Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

purpleshaman + Jeoff, are you in madison or elsewhere?
I'm trying to figure out if this is an evil employee we're dealing with, or just an inconsistency amound different GCs.

I got the following in Sylvania, OH:

PS1
Threads of Fate - Disc only
Granstream Saga - Disc only
Xmen Chidren of the Atom - Disc only
Wild Arms - Disc only
Brave Fencer Musahi - Disc only
Breath of Fire III - Disc only
Marvel Super Heroes - Disc only
Legend of Mana - Disc only
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter - Disc only
Marvel vs Capcom - Disc only
Saga Frontier - Disc only
Saga Frontier 2 - With case, partial instruction booklet
Legend of Legaia - Complete
Alundra 2 - Complete
Beyond the Beyond - Complete

DC
Soul Calibur - Disc only

Gameboy
Castlevania Adventure
Dragon Warrior I and II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior Monsters

N64
Super Smash Bros.
Majora's Mask
Mario Tennis
Excitebike 64.

Total: $127.49

I saw Js1 and Scavenger4 there too. Its always cool to see fellow CAGs.

MVP Membership is not required.....You can get multiple copies of games 6 for $30, 9 for $45, etc. I picked up the following:
Mario Kart 64
Contra Legacy of War (PS1) case & instructions--amazing
Conker's Pocket Tales (Game Boy Color)
Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)
Mario Party 1 & 2 (N64)
Mario Golf (N64)
Mario Tennis (N64)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)

Unfortunately non of the N64 titles had boxes or instructions which for a to me is AWFUL store policy.

I'm considering a couple of more...but I've spent WAY TOO much this week on games.....

[quote name='ma']purpleshaman + Jeoff, are you in madison or elsewhere?
I'm trying to figure out if this is an evil employee we're dealing with, or just an inconsistency amound different GCs.[/QUOTE]

I'm in St. Louis. It seems that inconsistency could be at hand, since it wasn't just the employee that I talked to today that said the Sunday thing (2 other workers who I had talked to over the course of about a week said the same "It doesn't get into the system until Sunday" thing.)

In North Haven, CT I scored

SNES
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Mega Man X2

Game Boy
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Kirby Titlt n Tumble
Winnie the Pooh Adventures in the hundred acre wood (for the gf)

N64
Paper Mario
Mario Kart 64
Ogre Battle 64

All in all, very pleased with the sale, thanks OP

when i went the guy had to manually override all the prices and made me sign some form because they didn't have the deal in the computers yet

I went to two GC and both had the deal in the computer. At one store the guy didn't even know if it started, checked the computer and said "yup, it says here the 28th". Both guys were really cool about it. I'd list what I got, but it's too much, about 200$ worth, all the mario's golf, party etc.. and some rpg's most without inst.
I might try another store on my way home, but except for either the really rare, or the game I forgot to look for here and there I got most of what I wanted. Now it's just about the stuff I forgot about, or it would be "nice to have".

Holy hell, I just returned. You don't have to be a MVP member. The thought the deal would be MVP only, but they were told anyone could buy 3 for $15 without being a member. Anyway, get the hell over there. Here's what I got:

N64:
Mischeif Makers
Super Mario 64
Jet Force Jemeni
Paper Mario

Ps1:
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Tomba
Tomba 2
Ape Escape
Resident Evil 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dragon Warrior VII
Legend of Dragoon
and Legend of Mana
This only cost me $75 plus tax in all!

Now, if you become an MVP member it's $20. You get a free EGM subscription, 5 free disc bufferings, and 10% off all preowned games in the future. I mostly did it just incase I bought some games they were scratched, and I end up buying most of my games from them anyway. It's not like I can take back a copy of Dragon Warrior VII and ask for another copy. If you're lucky your gamecrazy might have some suikoden, grandia, valkyrie profile, or lunar games. (you bastard! :()

Okay well I just got back. It took forever because the workers did not know about the sale. I only picked up SNES games.

Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Mario is Missing

Regular price $156.xxx after discount $31.80 :) Thanks OP.

I went during lunch and bolstered my N64 collection of games, as I picked up 9...

Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Party 2
The New Tetris
Killer Instinct
Cruisin' Exotica

$45 plus tax, and I used my store credit.

I talked to the one guy that was there, who was very cool and talkative. He said 1 person was there 30 mins. before the store opened and had a 5 page list of games. Picked up about 12 RPGs including Lunar Blue for PS1.

This GC is apparently new and not many people know about it, so I was happy to walk away with what I did.

Terry

Just got back, my haul:

Mario Kart 64
Starcraft 64
Paper Mario

Total before sale: $90
Total after sale: $15

:D

I ended up going to 3 GCs before coming back to the first one I'd stopped at, where I then picked these games up. All 3 GCs (Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Maple Grove) seemed to be rather oblivious to the sale. It wasn't advertised at any of the three, there was no one shopping for the deal at any of the three, and when I asked about it at the BP one where I got my games, the guy there barely knew about it. And the coupon code wasn't even activated yet, he eventually had to lower the prices of all three manually. But I did get my games, and I am happy.

Went to GC in Arlington, VA.
Got there about 10:30, behind someone with stacks upon stacks of games, mostly N64 I think. If you're reading this, hi.

For PS I got:
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2 - w/ instructions
Crash Team Racing
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy VII (not exactly rare but I didn't have it)
everything was disc only except PE2

there was still a pretty decent selection
alot of pretty good dreamcast games and some mario party and mario golf

(this was my first CAG trip, thanks OP)

Look at me, I came back with a story! I scored big, probably bigger than the CC $5 sale, but I also witnessed something I've never seen in my life. Nashville area CAG'ers, if you didn't have anything on hold.. GOOD LUCK.

I went into Hollywood Video and heard a grey haired portly man babbling into a cell phone. He was also giving sale instructions and I heard "3 for $20" mentioned numerous times. I almost went out of the store, thinking it was a bait and switch. I went in anyways. The prick of a district manager was loading up. I shit you not when I say that this man did five or six transactions with nine games each. Not only did he grab the extra Kirby 64, he grabbed a ton of PS1 games along with six copies of Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES. How did he pay for it?

with a Paypal Mastercard.

He then called the Smyrna, Antioch, and another store and asked if they had his order ready. He had tried to take games out of my reserved stack, but the girl working there, god bless her, wouldn't let him. I played dumb walking in and she played dumb and acted like she didn't know me. He talked the sale up to me, stating it was so great, I should get stuff, etc. I mentioned that I might pick up a thing or two. She asked if she could help me with anything as he was leaving (more like waddling) and as soon as the door close, she let out a huge sigh and I said "What a prick! It's like.. 'buy my mario on NES! Duck Hunt! Only five dollars! Such a steal!".. she laughed.. I mentioned that I had my games on hold and she was talking about how he tried to take stuff from my stack.. Unbelievable. The Nashville (and surrounding areas) GameCrazy District Manager looted his own stores. He's the world's first and biggest hybrid cunt/asshole.

Anyways, as I have been saying.. picked up Bust a Move '99, Dr. Mario, Starcraft, Cruis'n Exotica, Paper Mario, Harvest Moon, Ogre Battle, Mario Tennis, and Turok 3. Just for shits and giggles, I took my haul to Rhino to see how much I could get. They offered $107, then another $16 for my extra Harvest Moon, and $30 for Wrestlemania, so $153 total. Not bad. I didn't take it, of course, but it's good to know that if I'm ever insanely, insanely desperate, I could take those down there.

First one I went to that had Valkrye Profile, FFL1, Ogre Battle 64 they said the sale doesn't start till May 1st. But I went to another the Cashier took some time ringing up the games though. He might have had to override it.

Starcraft 64
Mario Kart 64
and
Phantasy Star IV

They had a copy of Paper Mario but I still have a sealed copy. I got it for 5 bucks at Toys R Us a while back I havn't gotten around to playing so I left it for someone else.

I called another STL GameCrazy, and they said the code was in the system. Then I called the one I had the games at, and they said it wasn't. Hmmmmm.

So I called the other STL location again, and told him the explanation I was told (something like "Well, the sale starts today but the coupon code doesn't go into effect until Sunday.") and the guy at the other STL location said "That isn't right, I just used the coupon code now. I'm going to call that location." After about 15 minutes, I called the other location again, and they said that he did in fact call and the store that I was going to had fixed its error. I immediately went and the code was fixed.

The moral of the story, is that the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease. And with a haul of this for $30:

Ehrgeiz
Legend of Mana
Dragon Warrior 7
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario 1

I would say the squeaking paid off well. ^_^

Just got back from the deal got the following:

PS1
RPG Maker (complete)
Legend of Dragoon (complete/GH)
Spyro (complete/GH)
Spyro 2, 3 (disc only)
Evil Dead: Hail To The King (disc only)
Legend of Legaia (disc only)
Diablo (disc only)
Wild Arms (disc only)
Vampie Hunter D (complete)
Parasite Eve 2 (disc only)
Vagrant Story (disc only)

N64
Paper Mario
Mario Kart 64

Gameboy
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior Monster

Looks like most of you did good... I didn't. All the good stuff were gone.:whistle2:(

The guy kept saying, "You're getting a steal! Don't take all the good games now!" and had a sly grin. I knew he was thinking 'I already got all the good games, sucker!' or something alone those lines.

I made some pretty good finds.

Although the guy at my GC said some dude (Mr. Sweeney) has like 400 games on hold at the area GCs. Asshat.

Dude said they didn't have Paper Mario or any Mario Party, but then said 'Ah, what the hell' and grabbed them from the back for me (hopefully out of the hoarder's stash :twisted: ) He even called another GC he said he knew had Super Smash Bros, but the guy on the phone said they were all defective. Really nice guy.

So I got

N64
Paper Mario
Mario Party 1, 2, 3
Zelda Majora's Mask
Monopoly
New Tetris
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
SnowboardKids 2
BomberMan64

MegaMan X (SNES)
Mario Golf (GBC)
Zelda DX (GB)
Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

Only thing I didn't find which I really wanted was Super Smash Bros. Thanks for the heads up OP, or I would have completely missed out on this :)

Ha..ha..haa. I laugh in peoples faces. Mwahahaha. This is great.

Anyways...I was the first person in at my GameCrazy. And thank god for that.

I ended up finding a few other games I didnt spot last time I checked so Im happy.

:)

I got:

Threads Of Fate
Legend Of Legaia
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Persona
Tail Concertio

And the lady that came in right after me....went right over to where I was getting the games..and she was pissed. lol

She's like "Dang! He's buying all the games, I came in for!"

Man...I am so happy I was the first one inside Game Crazy. Cause If I was even teh 2nd person in...i wouldnt have been able to get any of the games I went in for.

:)

God bless America! lol

I'm hoping to go back on Saturday or Sunday. Maybe get a few N64 or SNES games, since I dont think those will move as fast as teh PS1 games.

[quote name='purpleshaman']I'm in St. Louis. It seems that inconsistency could be at hand, since it wasn't just the employee that I talked to today that said the Sunday thing (2 other workers who I had talked to over the course of about a week said the same "It doesn't get into the system until Sunday" thing.)[/QUOTE]

Cool, another St. Louis CAG.

Went to the GC on Geneva Road in the Carol Stream/Wheaton IL area. Bad experience (luckily a short drive though.) Not only did he say the sale started May 1, but he told me it was only NES and SNES games ?!!?

For what it's worth, they had about 5-6 copies of Super Smash Bros for N64. Lots of Majora's Mask as well. Hardly any PS1 games displayed (and zilch rare or even worth having.)

Ed

Here's What I snagged at GC :D
PS
Arc the Lad Collection
Thousand Arms
Eagle One
Time Crisis Titan w/gun
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Armored Core:project Phantasma
Diablo
Saiyuki
Vampire Hunter D
Rpg Maker
Xenogears

Genesis
Phantasy Star II
Uncharted Waters

Snes
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana

N64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Paper Mario
Ogre Battle 64 X 2
Harvest Moon
Bust A Move 2
Super Smash Brothers
Carmagedon

Racine store had very little . . . nothing worthwhile for SNES. . . boo hoo.

PS1 with case was very limited. NG4 are cart only.

N64
Mario 64
Mario Cart
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness (marked $20 RARE???)

Dreamcast
Gundam Side Story 0079 (anyone want it?)

GBC
Zelda oracle of seasons (for me)
Resident Evil Gaiden (never heard of it)

PS1
Galerians ($15)
Final Fantasy VIII (for me)
Alone in the Dark: the New Nightmare ($25)

I am in California.

I went to one Game Crazy, and made sure that the 3 for $15 sale was on. Loaded up my games, and when I was checking out, the cashier got a phone call saying the sale would not start until May 2nd (Monday).

I went to a different Game Crazy, the cashier said that it depended on the local Game Crazy manager to determine if the sale started for that specific store today or May 2nd.

Just got back from the Gamecrazy in Toledo/Sylvania OH on Central Ave. By the time I got there a couple other CAGs had pretty much picked the place clean of all the PSX and N64 stuff I would have wanted. (Sorry guys I can't remember your board names.) But I still got some nice finds to fill holes in the old collection:

N64
-----

Yoshi's Story
Mario 64
Zelda: Majora's Mask

Gameboy
-----------
Dragon Warrior III
Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mario Tennis
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Harvest Moon
Bionic Commando
R Type DX
Donkey Kong
Mega Man
Resident Evil Gaiden
Gradius

and Adventure Island for free since it wasn't in the computer. :)

I have to hand it to the patient Gamecrazy employee that checked us all out. He was the only one working, didn't count on this insanity, and kept having system problems but eventually got us rung up. No signs up at this store about the sale either, but no problems.

schnuth

they told me ps1 and dc are not part of the sale...

but i did get Ogre Battle 64, paper mario, mario party 2

This morning I picked up

N64
Mario Party 3 (x2)
Zelda Majora's Mask

PS1
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Simpsons Wrestling (Couldn't resist)

After reading through here, I called GC and the manager's holding Marvel Vs. Capcom PS1 and Evil Dead: Hail to the King PS1.

schnuth,hansolox1 me and one other guy can't remember the name! We pretty much cleaned out the GC on central ave.(not like they had much anyway) But I got (disks only) parasite eve 1(with xenogears demo) & 2 , and saga frontier...

Got In Houston:
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong Country 3
Zelda LTTP
Zelda Majoras Mask
Vagrant Story
Skies of Arcadia
Orge Battle 64 *2
Final Fantasy Chronicles

[quote name='schnuth']Just got back from the Gamecrazy in Toledo/Sylvania OH on Central Ave. By the time I got there a couple other CAGs had pretty much picked the place clean of all the PSX and N64 stuff I would have wanted. (Sorry guys I can't remember your board names.) But I still got some nice finds to fill holes in the old collection:

N64
-----

Yoshi's Story
Mario 64
Zelda: Majora's Mask

Gameboy
-----------
Dragon Warrior III
Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mario Tennis
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Harvest Moon
Bionic Commando
R Type DX
Donkey Kong
Mega Man
Resident Evil Gaiden
Gradius

and Adventure Island for free since it wasn't in the computer. :)

I have to hand it to the patient Gamecrazy employee that checked us all out. He was the only one working, didn't count on this insanity, and kept having system problems but eventually got us rung up. No signs up at this store about the sale either, but no problems.

schnuth[/QUOTE]

I almost felt bad for the cashier... Hell, I felt bad for myself with my kids acting up.That's cool you got a game for free!

Well I still missed out on Valkrye Profile and Final Fantasy Legend after I went back after they got the situation straightend out but I did get.

Ogrebattle 64
Kirby 64
and
Crystalis (GBA)

At my GC I picked out:

Legend of Mana
Hoshigami
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Harvest Moon 64
Romance OTTK 2 (GEN)

BUT, I go to check out and the guy tells me that the sale doesn't start until Sunday(the 1st)... so I guess I'll be doing this all again in a few days. :headache:

Anyone else enjoying the retro gaming today? Paper Mario was fun, playing Turok 3 now (working down the stack).. seems pretty fun, though I don't know why I'm a chick in the middle of a city in a building with a tomahawk and bow and arrow.. other than that, the game's pretty decent.. lol, I finally buy a Turok game after they go down the tubes.

[quote name='wubb']I made some pretty good finds.

Although the guy at my GC said some dude (Mr. Sweeney) has like 400 games on hold at the area GCs. Asshat.

Dude said they didn't have Paper Mario or any Mario Party, but then said 'Ah, what the hell' and grabbed them from the back for me (hopefully out of the hoarder's stash :twisted: ) He even called another GC he said he knew had Super Smash Bros, but the guy on the phone said they were all defective. Really nice guy.

So I got

N64
Paper Mario
Mario Party 1, 2, 3
Zelda Majora's Mask
Monopoly
New Tetris
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
SnowboardKids 2
BomberMan64

MegaMan X (SNES)
Mario Golf (GBC)
Zelda DX (GB)
Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

Only thing I didn't find which I really wanted was Super Smash Bros. Thanks for the heads up OP, or I would have completely missed out on this :)[/QUOTE]

Anyone with more than 3-4 games held is greedy beyond belief.
That's just so far beyond reasonable that it's shocking that any store would allow ANY large quantity of games to be held. (Large being a pile of 10 or more.)

I plan to stop and look later, but I will have no issue with possibly walking out of the store empty handed.

the clerk at my GC looked up the deal, saw it in fact started today, but said it only applied to Sega Genesis games. he said he could potentially do Dreamcast, so i picked up all complete Sonic Adventure 2, Virtual On, and Mr. Driller. i was so pissed though. he said only one deal per day. and most of the games i wanted were on PS1, so i didn't get shit.

[quote name='Drahken']Well I still missed out on Valkrye Profile and Final Fantasy Legend after I went back after they got the situation straightend out but I did get.

Ogrebattle 64
Kirby 64
and
Crystalis (GBA)[/QUOTE]

i didn't think GBA was ever a part of the deal.

I had class today, so I couldn't get there until 1:00 which sucked. The one game I really wanted that I didn't hide, which I should of, was gone. So no Chrono Cross for me. But I'd say I did alright.

PS1 (all disc only)
Command and Conquer Red Alert
Legend of Dragoon
X-Men Mutant Academy 2

DC (all complete)
Quake III
Soul Calibur
Tony Hawk 2

Might go back for (PS1 all disc only)
Contra Legacy of War
Legend of Legaia
Parasite Eve 1+2

I went in and started looking through the PS1 games, all no disc :mad: and the guy working said "All those are 3 for $15." I acted dumb and said oh really? Some other guy came in to work and was like "These are all 3 for $15? Even PS1? Even Gameboy?" The other guy had about 8 N64 games stacked up in plain site and said it was his pile. Good thing I didn't want N64 games or I would've been pissed.

so i got:
mario kart 64
kirby 64
super mario kart
super mario 64
quest 64
wild arms
at my GC#1 here, onto GC#2 and GC#3

I got:
N64:
Paper Mario
Mario Party 3
RE2

SNES:
Super Metroid(yay!)
Super Castlevania 4
Illusion of Gaia (complete, oddly enough)

then I went to another store, and they knew nothing about it. I even showed them my receipt, and they thought it must have just been that store that was clearancing. I even talked to the manager. Anyone know how to deal with this? (they had kirby and ogre battle for N64)

the cashier at my GC also couldn't mix and match. all had to be from the same system.

i can't help but feel i got ripped. i got three games, worth $60 all told, for a quarter of that price, but i didn't get any PS1 games, of which i saw all complete Bushido Blade 2, Brave Fencer Musashi, Civilization II, Driver 2 (non-GH), and some more.

here's my score -

- n64

mario tennis
mario kart 64
bust a move 99
mario party
yoshi's story
star fox 64
banjo tooie
aidyn chronicles (damn thing was originally $29 so i thought it'b be good. has very low scores EVERYWHERE)
super smash brothers
pokemon stadium 2
kirby 64
golden eye
snowboard kids 2
legend of zelda - mask
legend of zelda - ocarina
mario golf
rampage

- gbc

zelda - ages

i was gonna get mario party 3 but they were having trouble with their system. they put it on hold for me until the manager gets there tomorrow morning.

I'm going to my GC in about an hour, I'm planning on picking up Excitebike 64,Zelda and either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark all for the N64.

bread's done
Back