*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

[quote name='ananag112']That Cavs vs. Nets game was horrible. How could any team miss so many shots and still win?[/quote]

According to Jason Kidd, both teams were "on fire" defensively.

:rofl: At least he has a sense of humor about it.

[quote name='ananag112']That Cavs vs. Nets game was horrible. How could any team miss so many shots and still win?[/quote]

Because the other team missed so many shots as well :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I hope you don't get called to jury duty because Nash didn't flop. What Horry did wasn't a basketball play. No one stops the clock with a foul like that. To argue otherwise is asinine.[/QUOTE]

You're right, he didn't flop. But he DID do some acting after he fell is what I meant. From the time he threw his arms back to the time he tried to go after Horry was ALL acting.

Edit : And I hope I never get called to Jury Duty, that shit is BORING.

Do you guys think that NBA players get tired of the bullshit interviews?

Hey....NBA superstar how did you guy switch up your game in the 2nd half.

Uhhhh well coach said that we should play faster so we get better shots and moved more....

Honestly....those 1 min interviews suck ass, every player says the same thing every time. Just let them go to the locker room

Finally... damn Bulls definitely re-gained some respect with their effort in game 4 & 5 despite once trailing 3-0. In the end though Detroit awakens in time and will move on to the ECF for the 5th straight year.

Yay, temporarily being a die-hard DEEEEEEEEETRIOT PISTONS fan paid off.

What I wanted is finally over and done (Chicago out of the playoffs).

Now, I'll just gracefully slide on over to the Utah bandwagon unnoticed and root for them all the way. :)

[quote name='Soodmeg']Do you guys think that NBA players get tired of the bullshit interviews?

Hey....NBA superstar how did you guy switch up your game in the 2nd half.

Uhhhh well coach said that we should play faster so we get better shots and moved more....

Honestly....those 1 min interviews suck ass, every player says the same thing every time. Just let them go to the locker room[/quote]
The worst is hockey. It's like, "What went through your mind as you skated past defenders and shot the puck all in a matter of 2 seconds?"

"I don't fucking know! I had the puck so I shot the damn thing!"

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']You're pickin' the wrong pony.[/quote]

Probably, probably, but it's down to "Which team do I hate the least..." :) Gotta go with Utah there!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, hop on the Cavs bandwagon ;)[/quote]

The Cavs just might fuck around and lose to Jersey still. I like the Nets in game 6, and in a game 7, anything goes. Especially when Jersey has a guy that's been there before in Kidd.

I can see it now, LeBron could become the T-Mac of the second round!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The Cavs just might fuck around and lose to Jersey still. I like the Nets in game 6, and in a game 7, anything goes. Especially when Jersey has a guy that's been there before in Kidd.

I can see it now, LeBron could become the T-Mac of the second round![/quote]

I knew they had lost with 6 minutes left in the 4th Q. With the funk both teams were in, whoever had the lead was guaranteed the win.

I was just surprised Kidd missed all those free throws at the end...but then again, he probably didn't care since he knew they had secured the win.

I was just messin' when I said hop on the Cavs bandwagon.

The only team I'm rooting for is Phoenix. They're starting to look like the Indianapolis colts to me, all the offensive firepower, put on an amazing show, yet can never seem to go all the way in the playoffs.

I just imagined this in my head: Nash=Manning, Harrison=Stoudemire, aaaanndd....I just went blank, heh heh.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I knew they had lost with 6 minutes left in the 4th Q. With the funk both teams were in, whoever had the lead was guaranteed the win.

I was just surprised Kidd missed all those free throws at the end...but then again, he probably didn't care since he knew they had secured the win.

I was just messin' when I said hop on the Cavs bandwagon.

The only team I'm rooting for is Phoenix. They're starting to look like the Indianapolis colts to me, all the offensive firepower, put on an amazing show, yet can never seem to go all the way in the playoffs.

I just imagined this in my head: Nash=Manning, Harrison=Stoudemire, aaaanndd....I just went blank, heh heh.[/quote]

The Mavericks remind me more of the Colts, with Avery playing the role of Tony Dungy. I suppose the Spurs would parallel the Patriots in this scenario. I guess that suggests the Mavericks will win it all next year?

I still say go jazz.. (thanks zennith for showing me how to embed video).. but i don't know.. next round is entirely uphill in terms of homecourt and experience...if we play the spurs (which the last time we beat them in a season series K malone and J Stockton were still in their early 30s) but it doesn't mean we can't completely stand a chance against them..

I hope its the Jazz and Cavs in the finals.. just so I can hear the boozer boos and i think it'd be a great series.. but.. after hearing stern's "justification" on the suspentions.. i dont buy it.. its like "maybe they should have hired more assistant coaches to deal with players on the bench".. yeah thats why they got suspended because they got up and "duncan wasn't part of the incident".. right.. he never gets up off the bench and does his best "i didn't do it face"

celebrate_070518_900.jpg
The

Cavs are in the Eastern Conf. Finals! First time in 15 years. Now it's time to take down the Pistons.

Yeah but I don't think we will be seeing anything like the Warriors run against the Mavs. They at least had the firepower and a balanced attack in Davis, Richardson, and Jackson. The Cavs really are not that good of a team even if they did go 50-32. They are only as good as Lebron plays and it shouldn't be too difficult for Detroit's defense to contain one man (even if he is Lebron James). I'm rooting for the Cavs though.

Well, the playoffs might as well be over for me: missions accomplished! (The elimination of Chicago, Toronto, and New Jersey.)

Now I'll just root for Utah to win it all; fun team to watch, so well structured, and I think any NBA fan would love to see Jerry Sloan finally succeed coaching a team to the big prize without being cockblocked by MJ.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Mike Breen said something along the lines of: "And on ABC, Utah at Houston...I mean, oops, sorry Jeff."

JVG: "Ohhh..."

Funny stuff.[/quote]

I really enjoyed the Detlef Schrempf reference earlier, I forgot that guy existed!

This is one of the best games of the series simply for the fact that I don't have to hear Steve Kerr's voice anymore.

Also, for as much as Raja Bell flops, you'd think he would be a bit more convincing. :roll:
He still gets the calls though and I guess that's all that matters.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Well, the playoffs might as well be over for me: missions accomplished! (The elimination of Chicago, Toronto, and New Jersey.)

Now I'll just root for Utah to win it all; fun team to watch, so well structured, and I think any NBA fan would love to see Jerry Sloan finally succeed coaching a team to the big prize without being cockblocked by MJ.[/QUOTE]

being a jazz fan is a lot like always having to overcome something.. even in the Malone-Stockton "heyday" we were never picked to win the conference or division... but going to the conference finals 5 times in the 90s with so many great western teams.. is saying a lot..

this Jazz team is much deeper then the teams we had in the past.. the Malone-Stockton teams kinda remind me of like Houston.. where they have 2 super stars and a bunch of journeymen type players..

basically Deron and Boozer have made me pretty much forget about watching malone and stockton.. and we actually have rookies who can play (dee, millsap, and brewer) and we got Hoffa.. he's like the Duncan Donuts stopper.. but anyways.. I would love to see the Jazz finally get the national (international) attention that they deserve.. and I think it speaks volumes about the "inside first outside second" game that has been the Jazz's trademark for years.. and just think.. we have this team under contract for 2 more years..

And with that, my interest in basketball is over for the season. Have fun with your yawnfest Detroit vs. San Antonio Finals.

See ya next year.

It's a shame game 5 had to go down the way it did, this could have been an even greater series. Good luck to the rest of the teams left. I never thought I'd root for an Eastern conference team, but I'm going to have to pull for the Pistons once again. The only other time I pulled for them was when they played the Lakers.

[quote name='GF_Eric']And with that, my interest in basketball is over for the season. Have fun with your yawnfest Detroit vs. San Antonio Finals.

See ya next year.[/quote]

I don't understand why ppl think the Spurs are boring. They're definitely one of the top 5 teams I'd pay to see. Pistons v. Spurs would be a great battle of the titans rematch- not boring basketball in the least. Of course, that's coming from a fan that loves the NBA.

well...pistons vs cavs....spurs vs jazz...

yawnfest...

predictions:
pistons win 4-2
spurs win 4-2

spurs win 4-2

what i want:
pistons win 4-0
jazz win 4-3

pistons win 4-0

kthxbye!

[quote name='primetime']I don't understand why ppl think the Spurs are boring. They're definitely one of the top 5 teams I'd pay to see. Pistons v. Spurs would be a great battle of the titans rematch- not boring basketball in the least. Of course, that's coming from a fan that loves the NBA.[/quote]
It's probably boring to them, because both teams won't score over a hundred points every game and shoot a three or dunk every possession. A lot of fans these days that don't appreciate good halfcourt basketball and taking it one possession at a time. Spurs v Pistons would be a great rematch, hopefully Cleveland and Utah can make it interesting.

Congrats Spurs, with all the bs on your back you pulled through

I tried to watch some of the cavs - nets game and that shit was boring. How did these guys get this deep into the playoffs? Does the east suck that much?

[quote name='thamaster24']Oh almost forgot to post Timmy D's line tonight ridiculous:

24 pts, 13 rebs, 1 assist, 9 blks[/quote]

the only rediculous part was the 9 blocks

[quote name='thamaster24']It's probably boring to them, because both teams won't score over a hundred points every game and shoot a three or dunk every possession. A lot of fans these days that don't appreciate good halfcourt basketball and taking it one possession at a time. Spurs v Pistons would be a great rematch, hopefully Cleveland and Utah can make it interesting.

Congrats Spurs, with all the bs on your back you pulled through[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Run-and-gun is fun a lot of the time, but it isn't really basketball. You need defense to win. Nothing is cooler than having someone known for scoring (Jordan, for example) stuff someone as they break away to the other end, or rip a ball from someone's hand. Without defense, you're just a bunch of kids playing horse in the park.

As a Bulls fan, good job Detroit. May Cleveland or someone in the West bury you some time soon.

[quote name='Stoneage']Yeah. Run-and-gun is fun a lot of the time, but it isn't really basketball. You need defense to win. Nothing is cooler than having someone known for scoring (Jordan, for example) stuff someone as they break away to the other end, or rip a ball from someone's hand. Without defense, you're just a bunch of kids playing horse in the park.

As a Bulls fan, good job Detroit. May Cleveland or someone in the West bury you some time soon.[/quote]

No one seems to remember this but back when basketball was at it's height of popularity, teams such as the celtics, pistons, lakers, bulls, would all score 100 points consistantly. They all still played defense. The Pistons could give up 110 points, but it didn't matter because they scored 125. Obviously that is more fun to watch than the 80-75 type of stuff associated with a spurs/pistons matchup. God I miss the mid range jumper.

Spurs vs Jazz series seems like a somewhat balanced match up.
-Bowen trying to contain D. Williams ,
-Kirlenko vs. Ginobili/Parker
-Duncan vs. Boozer (both have been unstoppable)

The spurs really have no answer for Okur but their team defense should contain his, Harpiring's, and Garrick's outside shots. I think this series is gonna come down to the spurs trying to exploit the jazz at their weak shooting guard position. Depending on who Kirlenko guards I think the off guard will really excel this series. This series is gonna be brutal with these 2 defense oriented assholes but, I give it to the spurs in 6.

i mean, i like watching good defensive teams...but 4 games plus is a little much for the spurs/jazz/cavs

i dont know why but i enjoy watching the pistons even though they are a defensive team

The Suns play better D then most give them credit for. Sure, they do give up more points then most teams, but there's also more possessions in a Suns game due to the pace. The Suns won 61 games in the regular season, so obviously their defense was better then the other teams 61 times right?

[quote name='swetooth9']the only rediculous part was the 9 blocks[/quote]

That's what I meant

The Suns can play some D, no doubt, but with the teams that don't have good defensive players, the Suns don't even have to worry, they can just outscore them.

Only if the Suns played the entire game like they did the fourth quarter. We might be having Game 7 then.
I have to admit even though I'd like the Suns to be at the championship, that insane pass by Nash was almost compensation enough.

I've just lost all interest in the playoffs now. At least the Nets are out (fuck YOU VINCE CARTER).

Raptors re-sign Mitchell - YES!

I suppose I hope the Pistons win, but the way that Stern has ruined these playoffs makes the winning team seem less significant in my eyes.

[quote name='thamaster24']So out of 148 votes, 38 could be correct...[/quote]

Ya, I'd like to know who the 25 people that voted for Chicago are :lol:

Unless they're your local team, that's just plain retarded.

Anyway, Bye Chicago, New Jersey, Golden State and Phoenix* :wave:

This next round should be short...

Pistons in 5 over Cavs
Spurs in 5 over Jazz

If the Spurs win it all there should be an asterisk engraved into their NBA title.

Shittiest playoffs in recent memory. Spurs will win in 5 and the Pistons in 5 or 6.
Mavs get ousted in the first round, then the Suns get robbed in the second round.

bread's done
Back