PlayStation Move - Launching September 19, 2010 (US)

Don't know if this has been answered but...

Can the move work if the eye camera isn't under /above the TV? My current TV setup has my TV center and all my equipment is in a cabinet 8-10 feet to the left of the TV. Anyone have a similar setup that can answer that question?

[quote name='lordopus99']Don't know if this has been answered but...

Can the move work if the eye camera isn't under /above the TV? My current TV setup has my TV center and all my equipment is in a cabinet 8-10 feet to the left of the TV. Anyone have a similar setup that can answer that question?[/QUOTE]

The camera SHOULD (I'm not saying it will) work as long as you have it pointed at your playspace. Just know that the cord is super short.

There are even some games that require that you move the eye from the standard position, such as Eyepet.

I would imagine it would work, but it'd probably a bit awkward to play (aiming would take some getting used to since you wouldn't aim at your TV).

The best thing to do is get a USB extension cable so that you can place it above the TV. That's the best way the Eye would work for Move.

Something like this should work: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F3U134...ZWXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287768433&sr=8-2

41YACH632BL._AA300_.jpg

Cheaper one made by Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...7GUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287768433&sr=8-1

Any opinions on the bowling games for Move. If I'm not mistaken, there are two choices. I never had a Wii, so I haven't had that experience. May as well try it, but I'd rather just pick the better one...or skip it if they stink.

So, I got my PS3/Move bundle from Subway today. After the couple hours or so it took to transfer from the old to the new console, I popped in Sports Champions.

I don't think this is gonna work well in my apartment...well, unless I can find a good way to get the PSEye above my TV. Since it doesn't tilt up or down, it aims pretty low when sitting below the TV. It's a 50" plasma, and it's not wall mounted. It's also thin, which makes it tough to try and get to sit up there. Since it's pointed low, I cannot stand to do any of this; from the couch is the only place I fit into the box.

Bocce was fun...but since I was never really interested in Move anyway, it seemed like something we'll play for a week or two (and then it will collect dust). I plan on getting Heavy Rain soon, but that was just due to me wanting it; the Move stuff really didn't persuade me further.

How did you guys get that on your small flat-screens? Some kind of tape or something? I don't really want to stick anything on my TV... (The Wii sensor sits perfectly up there alone.)

[quote name='Rig']So, I got my PS3/Move bundle from Subway today. After the couple hours or so it took to transfer from the old to the new console, I popped in Sports Champions.

I don't think this is gonna work well in my apartment...well, unless I can find a good way to get the PSEye above my TV. Since it doesn't tilt up or down, it aims pretty low when sitting below the TV. It's a 50" plasma, and it's not wall mounted. It's also thin, which makes it tough to try and get to sit up there. Since it's pointed low, I cannot stand to do any of this; from the couch is the only place I fit into the box.

Bocce was fun...but since I was never really interested in Move anyway, it seemed like something we'll play for a week or two (and then it will collect dust). I plan on getting Heavy Rain soon, but that was just due to me wanting it; the Move stuff really didn't persuade me further.

How did you guys get that on your small flat-screens? Some kind of tape or something? I don't really want to stick anything on my TV... (The Wii sensor sits perfectly up there alone.)[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn the Eye could tilt up and down. Have you tried the hang over the TV method? It's perfect for thin sets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCuZdOXmMY&feature=related

Damn, that hanging method did work! And now that it's sitting there like that, it seems silly that I had not tried that myself. :lol:

It does tilt, too. I guess a new camera was just very tight; I had to pull with a little more force to start the tilt.

Thanks!

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone try Toy Story 3 with move yet? How is the implementation?[/QUOTE]
I've got it on the shelf, but haven't bothered putting it in since the update. Supposedly it's just a mini-game patched onto the title screen.

[quote name='nbballard']I've got it on the shelf, but haven't bothered putting it in since the update. Supposedly it's just a mini-game patched onto the title screen.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I should be getting it in from Gamefly today.. I'll check it out, but if its just a mini game, oh well, I thought you could play the whole game with Move.

so that's why the ps eye has a flat back huh?!?!

I moved my ps3 to the bedroom so I could use Move. I swear I read somewhere that you couldn't use a USB extension on the eye because of the amount of data traveling the length or something.

I would prefer to have the ps3 in the family room, where it was, to use on the 92" projector. Will go home and tinker and check for any noticable lag tonight I guess.

[quote name='shadowkast']so that's why the ps eye has a flat back huh?!?!

I moved my ps3 to the bedroom so I could use Move. I swear I read somewhere that you couldn't use a USB extension on the eye because of the amount of data traveling the length or something.

I would prefer to have the ps3 in the family room, where it was, to use on the 92" projector. Will go home and tinker and check for any noticable lag tonight I guess.[/QUOTE]

You can use an extension on the eye just fine. I have a good 20' extension cable plugged in to mine and it works well.

It's made by a company called "PDP". They're officially licensed though. PDP also makes their own Eye Extension cable, so they've basically thought of everything, lol http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Move-Exte...6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288033256&sr=1-16

Sony would have been smart to make those too, or you know, include a mounting clip like that with the Eye to begin with. I'll probably just use the hang over technique when I get the Move

I use a 15 foot usb extension from monoprice to use with my 106" projector, move works perfect with it. I played Time Crisis Razing Storm last night, Deadstorm Pirates is the best game to hit this gen so far.

Picked up The Shoot the otherday. I really enjoyed the demo, and the western themed levels are fun- but the rest of the game has been kind of underwhelming. The ability to lean left or right to dodge attacks is cool, and you can pistol whip people, but the basic special move is hard to trigger unless you are standing up while playing.

Anyone else play it?

It is interesting that the two poor review scores on metacritic (one being IGN) seem to be by reviewers who don't particularly care for light gun games, the IGN guy kept trying to play in the half-assed FPS mode with a DS3.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Ouch...IGN gave Time Crisis a 4/10....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1130393p1.html[/QUOTE]

They're terribly inconsistent. They said all of the games included are terrible, yet one of the games is Time Crisis 4 which IGN themselves gave an 8.0. They're also nitpicky as all hell. Additionally, not that it makes it better, but the average of all the scores equals a 4.9. They pulled the 4.0 final score right out of their ass like they usually do.

[quote name='nbballard']Picked up The Shoot the otherday. I really enjoyed the demo, and the western themed levels are fun- but the rest of the game has been kind of underwhelming. The ability to lean left or right to dodge attacks is cool, and you can pistol whip people, but the basic special move is hard to trigger unless you are standing up while playing.

Anyone else play it?[/QUOTE]

Loved the demo on the fence about picking it up

[quote name='bjstucker']Loved the demo on the fence about picking it up[/QUOTE]
I'm usually not one to say this, but unless you really love games like this- i'd wait until it drops.

IGN is a joke for giving time crisis a 4, the game is excellent and really fun. Deadstorm Pirates is basically the best light gun game released for home consoles imo, its such a blast.

Looks like they finally added (unlocked) the MOVE patch for High Velocity Bowling for everyone now (not just PSN+)

I just tried a local game or two and I must say I'm not impressed.
one thing the spin seems to be reversed? I'm right handed and when I bowl, i usually bowl straight, but I know you can twist your wrist a bit to spin the ball but it seems to spin to the left instead of right.. Anyone else have issues with this?

Oh and the MOVE trailer is real cheesy lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYAHg5UGBQ

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitz6speed']IGN is a joke for giving time crisis a 4, the game is excellent and really fun. Deadstorm Pirates is basically the best light gun game released for home consoles imo, its such a blast.[/QUOTE]

I want to get this, but I'll likely wait for it to hit $20-30.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's made by a company called "PDP". They're officially licensed though. PDP also makes their own Eye Extension cable, so they've basically thought of everything, lol http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Move-Exte...6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288033256&sr=1-16

Sony would have been smart to make those too, or you know, include a mounting clip like that with the Eye to begin with. I'll probably just use the hang over technique when I get the Move[/QUOTE]

Gamestop/EB has these in store as well, that's where I got mine. Can't find it on the website, but I think it was $15 in store. I use one and am very happy with it.

Well, it looks like PAIN just received a Move patch today.. was like 200 megs.
Just updated when I launched it (dont need to download a patch from the PS Store).

I don't have any of the addons/DLC for PAIN so I tried it on Downtown and PAIN labs.
It's not too bad the way its implemented, but basically instead of using the slingshot, you just throw your character by holding the T button and let go, however, you aim left and right with X & O.
Thought it looks like they took away the online (was locked from main menu) and there was another Move specific item on the main menu that didn't work.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']First review for The Fight. Ok, so I'm posting an IGN review, but they got theirs out first, so it's all I have to go on.

While I'll reserve my opinion until I play a demo or rent it, it's kinda sad since this was one of the titles I was looking forward to the most....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1131355p1.html[/QUOTE]

Bleh, I was also hoping for something worth purchasing. If the Wii can pull something of the quality of Punch out , how can Sony fail so badly. Especially after looking at how well Sports Champions works.

Picked up two Move controllers over the weekend and Sports Champions. I was pleasantly surprised how well the hardware works, not to mention how much fun Bocce, archery and disc golf turned out to be. Will I be playing this regularly a year from now? Probably not, but I'm hoping some great games that take advantage of the hardware come out soon.

[quote name='coolz481']Can anyone give me a quick opinion: is the Move support sufficiently good enough to pick up RE5 gold over the original version?[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying the Move stuff on RE5 Gold. I would say that if you really enjoyed RE4: Wii, then you'll really enjoy RE5: Move.

If there's another two $40 games you want, RE5 Gold is a part of Amazon's B2G1 Sale.
http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil...BE24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288653778&sr=8-1

[quote name='dragonjud']Bleh, I was also hoping for something worth purchasing. If the Wii can pull something of the quality of Punch out , how can Sony fail so badly. Especially after looking at how well Sports Champions works.[/QUOTE]

Because this was a launch title, and punch out came out many years into the systems life span? The Fight won't represent the quality of all move games to come...

Hey guys, I just picked up the move today and so far its been fun as hell. Lots better than the wii. Is it really important to get a second move controller? I played the gladiator and archery with just the one control and it seems pretty well off. I looked at the other move comp. games coming out and don't see too many of them using 2 wands. I'm guessing this question has been asked before but don't feel like going through all these pages. thanks.

Has anyone picked up The Shoot? I didn't think much of the game till I played the demo and had a blast with it. I'd consider grabbing it for $20, but $40 for a light gun shooter is a bit much (though I do like the idea of varying environments).

[quote name='bobo2k4']Hey guys, I just picked up the move today and so far its been fun as hell. Lots better than the wii. Is it really important to get a second move controller? I played the gladiator and archery with just the one control and it seems pretty well off. I looked at the other move comp. games coming out and don't see too many of them using 2 wands. I'm guessing this question has been asked before but don't feel like going through all these pages. thanks.[/QUOTE]

you don't need a second move controller for sports champion. 2 move controls archery takes time to get adjusted, well for me.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Has anyone picked up The Shoot? I didn't think much of the game till I played the demo and had a blast with it. I'd consider grabbing it for $20, but $40 for a light gun shooter is a bit much (though I do like the idea of varying environments).[/QUOTE]

Seemed to get average reviews, and so for $40.00 it will likely struggle. Waiting for Black Friday or after deals. Also looking at $20.00 or below.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Has anyone picked up The Shoot? I didn't think much of the game till I played the demo and had a blast with it. I'd consider grabbing it for $20, but $40 for a light gun shooter is a bit much (though I do like the idea of varying environments).[/QUOTE]
The cowboy stages are fun, but the Robot and Mob stages were pretty boring. I can't tell you how the underwater stage is because I stopped playing it.

I'd wait for it to drop a little unless you really like shooters, or you have kids to play it with.

Anyone been playing The Fight: Lights Out?
Got it from Gamefly and it's not too bad, not sure if I'd keep it, though, but you get a good workout. :)
Every time I try to go online to play or to view & bet on fights, no one is playing. Also I can't figure out how to invite friends.

Played the Move at Best Buy today and I was pretty impressed.

Would consider it for the Shoot and Time Crisis, although I've heard Time Crisis has some calibration problems.

bread's done
Back