Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='CaoPi']So the system is now changed, if you don't use confirmation you can pretty much get screwed over by this[/QUOTE]

How can you get screwed?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How can you get screwed?[/QUOTE]

Uhh, people getting the package and claiming you never sent it. They keep the points and the game/movie. You lose a game and points as you can't prove it was delivered.

[quote name='neocisco']Nothing, he's just referring to the change where points are held until feedback is left. He's just a troll, pay no attention to him.[/QUOTE]
How much have you invested on Goozex? Must be a lot.

I've been with goozex for more than a year, maybe longer.

The recent change didn't make a difference with my most recent trade. I got the credit and the feedback almost right away for a disc I sent sunday/monday.

(But I usually use the tracking and print my postage with confirmation. Same as I would for similar sites.)

[quote name='GizmoGC']Uhh, people getting the package and claiming you never sent it. They keep the points and the game/movie. You lose a game and points as you can't prove it was delivered.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like every other trading/auction website on the internet?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Uhh, people getting the package and claiming you never sent it. They keep the points and the game/movie. You lose a game and points as you can't prove it was delivered.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, dishonest people could do that before the change. No need to imply the change makes it easier for dishonest people to play the system. The change was designed to stop dishonest sellers who would confirm a trade to get the points, then immediately spend those points, only for the buyer to find out later the game / dvd was never sent. Now, the seller doesn't get points until confirmed feedback. Makes sense. The need for Delivery Confirmation is the same as before, it's up to the user if they want extra security. I personally rarely use it and have never ran into a problem; These new changes don't make me feel any differently.

So much for trying to keep this thread civil. I don't think anyone should sit on a bank of 10k points. How much do I have invested? Let see the one time I bought tokens two years ago, $20? Then maybe like $200-$300 in shipping and game purchases to flip to Goozex over the last 3 years

Hey, you guys stop that making sense stuff. This is a place for people to irrationally complain and make weak arguments about a service they don't even use.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Oh, you mean like every other trading/auction website on the internet?[/QUOTE]

If I sell something on eBay, I get paid before I send.

If I buy something from Amazon, I pay them before they ship.

[quote name='neocisco']Hey, you guys stop that making sense stuff. This is a place for people to irrationally complain and make weak arguments about a service they don't even use.[/QUOTE]

No one is complaining. In fact, it was all good until you started to act like an ass to me. I guess discussion = complaining when you

[quote name='GizmoGC']If I sell something on eBay, I get paid before I send.

If I buy something from Amazon, I pay them before they ship.[/QUOTE]

Correct. On Amazon you would pay me money (on Goozex you pay me points). I ship out game without DC and you claim you didn't get it even though you did. What did paying first in Amazon's case change vs. Goozex? The ability to scam is still there.

I have always used DC. It's not that much with confirmation. I use pitney bowes via paypal on here. Better to be safe than sorry

Goozex just disabled my 3 year old account with 3000 points in it. Sent two emails so far to figure out what happened.... no response. You'd figure they would just disable the outward trading, but allow you to still recieve games... nope. I loved goozex for years, but this is rediculous. I've recently sent out multiple games, always through the paypal on the site - I'm guessing I've gotten a few negatives in the last few years? Who knows...

Goozex is an awesome site, and I love it - but when this happens to you, its sucks. Ugh.

Not trying to start a flame war, I love the site - but if anything happens, they keep everything and never respond to you. Kind of a shame, but thats what I get for not trading on here I guess. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mookyjooky']Goozex just disabled my 3 year old account with 3000 points in it. Sent two emails so far to figure out what happened.... no response. You'd figure they would just disable the outward trading, but allow you to still recieve games... nope. I loved goozex for years, but this is rediculous. I've recently sent out multiple games, always through the paypal on the site - I'm guessing I've gotten a few negatives in the last few years? Who knows...

Goozex is an awesome site, and I love it - but when this happens to you, its sucks. Ugh.

Not trying to start a flame war, I love the site - but if anything happens, they keep everything and never respond to you. Kind of a shame, but thats what I get for not trading on here I guess. =D[/QUOTE]

Really sucks. Hope you keep us updated here if you find out more.

If they're going to disable your account the right thing to do would be to get in touch with you giving an explanation. Not doing so is pretty weak.

I'm still wondering if it would be worth using it. I'm more interested in cold hard cash than trading things. And I only have a couple of games to trade/sell.

Does the system distinguish between new and used? Do they allow you to trade imports?

I don't think I'd sell on amazon. Even though I've done tons of buying there, I have never left feedback. And aren't their selling fees so astronomical you pretty much have to be a storefront that sells shitloads of stuff to make it worth it?

surprised this hasn't hit the CAG Goozex thread yet, but they announced last night on the forums, and today via email, that they are adding another perk to trading recently released games.
Early Access for future releases.
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/65655.aspx
Not much details that I've seen, other than you can get in the queue for a game before release date with an Early Access credit.

Honestly, doesn't really affect me since I usually request games on Tuesday morning or Wednesday even, and then they sit there until they drop around 500-700, but I'm starting to think it's time for me to cash out my 7000 points. I don't think I'll leave Goozex once and for all, but with all the changes being made lately, and with as infrequently as I get games from there(because I don't request them, not because I'm not matched), there is no need for me to keep almost 7k pts on hand. If Goozex ever does go under(hope it doesn't) then I won't be out the points/games. If it doesn't, I can still utilize it.

Others thoughts on this update?

I'd really like to see some sort of when this was last traded when I go to request something. Sure, there might be 3 people ahead of me but if no one's traded the game in a year there might as well be 100 requests before they get to mine.

I'd care more about this Early Access stuff if I used Goozex for new releases. I don't; I use it to find last gen stuff I can't find locally.

It does seem like a half-assed response to the problem of people having to stay up extremely late to queue up though.

Oh good. Early access. Guess those old games won't be traded anymore if you don't have a chance to get newer games for months/year.

Shuffling the chairs is fun.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Oh good. Early access. Guess those old games won't be traded anymore if you don't have a chance to get newer games for months/year.

Shuffling the chairs is fun.[/QUOTE]

Huh? English, do you speak it?

[quote name='dchrisd']Huh? English, do you speak it?[/QUOTE]

It sounds fine. Thanks for quoting so my buddy neocisco can read it :) He has me on ignore because when Goozex shuts down he does not want to read all my laughs.

I'm looking for some help on a goozex game. Ok guys, here my situation. I was supposed to be getting split second from a user on goozex. He shipped the game by the date and even got a tracking number. Here's where things get weird. The tracking number says it was delivered last thursday (jan 27) at 8 am. But i was home at 8 am and there was no ringing of doorbell or any sign that they attempted to deliver the package. My mail person never comes that early, and the only time they have come that early is when a different mail person comes up in a tiny truck to hand deliver the package to the door but requires a signature to leave the package. The regular mail came at it's normal time (between 12 to 1pm) and no game. I live in chicago and our USPS is notorious for sucking. I've recently had a interesting encounter with a tracking number on a package. This was something completely different. The tracking number said that they had attempted a delivery and left a notice of visit. Oddly enough I was home again at the time it said it was supposedly attempted to be delivered and there was no notice left anywhere. So the next day I went to my local post office to attempt to pick up the package and guess what? they didn't have it. The lady told me to call the carrier station, which I did and they were absolutely no help. I gave them all my info and they sad they'd call back but they didn't. It arrived on my doorstep the next day with my regular mail. So what this long story is asking, is what should I do? and please suggest something better then calling my post office cuz they suck ass! Any help will be appreciated!

No one has posted in here for nearly 15 days? Wow.

Anyway. It's finally happened. I have a 950 point trade out for ModNation Racers. USPS tracking number says it got there on the 7th. I still havent gotten feedback yet. I can't find anywhere on the goozex site to contract them directly w/o posting in the forums.

It says the trade will automatically close with positive feedback 14 days after I've confirmed it. Should I just wait for this happen or is there any way to expidte the matter? (I sent the trader a PM, no response yet)

Wait for the system to automatically close. My simple advice would be "get used to it," because this is going to continue.

I like Gooz a lot, but I think they're catering more to the thousand point traders rather than the little guy. The business model is finally starting to show the scales tip a bit.

A pity.

im not a huge fan of Goozex but can be useful to get games for me and friends for trades

though i hate the $2 trades
but still my favorite way to pawn off old games and dvd and blu rays and expand my ds collection

[quote name='eldergamer']No one has posted in here for nearly 15 days? Wow.

Anyway. It's finally happened. I have a 950 point trade out for ModNation Racers. USPS tracking number says it got there on the 7th. I still havent gotten feedback yet. I can't find anywhere on the goozex site to contract them directly w/o posting in the forums.

It says the trade will automatically close with positive feedback 14 days after I've confirmed it. Should I just wait for this happen or is there any way to expidte the matter? (I sent the trader a PM, no response yet)[/QUOTE]

Some dork did this to me last week. I sent him 2 emails a week after delivery asking him to fb so I could use my points sooner and he didn't respond. Finally on like the last day he leaves a positive but package wasn't as good as expected and in the comment wrote a 3 page essay about why he should be allowed a full 2 weeks to test the game before leaving feedback and that I was a bad trader. Goozex doesn't suck, but most of the people using it do

how do you cancel a trade after you have confirmed shipped, printed the label and was bout to mail it until i got this:

I'm sure there is nothing that can be done at this point but I don't know how you were matched up to send a cart only copy of this game to someone that had requested a full copy and was sitting 28th in line. Are you able to cancel this on your end by chance? I'm willing to reimburse you shipping as it seems you've already paid for it but I absolutely do not want a game only copy of this or anything non-cart based for that matter.

Jim

i have a complete copy with soundtrack but wanna keep it so when i get another copy from GameStop and they have cart only, ill have a complete copy.

what do i do to cancel it.

I've had a Goozex account for 2-3 years and I've always used it because of its simplicity. I'm very busy these days and it's simple to just pack up games when requested to and set a list of games I want and get them. No one keeps it simple like Goozex does in my opinion and I've spent a good amount of money over the years purchasing points and trade tickets. I've made around a hundred trades or so over the years and love the service. I have a score around 350-400 on Goozex, I believe 450-500 is perfect. Meaning I've had the service long enough and used it as instructed and I could do around 30 trades at a time, because of it.

That being said, for some unexplained reason my account got suspended in January of 2011.

So I figured that I would simply send an email to customer support and it would be handled with tact and efficiency. Unfortunately, I received neither... in fact I received no response at all for the past 5 emails I've sent to customer service.

Here's a simple timeline.

1/20/2011 - Noticed my account had been suspended, so I sent an email to customer service. I have trades to go out that I accepted on my iPhone while I was at work... but work blocks goozex so I wait to get home to print shipping labels. When I got home, goozex was blocked.

1/24/2011 - Never received a response - sent another email. That day I made a comment in the official Goozex thread

1/25/2011 - TolDawg sends me a PM to give me a hand with my account. "I contacted a mod at goozex to look into your problem. It will be flagged to get a quicker response."

1/27/2011 - My account gets reinstated... no one told me it was back up, I just happened to sign in before going to work. I plan on coming back home to finally send out my trades. That night, my account was suspended again. I send another email to customer service explaining the situation.

2/01/2011 - After getting no response I ask TolDawg to give me a hand again to reinstate the account. He says something about trade timeouts. Keep in mind, TolDawg doesnt work for Goozex, so basically I'm hearing infomation about my account second-hand. Not very professional, but at this point I just to get my account back up to use up the 10 trade tickets I bought before all this happened and my 2500+ points.

2/03/2011 - I finally get an email from cheeznrice (someone who actually works for Goozex) reinstating my account. I sign in, its disabled. I respond to him, I get no response. I find out he's on here, so I PM him...

2/04/2011 - He sends me this "I've contacted CS. I'll let you know when I hear something."

2/14/2011 - I get an email from Goozex about getting some games in the mail. So I immediately go to sign in - disabled. So basically it gets disabled the moment it gets reinstated and I send other email to customer service.

"I really don't know why it keeps disabling, this is the 3rd or 4th time in a row and I can't trade or receive trades. It disables right after a re-enable. I was getting help from "cheeznrice" but I haven't heard anything in a while. At this point I'd like to at least use the 2000 or so points and 10 trade credits if possible. I don't mind taking a break from trading, because this constant disabling is destroying my 350+ rep."

No response....

2/21/2011 - I get my games and a request from Goozex to leave feedback. But I cant sign in... I contact customer service again. (You can only fill out a web-form... to the best of my knowledge there is no other way)

Then I make this thread, because I only seem to get any type of response from Goozex when I talk badly about the company on this site.

I really hate to do this , I love the service and its been good to me the past 2-3 years.. but this is ridiculous. My only guess is that the whole system is automated and they don't know how to keep my account from snowballing.

I have still yet to hear from customer service. After 5-6 messages and over a month.

Also - I sent something into the BBB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried PM'ing the Goozex rep here on CAG?

Goozex

I had my account suspended once and had problems getting responses when using the web forms on the site, but once I PM'd the rep on here things were sorted out quickly.

I remember reading a few months ago that Goozers that had trouble and used Twitter to bring attention to their problems had it sorted out quickly. Gotta love that public visibility Twitter brings to customer service.

Not to sound crass or anything of the sort, but my life has been a lot less stressful since I got rid of Goozex. I'm not waiting forever for trades to be filled; I'm out there in the real world trying to find what I was requesting.

A lot more interesting, and allows me opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise (like picking up two Virtual Boy games yesterday, along with Pirates Gold for the Genesis).

I liked it while it was good, but damn, it's just going downhill in a hurry. RIP.

Not crass, but disingenuous.

If I'd been accused of the kind of skulduggery you were, I'd also probably feel less stressed out after having been banned/deleted from the site.

I love goozex, I have gotten many game within a month of 2 of release like:
Fallout New Vegas, Assassin Creed: Brotherhood, Heavy Rain etc. I also fliped a copy of MW2 from goozex for 600 point to bestbuy 30 dollar gift card.. Well worth it.

wow that just brutal your account can be disabled and they wont respond or deal with it for a month. So much for the increased fee going toward "improved customer service". Missed their second date for the introduction of "matrix match" and haven't been seen on the forum for awhile including missing updating their 'top traders.

Pretty clear when the growth stopped the owners stopped being interested, its been good to me but I'll keep lowering the point balance. At some point the falling trade number will induce panic and there will be no offers

The goozez rep linked to hasn't been here in a few months "11-22-2010 09:27 AM"

Have you got a resolution mooky?

[quote name='Xellos2099']I love goozex, I have gotten many game within a month of 2 of release like:
Fallout New Vegas, Assassin Creed: Brotherhood, Heavy Rain etc. I also fliped a copy of MW2 from goozex for 600 point to bestbuy 30 dollar gift card.. Well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Man, I haven't gotten anything in months and just got matched with a game recently... it's been pretty dead for me but then again, I don't have too many recent requests. I'm coming up on Mafia II and Lords of Shadow though from the looks of it.

I still use Goozex as my primary way to get games. As long as it's a popular release, it tends to be easier to get. But lower value DS games? Not so much. Besides, soooo many people pirate on the DS, so trading DS games isn't as common on Goozex. Not to mention that the lower values (as opposed to 1000 point 360 games) make people think twice before shipping sometimes.

Is there any way to gift points?

After the token price increase, and various issues with disputes taking way too long, etc etc, I'm closing my account.

The problem is, I have 50 points and no tokens left on my account, and even though it's only 50, I'd hate to see the points just dissolve.

[quote name='adriley313']yes i so hate that
tons of 100 point ds games i want
but no one wnats to trade them
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy[/QUOTE]

Beause unlike you, we can't all ship for free Priority mail through our jobs. ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Is there any way to gift points? [/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. You could always just buy 100 points, get some 150 point game, and call it a day.

But yeah, if there's nothing you want, it's only $2.50.

And it's not like you have to close the account. It can sit there and wait until the fabled day when the service is MOAR AWESOME.

^ ya i hear you guys
i would pay the shipping cost to get 100 point games but there is probably no way to do that. So many games i want.

Id did get match to Scribblenauts for 300 points and Operation Flashpoint for 300 points. one for me and one for a friend.

May trade in Supernatural and True Blood for 400 points each.

thinkin of gettin pokemon ranger for 200 points since i have the artwork and manual for it. got it for free from a lowball. but i already have the game. Maybe for my tradelist.

[quote name='adriley313']thinkin of gettin pokemon ranger for 200 points since i have the artwork and manual for it. got it for free from a lowball. but i already have the game. Maybe for my tradelist.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Pokemon Ranger, although it had a mean difficulty curve later in the game which was frustrating.

ya i have all three
got PR2 on eBay for $8 and PR1 for $5 on Amazon.
Guardian signs i got on Amazon for $20 when it was on sale

i just want every pokemon game on ds for collection
then the gba ones

back to 1500 points on Goozex
traded in some dvd box sets for 400 pts a piece and each person gave me a tip for fast shipping and like new since i only watched them once and traded them off

got them during the dvd sale on Amazon paid like $15 a pop.

bread's done
Back