Always have really, but sitting down to play something on the tv especially feels like kind of a hassle when you’re older. And then there’s other people who might want to use the tv, like roommates back in the day or family nowadays. Just turning on a handheld & playing, the same way one would open up a book and start reading, always felt best to me. The smaller scale games on the game boy and DS lines always appealed to me more than big fancy console games too, though now with the hybrid systems you can get the best of both worlds.
My kids usually watch stuff on their tablets not on the main living room TV. They only use the main Tv if they want to use the PS5 or are playing something you need to play docked like Ring Fit.
v
We have 3 Switch’s (1 OLED and 2 regular). I don’t sweat the price, the kids have had lots of fun on them. The amount of time one of them has logged on Splatoon 2 & 3 is ridiculous.

Nice. Fellow Nomad owner here. Was so cool to play Genesis game on the go and easily plug it in to a TV at a Nintendo loving friend's house.

The Switch OLED is perfect value : performance. I find myself hesitating on purchasing a Steam Deck bc I only want another OLED screen.

It's like 1/4 of my gaming, and has been the most satisfying system to own during the previous few years. Like on a trip to my sister's last weekend when I resumed my 55hr Xenoblade 1 save file from 2023. Swear to god I'm going to finish all of these games some day.

I'm also joining the "I now need to move the handheld farther away to read it" camp. I really liked the switch lite when I owned it, but with this vision change the OLEDs larger screen is becoming more of a necessity than a luxury.

Vibe of the current discussion in this thread:
cant read comedy central GIF by Broad City

Not like I'm one to talk; I've had glasses since I was eight and am severely nearsighted. I can't not wear my glasses at any point except showering and sleeping and man does it suck being blind in the shower lol

I'm streaming some Luigi's Mansion 2 HD if you want to see how it holds up on a big screen after a great sequel has been out for a while.

Edit: Here's the archive. My first impression is that if you weren't blown away by the 3DS version, this probably won't change your mind since the controls and general mission design are still the same. They haven't done much to it besides make it look a little bit better and charge $60 for it.

Last edited:
I don't play my Switch in handheld very often, but I still like to have the option to do so, so the Lite wasn't an option for me. And small text can definitely be a pain in handheld.

I also just bought a half decent gaming quality PC for the first time, so all my purchases have been boiling down to whether I want them on PC with mods, or on Switch with portability.

I'm streaming some Luigi's Mansion 2 HD if you want to see how it holds up on a big screen after a great sequel has been out for a while.

Edit: Here's the archive. My first impression is that if you weren't blown away by the 3DS version, this probably won't change your mind since the controls and general mission design are still the same. They haven't done much to it besides make it look a little bit better and charge $60 for it.
This is the first Nintendo release in a while I didn’t get a chance to get a Target preorder deal in on, or one I had grabbed with Best Buy Plus buy 2 get 1.

The idea of paying the full retail $60 doesn’t have me terribly excited to pick it up anytime soon, and to hear there’s basically no updates aside from graphics? Definitely not helping.

The idea of paying the full retail $60 doesn’t have me terribly excited to pick it up anytime soon, and to hear there’s basically no updates aside from graphics? Definitely not helping.

Controls I think are the biggest deal since that was the main complaint on the 3DS version. The graphics are a nice bonus. That said, I agree on the price. If this had been $40, I probably would have just gotten it even though I still have a sealed copy of the original 3DS version that I have yet to play. When it drops to $35 on gamefly, I'll grab it then like I did with Super Mario RPG and Mario Vs Donkey Kong.

The biggest change I saw on controls was have R/L shoulder buttons be the dark/bright lights with the triggers being suck and blow on the vacuum, so you can kind of just have your hands on sticks to aim and move while sucking and flashing everything. That makes it hard to run and the aim is still weird to manage.

Anybody talkin' bout eShop deals? Hades at all time low of 9.99, was considering double-dipping even though I got it on Epic Games.

Dave the Diver, TOEM and others at all-time lows too.

Dave the Diver has some temporarily free DLC, so don't forget to grab that too.

Tinykin is $12.49
Rhythm Sprout is $3.74

What do you guys think of Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons? It's $6.99 so not a huge discount, but I like how the farm progresses in the background as you complete the 350 puzzles.

I don't play my Switch in handheld very often, but I still like to have the option to do so, so the Lite wasn't an option for me. And small text can definitely be a pain in handheld.

I also just bought a half decent gaming quality PC for the first time, so all my purchases have been boiling down to whether I want them on PC with mods, or on Switch with portability.

Ever considered the Steam Deck? You can continue your PC game portably and not have to rebuy it on Nintendo. Also, your saves are forward compatible via STEAM whereas Nintendo purchases/saves are not as safe to assume you can access in the distant future. Lastly, the Deck is capable of emulating multiple consoles including the Switch but I understand that may be controversial for some.

bread's done
Back