*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

[quote name='dragonreborn23']So, someone who has a different opinion than you is drinking the kool aid? Hehe, thanks O'reilly! I'm not a Suns fan. I just think that objective thinking should come into play here. When Stu Jackson says that the decision wasn't about 'fairness' it was about 'correctness' ... shit that just makes me sick.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong or put words in my mouth, having a different opinion is fine with me. I just thought the discussion was falling apart- maybe I was wrong.

All I'm going to say is that I haven't trusted the NBA/David Stern since the Portland/Los Angeles Western Conference Finals at the beginning of the Shaq/Kobe dynasty, so any and all conspiracy theories are not totally unfound IMO.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Which was sweet. The benefit of having two really good teams in town in the play-offs is when one loses, the other can come up with a big win to raise your sports spirits. The bad part is when both lose... The great part could be both winning a title this year though, that'd be fun. Michigan could use a little something like that to pick up everyone's spirits. I'll be happy with just one local champion and a nice parade though.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about, just last year you guys won the WNBA title :lol:

[quote name='primetime']I also hope the conspiracy theory post (which I read all of 2 sentences of) was a joke b/c this pops up every single year.
[/quote]
yes, it was a satirical letter written by somebody on a different forum

but it has it's points if you read the whole thing

and i believe that the rule is a pile of crap, and unless the player attempts to escalate the situation...nothing should happen to them...shit...if anyone on the suns should get a "penalty," it's bell...he's the one who went up to horry...even then, i think being thrown out of the game is good enough...

oh yea, another piece of evidence of dirty bowen action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yS72CtCo8

watch at around the 0:06 mark, he tries to intentionally tangle feet with nash hoping to cause harm to him in any way he can...this guy is a real piece of work...

[quote name='2Fast']All I'm going to say is that I haven't trusted the NBA/David Stern since the Portland/Los Angeles Western Conference Finals at the beginning of the Shaq/Kobe dynasty, so any and all conspiracy theories are not totally unfound IMO.[/QUOTE]

What happened back then? I saw some replay during commercial and was wondering too, did they come back from 3-1 or something?

Jalen Rose might get some playing time.. Also Chris webber is the biggest LOSER in the NBA.. Jeez blows it college in the biggest stage, gets his college program suspended, blows its against the Lakers and now he might be respondsible if the bulls comeback from a 3-0 series..

Webber is like a cursed loser or something.

[quote name='urzishra14']the spurs did play pretty dirty.. Bowen should be kicked out.. he crowds, with kicking nash.. tony parker/nash collision.. horry has always been a dirty player...[/quote]
Again people calling the Spurs dirty, I'm starting to think people are watching highlights and listening to half-assed commentators instead of watching the actual game. Let me clarify, since the incident with Bowen, the attention to any little thing the Spurs do, is magnified, while Phoenix's "clean" play is ignored.

Horry's actions were way out of line and that definetly is unacceptable. Calling Horry a dirty player is also way out of line. If he throws a shove one time apparently he's a dirty player for his career. Again, he's one of the best clutch players ever.

Really I think more of the hatred goes to the Spurs, because no team plays that way in the NBA anymore other than Detroit, and they don't even do it in the same way. The game is all about fast break and small guard play, while the Spurs play a halfcourt game, make it low-scoring, and play more in the post.

Now in game 3 the Spurs did get more calls there way than they should have been. In game 4 the Spurs were up by 10 and also should have finished the Suns off, but they didn't and I give the Suns some credit. The ridiculous calls for the Suns helped though. I think Raja Bell outflopped Manu for the rest of the series in this game alone. Like I said in a post before in a critical moment in the game, the Spurs up by 4, Nash gives the ball to Bell and sets a moving screen hard, directly into Ginobli. Suns now down by 2, the baskets by Amare were clutch, but this game DEFINTELY was not officiated fairly.

I thought that Horry should have been suspended until the series is over. And Diaw and Amare should not have stepped on the court, they know the rules. As for Bowen, he's not the conventional player, not a good offensive player except for shooting in the corner, he plays a rough style of D that agitates defenders and also might cause fouls, because he is aggressive. The kicking Amare incident wasn't inadvertent, but the groin hit to Nash was. When you get the ball you expect to be able to move when you haven't looked in that direction yet, Nash is lucky he wasn't on his side or he might have caught an elbow to his already messed up nose.

I hope that the series has a great finish. I do have some bias in favor of the Spurs, not because I like the team as a whole, but because I feel Tim Duncan is the best player of at least this decade and top 3 in my all time. The Spurs playing dirty is pure bs, what because of one player? Bowen? Please just play basketball, and to Horry, who should know better, don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Edit: How is the Parker/Nash collision even included? wow

[quote name='thamaster24']Again people calling the Spurs dirty, I'm starting to think people are watching highlights and listening to half-assed commentators instead of watching the actual game. Let me clarify, since the incident with Bowen, the attention to any little thing the Spurs do, is magnified, while Phoenix's "clean" play is ignored.

Horry's actions were way out of line and that definetly is unacceptable. Calling Horry a dirty player is also way out of line. If he throws a shove one time apparently he's a dirty player for his career. Again, he's one of the best clutch players ever.

Really I think more of the hatred goes to the Spurs, because no team plays that way in the NBA anymore other than Detroit, and they don't even do it in the same way. The game is all about fast break and small guard play, while the Spurs play a halfcourt game, make it low-scoring, and play more in the post.

Now in game 3 the Spurs did get more calls there way than they should have been. In game 4 the Spurs were up by 10 and also should have finished the Suns off, but they didn't and I give the Suns some credit. The ridiculous calls for the Suns helped though. I think Raja Bell outflopped Manu for the rest of the series in this game alone. Like I said in a post before in a critical moment in the game, the Spurs up by 4, Nash gives the ball to Bell and sets a moving screen hard, directly into Ginobli. Suns now down by 2, the baskets by Amare were clutch, but this game DEFINTELY was not officiated fairly.

I thought that Horry should have been suspended until the series is over. And Diaw and Amare should not have stepped on the court, they know the rules. As for Bowen, he's not the conventional player, not a good offensive player except for shooting in the corner, he plays a rough style of D that agitates defenders and also might cause fouls, because he is aggressive. The kicking Amare incident wasn't inadvertent, but the groin hit to Nash was. When you get the ball you expect to be able to move when you haven't looked in that direction yet, Nash is lucky he wasn't on his side or he might have caught an elbow to his already messed up nose.

I hope that the series has a great finish. I do have some bias in favor of the Spurs, not because I like the team as a whole, but because I feel Tim Duncan is the best player of at least this decade and top 3 in my all time. The Spurs playing dirty is pure bs, please just play basketball, and to Horry, who should know better, don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Edit: How is the Parker/Nash collision even included? wow[/quote]

Pretty good post. :applause: Although I don't completely agree, I can respect well thought out opinions.

I used to have a lot of respect for Bruce Bowen, and I can't say I don't like the guy all of the sudden. That being said, several high profile players have spoken about the way he plays in a negative manner, and he's building up some bad video in these playoffs. Good find in that Youtube clip. I don't really know what exactly to feel about the guy anymore. I can't really call him dirty and I like the way he plays, but some of his actions have been questionable at best...

[quote name='primetime']Pretty good post. :applause: Although I don't completely agree, I can respect well thought out opinions.

I used to have a lot of respect for Bruce Bowen, and I can't say I don't like the guy all of the sudden. That being said, several high profile players have spoken about the way he plays in a negative manner, and he's building up some bad video in these playoffs. Good find in that Youtube clip. I don't really know what exactly to feel about the guy anymore. I can't really call him dirty and I like the way he plays, but some of his actions have been questionable at best...[/quote]

Ha, I guess we are the only 2 who respect the Spurs. Bowen has done some questionable things in his career and recently he has kind of gotten himself into a hole, but I don't see how people are calling the entire Spurs roster dirty, when Bowen is the only one doing anything remotely like that.

I normally wouldn't stick up for anyone but the Grizzlies (laugh it up). But like you said in your post on the previous page, the discussion was completely on one side.

[quote name='primetime']Pretty good post. :applause: Although I don't completely agree, I can respect well thought out opinions.[/quote]

Yessir, maybe a little more Spurs bias than I'd care to see though... and IMO Duncan isn't even in the all-time top 3 big-men. Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem. I'm sure you can make a good argument for Snack and/or Hakeem, but anyone else is fairly assinine.

Errrr did you mean your 3 all-time favorite players?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Yessir, maybe a little more Spurs bias than I'd care to see though... and IMO Duncan isn't even in the all-time top 3 big-men. Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem. I'm sure you can make a good argument for Snack and/or Hakeem, but anyone else is fairly assinine.

Errrr did you mean your 3 all-time favorite players?[/quote]

Yeah, just my top 3, I've watched footage... ha ha... that was lame

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Yessir, maybe a little more Spurs bias than I'd care to see though... and IMO Duncan isn't even in the all-time top 3 big-men. Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem. I'm sure you can make a good argument for Snack and/or Hakeem, but anyone else is fairly assinine.

Errrr did you mean your 3 all-time favorite players?[/quote]

I mean, bias for either side is fine. I just wanted to see the good discussions that were going on a few pages back to return.

[quote name='primetime']I mean, bias for either side is fine. I just wanted to see the good discussions that were going on a few pages back to return.[/quote]

Not a fan of the Spurs bashing thread.

[quote name='thamaster24']Yeah, just my top 3, I've watched footage... ha ha... that was lame[/quote]

Other 2?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Not a fan of the Spurs bashing thread.

Other 2?[/quote]
Understood 1 (so it doesn't count) is MJ

and this is going to look like super-bias, but I tend to enjoy watching enemies (clutch shooters), which is supposed to be Reggie Miller's nickname "the enemy", these are just my favorites and not rated on any sort of skill/best player

1 Tim Duncan
2 Reggie Miller
3 Robert Horry

I'm really talking about pre-spurs Robert Horry. Rockets, Lakers, but what he did 2005 was admirable... that is unless you're a Pistons fan :bouncy:

[quote name='thamaster24']Ha, I guess we are the only 2 who respect the Spurs. Bowen has done some questionable things in his career and recently he has kind of gotten himself into a hole, but I don't see how people are calling the entire Spurs roster dirty, when Bowen is the only one doing anything remotely like that.

I normally wouldn't stick up for anyone but the Grizzlies (laugh it up). But like you said in your post on the previous page, the discussion was completely on one side.[/quote]

I wasn't calling the entire spurs roster dirty, I just thought that the letter was pretty comical in light of the situation, so i copy and pasted it

i dont like the spurs but i respect them for their great play...some guy mentioned earlier in this thread that the suns would win in 5 because of how great they played in game 2...i laughed and replied, saying that the spurs are too good to not make it a 7 game series if the suns even get that far...

the only spur i really have a problem with is bowen and his tactics that can injure opposing players...his man defense is fine when he's hassling his man, but when the person makes a play (shot, pass, etc.) that's when he gets out of line...

i hope the suns come out tonight and are motivated and the crowd is loud as heck and push them to a win tonight...

[quote name='thamaster24']Ha, I guess we are the only 2 who respect the Spurs. Bowen has done some questionable things in his career and recently he has kind of gotten himself into a hole, but I don't see how people are calling the entire Spurs roster dirty, when Bowen is the only one doing anything remotely like that.

I normally wouldn't stick up for anyone but the Grizzlies (laugh it up). But like you said in your post on the previous page, the discussion was completely on one side.[/QUOTE]

You forgot me! Anyways I find it funny how people call the Spurs a dirty team when its just mainly Bowen when you watch the replays. Aren't Shaq and Malone worse than Bowen?

I don't see how anyone can call Horry dirty when he barely fouled the guy. Its not like he clotheslined the guy or smacked him in the head like in the jazz/warrior game last nite. How come he didn't get ejected with a flagrant and a technical? I thought 2 technical=ejection. I said it before and I'll say it again, Bell should've had a suspension but he got away with it.

Oh yeah did I also mention the NBA rules sucks donkey balls?

[quote name='swetooth9']I wasn't calling the entire spurs roster dirty, I just thought that the letter was pretty comical in light of the situation, so i copy and pasted it

i dont like the spurs but i respect them for their great play...some guy mentioned earlier in this thread that the suns would win in 5 because of how great they played in game 2...i laughed and replied, saying that the spurs are too good to not make it a 7 game series if the suns even get that far...

the only spur i really have a problem with is bowen and his tactics that can injure opposing players...his man defense is fine when he's hassling his man, but when the person makes a play (shot, pass, etc.) that's when he gets out of line...

i hope the suns come out tonight and are motivated and the crowd is loud as heck and push them to a win tonight...[/quote]
Definetly wasn't talking about you, just felt the need to put some pro-spurs stuff in the thread. There seemed to be a lack of it.

[quote name='gokou36']You forgot me! [/quote]

My bad

yea, my cousin is a spurs fan who doesnt have any connection whatsoever with san antionio or even texas...he always talks about them...gets annoying fast

Am I the only one who agrees with the exiting the immediate bench area during an altercation rule? I think it's better to suspend someone who may or may not be trying to calm the situation down than ignore the rule and allow a melee to erupt. I think the rule does what it was designed for. I've just heard a lot of people calling for the end of that rule on sports radio.

[quote name='primetime']Am I the only one who agrees with the exiting the immediate bench area during an altercation rule? I think it's better to suspend someone who may or may not be trying to calm the situation down than ignore the rule and allow a melee to erupt. I think the rule does what it was designed for. I've just heard a lot of people calling for the end of that rule on sports radio.[/quote]

No I agree with it as well, it's a great rule and is used (hopefully) in high school and I know in the NCAA. If anyone comes off the bench they should be gone. The only situation I don't know about, which hopefully will never happen is something like a 3 v 1 fight or 4 v1 , etc.

[quote name='primetime']Am I the only one who agrees with the exiting the immediate bench area during an altercation rule? I think it's better to suspend someone who may or may not be trying to calm the situation down than ignore the rule and allow a melee to erupt. I think the rule does what it was designed for. I've just heard a lot of people calling for the end of that rule on sports radio.[/quote]
i dont like the rule personally...there should be another way of handling situations like that...maybe not missing a whole game? or maybe a fine? something...i dont know...just not a suspension for a whole game IMO

and nets are playing superb basketball right there...LOL @ pavolvic's flagrant foul...does no damage whatsoever as mikki moore sinks both free throws...

nice job...

i'm lovin the nets' play right now though

LOLOLOLOL at cavs game...cavs down by 20

As my man Bill Walton would say, the Cavs are playing lethargic. It isn't even that they are just "going through the motions," it is like they aren't even there. I haven't seen a team play so out of sync.

Oh and Reggie said it best earlier in the game. The Nets aren't going to just roll over, the Cavs have to take it.

[quote name='thamaster24']Understood 1 (so it doesn't count) is MJ

and this is going to look like super-bias, but I tend to enjoy watching enemies (clutch shooters), which is supposed to be Reggie Miller's nickname "the enemy", these are just my favorites and not rated on any sort of skill/best player

1 Tim Duncan
2 Reggie Miller
3 Robert Horry

I'm really talking about pre-spurs Robert Horry. Rockets, Lakers, but what he did 2005 was admirable... that is unless you're a Pistons fan :bouncy:[/quote]

ESPECIALLY if you're a Piston fan. We were actually supposed to get Robert Horry in a trade back in 95/6ish I believe. The deal was gonna be Horry and Matt Bullard from Houston for Sean Elliott, whom the Pistons got from San Antonio for Rodman. Elliott failed his physical and later left Detroit via free agency to return to the Spurs. Shortly after that he retired due to his kidney ailment, the same one that probably caused him to fail the physical previously. And now you know! :lol:

Apparently the new trend in the East is getting blown out in game 5 at home with a chance to win the series.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']ESPECIALLY if you're a Piston fan. We were actually supposed to get Robert Horry in a trade back in 95/6ish I believe. The deal was gonna be Horry and Matt Bullard from Houston for Sean Elliott, whom the Pistons got from San Antonio for Rodman. Elliott failed his physical and later left Detroit via free agency to return to the Spurs. Shortly after that he retired due to his kidney ailment, the same one that probably caused him to fail the physical previously. And now you know! :lol:

Apparently the new trend in the East is getting blown out in game 5 at home with a chance to win the series.[/quote]

Ehhh... that's brutal adding the Grant Hill situation to that, Detroit got royally screwed in the mid 90's.

On to the Main Event

[quote name='thamaster24']Ehhh... that's brutal adding the Grant Hill situation to that, Detroit got royally screwed in the mid 90's.

On to the Main Event[/quote]

Indeed. Then Joe Dumars took the reigns and steered the ship back in the right direction. We'll see what he does to keep the Pistons as a title contender, and not slip back down to the bottom like they did after the Bad Boys retired/went crazy, got traded and dyed their hair.

about the spurs bashing.. i've watched games.. Utah, the suns.. they don't purposely go out to take players out.. look at what some of the warriors tried to do.. thats dirty.. bruce bowen is dirty, robert horry is a pussy.. there are plenty of other ways to foul a guy to stop a play then to hip check someone into the stands..

someone else thinks the jazz can win the title.. i thought I was the only one.. who knew?

Couple things:

Spurs need to tone up the D in the second half.

The Suns are rebounding very well.

Ginobili needs to show up tonight.

Suns are playing with great energy right now.

Pop will figure it out eventually, but he might too late...

Spurs really needed to calm their shot selection down, shooting crappy well-defended mid-range shots, if the Suns can make them do that all night, they'll win.

Ok, well I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to study for my finals tomorrow and not watch any more of this game. This is ugly.

Although I'm rooting for the Suns and they have momentum in their favor, I wouldn't count out the Spurs til' the Suns have a healthy lead going into the 4th Quarter.

From all the playoff games I've watched so far, anyone can blow any lead at any time for any reason

In other news, the Warriors could possibly not have Don Nelson as their Head Coach next season --> Article - Nelson: 'Not a good time' to make decision

Anyone notice how people are jumping all over Duncan for rebounds and they don't get called?

Edit : Holycrap, Spurs won.

Such a disappointing game, it would of been a great "fuck you" if the Suns won this game.

I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

[quote name='yukine']Such a disappointing game, it would of been a great "fuck you" if the Suns won this game.

I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Keep your faith! Amare will come back strong on Friday. I expect him to play with a chip on his shoulder and send this to a 7th game.

Great, great game.

If I have one thing to say though, the flopping in this series is getting out of control. It doesn't help that between Manu and Bell you have 2 of the most frequent floppers. The thing is, however, that the refs are calling fouls on almost every single flop. The offensive foul against Ginobili was so awful I can't even begin to describe. Bell's flop was one of the worst I've ever seen, he freakin fell like 1/2 of a second after contact.

It's beginning to look like a European soccer match out there and it's ridiculous. The refs need to ignore it, and maybe the league should start handing out T's for flopping as yellow cards are given out for diving in soccer.

That was lame.

One can only hope that Amare and Diaw are motivated enough to carry Phoenix to the franchise's biggest road win since the '93 Finals in game 6.

fuck BOB HORRY.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Have another reason to hate Bob Horry:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0516horry-ON.html[/QUOTE]

Hate him for what, telling like he saw it? Nash DID flop. After flopping, he tried to act all badass going after Horry but the refs stopped him. Seriously if someone does that to me, I wouldn't flop, then wait a while until my teammates all bunch up on Horry and then get up acting all badass. I'd run over to the guy right away if I wanted to fight. Face it, you just hate him for beating your Pistons!

***The NBA suspended Horry an additional game for raising his arm in a swinging motion to hold off Raja Bell during the altercation.

"That part I regret because it was kind of high," Horry said. "It was just a reaction on my part to protect myself."***

This is true, Bell was going towards Horry and if that was me I would've done the same to protect myself. I'm sure you would as well. Bell is one of those guys that is all talk and don't do shit about it. Oh well i'm going to sleep i'll read your comments tomorrow.

ahh, came up short...oh well, hope suns can get pumped up enough (and now have their full lineup) to win in SA

then go back and take it at home

[quote name='gokou36']Hate him for what, telling like he saw it? Nash DID flop. After flopping, he tried to act all badass going after Horry but the refs stopped him. Seriously if someone does that to me, I wouldn't flop, then wait a while until my teammates all bunch up on Horry and then get up acting all badass. I'd run over to the guy right away if I wanted to fight. Face it, you just hate him for beating your Pistons!

***The NBA suspended Horry an additional game for raising his arm in a swinging motion to hold off Raja Bell during the altercation.

"That part I regret because it was kind of high," Horry said. "It was just a reaction on my part to protect myself."***

This is true, Bell was going towards Horry and if that was me I would've done the same to protect myself. I'm sure you would as well. Bell is one of those guys that is all talk and don't do shit about it. Oh well i'm going to sleep i'll read your comments tomorrow.[/quote]

I hope you don't get called to jury duty because Nash didn't flop. What Horry did wasn't a basketball play. No one stops the clock with a foul like that. To argue otherwise is asinine.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3RDYD0EUBzY[/media]

Manu Ginobli, however...

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE[/media]

Also, people want to keep bringing up the headbutt saying Parker was at fault. That was just an accident. Parker wasn't trying to do anything bad and neither was Nash.

Oh, BTW the "rule is the rule" about leaving the bench? The "rule is the rule" about swinging your arm. There is no rule about violating people in the nuts though. So Bowen should do this next time.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk[/media]

I remember seeing that last clip when it happened.

"Hey Ernie, I don't know where you get your cookies at!"

:rofl:

You don't even have to be a basketball fan to appreciate Inside the NBA.

That Suns game last night was incredibly disappointing. I can't believe the Suns flopped like that. I can't believe Nash even tried that three. Granted they needed it, but there was no way in hell he was gonna make it shooting it like that.

Horry must've thought he was playing football, b/c that obviously wasn't a basketball move- Guile is exactly right about that. Horry's comments are very stupid. He needs to just shut up.

I think there might be some misunderstanding- Nash "spasmed" after getting crushed, therefore he did not "flop." He did try to add some theatrics with his "spasm," but he did not flop. We talked about this a few pages back. He leaves the flopping up to Manu and Raja, they do quite enough of it for both teams. :whistle2:|

Bell's flop at the end of the game that drew an offensive foul on Manu was one of THE worst flops I have ever seen- it was that bad.

bread's done
Back