*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='smalien1']So without printing a list what can I go and get at the store, as a basic guideline[/quote]

Are you intending to play them or just look at them or sell them? I think you should decide on your own. And it depends on which system you have....

hey guys i see alot of you had got your hands on mvc2 xb. I WANTED IT SO BAD! well... I have XIII sealed//beyond good n evil sealed// PoP sealed. PM me if ur interested.. wanted is sealed copy of mvc2!!

[quote name='smalien1']So without printing a list what can I go and get at the store, as a basic guideline[/quote]

The stuff on the list that the store has in stock. Very simple formula, really.

If you're reluctant to use consumables on printing the list, copy and paste it into your editor and reduce to just those things you might actually buy. It should be down to a single page with little effort, particluarly if you use a small font size and columns.

Ok i'll give my 2 cents on this subject now.

1st let me say that u have to look in the glass case where all the games are, not just the regular shelf.
I got alot of games that way.

Anyone with a Dreamcast should pick up a "Mad Catz Dream Pad" if possible. They're WAY better than the 1st party sega controller & are only $1.50

Be sure to check the PC game section also, they have ALOT of games there like Winning Eleven 7 Soccer,Tron 2.0 etc...

I saw a TON of those pc "digital comic books" cd's that were $2.50 each. Hulk,Wolverine,Xmen etc...

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance & Brain Games for the gba are AWESOME. Both are $15.

I bought a TON of those 1cent guides, it seems that regular priced guides are in the front of the stacks but the 1cent ones are pushed to the back.

[quote name='aznkid617']Hi all,

Does anyone know if the toysrus stores in san francisco or other cities in the bay area have this sale also?[/quote]

every toysrus is having this sale right now.

Any Columbus, OH, CAG'ers have any luck at our stores? I've tried the Sawmill and Morse Rd. stores without any luck (I'm mainly after GC and XB games) and I picked up BG&E (Xbox) at the Broad St. store. Has anyone been to the store on Groves Rd.? I've never been to that one, but I'm hoping my luck is better there.

I must say that all the clerks have been more than helpful at the stores I've been to. It's been nice to have the help

Got one to add:

Prisoner of War Xbox $12.50

Drove to a TRU in a galaxy far far away and was disappointed. It seems everyone can find a Beyond Good and Evil for the Xbox but me and I've checked 3 TRU's. Nothing too exciting in my latest trip to TRU. They had a bunch of GBAs listed at $70 but I didn't have the guy scan any of them because I have an SP. If I would have seen an e-card reader or a gba/e-card reader bundle I definitely would have bought one. Sadly only one of the TRU's around me have DC games but no accessories. Not a very good selection of them though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I saw Fight Night 2004 (PS2) as part of the 50% off sale. Comes out to $24.99 still though. If only it were the same for the Xbox version.

[quote name='i aint yer pa']Any Columbus, OH, CAG'ers have any luck at our stores? I've tried the Sawmill and Morse Rd. stores without any luck (I'm mainly after GC and XB games) and I picked up BG&E (Xbox) at the Broad St. store. Has anyone been to the store on Groves Rd.? I've never been to that one, but I'm hoping my luck is better there.

I must say that all the clerks have been more than helpful at the stores I've been to. It's been nice to have the help[/quote]

I was there yesterday...there were maybe 4 or 5 other cars in the entire lot, so I was hoping that the store hadn't seen much traffic and thus had a good selection left.

They had two rows of Front Mission 3. When I got there, the stickers were still out, but there were no games to be found anywhere in the store. Other than that, I noticed one copy of Ikaruga left, and a lot of the less sought-after games. So basically you're out of luck if you were hoping to find any rare or popular titles there.

Also, I've been to all the TRU in Columbus, and I was saying the same thing as you about the employees to my room mate. Everybody I talked to was friendly and helpful, especially the little old lady working the R*Zone at the Groves store who searched for about 10 minutes for any stray copies of Front Mission 3 for me.

Let me add this.

If ANYONE gets Midtown Madness 3 and has no use for the manual, I will pay two or three bucks shipping for the manual. It's the only game in my XBox collection without a manual.

[quote name='Captain Inertia']I was there yesterday...there were maybe 4 or 5 other cars in the entire lot, so I was hoping that the store hadn't seen much traffic and thus had a good selection left.

They had two rows of Front Mission 3. When I got there, the stickers were still out, but there were no games to be found anywhere in the store. Other than that, I noticed one copy of Ikaruga left, and a lot of the less sought-after games. So basically you're out of luck if you were hoping to find any rare or popular titles there.

Also, I've been to all the TRU in Columbus, and I was saying the same thing as you about the employees to my room mate. Everybody I talked to was friendly and helpful, especially the little old lady working the R*Zone at the Groves store who searched for about 10 minutes for any stray copies of Front Mission 3 for me.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, that was very helpful. I was also figuring it would be a less-frequented store, so I may still give it a go. Ikaruga is one of the titles I was hunting so I will probably pick that up if it's still there. I'm also looking for Hunter:Redeemer (XB), Freedom Fighters (GC or XB) and Sim City 2000 (GBA). Do you happen to remember if they were there?

Thanks again.

here is my finds

recepits.jpg

picked up Ikaruga and arc the lad collection (last one) =) the lad collection is up for grabs if anyone wants to give me a decent offer =) ortherwise ebay here we come

[quote name='Arakias']Can anyone confirm/report if Mario Kart DD for Cube truly is $25? I was denied. Thanks[/quote]

only the version that comes with a demo disc is half off, and it's extremely hard to find.

btw, this was posted earlier in the forum....

my TRU had some good stuff but i only had 20$
so i got onimusha tactics and final fight one

They had

GBA:
final fight one
demi kids
onimusha tactics

ps2
disgaea
zoe2

gcn
ssx3
star wars rebel strike
super mnkey ball

and alot more

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Arakias']Can anyone confirm/report if Mario Kart DD for Cube truly is $25? I was denied. Thanks[/quote]

only the version that comes with a demo disc is half off, and it's extremely hard to find.

btw, this was posted earlier in the forum....[/quote]

yeah it probably was posted, but i cant read 69 pages to find it. thanks

[quote name='jlee1469']here is my finds

[/quote]
in your image it shows $10 off $50 - how did you get that? If that too was posted earlier, I dont plan to look through 69 pages to find it.
thanks.

i could probably pick up some disgaea's i dont know how many were there they had them behind the counter, the had lapucelle and guilty gear x2 there too.

[quote name='i aint yer pa']Any Columbus, OH, CAG'ers have any luck at our stores? I've tried the Sawmill and Morse Rd. stores without any luck (I'm mainly after GC and XB games) and I picked up BG&E (Xbox) at the Broad St. store. Has anyone been to the store on Groves Rd.? I've never been to that one, but I'm hoping my luck is better there.

I must say that all the clerks have been more than helpful at the stores I've been to. It's been nice to have the help[/quote]

Looks like your experiences were more positive than mine. I checked both the Morse and Groves Road locations this past Sunday. Neither the cashier or her manager knew anything about the discounted video games sale that was running right now; didn't care for the manager's attitude either (this was the Groves Rd. store). I picked up 'Simpsons: Hit & Run' (GC) at the Morse Rd. location, but returned it for the PS2 version instead. Picked up 'Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu' (PS2), 'True Crime' (GC) and 'SWAT' (XB) this morning at the Sawmill location; gonna exchange 'SWAT' for 'Deus Ex: IW' (XB) after work today.

There were two cashiers who were applying green price tags on the games this morning at the Sawmill location. No luck with any of the hard-to-find PS1 or PS2 games (such as Arc the Lad Collection or Disgaea) and I already owned most of the other discounted titles. Selection is lacking at the three TRUs I checked (only one I haven't visited is the W. Broad location).

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']I picked up:

Virtua Fighter 4

For VF4, they only had the greatest hits version. [/quote]you'll only find it in GH[/quote]

No. I got a friend who took advantage of this deal (told him 'bout it lol) and he went to his TRU and got a non GH VF4. If I'm not mistaken, CC had non GH VF4s at that sale..[/quote]o_O i figure that once Evolution hit the stands they'll replace the non-Evo version with it

[quote name='zman73'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='zman73']Dave Mirra .90
Carrier 1.90
Tennis 2k2 1.90
Kiss Psycho Circus 1.90
PSO Ver 2 2.90[/quote]any copies of those titles left?[/quote]

There actually are , I went last week and didnt get to go back until today
Tennis, PSO2 and Carrier are still instock[/quote]could you pick those titles up for me? will pay price+shipping+tax+little extra

[quote name='PrivatePixel']Looks like your experiences were more positive than mine. I checked both the Morse and Groves Road locations this past Sunday. Neither the cashier or her manager knew anything about the discounted video games sale that was running right now; didn't care for the manager's attitude either (this was the Groves Rd. store). I picked up 'Simpsons: Hit & Run' (GC) at the Morse Rd. location, but returned it for the PS2 version instead. Picked up 'Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu' (PS2), 'True Crime' (GC) and 'SWAT' (XB) this morning at the Sawmill location; gonna exchange 'SWAT' for 'Deus Ex: IW' (XB) after work today.

There were two cashiers who were applying green price tags on the games this morning at the Sawmill location. No luck with any of the hard-to-find PS1 or PS2 games (such as Arc the Lad Collection or Disgaea) and I already owned most of the other discounted titles. Selection is lacking at the three TRUs I checked (only one I haven't visited is the W. Broad location).[/quote]

I didn't see DE:IW at the Sawmill store, did they restock there? I would avoid the Broad St. store, not much there. I think i'll take my chances with the Groves Rd. store and then call it a day.

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone tried DDR Konamix for PS1? Since it's older than Max 1 or 2 I thought it might be on sale but I haven't been able to find it in stock yet to check.

I can confirm that Command and Conquer Generals is part of the sale, picked it up for 10 after the 50% off.

My total haul was:
Prince of Persia XBOX
Panzer Dragoon Orta XBOX
Sphinx GC
Unlimited Saga PS2
Devil May Cry GH PS2
Silent Hill 3 PS2
Command and Conquer Generals PC

[quote name='Dok Diamond']i was gonna ask they lady to scan it but she was a bum about it.[/quote]

It seems to me that all of the TRU employees are too lazy to check prices or see if they have something in stock, at least for me.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I think I've read all the pages and havent found anything on La Pucelle tactics. HAS ANYONE TRIED IT???[/quote]

if you can still find it at target, it should be $20. i think TRU was selling it fo $50 ($25 if it's on sale) so you'd still save $5 if you can find one at target.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I think I've read all the pages and havent found anything on La Pucelle tactics. HAS ANYONE TRIED IT???[/quote]

if you can still find it at target, it should be $20. i think TRU was selling it fo $50 ($25 if it's on sale) so you'd still save $5 if you can find one at target.[/quote]

I was at Target last night and they had five copies for $50. When the $20 was first reported they didnt have any in-stock. :?

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I think I've read all the pages and havent found anything on La Pucelle tactics. HAS ANYONE TRIED IT???[/quote]I have it, not bad, but Disgaea is waaay better.

oh, ok. nm then. so i guess the $20 was for a limited time huh? when i bought it from target, the employee said they were trying to clearance them out. :lol: he was misinformed, lol.

[quote name='i aint yer pa']
I didn't see DE:IW at the Sawmill store, did they restock there? I would avoid the Broad St. store, not much there. I think i'll take my chances with the Groves Rd. store and then call it a day.
[/quote]

They had two copies left when I went this morning ~10am.

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='jlee1469']here is my finds

[/quote]
in your image it shows $10 off $50 - how did you get that? If that too was posted earlier, I dont plan to look through 69 pages to find it.
thanks.[/quote]

$10 of $50+ is a coupon that is sent to you every month or so (thats why we ask for your phone number to be added to the mailing list)

since im an employee i just punched in the coupon code =]

if you know somebody there or if the cashier is cool... you can try to ask him to put in the store coupon #912117 at the end of the transaction and reassure em they management doesn't count the coupons in the drawer (they really dont) i've done this many times.

Now this is going to bug me.

I went to the Camp Wisdom, Dallas store and they had a tag for Front Mission 3, and empty boxes for Bust a Move 3000. How close was I? Did they have them when the sale started? When should I have gone? Damn.

They did have when I left:

Legend of Zelda: MM ( They have a ton )

FF IX Non GH ( They have a lot )

Ape Escape ( 1 copy )

Disgaea ( 1 copy )

Chrono Cross GH ( 2 copies )

EDIT: Legend of Mana ( 2 or 3 )

I'm looking for Phantasy Star Collection, Marvel vs Capcom ( Have seen no evidence of this at local stores ) and Front Mission 3.

If any of the above games interest anyone for a trade, I can go back and get them. Let me know.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I think I've read all the pages and havent found anything on La Pucelle tactics. HAS ANYONE TRIED IT???[/quote]

I made a post a couple of pages back mentioning it. I personally bought La Pucelle and can confirm that it is definitely not on sale. It rang up for the full 50 dollar price. I wish my local Targets had it in stock for the $20 sale. They almost never stock the rare games.

And Yeahman. I know how you feel. I'm still wondering what would have happened if I had drove to different Circuit Citys' for the 5 dollar sale. Guess I'll never know, huh? :wink:

[quote name='Arakias']Ok, if anyone knows a list of anything else TRU will have on sale (or a link to a list on one of hte other deal sites) then please post it here.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Great idea, But once the "high" traffic deal sites start advertising this, Consider it OVER.

I will start with these non video game items:
NFL Footballs
misc sports
misc board games
kids clothes
bikes (some up to 75% off!)

Trying to think of something that may be valuable to scoop up and resell in there. :twisted:

i might be able to pick up disgaea, ikaruga,guily gear x2 or la pucelle for annyone who needs them.

they had some others on the list to.

I picked up SSX3 XBOX. I thought I read that somebody was looking for it, I read some posts, but there are too many right now to read them all. So if anybody wants to trade for SSX3 (or other xbox games) just PM me. Thanks

[quote name='Yeahman']Now this is going to bug me.

I went to the Camp Wisdom, Dallas store and they had a tag for Front Mission 3, and empty boxes for Bust a Move 3000. How close was I? Did they have them when the sale started? When should I have gone? Damn.

They did have when I left:

Legend of Zelda: MM ( They have a ton )

FF IX Non GH ( They have a lot )

Ape Escape ( 1 copy )

Disgaea ( 1 copy )

Chrono Cross GH ( 2 copies )

EDIT: Legend of Mana ( 2 or 3 )

I'm looking for Phantasy Star Collection, Marvel vs Capcom ( Have seen no evidence of this at local stores ) and Front Mission 3.

If any of the above games interest anyone for a trade, I can go back and get them. Let me know.[/quote]check your PMs.

I actually got a chance to read the manager's "official list" in the RZone at TRU a little while ago in the Kendall, FL location. The lady was really cool and asked me "How did I find out about the sale?" The list doesn't contain anything that you guys don't already know about; in fact, certain items were missing (maybe because they were out of them at this particular location). I can honestly say that over the last few days I've picked up just about every single item that I wanted...I just need THUG.

By the way, she was so impressed with my general knowledge of video games and sales practices that she basically offered me a job! I declined once I found out how much they make.

Sorry that was an add on to my earlier post. The Camp Wisdom Rd location in Dallas has 3 copies of LoM.

Add those to the list I can pick up for trade.

[quote name='xpertinfun'][quote name='Arakias']Ok, if anyone knows a list of anything else TRU will have on sale (or a link to a list on one of hte other deal sites) then please post it here.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Great idea, But once the "high" traffic deal sites start advertising this, Consider it OVER.

I will start with these non video game items:
NFL Footballs
misc sports
misc board games
kids clothes
bikes (some up to 75% off!)

Trying to think of something that may be valuable to scoop up and resell in there. :twisted:[/quote]

I don't know if TRU sells these or not, but there's an Orange County Chopper motorcycle bike (full size 20 inch bike) that collectors seem to be going crazy over. I build them at Target and Shopko here and the sporting goods manager tells me stories about how collectors are coming in asking for the bikes not to be built and they all want them in the box. Bike sells for $199.99 normally, but if some bikes at TRU are 75% off, one could proabably make a nice profit one one of them, if they even sell them and if they are marked down that is.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']i might be able to pick up disgaea, ikaruga,guily gear x2 or la pucelle for annyone who needs them.

they had some others on the list to.[/quote]

I wouldnt mind a disgaea for what you play plus shipping or something. PM me if you go get a few.

bread's done
Back