Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

[quote name='rickybee2003']hey if by any chance which i highly doubt, any of the psx ddr games and maybe the gbc one. probably a lost cause to even ask but please look out for these.[/QUOTE]

Never knew that the GBC had a DDR game. What was its name?

[quote name='doodle777_98']i have xbox fanboys at my GC. Which i think is worse. It's always halo this, halo that.[/QUOTE]

At one GC near me it's still all Xbox fanboys. There used to be this one employee that was always there that just always pissed me off and liked to rile customers, but at least he worked while he was there and attended to the customers when they were there. He quit and was replaced by more Xbox fanboys but they're a thousand times worse and these are the ones that I have been mentioning in the two on going GC threads. They're just terrible. They never help you serach for a game and never help you get it once you have found it. Also, when they do start helping you and look up from their games that they're playing instead of helping out when there is a customer, they shove MVP cards down your throat.

And about the original Xbox fanboy, I was shocked when he got a job at my favorite EB where they're tremendously nice to me, but he actually turned out to be not too bad of a guy, even though he still bugged me with his Xbox tidings.

O.K. well after doing some Reconnaissance at two GCs that were on my way and near by, I have had some ill news and some tremendously good news. The first is the store which has the employees that don't liket to work and lull about and play games instead of tending to customers has, from what I have seen, suddenly managed to have a lot of its stock vanish. My inkling is that probably the employees already got to it and hid/reserved most of the games for themselves. There was basically nothing left except for sports games. I did see some hidden gems here and there, but almost nothing.

Then I hit up another GC and found that the guy working there was a guy that I had known 4 years back from another GC that had moved to that store. The guy was extremely helpful and told me that there was an upcoming sale. He also confirmed it for me that the sale was starting tomorrow. I basically played it as though I hadn't known and then started checking out the store. He said he would've reserved/held some stuff for me but that he wasn't allowed and that a lot of others had been asking. I asked him if he could just make sure to keep a few items if they start to run low on them. Games like Mario Tennis, etc.

They were at the time rearranging their PSone games into a new case and had most of them in the back, but he was willing enough to print me out a copy of the PSone games that were in-stock at that store. Not really too much that I had wanted but I did see that they have both Lunars, Xenogears, and some other stuff I have been looking for. Definitely going to be hitting that store before all others.

[quote name='cag1000']what time does GC open tommorrow?[/QUOTE]

I believe that they open at 10:00. I know that I'm going straight after my classes end at roughly 1 and jamming over to one or maybe two GC's in before my night class. I'm going to spend a lot tomorrow if my GC has the stuff still.

[quote name='Scorch']I won't break $50. I'm getting 9 games.. $45. That'll be enough for me.[/QUOTE]
I have $75 worth of games listed if I can get them (unfortunately).

I had the manager of the GC near me print out the PS1 list, i came up with 9 games.

Alundra 2
Ehrgeiz
Elemental Gearbolt
Klonoa
Legend of Lagaia
Legend of Dragoon (meh)
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 2
and the gem.. Valkyrie Profile

He wouldn't hold any, i'm going to show up an hour before it opens.. hopefully there won't be a line.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']He wouldn't hold any, i'm going to show up an hour before it opens.. hopefully there won't be a line.[/QUOTE]
Holy hell, I was thinking 30 minutes would be obsessive on my end. We are crazy CAGers!

hey just to make it offical here is the e-mail from my dm

Team ,

In tonight's mailbag, you will receive Memo GC-APR072 containing all of the details for the 3 for $15 Classic Plastic Sale starting on Thursday, April 28th . This email contains full-color pictures to allow you to see the detail more clearly. Please work with your Store Directors to understand the look we are trying to achieve to maximize this sale.

The elements (strips and backers) will only go in two (2) glass cases and must be displayed as shown in the pictures. Stores are NOT to reorder these to do any additional displays.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

The only thing that caught my eye was Xenogears, Paper Mario, and Dragon Warrior VII (at the Nellis & Stewart store).

I only looked into two Grame Crazy stores so far (Nellis & Stewart and Flamingo & Pecos). I didn't get to get a good look at all the games at the Flamingo location since I was in a bit of a rush, so maybe I missed something good. Maybe I should have taken the time to shuffle through the PS1 games.

I'm glad that Thursday is one of my short days of class.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']The only thing that caught my eye was Xenogears, Paper Mario, and Dragon Warrior VII (at the Nellis & Stewart store).

I only looked into two Grame Crazy stores so far (Nellis & Stewart and Flamingo & Pecos). I didn't get to get a good look at all the games at the Flamingo location since I was in a bit of a rush, so maybe I missed something good. Maybe I should have taken the time to shuffle through the PS1 games.

I'm glad that Thursday is one of my short days of class.[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't mind my asking, but what classes are you taking?

Also, if I had known that there was a store in town with a DW7 than I would have picked it up a while ago instead of ebaying it like I did. Still, I think I got a good deal on it for $15 plus shipping. Did you see anything in particular at the Flamingo Store. I hit that one up today and didn't see much either. I wasn't the most thorough, but I didn't see anything really.

[quote name='rickybee2003']god im excited[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHA same here man. I'm trying to chill out tonight so I can get some sleep, but damn it's gonna be hard.

[quote name='nwaugh']Holy hell, I was thinking 30 minutes would be obsessive on my end. We are crazy CAGers![/QUOTE]

Haha.. well, you got to ask yourself "how bad do you want these?" for me, if VP wasn't in stock i sure as hell wouldn't wake up at 8 to go.

I figured it out though.. For 45$, i'd be getting around 230$ worth of games.. To bad i'm on a 45$ budget, i'd pillage the SNES and N64 stuff too.

[quote name='Scorch']I won't break $50. I'm getting 9 games.. $45. That'll be enough for me.[/QUOTE]

I, unfortunately, can only swing $15 for this sale. This came at an absolutely awful time for me, but, man, I have to at least get something out of this. I would've preferably had $45 to spend on this, but such is life. I'll just be happy with what I find, and try not to think about what I possibly missed.

The anticipation is really starting to bug me. I still can't believe that I'll be getting so many games that I have been wanting (forgot to mention earlier that they are complete) for $5.

I'm so hyped up for this...

But I have a feeling that I won't find anything too great. I just know the guys at my GC hogged everything. I walked in earlier today to ask about the deal and the two guys working there were talking. I overherd them talking about stashing away some 'old games' and 'ebay'.

You know what they're up to...:whistle2:(

But I guess that's the advantage they get for working there... I'm sure they missed out on a lot of stuff due to work. I just wish they weren't doing it to make money for themselves.

But I got $105 (cash) ready to spend if I do find some stuff.:D

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The anticipation is really starting to bug me. I still can't believe that I'll be getting so many games that I have been wanting (forgot to mention earlier that they are complete) for $5.[/QUOTE]
I hear that too. There is a single game that I want very badly, and I don't want to jinx it by mentioning it here. After noon when I get back from my run I'll shout it from the mountaintops.

To everyone still reading this thread and hyped about tomorrow: GOOD LUCK! I totally understand how exciting this is.

Woo, some of you get way too worked up over this, especially that guy who plans on gettng there an hour early and hopes there won't be a line.. most people don't care about the sale.. i doubt there will even be anyone else there..

[quote name='Scorch']Woo, some of you get way too worked up over this, especially that guy who plans on gettng there an hour early and hopes there won't be a line.. most people don't care about the sale.. i doubt there will even be anyone else there..[/QUOTE]
What is the etiquette for lining up for video games that are several years old? Do you line up at the Hollywood entrance or the GC entrance? Do you bring a DS/GBA/PSP with you, or will it distract you too much? Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Scorch']Woo, some of you get way too worked up over this, especially that guy who plans on gettng there an hour early and hopes there won't be a line.. most people don't care about the sale.. i doubt there will even be anyone else there..[/QUOTE]

When I went today there was a bunch of people talking about how they were coming early, before the store opened on Thursday. The selection will be picked over by noon, thats for sure. I'll walk out with what I want most likely.. that's all that matters.

[quote name='onikage']They're good for $5 each. Chocobo's Dungeon is pretty hard to find complete, but I wouldn't say it's rare. Legaia isn't rare either.[/QUOTE]

Ok, i'll probably pass because neither was complete i believe. Actually there wasnt much complete at my location. Maybe they will throw thier backstock out on tables or something, would save from people asking whats not displayed.

There's this guy at one of the stores that I plan on going who th employees have told me that all he does is come in and buy tons of RPGs and then brags about how he ebays them and makes a profit. They've started to hate the guy as much as I do and have secretly been stashing some of the games away for me. I'm just hoping to beat him.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I hope you don't mind my asking, but what classes are you taking?

Also, if I had known that there was a store in town with a DW7 than I would have picked it up a while ago instead of ebaying it like I did. Still, I think I got a good deal on it for $15 plus shipping. Did you see anything in particular at the Flamingo Store. I hit that one up today and didn't see much either. I wasn't the most thorough, but I didn't see anything really.[/QUOTE]

Right now I'm at CCSN taking a bunch of introductory courses mostly (Business, Culinary Arts, Eng 102, Calculus. I was looking into what major to go to, but it looks like I should have just stuck to being a bio major at UNLV. Anyway, I'll be transferring back to UNLV next semester with an actual direction to follow this time.

..and I don't really recall seeing anything interesting at the Flamingo location. I got a good look at the N64 and SNES games, but I didn't shuffle through the PS1 games.

yeah even though im buying about 100 bucks worth, its all for me. i unfortunately never got to play any lunars and i hear about how amazing they are so to get a complete box set for 5 bucks is starting out w/ a bang for sure.

[quote name='cag1000']that memo up there is calling it "classic plastic", Are we sure ps1/dreamcast/saturn is included?[/QUOTE]

Everything is included except XBox, PS2, GC and GBA. NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, GB and GBC are all eligble for the deal..

Someone mentioned on another board that you have to be a MVP member...is this true? Because if it is, that would totally suck for me...

Okay, first off, I have nothing to do with gamecrazy in anyway. I had that name on other sites before the store was even around.

I went to my local gamecrazy today. The guy was real helpful and was really excited about the sale as I was. He showed me a couple of papers and it must have been 5 pages long full of game titles going on sale. Now, they probably don't have all of them in stock.( no lunar he said at my store :() But, there should be plenty there. He said it is all games before this generation. You must have an MVP card ($20 if you are new or $15 to renew) to be able to qualify for this deal. And from what he knows, you must buy 3 games to make it $15. Also, don't worry if you didn't see many games there. Most of them were in the back and he said it was over 1,000 older games.(nes-dreamcast) Good luck all!

[quote name='gamecrazy112']Okay, first off, I have nothing to do with gamecrazy in anyway. I had that name on other sites before the store was even around.

I went to my local gamecrazy today. The guy was real helpful and was really excited about the sale as I was. He showed me a couple of papers and it must have been 5 pages long full of game titles going on sale. Now, they probably don't have all of them in stock.( no lunar he said at my store :() But, there should be plenty there. He said it is all games before this generation. You must have an MVP card ($20 if you are new or $15 to renew) to be able to qualify for this deal. And from what he knows, you must buy 3 games to make it $15. Also, don't worry if you didn't see many games there. Most of them were in the back and he said it was over 1,000 older games.(nes-dreamcast) Good luck all![/QUOTE]

Geez WrathofHeaven, you're everywhere. :p

Just to clarify, to my knowledge, you do NOT have to have an MVP card to participate.

Though if you do, I'm set, I have one :p

[quote name='gamecrazy112']Okay, first off, I have nothing to do with gamecrazy in anyway. I had that name on other sites before the store was even around.

I went to my local gamecrazy today. The guy was real helpful and was really excited about the sale as I was. He showed me a couple of papers and it must have been 5 pages long full of game titles going on sale. Now, they probably don't have all of them in stock.( no lunar he said at my store :() But, there should be plenty there. He said it is all games before this generation. You must have an MVP card ($20 if you are new or $15 to renew) to be able to qualify for this deal. And from what he knows, you must buy 3 games to make it $15. Also, don't worry if you didn't see many games there. Most of them were in the back and he said it was over 1,000 older games.(nes-dreamcast) Good luck all![/QUOTE]

Can anyone vouch for the validity or lack thereof of this claim?
That would totally bite ass if you need an mvp card.

[quote name='Socheata']Someone mentioned on another board that you have to be a MVP member...is this true? Because if it is, that would totally suck for me...[/QUOTE]

Nope, you shouldn't need a MVP card. That's the story I have heard from 3 GCs so far as well as from various members of the board. Also, from what I have heard as well as from others is that the sale is starting tomorrow.

I forgot to post this earlier, but the employee at the second GC said that this sale should last until sometime in mid-May/end of May.

[quote name='gamecrazy112']Soch, good to see you! I didn't know any hooligans were here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm surprised to see you here. Ebo lurks here. And shibbydashang1 (aka supermariomelee) posts here as well.

Well, I know the guy there, and he didn't seem like he was lying. He said you had to be an MVP that way the real prices and MVP prices didn't have a mix up. I guess we will see tomorrow. I actually hope I'm wrong, because that means 3 more games.

Soch: That's cool. I hope to start posting here as well. :)

[quote name='"hiccupleftovers"']Also, from what I have heard as well as from others is that the sale is starting tomorrow.[/quote]

..well duh, was it the fact that everyone else is saying and confirming that, or the OP even says "THURSDAY" that led you to believe this? lol

Has anyone scoped out the Woodland, CA GC?
I get off class at 11, and prolly wont get there till 11:30...
Has it been picked clean (employees, reserves) or devoid of decent stuff?

[quote name='Scorch']..well duh, was it the fact that everyone else is saying and confirming that, or the OP even says "THURSDAY" that led you to believe this? lol[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I was only making sure. You never can be too sure.;)

To mid May, hey? I hope so. I can only buy 3, possibly 6 games tommorow. Matters if my mom will loan me an extra 15 bucks. Hoping she will.

But yah, O hope this sale goes on a whiel, and that not many people take advantage of this deal. Cause I coudl go back like on Sunday when I get more money.

:)

But for tommorow:

Tail Concertio
Persona 1
Mario Tennis

hopefully 3 more.

Woot!

And can anyone tell me how the Persona games are? Iv'e heard there pretty good.

The West Allis, WI gamecrazy doesn't have a whole lot of great stuff left.

I found some good stuff, I worked tonight, and before I left my manger said I could put some stuff on hold, as long as it was after we closed, so I got

Vagrant Story
Ogre Battle
Ergheiz
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Mario Tennis
Killer Instinct Gold

I'm considering getting also-
Mr Driller PSOne
007-World is not enough N64
Ridge Racer 64

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']To mid May, hey? I hope so. I can only buy 3, possibly 6 games tommorow. Matters if my mom will loan me an extra 15 bucks. Hoping she will.

But yah, O hope this sale goes on a whiel, and that not many people take advantage of this deal. Cause I coudl go back like on Sunday when I get more money.

:)

But for tommorow:

Tail Concertio
Persona 1
Mario Tennis

hopefully 3 more.

Woot!

And can anyone tell me how the Persona games are? Iv'e heard there pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I've never played the Persona games, but if I were you, I'd pick them up. I know that they are the first Shin Megami games (I believe) to have been brought over here. I hear there pretty good and I haven't found one yet.

Yah, I was just reading around. And it seems liek Persona is one of the rarest ps1 games to find. heh. man, it better still be at Game Crazy when I get there!

And I've always wanted to try teh Shin megami games, but I cant seem to find them many places. Wish I would ofbought them teh day they came out.

:(

But Persona would be a great introduction for me. :)

Watch out for clueless Gamecrazy employees. When Gamecrazy was having a B2G1 on older games a while ago, one the clerk at the first store I went to told me all three games had to be on the same system, and then I found out at another store that it wasn't a requirement after all.

OP, thanks for telling us about this sale! Sad to hear they're phasing out the older stuff, though. :(

Heh, I just noticed both Persona and Tail Concertio are both Atlus games.

And I love Atlus games. Disgaea and Thousand Arms are so awesome. I'm sure I'll like Persona and Tail Concertio. Auughhhh...impatiant!!!!!!

bread's done
Back