*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Thanks for posting.

I picked up:

Stake (Xbox) $9.99
Indiana Jones (Xbox) $14.99
Spinx ($6.48- with free t-shirt!)

There were some "good" games (like Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil) but I already own them so didn't try those.

Okay, here are my purchase results of 3 TRUs in South Florida:

XBOX:
Prince of Persia 10
Beyond Good & Evil 10
Panzer Dragoon Orta 15
Voodoo Vince 10
XIII 10
Whiplash 15
Grabbed by the Ghoulies 10
Deathrow 10
MGS 2 Substance 7.50
Circus Maximus 12.50
SeaBlade 5.50
Metal Dungeon 12.50
New Legends 6

PS2:
Silent Hill 3 10
Onimusha 2 10
Rygar 15
Savage Skies 6.50
Fantavision 7.50

GC:
Soul Caliber 2 10
Sphinx 6.50

Also, 10 Dreamcast games which I won't bother mentioning because they are the same at every TRU; it's just a matter of what you need to fill the holes in your collection (every single DC game is half-price, no need to ask the cashier). :D

[quote name='rarebucky']FYI - the tip about the "X"s on the price tag does not work 100% of the time. Many of the games with Xs were totalling at full price, including Nightshade and Onimusha Blade Warriors. There must be a better way to do this :)[/quote]

Walk to your car, sort the ones that do qualify and don't qualify, go right back into the store and return the ones that don't work.

Picked up a bunch more after work, this site is really killing me. This sort of makes up for me missing the CC clearance, I was in Europe and almost cried when I got back and saw the sale until I realized I just spent 5 weeks in Europe.

Anyways here is what I got, some new some already listed, grabbed some random older games since I figured they would be clearanced

Santa Monica, CA TRU
GC
Worms Blast $10
Blood Omen 2 $10
Namco Museum $10
Big Mutha Truckers $7.50

PS2
Virtua Figher 4 Evolution $10

Also got XG3 Racing but I realized it was NOT part of the sale, will return it tomorrow. This ToysRus had lots of old games it seemed like. Had 4 copies of Disagea behind the case but it turned out they were all display copies. The guy didn't want to total them at first, said they weren't supposed to.

Culver City, CA TRU
GC
Harry Potter Quiditch cup $10
The Sims $10
Pac-Man vs/Pac Man World 2 $10
Spy Hunter $10
PN. 03 $10
SSX3 $10
Super Monkey Ball $10

PS2
Silent Hill 3 $10

XBOX
Voodoo Vince $10
MGS2 $7.50

the price scanners located in the aisle at my toys r us were very hit or miss in reporting whether or not a game was on sale. some games that were in the sale displayed as...

"GAME X"
Camp Geoffery

followed by

"GAME X"
Reg price "X.XX"

while others displayed

"GAME X"
'Camp Geoffery'

followed by

"GAME X"
'50% off green ticket'

followed by

"GAME X"
'Reg price X.XX"'

anyone know(or confirm) whether the GH versions of:
Hot Shot Golf 3
Maximo
Devil May Cry

and non GH verisons of:
Maximo

have rung up as 50% off? I think I remember some being on sale during the BOGO sale. I know there are some conflicting reports(probably due to people not having the games totalled when scanning them) but I just wanted to make sure. thanks.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yep, just a matter of hours and the deal will be over.[/quote]

I'm gonna try again tomorrow before I go to work, since my job is like 2 minutes away from TRU. Hopefully I'll find a Pinball of the Dead, since I didn't think to look for it today. If I find nothing, no loss - I'll get a chance to play some more Donkey Konga :wink:

To doraemonkerpal:

I don't know what brand of controller it was. The cashier had it with him at the gaming checkout counter and was telling a mom buying PS2 games in front of me to buy it because I think he said it was the last one and only $10 for a wireless ps2 controller. So she bought it.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Gosha']Pokemon Pinball GBA is part of the deal, so is Double Dragon Advance.[/quote]

Prices?[/quote]

Everything is 50% off retail prices

Double Dragon Advance $29.99 -50% = $15
Pokemon Pinball $29.99 -50% = $15

I hit the TRU in Columbus, OH, Sawmill Rd. tonight (my friend had similar findings at the West Broad store). Along with a couple that have been posted to death here (SH3 PS2, Sphinx XB), I nabbed:
Batman: Rise of Sin Tsu, Xbox, $9.99
King of Fighters Evolution, DC, $7.95 (the second DC KOF, in case anyone has forgotten their odd naming system)

Thanks for all the posts! I'm definitely heading back for Rogue Squadron III tomorrow!
(BTW, I agree with one of the previous posters: In a way, it's nice that this isn't quite like the CC sale. Stuff is cheap, but not cheap enough to make a profit off of in most cases. Should keep the Ebay hoarders away, which will make the stock last longer)

anyone know(or confirm) whether the GH versions of:
Hot Shot Golf 3
Maximo
Devil May Cry

and non GH verisons of:
Maximo

Non GH version of Maximo came up at full price. I doubt the GH would be any different.

Could someone possibly give the SKNs or at very least the UPC #'s of the PS2's (maybe) on sale? If anyone can, then i'll be able to check when I go into work tommorow and I can let everyone know when I get back at night.

i was able to get super monkey ball on gc and Sphinx on xbox, thanks OP. I am going to head back tomorrow to see if I can get LOTR TT on GC and some others.

[quote name='mklight']To doraemonkerpal:

I don't know what brand of controller it was. The cashier had it with him at the gaming checkout counter and was telling a mom buying PS2 games in front of me to buy it because I think he said it was the last one and only $10 for a wireless ps2 controller. So she bought it.[/quote]

EA branded Intec PS2 Wireless controller. If you preordered Madden on PS2, you could get it for $10 on pickup. Don't worry though. If I remember what my coworker said to me proper, this may be in an ad in Sunday papers (this week or next) as a standard offer, if you preordered the game or not. I'll tryto confirm.

I'd like to get in on this deal but I have 50+ games sitting waiting to be played. I'd like to get Otogi and Ratchet and Clank but I won't get to play them probably until 2006.

It looks like the Cheap-ass copycat sites broke the news about the TRU sale. So it looks like we are going to get competition from the other people for the TRU sales.

Looks like our grace period is over...

So is anything missing from the list on page 11? I'm about to head out. Hope I don't get near zip like the CC sale..........

I've read this entire thread and didn't see the XBL starter kit v 2.0 mentioned. It comes with MechAssault and a Moto GP demo. Can anyone here confirm that it's only $25? I read it on IGN

Got the Last Disgaea Hour of Darkness and King of Fighters 2000/2001 , the guy didnt know what i was talking about then he totaled it and said "you are totally right" and nothing is better than getting good deals on games and hearing that phrase.

Here's the combination from yellowaznboy page 11 and bytesize. Don't take me lucky games for I'm about to go!!! I didn't get much from the CC sale!!! Anyway, a few errors maybe, but most likely if at all then not much.

Dreamcast:
Bomberman Online - $7.50
Carrier - $10
Gigawing $12
NFL 2K2 - $10
Phantasy Star Online Episode II $10
Soul Fighter $4
Tennis 2K2 $5
Unreal Tournament - $3.45
Virutal Tennis - $2.50

N64:
Earthworm Jim 3D - $10
MegaMan 64 - $25
Paper Mario - $5.30
Perfect Dark - $5
Pokemon Snap - $10

Playstation:
Arc The Lad Collection - $35
Dino Crisis $10
Dracula: The Last Sanctuary $7.50
Dragon Warrior VII - $15
Final Fantasy Tactics - $7.50
Front Mission 3 - $20
Gran Turismo $7.50
Gran Turismo 2 $7.50
Pinobee $5
Point Blank 3 $7.50
SaGa Frontier 2 - $15
Time Crisis - $10
Torneko: The Last Hope - $6

GameBoy Advance:
Boktai - $5
Boxing Fever $7.50
Britney's Dance Beat $10
Cima: The Enemy $15
Crazy Taxi: Catch A Ride $15
D&D Eye of the Beholder - $10
Demi Kids: Light - $15
Denki Blocks! $5
Doom II $15
Dungeons & Dragons Eye of the Beholder $10
Final Fight One $7.50
Karnaaj $5
Lady Sia $7.50
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore $15
Monster Force $15
Munch's Oddyssey - $10
Onimusha Tactics - $10
Pinball of the Dead - $10
Phantasy Star Collection - $10
Star X - $5
Super Dodge Ball - $10
Superman: Countdown To Apokolips $15
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles –
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf $7.50
Tiny Toons Adventures: wacky Stackers $5
Virtua Tennis - $5
Wolfenstein 3D $5
WWE Road To Wrestlemania X8 - $7

GameCube:
Black & Bruised $15
Bloodrayne - $7.50
Bloody Roar -
Eternal Darkness - $20
Freedom Fighters - $10
Gladius - $25
Harry Potter Quidditch Cup -
Ikaruga - $20
Lost Kingdoms 2 - $10
LOTR: Two Towers - $10
MegaMan Network Transmissions - $15
Namco Museum - $10
Pacman Vs./World 2 - $10
P.N.03 - $10
Rogue Ops - $10
Sega Soccer Slam - $10
Simpsons Hit & Run - $20
Sims -
Sphinx - $6.50
Spy Hunter -
Soul Calibur 2 - $10
SSX3 - $10
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III - $10
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike Bonus Disc $5
Summoner 2: A Goddess Reborn - $10
Super Monkey Ball - $10
Tony Hawk's Underground - $10
Wario World - $15

PS2:
.hack 3 - $15
Amplitude - $15
Barbarian $15
BofF: Dragon Quarter - $10
Devil May Cry - $10
Disgaea - $25
DDR Max 2 - $20
Dynasty Tactics 2 - $15
Dynasty Warriors 2 - $10
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends $15
Fantavision - $7.50
Finding Nemo -
Freaky Flyers - $10
Frequency - $7.50
Gallop Racer 2003 - $25
Guilty Gear X2 - $15
Haven - $5
ICO - $15
King of Fighters 2000/2001 - $15
Kya -
Mark of Kri - $7.50
Need For Speed: HP2 - $10
Okage –
Onimusha 2 $10
Primal - $15
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando - $20
REZ - $12.50
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - $15
Rygar $15
Savage Skies - $6.50
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - $15
Silent Hill 3 - $10
Skygunner - $25
SOCOM with Headset $20
Street Fighter (?) - $10
Terminator: DofF - $20
Tokyo Extreme Racing 3 - $10
Unlimited Saga - $7.50-$10
Virtua Fighter 4 (non-GH) - $10
Warhammer 40k - $10
World Rally Championship - $15
Zone of the Enders 2 - $10

X-Box:
007 Nightfire - $10
Beyond Good and Evil - $10
Black Stone: Magic & Steel $25
Buffy - $15
Chase - $8
Circus Maximus $12.50
Deathrow $10
Deus Ex: Invisible Wars - $10
DDR Ultramix (w/Pad) - $35
Dynasty Warriors 4 $15
Fatal Frame - $25
Freedom Fighters - $10
Futurama $10
Gauntlet - $15
Gladius - $15
Grabbed by the Ghoulies $10
Hunter: Redeemer - $10
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb $15
Jedi Knights - Jedi Academy - $15
Kelly Slater Pro Surfing - $10
Kill.Switch - $20
Madden 2002 - $10
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $20
Matt Hoffman - $10
Metal Dungeon $12.50
MGS2: Substance - $8
Midnight Club 2 - $10
Morrowind GOTY- $15
Moto GP2 - $20
Need For Speed: HP2 - $10
Otogi - $15
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $15
Prince of Persia - $10
Pro Race Driver $10
Roadkill - $10
Seablade - $5.50
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - $15
Sims - $10
Smashing Drive $10
Speed Kings - $10
Sphinx - $6.50
Stake: Fortune Fighters $10
Star Wars: Obi-Wan - $10
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy $15
Superman: Man of Steel - $10
Tao Feng - $10
Timesplitters - $10
Transworld Surf - $10
UFC: Tapout 1 - $10
UFC: Tapout 2 - $10
Unreal Tournament - $10
Voodoo Vince - $10
Wallace and Grommit - $20
Whiplash - $15
Whiteout - $5
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - $10
WWF Raw Platinum Hits $10
XIII - $10

Miscellaneous:
PS2 Bundle Pack - $115
X-Box Game Case - $2.50
Game Boy Advance system (non-SP) Glacier or Indigo $35

Just got back.

Picked up:

CIMA -GBA
Freedom Fighters -GC
Sphinx -GC
Namco Museum -GC
PN03 -GC
RedCard 2003 -GC
Silent Hill 3 -PS2

A great day indeed!!

HEAD'S UP: Fatal Frame 2 is not on sale. :(

If anyone can find me a Jedi Outcast for the GC, I'd be glad to work something out.

Thanks.

Just got back from the TRU in Parkersburg/Vienna WV.

There are a ton of games that are half off. All the ones hanging on the walls are clearly marked 50% off. The only ones that aren't marked are the ones already in the plastic cases in the cheap section or the players choice section.

I was in there for a good 30 minutes and not one other person came to the video game section during that time. I only checked out the GC and GBA sections so it's hard to tell what treasures the PS2 and XBox section hold.

Anyway, I saw a lot that wasn't on the list I had but I see it's been updated since I got home. I ended up getting Sphynx (GC), Lord of the Rings (GC), Quiddich Cup (GC), and Boktai (GBA) for $35.

A couple I saw that aren't listed on the list yet:

Finding Nemo (GC) $10
Madden 04 (GC) $15
Brain Games (GBA) $10 or $15..can't remember
Mickey Mouse (GC) ...can't remember
Bomberman Max (GBA)...can't remember
A lot of the FIFA titles (GC)

They also had a lot of Ikarugas for $20 but I didn't really want it.

Heres what I picked up, all were $10 except Sphinx @ 6.47
PS2: Silent Hill 3 & Mummy Returns 2 Pack w/ DVD
GC: Sphinx
XBOX: Beyond good and Evil, Dues Ex: Invisible War, Hunter the Reckoning Redemer, Grabbed by Ghoulies and a dvd halo companion disc (was for brute force preorder wy back when 4.90

Just got back from my TRU. They are starting to mark the tags with a blue-highlighter slash through the price of games that are 50% off.

Picked up:
Sphinx XBOX - $6.50
MGS2 Substance XBOX - $7.50
Blood Omen 2 XBOX - $10.00
Wolverine's Revenge XBOX - 100% FREE. Because they had a section of unadvertised BOGO's. SO when I bought Blood Omen 2 they gave me Wolverine's Revenge. These games were on a shelf that was about 4ft X 6ft and that was the only section you could pick out a BOGO game of equal or lesser value. But I don't think this is supposed to be going on with the 50% off promo. Someone must've forgotten to take the sign down.

Also - I had the employee scan and TOTAL a PS2 Online Bundle, but it stayed at $149.99. CRAP!

At the Peabody, MA (Northshore Mall) TRU:

Bought:
Disgaea - $25
SH3- $10
POP (XB) - $10
Deus Ex (XB) - $10
Syberia (XB) - $10
Metal Arms (Ps2) - $10

Saw:
GGX2
KOF
More Disgaea
Fatal Frame (XB)

Didn't See:
MvsC2

Also, today is Ma's first Tax-free day, so that made things doubley awesome!

I went too my TRU, they have a big bin of games that are buy one get one free but I didnt see anything worth it, as for the 50% off games the gamcube section was cleared out which sucks because I wanted sega soccer slam and ikagura, the ps2 section was pretty full but i didnt pick up anything (nothing I wanted), I saw someone with a list too, I also saw this great DC bundle, 3 sports games for like 6.90 it seemed good.

Thanks for all the updates and deals everyone. I was able to pick up Deus EX. IW, DDRMAX2, and Freedom Fighters(GC) this morning for a total of $40. Wanted Morrowind too, but no dice. The employees at my TRU were very helpful and seemed pretty pumped about the sale. A manager told me she has over 5000 items to mark down so the games may not be hit for several weeks. Thanks again all, and happy hunting.

bread's done
Back