PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I think they should handle it the way they did the "Welcome Back" program: Pick a couple games from a few selected titles. Of course, I'm ok with the proposed vote, it's certainly better than what we have now. At the end of the day though, let's be honest: there's always gonna be a group of people who will bitch about the process regardless of what it is!

I get the voting thing and maybe it will turn out for the better, but it worries me just a little.

There are plenty of people out there that hate on indie games for no reason. People probably would have voted more for Killzone Shadow Fall than they would have for Rocket League, just because it's a "AAA" retail game... Despite the fact that they're both the same price and Rocket League is viewed as a much better game.

Anyone have an issue with their PS 4 just not recognizing and playing some blu ray movies? I have tried the same movies on 3 different ps4's in my house on different TV's. I put the movie in and the icon never appears on my dashboard to start the movie. I put that same movie in my ps3 and it's recognized.

I get the voting thing and maybe it will turn out for the better, but it worries me just a little.

There are plenty of people out there that hate on indie games for no reason. People probably would have voted more for Killzone Shadow Fall than they would have for Rocket League, just because it's a "AAA" retail game... Despite the fact that they're both the same price and Rocket League is viewed as a much better game.
But I am pretty sure the voting was confirmed to be similar titles, they wouldn't put a AAA title up against an indie

Anyone else hyped for Galak-Z? I've been really excited about this game for what seems like forever and it will finally be here tomorrow! Can't wait to start playing this, anyone else excited about this? (Also Rare Replay tomorrow!!!!)

Anyone else hyped for Galak-Z? I've been really excited about this game for what seems like forever and it will finally be here tomorrow! Can't wait to start playing this, anyone else excited about this? (Also Rare Replay tomorrow!!!!)
I was excited for Rare Replay, then I found out most of the games are just the Backwards Compatible 360 versions.

Still playing Wild Hunt, I was finishing side quests before I did what I thought was the last main quest in the game. Turns out I was completely wrong. This game is taking a lot longer to finish then I anticipated. Still want to finish Wild Hunt and play Batman before Until Dawn releases. Then hopefully finish Until Dawn before MadMax/Phantom Pain.

Anyone have an issue with their PS 4 just not recognizing and playing some blu ray movies? I have tried the same movies on 3 different ps4's in my house on different TV's. I put the movie in and the icon never appears on my dashboard to start the movie. I put that same movie in my ps3 and it's recognized.
You're not alone, seems to be an issue with the most recent firmware but there was an additional patch recently that was supposed to address it.

http://segmentnext.com/2015/07/28/playstation-4-disc-reading-problem/

I was excited for Rare Replay, then I found out most of the games are just the Backwards Compatible 360 versions.

Still playing Wild Hunt, I was finishing side quests before I did what I thought was the last main quest in the game. Turns out I was completely wrong. This game is taking a lot longer to finish then I anticipated. Still want to finish Wild Hunt and play Batman before Until Dawn releases. Then hopefully finish Until Dawn before MadMax/Phantom Pain.
Good luck with finishing The Witcher and Batman before Until Dawn.... :rofl:

But seriously psyched for Until Dawn, one of the only games my wife has ever played with me was HEavy Rain, and she likes horror movies... so win-win. Not to mention Madden comes out the same day so I will have something to play when she is not around without advancing Until Dawn's Story.

Yea, I know. I'm sure Until Dawn will just end up in my backlog. Maybe I can finish, Wild Hunt, Batman, Until Dawn, Mad Max, and Phantom Pain before October ends. Not to mention, I'll also be throwing some Madden and Rock Band 4.

Seriously though without spoiling anything, how close am I on Wild Hunt? I just finished the Bald Mountain Quest and broke into the Prison.

Took my kids to Kennywood(local amusement park) yesterday and tried to play last night but started passing out. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

But seriously psyched for Until Dawn, one of the only games my wife has ever played with me was HEavy Rain, and she likes horror movies... so win-win. Not to mention Madden comes out the same day so I will have something to play when she is not around without advancing Until Dawn's Story.
My girlfriend is really hyped for Until Dawn, so we will be picking it up. Here's to hoping it's as good as it looks!

My girlfriend is really hyped for Until Dawn, so we will be picking it up. Here's to hoping it's as good as it looks!
everyone that has played it says horror heavy rain... so if you enjoy that, it should be good. Just wonder how the whole story will be since that is the only thing that hasn't been revealed really.

From my understanding the game is pretty varied in the way of story. Everyone could die or one/multiple people can survive. During a e3 interview someone said there's no game over screen or reloading, if everyone dies that's just the story that you tell.

Galak-Z is amazing if anyone is curious. Really enjoying the game. It's hard, the AI is excellent, it's rewarding, and just a blast to play.

At first I was super excited for MadMax, then before and around e3 it didn't seem very good. That gameplay video has raised my expectations a little though. It might turn out to be pretty decent.

Also anyone see Tony Hawk, apparently they completely redid the graphics in the past month or so.

That's just weird. Honestly, the graphics was the least if my concerns with this game. I still play the originals on PS1. They are proof this series doesn't need good graphics. It's the gameplay that matters!

That's just weird. Honestly, the graphics was the least if my concerns with this game. I still play the originals on PS1. They are proof this series doesn't need good graphics. It's the gameplay that matters!
While I agree with you, when THPS5 was first shown, the graphics seemed really disappointing. The graphics don't really matter, but it doesn't need to look like a PS2 game either. It's hard to tell with photos how different it'll turn out. Maybe with the Cel-Shading, they're going for the less realistic graphics.

Finally finished Wild Hunt last night, hope to start Arkham Knight tonight.

Think this is a good place to post this, if anyone is interested in the new PS4 model CUH-1215A.

Apparently it's available at Gamestop in New York city.
So maybe available in other cities soon or now.
It's in the Last of Us bundle.
On the box it will show the matte hard drive cover.
And CUH-1215A printed on the bottom.

This reddit page shows pictures of the console out of the box, and of the box. The guy bought it in New York at GS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3gb8ye/new_ps4_cuh1215cuh1200_are_now_available_in_na/

Someone also mentioned they bought one from Target, in the Target ad thread for August 9th.

Think this is a good place to post this, if anyone is interested in the new PS4 model CUH-1215A.
Apparently it's available at Gamestop in New York city.
So maybe available in other cities soon or now.
It's in the Last of Us bundle.
On the box it will show the matte hard drive cover.
And CUH-1215A printed on the bottom.
This reddit page shows pictures of the console out of the box, and of the box. The guy bought it in New York at GS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3gb8ye/new_ps4_cuh1215cuh1200_are_now_available_in_na/
Someone also mentioned they bought one from Target, in the Target ad thread for August 9th.
I read that the custom hdd covers might not fit the new model. Isn't it exactly the same on the outside?

So... Outside of the obvious external change, is anything else different?

Personally, I think the all matte finish looks slightly worse the the juxtaposition of the OG model.

So... Outside of the obvious external change, is anything else different?

Personally, I think the all matte finish looks slightly worse the the juxtaposition of the OG model.
Lot more internal changes, smaller power supply, less power consumption, quieter as a result.

Went to Target looking for the 1215 with no luck. Asked around and they said check back Saturday when they'll get a new shipment.

I'm digging Target's current deal with a couple free games thrown into any PS4 bundle purchase. I'm thinking if they still don't have the new one by Saturday, I'll snag the deal and sell off this console (and probably the games) once I find a 1215.

So my question is, what's the easiest way to handle game saves in the meantime? I already have a 2TB HDD but I'm guessing I can just use the original HDD in the first console, and USB transfer over saves to the new one when it's ready.

Went to Target looking for the 1215 with no luck. Asked around and they said check back Saturday when they'll get a new shipment.
I'm digging Target's current deal with a couple free games thrown into any PS4 bundle purchase. I'm thinking if they still don't have the new one by Saturday, I'll snag the deal and sell off this console (and probably the games) once I find a 1215.
So my question is, what's the easiest way to handle game saves in the meantime? I already have a 2TB HDD but I'm guessing I can just use the original HDD in the first console, and USB transfer over saves to the new one when it's ready.
You can upload your saves if you have PS+. Or you could even use a flash drive.

Anyone else excited for Dying Light The Following? I really enjoyed the base game and think this looks fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS experience is coming to SF this year. I'm going to try to go again since it's an hour away for me. Would be cool to meet up with some cags there.

It's definitely a upgrade over the Batman bundle, but the controller looks horrible.

I really hope that classic game voucher isn't a PS4 exclusive either.

It's definitely a upgrade over the Batman bundle, but the controller looks horrible.I really hope that classic game voucher isn't a PS4 exclusive either.
Going to assume it is. Controller is Vader themed. I like it. Sony is going to have a huge holiday with these two bundles.

I think the console itself is kinda meh but I like the controller. I'm still salty over the MGSV console being excluded from NA, that's the one I would jump on.

Just that blue button on top throws it off. The front is fine.

Going have to do some research on this bundle then, if anything I can buy the voucher from someone whenever I get the PS4.

Just that blue button on top throws it off. The front is fine. Going have to do some research on this bundle then, if anything I can buy the voucher from someone whenever I get the PS4.
From the article:

Thanks for the feedback! The DualShock 4 colors align with Vader’s chest computer :)

Don't know if you know about them, but reminds me of the Kendrick Lamar Reeboks that recently released.

I like that the touch pad and area around vader has the star wars logo etched in.  Looks pretty nice if you ask me..  that said the Metal Gear maroon was on another level..  should not have been excluded from North America.

I like that the touch pad and area around vader has the star wars logo etched in. Looks pretty nice if you ask me.. that said the Metal Gear maroon was on another level.. should not have been excluded from North America.
If it had stayed JPN exclusive I wouldn't be quite so upset, but the fact it's also being offered in the UK just really bothers me.

I want it! Lol

New blog post & info on The Drake Collection.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/17/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-story-trailer-revealed/

I'm excited to play through these games again. I sold my original launch PS3 before Drakes Fortune released(I prefered the 360 over the ps3). Then picked up another ps3 after acquiring a ton of GS Credit. After purchasing my second PS3, I was all in on playstation and never looked back. I played the first two Uncharted games back to back, right before the release of Uncharted 3.

Uncharted is probably my all time favorite franchise. Day one digital buy for me.

New blog post & info on The Drake Collection.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/17/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-story-trailer-revealed/

I'm excited to play through these games again. I sold my original launch PS3 before Drakes Fortune released(I prefered the 360 over the ps3). Then picked up another ps3 after acquiring a ton of GS Credit. After purchasing my second PS3, I was all in on playstation and never looked back. I played the first two Uncharted games back to back, right before the release of Uncharted 3.

Uncharted is probably my all time favorite franchise. Day one digital buy for me.
Ha, that is nearly exactly what I did, got UC1 and 2 with my new console the summer before UC3, so enjoying them all together was great and I can't wait to play through them again for all the trophies and the experience all over again.

bread's done
Back