*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

I can see there aren't a lot of NBA fans in this thread :roll: .

J/K, but I just can't see how a fan wouldn't enjoy watching the Spurs play. The are a basketball team in every sense of the word, and the put on a clinic when they needed to close out the Spurs. It's also kinda incorrect to call the Spurs/Pistons defensive teams imo- especially since Carlisle stepped in.

There are few more exciting plays in the NBA than Ginobili and Parker in the open court or seeing Mr. Big Shot go to work at clutch time.

I'm really enjoying these playoffs!

[quote name='primetime']I can see there aren't a lot of NBA fans in this thread :roll: .

[/QUOTE]

I can't watch sports just for the sake of watching sports. When my favorite teams aren't playing, I'm not interested. And being a Suns/Mariners/Vikings fan means I have a lot of free time during the postseason. :(

[quote name='GF_Eric']I can't watch sports just for the sake of watching sports. When my favorite teams aren't playing, I'm not interested. And being a Suns/Mariners/Vikings fan means I have a lot of free time during the postseason. :([/quote]

Oh, I was just kidding. There's nothing wrong with being a casual fan and rooting for your team.

[quote name='primetime']I can see there aren't a lot of NBA fans in this thread :roll: .

J/K, but I just can't see how a fan wouldn't enjoy watching the Spurs play. The are a basketball team in every sense of the word, and the put on a clinic when they needed to close out the Spurs. It's also kinda incorrect to call the Spurs/Pistons defensive teams imo- especially since Carlisle stepped in.

There are few more exciting plays in the NBA than Ginobili and Parker in the open court or seeing Mr. Big Shot go to work at clutch time.

I'm really enjoying these playoffs![/quote]

i just like the pistons more than the spurs...by a lot...

[quote name='swetooth9']i just like the pistons more than the spurs...by a lot...[/quote]

The Pistons play good ball as well. I'd love to see them go toe to toe. I was using the Spurs as an example to argue that these teams left are not boring at all (maybe except the Cavs :) - they need some help).

The Cavs have almost nothing outside James. No offense to the oft-injured Larry Hughes, whose game just doesn't blend well with James, or Eric Snow, whose game is very good on the defensive end, but that's it.

And am I the only one that wants to shave that patch on Gooden's head off?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
And am I the only one that wants to shave that patch on Gooden's head off?[/quote]

Whatever the hell that is growing on the back of his head needs to come off. Seriously, I'm hoping it's just that he can't reach back there...

[quote name='urzishra14']this Jazz team is much deeper then the teams we had in the past.. the Malone-Stockton teams kinda remind me of like Houston.. where they have 2 super stars and a bunch of journeymen type players..

basically Deron and Boozer have made me pretty much forget about watching malone and stockton.. and we actually have rookies who can play (dee, millsap, and brewer) and we got Hoffa.. he's like the Duncan Donuts stopper.. but anyways.. I would love to see the Jazz finally get the national (international) attention that they deserve.. and I think it speaks volumes about the "inside first outside second" game that has been the Jazz's trademark for years.. and just think.. we have this team under contract for 2 more years..[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this. Malone-Stockton and that one other white dude who I forgot the name along with other players were really good. I just don't think you should compare a great team of the past to a new team of this decade. And certainly shouldn't compare them with Houston who has 2 superstars like you said with a bunch of other bleh members.

That being said, I pick Spurs in 5 and Pistons in 6 over Cavs.

The draft is tonight, who ya got?

I'm hoping Seattle and Minnesota land the top 2 picks.

Minnesota because KG has suffered long enough.

Seattle because otherwise they'll lose the franchise.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Draft lottery about to take place, and as a Knick fan, let's just say...I'm nervous. :whistle2:? (F you, Chicago!)[/QUOTE]
I don't like what you stand for kid, but your signature always makes me happy.

Good, fuck Boston :rofl: I hope that team sucks forever.

Should be interesting to see both these guys up in the northwest now. Somehow they land in the same division.

Sucks for KG and the Wolves, not sure how Portland got the spot above them (they had identical records) but I'm betting Minnesota wishes they could've swapped combinations with Portland.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Bulls with the 9th...not too shabby. Let's just hope Oden drops to 9th somehow.[/quote]

You just better hope the Bulls don't draft Spencer Hawes, because I kind of see that happening. Just picture Chris Kaman, but less talented, less coordinated and more gumpy. Scratch that, just picture Chris Dudley. ;)

So did she make the right choice this time? Did she make the right choice?

fuck YOU LEBRON! ah ha ha ha
rofl2.gif

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']So did she make the right choice this time? Did she make the right choice?

fuck YOU LEBRON! ah ha ha ha
rofl2.gif
[/quote]

????

What are you talking about?

I found it funny that it was THE SAME EXACT OUTCOME for both games xD

Cavs lose 79-76 in both games, losing it right at the end

[quote name='Inf^Shini']????

What are you talking about?

I found it funny that it was THE SAME EXACT OUTCOME for both games xD

Cavs lose 79-76 in both games, losing it right at the end[/quote]

What do you think I'm talking about, have you been watching any basketball analysis (non-draft related) the past week? All they've been talking about is one thing, LeBron's pass... oh he shoulda shot, he shoulda shot. Well this game he forced a shot and missed anyway.

Be funny if Detroit stops under-estimating the Cavs, gives them a little respect and actually plays game 3 to win.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']What do you think I'm talking about, have you been watching any basketball analysis (non-draft related) the past week? All they've been talking about is one thing, LeBron's pass... oh he shoulda shot, he shoulda shot. Well this game he forced a shot and missed anyway.

Be funny if Detroit stops under-estimating the Cavs, gives them a little respect and actually plays game 3 to win.[/quote]

Nah, I stopped following the Playoffs after the 2nd round was over.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Nah, I stopped following the Playoffs after the 2nd round was over.[/quote]

Seems a lot of people did!

I chased you all away, me and the Pistons.

These have been good defensive games. It's just unfortunate that the Cavs have been on the short side both times.

Can't these playoffs go any faster? The draft'll be done by the time the finals are over. Stern needs to fix the scheduling issues with the playoffs for next year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These have been good defensive games. It's just unfortunate that the Cavs have been on the short side both times.

Can't these playoffs go any faster? The draft'll be done by the time the finals are over. Stern needs to fix the scheduling issues with the playoffs for next year.[/quote]

He was reportedly trying to avoid going head-to-head with American Idol. I wish I was making this shit up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Seems a lot of people did!

I chased you all away, me and the Pistons.[/quote]

Haha, actually my interest was lost when Golden State and the Suns were out

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']He was reportedly trying to avoid going head-to-head with American Idol. I wish I was making this shit up.[/quote]

Psshhh, now that's just sad.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, actually my interest was lost when Golden State and the Suns were out

Psshhh, now that's just sad.[/quote]

Yessir, I'm the same way. I did watch one of the spur games the other day tho, but theres nothing like watching Nash fight for his life on the court.

Spurs are gonna win it all. If Lebron and the Cavs don't win the next game, the series is officially over.

060928_06.jpg

And here's a pic of my boys Kobe Bryant and Edison Chen. No clue who the last guy is.

[quote name='bullsrfive']Spurs are gonna win it all. If Lebron and the Cavs don't win the next game, the series is officially over.

060928_06.jpg

And here's a pic of my boys Kobe Bryant and Edison Chen. No clue who the last guy is.[/quote]

I don't know who the first guy is. The last guy looks like Mark Cuban.

Gotta take 3 days off between games. I know the schedule picks up later on, but this is pretty silly. I mean at that pace the NBA finals would finish in September.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Gotta take 3 days off between games. I know the schedule picks up later on, but this is pretty silly. I mean at that pace the NBA finals would finish in September.[/quote]

The first round should not be best of 7 and I even wouldn't mind seeing the number of teams in each conference shaved down, as I don't think a team pushing .500 really deserves to be in the postseason. I know these things won't happen though, because it's all about $$$. Not to mention that these conference finals need to be back-to-back every night until game 5 or so. It's confusing the heck outta me.

That was fucking pathetic of them. If you're up by 20 fucking points, end the damn game already. I'm betting the Spurs will come out strong in Game 4 due to this humiliation. They seriously need to stop shooting 20 footers with nobody in the paint to rebound.

And to the surprise of no one the Spurs easily take game 4.

With Hughes out now, the Pistons should be able to roll by Cleveland to take 4 as well.

So, the good news is we're roughly 3 games away from Pistons-Spurs II now.

Hopefully the Pistons remember to start trying again for that series. I'd imagine they will, as San Antonio is one of the few teams they actually respect.

One series is calling too many touch fouls and the other series is borderline UFC with no calls.

And David Stern wonders what is wrong with his league. :roll:

There needs to be more damn consistency in the NBA. None of this "let them play" bullshit. None of these flop fouls being called. A foul in the regular season should be a foul in the playoffs. It's no different than the leaving the bench rule. A rule is a rule and a foul is a foul.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']One series is calling too many touch fouls and the other series is borderline UFC with no calls.

There needs to be more damn consistency in the NBA. None of this "let them play" bullshit. None of these flop fouls being called. A foul in the regular season should be a foul in the playoffs. It's no different than the leaving the bench rule. A rule is a rule and a foul is a foul.[/quote]

What I thought was messed up was Fisher getting those two techs.
He hardly touched Ginobli on the first tech they called on him.

Atlanta should not pass on Mike Conley Jr, screw Portland unless they give a great deal. Plus I wonder who is going to take a chance on drafting Yi Jianlian? Boston might pass but who knows what Danny Ainge is thinking.

(mute the music )
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd2mEFAZSI[/MEDIA]

Atlanta wanted LaMarcus Aldridge, but Portland doesn't want to budge on that. Blows my mind, they think they can get this deal done for what... Darius Miles or something? If they really want Conley they should be willing to send Aldridge out, follows that whole you have to give up something to get something in return theory.

Atlanta should consider Zach Randolph for the pick though.

I read a crazy rumor yesterday about KG going to Phoenix, with the Suns sending Amare to the Bulls and Chicago sending crap to Minnesota. Obviously the Wolves would be stupid to take that deal, but KG for Amare straight up might be wise of Minnesota.

[quote name='2Fast']Ginobili is ridiculous, he should be deported.[/quote]

It's Vlade Divac's second coming...

lmao at the music for the video, that's some fantastic editing!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Atlanta wanted LaMarcus Aldridge, but Portland doesn't want to budge on that. Blows my mind, they think they can get this deal done for what... Darius Miles or something? If they really want Conley they should be willing to send Aldridge out, follows that whole you have to give up something to get something in return theory.

Atlanta should consider Zach Randolph for the pick though.

I read a crazy rumor yesterday about KG going to Phoenix, with the Suns sending Amare to the Bulls and Chicago sending crap to Minnesota. Obviously the Wolves would be stupid to take that deal, but KG for Amare straight up might be wise of Minnesota.[/QUOTE]

I'm still hoping the Raptors can buy a late first/early second round pick and take that Italian PG.

There was a joke that when Bryan Colangelo traded for Juan Dixon, he took a look at him and said, "That's Juan Dixon? I thought he was Spanish!" :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']One series is calling too many touch fouls and the other series is borderline UFC with no calls.

There needs to be more damn consistency in the NBA. None of this "let them play" bullshit. None of these flop fouls being called. A foul in the regular season should be a foul in the playoffs. It's no different than the leaving the bench rule. A rule is a rule and a foul is a foul.[/quote]

Playoff basketball is not the same as regular season basketball and should not be called exactly the same. Just like calls at the end of the game should be different. The players should decide the game and be able to showcase their talent. The real problem is when the ref becomes part of the game.

And about consistency... You do realize that these are human beings officiating these matches? Each ref has their own style and personality, and that is to be expected. I ref myself, and you can easily see that individual differences are a big part of the game, but should also be considered natural. Now, consistency during a game is the KEY to a properly officiated game, if that is what you were getting at.

I completely agree with you about the flopping. It seems out of control and it's a shame that flops are getting called so often. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing techs passed out to egregious flopping, as what happens albeit rarely in soccer.

I thought Fisher definitely bumped Manu on purpose and deserved the second tech. I didn't think the first tech was necessary, but I can understand the ref trying to prevent more problems. While I don't agree with the first tech, I also can't completely argue with it.

I can't wait till the finals.

bread's done
Back