*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

bought a load of games, interesting finds of the day:

Jet Force Gemini (N64) - $10
Bust-A-Move 3000 (GC) - $20 8)

I still want Prince of Persia (XBox). I've got extra copies of:

Phantasy Star Collection (GBA)
Sphinx (XBox)
Super Monkey Ball (GC)

as well as the huge trade list here:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14165

please let me know if you're able to pick up an extra Prince of Persia for XBox, and want to trade.

[quote name='Mouse']Did anyone try any memory cards? I need new ones for both my PS2 and my GCN[/quote]

I tried the 251 GC mem cards because I saw it on their list, but the only promo was like a geoffery t shirt or something if you spend a certain amount.

I just got home with Devil May Cry, Super Monkey Ball (Both $10 after reduction). Both were Greatest Hits things, so good to see that works. Also got Typing of the Dead (DC) for like $5. That made me happy :)
But no Disgaea or Ikaruga. I'll probably neeeeever get those :(:( or at least have to pay a normal price for them. And probably used. ;_;

edit: btw, there were lots of copies of Card Fighters Clash and a Samurai Shodown game for the neo geo pocket. I think they were $15 regular (But I may be mistaken, as I didn't buy any).

[quote name='cabbo']edit: btw, there were lots of copies of Card Fighters Clash and a Samurai Shodown game for the neo geo pocket. I think they were $15 regular (But I may be mistaken, as I didn't buy any).[/quote]

I'm sure those NGPC games were on sale, almost all non-current generation system games are 50% now. were these in their boxes? if so, I'd love to have one of each!

please PM me if you (or anyone) can pick up new and complete NGPC games/systems, thanks!

I had them scan that xbox bundle that comes with an extra controller, pacman something or other, some other game, and clone wars/tetris, it was normal price.

On a related note, I had them scan the clone wars/tetris "not for resale" disc. It was a mere 79.99. Hehehehehehe.

Just got back from the local TRU. I asked the guy to scan Disgaea - without even grabbing a copy, he looks at the tag and says $49.99. I replied "No, can you scan the game?" to which he said "Already did - someone else asked about it and it rang up as $49.99" Anyone else run into something like this? Are some stores not selling some games, or is this guy most likely a joker trying to save a copy until his shift is over so he can snag it?

[quote name='Sinistarr']Just got back from the local TRU. I asked the guy to scan Disgaea - without even grabbing a copy, he looks at the tag and says $49.99. I replied "No, can you scan the game?" to which he said "Already did - someone else asked about it and it rang up as $49.99" Anyone else run into something like this? Are some stores not selling some games, or is this guy most likely a joker trying to save a copy until his shift is over so he can snag it?[/quote]

Scanning does nothing. You have to make them hit the "total" key

Went back this morning and picked up Deus Ex: Invisible War, and XIII. No luck finding Freedom Fighters or Disgaea though. ;__; Gonna head out to another one this afternoon and see what I can get, otherwise it looks like I will be trading here later.

Also, the guy at the store today told me they just got briefed on it this morning, so it's possible that some employees still don't know about it.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I can't keep up with this thread. The page numbers are growing. Hopefully a master list will pop up soon.[/quote]

The list is in an obscure location: http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346139#346139

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Can someone put the list on the front page of this topic?[/quote]

I wish I could do that, but it's up to the OP or maybe a moderator. No mods on right now, but I'll give one a PM.

Gba scans

Eye of the beholder $15
Dual Blades $15
Metabots (silver and gold) $15
Sim City 2000 $10
Advance wars $10
Kong $7.50
Monster Rancher advanced $20
Monster Rancher advance 2 $15 :shock:
Monkey Ball jr $10
Godzilla Domination $15

PS2
Gallop Racer 2001 $13

I called up another store and the guy said they hadn't put Disgaea on the shelves because he didn't have a release date for it yet. He's got like 5 copies sitting in the back. Hasn't it been out for months?

I just wanted to say that Kill Switch (PS2) is also part of this deal. I just picked it up at my local TRU for $19.99. The regular price is $39.99.

My toys r us is in Webster, TX (Clear Lake area, suburb of Houston) and luckily the salespeople know about the sale. If you want to check, they'll know what you're talking about. I think I got there before anyone else yesterday as nothing that was part of this deal was sold out, but today Prince of Persia (1 copy left yesterday because the salesperson took one for himself) is gone. Also bought the last copy of Dynasty Tactics 2, the salesperson was a little bit pissed lol. He said he shouldn't have checked that for me. :) Aside from that everything that I got still has at least a couple copies availiable:
Red Faction II - Gamecube - 9.99 (3 or 4 left I think)
Boktai - GBA - 7.47 ( Several, maybe 6 - 8 )
Sphinx - XBOX - 6.47 (No T-Shirt? How did you guys get that?) (4-5 left)
Shenmue II - Xbox - 9.99 (4 or so left)
MGS 2 Substance - XBox - 7.49 (4 or so left)
Need For Speed 2 - XBox - 9.99 (Several Left, maybe 10)
Prince of Persia - XBOX - 9.97 (Sold out)
Dynasty Tactics 2 - PS2 - 14.99 (Sold out, got the only one they ever had)

What I didn't get but saw were there:
Hunter - Redeemer - XBOX - (Lots, 10 or more)
Romance of 3 Kingdoms - PS2 - (8 or more)
Tokyo Extreme Racer - PS2 (3 I think)
007 Nightfire - Gamecube - (4 I think)
Circus Maximus - XBox - (2 or 3)
Gran Turismo2 -PSone - (4 or so)
Gladius - XBOX- (3 or so)
Beyond Good and Evil -Xbox, PS2, GC - (5 or so for each)
Lost Kingdoms 2 -Xbox- (a few, don't really remember)
Perfect Dark - N64 - (2 or more)
Golden Sun - GBA - (2 or more, don't really remember, not Lost Age so I don't know if this is part of the deal)
XIII - Gamecube, PS2, Xbox (I think I saw a couple for each)
Kill Switch -PS2 - (maybe only 1, don't know, because it was behind the counter and not on display)

I don't think they had any good fighting games, and pretty much nothing for dreamcast, PSone, and N64. All PS2 systems are gone and I don't think they had the online pack to begin with.
Confirmed NOT part of the sale
Chaos Legion - PS2 - still 29.99
Air Force Delta Storm (Strike or whatever) -PS2 - still 29.99
Splinter Cell - XBoX - (Both Platinum and normal) - still 19.99

Also, does anyone know about that shirt for Sphinx, did you have to ask for it? Do only some stores have it?

[quote name='Togepy'][quote name='DreamSymphony']Can someone put the list on the front page of this topic?[/quote]

Done![/quote]
Thank you!

went to Brooklyn, NY. i got:

GC:
Sphinx
SSX3

PS2:
KOF 00/01
Primal

the ones that are not 50%:
Golden Sun: Lost Age
Advance War 2
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Devil May Cry 1

i dont know how u ppl got DMC for 10bucks. but it didnt come out to be 10.

Got:

DDR Ultramix Bundle Xbox
Dino Crisis 3
Onimusha Tactics
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
RS3:Rebel Strike
.hack outbreak Part 3

TRU (Orange, CT) had a bunch of games in a clearance bin with red stickers. They had a few copies of technu (xbox) for $15, but alot of the stuff was not worth bothering with IMO. Some games that were posted earlier were on the shelf, although they were not marked as being on sale. The store was pretty busy (so I couldn't get the clerk to scan a bunch of stuff to get a price), and the guy just told me that they might throw some more stuff in the clearance bin in a month or so.

[quote name='trunks982']went to Brooklyn, NY. i got:

GC:
Sphinx
SSX3

PS2:
KOF 00/01
Primal
[/quote]

I don't suppose you could save me a trip and let me know if you saw GC Pac-Man World/Vs at that TRU...?

Incidentally, Tony Hawk's Underground for the PS2 is the regular price, $30. I guess it's just the GC version...

Here's a few to add and one to remove

add GC
Medal of Honor: Frontline $10
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips $10
XIII $10

remove GBA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's regualr price @ $9.95

[quote name='mikeetler']Here's a few to add and one to remove

add GC
Medal of Honor: Frontline $10
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips $10
XIII $10

remove GBA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's regualr price @ $9.95[/quote]

I was going to mention Superman (GC), I just picked it up on a hunch. Also, the Street Fighter for PS2 is Ex3 for $10, in case that hasn't been clarified yet.

I went to my local one today. They had one copy of MGS:2S but it was 15. I checked the scanner but it did not get it scanned. A lady helped me but she scanned the yellow tag and not the UPC, I had them hold it though and I'll pick it up tomarrow. I did get a

Thrid party controller/tremor pak bundle $1.24
DC Jet Gring Radio $4.99
DC RF swicth .99

tru.jpg

I went back to my Toys R Us today and picked up the following:

Spinx (XBOX)
BG&E (XBOX)
King of Fighters 00/01 (PS2)
Simpsons hit and run (GC)
Ikuruga (GC)

They also had about 4-5 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for xbox but I didn't pick up any since I already have it on the dreamcast.

this is what i got

X-Box:
Chase - $8
Freedom Fighters - $10
MGS2: Substance - $8
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - $15
Sphinx - $6.50
Unreal Tournament - $10
(games from list 1st list)
i got these also at half price
whacked-10$
dark angel-10$
azurik-5$
midtown madness 3-10$
magic the gathering-10$
big mutha truckas-7.50$
grabbed by the ghoulies-10$

I also got sphinx free shirt which was wrinkled as **** but still a good deal and i scored a free pop cause the lady didnt ask me to preorder aladdin dvd. I think i made out well and their were so many more i wanted. they didnt have marvel 2 but ill wait to see if they get it in. my total was about 128.00$.

Alright guys I went to my local toys r us at about 9:40 a.m. after playing tennis at 8.... anyways I WAS SO SURPRISED BECAUSE I PICKED UP 4 GAMES AND GOT GREAT DEALS ON THEM!! I felt the adrenaline!! haha... well heres what i picked up... Beyond good n evil, soul calibur 2 NON-GH (where else are u going to find this), mgs2: s, and believe it or not they had prince of persia for xb. This is what is ironic... for mgs2 the employee was so nice and he offered me to look in the back. So i said ok and asked him to look for prince of persia xb and metal gear solid 2:s.... then he went in the back I knew that I probably wasn't going to get anything. He came back and he was holding 2 xb games! metal gear2:s and pop for xb!. This is what i can confirm, POP for xb was 9.97. BYG&E was 9.99 mgs2:s was only 7.49!! But the sad part is soul calibur 2 was 19.99... still it was a good deal because where else are u going to find a new non-gh version so i decided to pick it up..... This is my advice... for you people that don't see it in the racks for the game that you want ask the employee to look for it in the back like I did because I had gotten lucky and they probably had more in stock in the back. POP and Mgs2:s was in the back. I wanted to get simpsons road rage for xb and it had a red tag but no sale. Fantavision was also 7.49 but didnt wanna bother getting that either so i decided to put that down. They had 3 copies of BYG&E left, 3 copies of Fantavision, 1 copy of POP for ps2, probably a bunch of copies of the games that were in the back. The guy that worked there told me "An easy way of finding out of a game is 50 percent off is if the serial number ends in a 1, 5, 7, or 8 then it will be on sale for sure." This is not YMMV. Thanks to PM for this :) I wanted to go to TRU and end up getting at least 1 game cause of the stock. But at the end I ended up getting 4 and am greatful for CAG!
P.s. i would scan the receipts but can some1 please tell me how to post images?

Well, this deal was a bust for me. When I first started looking around I noticed they still had the display cases for Ikaruga, and I got all excited until one of the employees told me that they had just sold out. I looked around but didn't see any games I wanted other than Devil May Cry and Perfect Dark (I also looked for Disgaea, Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk Underground and a few others). So I rang up Devil May Cry and Perfect Dark, but the cashier informed me that Devil May Cry was not coming up as part of the deal on the computer. He checked the list and saw that there was a Devil May Cry on the list, but speculated that it might be the sequel. So I was leaving after only purchasing Perfect Dark for $5, but then I remembered that you needed the expansion pack to play it, so I went back and returned it. All in all, for my efforts I was left with just the plastic bag that came with Perfect Dark. Oh well!

I had a semi decent experience with TRU involving the DDR Bundle for Xbox. The shelf showed a copy behind the glass, but there were no tags for it. I asked an employee and he ran to the back and grabbed a copy for me. I would ask TRU employee's if they have certain things in stock....sometimes you may luck up.

Just got back from East Brunswick, NJ TRU, and got Sphinx ($6.47). The funny thing is, when the cashier hit the total, she let out this sigh like "Oh God, not one you again."

Forgot to get Voodoo Vince, though; I'll probably pick that up tomorrow if my paycheck clears tonight.

I can confirm that a specific PS2 bundle IS indeed 115.00 (or whatever the 50% off is exactly). It is the bundle with an extra controller, DVD remote, Jak & Daxter, and ATV Off-Road Fury in a plastic blister pack. It is NOT a progressive-scan DVD plus (+) PS2 -- it is an older model. In fact, the TRU in Dundee, IL (Spring Hill Mall area) actually has an official TRU price sign, indicating the price is effective until 8/28/04. They maybe have 5 or so in stock.

I checked out that store and the Crystal Lake TRU in IL, and I basically got everything on my list, plus a few others:

Crystal Lake:
Disgaea PS2 24.99
Namco Museum GC 9.99
Deus EX: Invisible War XB 9.97
SW Jedi Academy XB 14.99
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack DC 3.74

Dundee:
Sega Soccer Slam GC 9.99

Crystal Lake *might* have one Disgaea left. I saw a ton of Silent Hill 3's, an Ikaruga, and basically a great variety of the offered list. Dundee had 1 Sega Soccer Slam left.

Between this and the CC sale, I'm good to go for older titles.

WEEP FOOLS
Toysrushaul1.jpg

Yes!! There were no less than 5 COPIES of REZ at the TRU I went to!!! Unfortunately I only had a little money so I got
Rez-3 including the one not pictured 12.50 each
Vexx GC 9.99
Red Faction 2 GC 9.99
True crime GC 9.99
Metal Arms GC 9.99
Harry Potter and the S S $14 (My little sis)

All in all, I got some hot Rez love!

I went today and was excited to find that they still had copies of DMC left(they had also started putting orange 'lower price' stickers on stuff that was on sale), but it turned out to be a dud. The game rang up as PROMO but when totalled it still came out as $19.99. here's my receipt:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/mojimbo_xl/trudmc.jpg

I'm kind of puzzled as just last night I picked up a bunch of games for 50% off and this has been reported to work for others(it's the GH version BTW). Anyone know what might be the problem?

also, I don't think anyone has mentioned that LOTR:Two Towers for GBA is half off(comes out to $12.50 I think after discount). A bunch of INTEC accesories(most if not all of their PS2, GC, XB, GBA products) seemed to be on sale too. Pretty good price for their various cables.

I went to another one today and got Sphinx (GCN) and Virtua Fighter: Evolution (PS2). La Pucelle: Tactics is sadly NOT 50% off, and neither is the PS2 version of Sphinx.

No Disgaea nor Ikaruga at my local TRU.

Oh yeah, just to let you guys know:

GC Zelda Bundle Packs are 50% off, as are certian older model Xboxes The one I went to said they had one in stock, but it was missing. fuck! Thankfuly, Rez made up for that. I might have to go back tonight to get the rest, and maybe a Front Mission 3.

bread's done
Back