PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

You don't think 3 million WW sales by next holiday season is feasible?
So 1 year? PC and Xbox combined. I'm just talking about 2015 sales, so just Xbox and no PC added. By next holiday it will have released on all three platforms, so 3 million definitely. What we are saying is it won't hit a million at Xbox release, and it won't hit 2 after PC release.

I can wait a year.. I waited almost a year to play the last one.. I also imagine with that time frame the PS4 version will likely be the "definitive" release and include all DLC etc.

1 million by the end of 2015 would be tough, but my guess is that goal will be accomplished.

Yes, I'm including any sale of RotTR, doesn't really matter consider the Xbox versions will outsell PC significantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you including pc sales?

Like I said the install base for x1 is a lot smaller than 360. Even more so when you include worldwide.

Like best said we were just talking about 2015
The does bring up a point though. Even if it's on peasant last-gen hardware, RotTR will come out on the 360 as well this November. I completely forgot about that. That should help out monumentally for Xbox sales of RotTR given that the 360 install base, like you mentioned, is still a huge market

LOL been trying to play to a server disconnect screen for about 20min now there is going to be another update aparrently tonight around 1am PDT

I don't, sorry. 

It's possible, but can't really state how much of the TR/Halo 4 had an effect on sales.

You really used that site?
care to site something that shows 360 sold more? vgchartz isnt 100% accurate, but they give a decent estimate. so either find something to back up your claim that TR did better on 360 or dont bitch about vgchartz

edit: i see deader already said the same thing and you dont, so i guess its option #2 for you then

LOL been trying to play to a server disconnect screen for about 20min now there is going to be another update aparrently tonight around 1am PDT
Capcom will learn soon enough that making their signature franchise (that typically requires a decent connection to the internet for most players) exclusive to the console with the shakiest online stability was probably a mistake. More power to Sony for gaining exclusivity, but with how unreliable PSN is currently, people will get mad fast

Capcom will learn soon enough that making their signature franchise (that typically requires a decent connection to the internet for most players) exclusive to the console with the shakiest online stability was probably a mistake. More power to Sony for gaining exclusivity, but with how unreliable PSN is currently, people will get mad fast
I dont think this is really a PSN issue.

Also, i mean, you do know this is the whole point of a beta test right?

Yeah I haven't gotten any luck either. The launch of every beta is always crappy at the beginning though. I don't know why I expected things to be different tonight though.

I dont think this is really a PSN issue.

Also, i mean, you do know this is the whole point of a beta test right?
Right, but the PSN is known for going down for one thing or another at least once a week. This is on Capcom's part (for now), but once the final product gets released, it's probably going to be a PSN outage problem more so than Capcom servers

My one has more problems than my ps4 I gave up playing destiny on it since anytime I logged on my friends list never showed up or I was kicked atleast once a night

Still cant get into a match, fuck.

Lol at this exaggeration, yeah the PSN has had its issues just the same as XBL this gen, but when the PSN goes down it gets more attention for some reason.
It's in the Xbox fanboy handbook along with PS4 has no games and PSN is insecure.. they really don't have much else so they just cling on to the tried and true arguments..

Still cant get into a match, fuck.

Lol at this exaggeration, yeah the PSN has had its issues just the same as XBL this gen, but when the PSN goes down it gets more attention for some reason.
It will be down until further notice. They are planning to reschedule it.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12825622" timestamp="1437768590"]It's in the Xbox fanboy handbook along with PS4 has no games and PSN is insecure.. they really don't have much else so they just cling on to the tried and true arguments..[/quote]
Sounds about right.

so for anyone whose played Street Fighter V how is it. I'm one of those SFII fans who didn't like the play & feel of SFIV so, does SFV continue the SFIV gameplay or is it something else (a little SFII with some SFIII?).

It's in the Xbox fanboy handbook along with PS4 has no games and PSN is insecure.. they really don't have much else so they just cling on to the tried and true arguments..
Everyone fights in the console wars
We don't like ours but we sure hate yours
It's Xbox One vs. PS4
Let the bodies hit the floor

Anyone know of a way to fix a corrupted backup data for the PS4? I backed everything up when I swapped to a bigger HDD but when I tried to restored it on the new HDD it said the backup data was corrupted. I also formatted the old drive already thinking everything was fine when the restore process was working for a few minutes. Now I am screwed since I can't redownload P.T. and for some reason my Mortal Kombat X save never uploaded to the PSN cloud.

August PS+ titles announced!
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Kind of disappointing, this may be one of the worst months that I've seen.
Been kinda curious about Tomb Raider for awhile now so I'm content with that, but the rest is just dreck. That clone game was fun for about 14 minutes then... Nah. Limbo I own on ps3 and vita and have never finished it. So yeah, solid D- for the month

Good idea! Hopefully we start seeing some better games on a monthly basis.

This month is alright, but like everyone else I have most of these games. Tomb Raider will be nice since I have somehow not already bought it and have wanted to play it for awhile now, but Rocket League I feel has set the bar pretty high when it comes to PS Plus games, as it was new, immediately addicting, and above all else a fun game.

I went to play Rogue Legacy for the first time in a few months and my save wqs just gone from the hard drive. I know I didn't delete it. This really sucks.

Anyone know of a way to fix a corrupted backup data for the PS4? I backed everything up when I swapped to a bigger HDD but when I tried to restored it on the new HDD it said the backup data was corrupted. I also formatted the old drive already thinking everything was fine when the restore process was working for a few minutes. Now I am screwed since I can't redownload P.T. and for some reason my Mortal Kombat X save never uploaded to the PSN cloud.
I don't have any tips since i use the stock hard drive. Yikes sorry to hear that bud.

Too bad they couldnt just give each person the free game they want and offer the other two discounted, instead of it having to win the majority of the vote to actually be free. Guess its better than no choice though.

bread's done
Back