PlayStation Move - Launching September 19, 2010 (US)

[quote name='Das_Regal']In other news, Echocrome II is fantastic. It just might beat out Tumble for "best move game" currently.[/QUOTE]

I've lost most of winter break to Echocrhrome II sessions. It's one of the best reasons to own a Move and enjoy motion gaming period.

Playing now. Having a blast with archery. Really hoping they patch in multiplayer sometime this year. That would really open this game up for people out of the box for new and current owners alike.

Couldn't possibly wait any longer so I used the GS deal of 2 Move games (new) for $49.99 and picked up The Fight : Lights out and Start the Party.

Fight really is amazing. After 3 days of play and a few thousand punches later, my arms are dead. Be prepared to sweat a good deal and have the game take a physical toll on you

Start the party is alright. Definitely a "party" type game that is more enjoyable with a friends over. It only uses 1 motion controller so that might be a benefit for some.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Couldn't possibly wait any longer so I used the GS deal of 2 Move games (new) for $49.99 and picked up The Fight : Lights out and Start the Party.

Fight really is amazing. After 3 days of play and a few thousand punches later, my arms are dead. Be prepared to sweat a good deal and have the game take a physical toll on you

Start the party is alright. Definitely a "party" type game that is more enjoyable with a friends over. It only uses 1 motion controller so that might be a benefit for some.[/QUOTE]

I love The Fight. It's more of a workout than people think (in a good way though since your buddies are all along for the ride too).

Waiting for some price drops. Looking to pick up The Fight and Time Crisis sometime. Fingers crossed for a slight deal on the Move controller because I need a second one for my fiancé.

i personally thought ape escape (original) had a very innovative control scheme when it hit. Its use of dual analogs was really ground breaking. Hopefully they can repeat that again with the Move controls.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i personally thought ape escape (original) had a very innovative control scheme when it hit. Its use of dual analogs was really ground breaking. Hopefully they can repeat that again with the Move controls.[/QUOTE]

Tried the demo yesterday, and it's pretty fun, but I coulnt figure out how to do the power up move with slingshot.
What they should do for this series is like what they did with Sly Cooper collection.. Remake all the old games in HD and then have the move specific game as a bonus.. I'd buy that for $40.

[quote name='SynGamer']Waiting for some price drops. Looking to pick up The Fight and Time Crisis sometime. Fingers crossed for a slight deal on the Move controller because I need a second one for my fiancé.[/QUOTE]

Both of those are great games that will be even better with this bad boy.

[quote name='erequena']I think this one will be even better (Sony Official, more functionality than just a 'case' for the controller)[/QUOTE]

Actually you're right - good call. I'll always go with a first party peripheral over some sketchy brand. Thanks Sony for the quality!

I got a move from Amazon and it arrived this morning. I started charging it around 11am, it's now 6 and the light is still blinking. Is this normal?

Anyone try the full version of Eyepet Move yet?
I finally got around to go to my sister's and get it set up for my little niece (we got the bundle for them as a Christmas gift but they never bothered to hook it up)
Anyway, got it working OK, and played for a little bit, but we could not get past the Drawing part of the game, where you had to draw on a piece of paper in black marker and then show it to the camera, then Eyepet is supposed to draw it. for some reason the damn camera would NOT read the drawing at all, and we had it within the borders.. Anyone else have this issue, or is there a way to skip this part of the game so my niece can play the other games?e

Played some Top Darts with a friend the other day and that's a game you should definitley avoid. It's a classic example of a game that has terrible controls that ruin what looks like a really cool game in every other aspect. To throw a dart, you have to point at the board where you want to aim, hold down the move button, and make a quick flick motion while letting go of the move button at the perfect time. You're not allowed to pull the controller back like you naturally would when throwing a dart, so it leads to a lot of frustration when you have to make several attempts to get one good throw. It's also the British sport version of darts and not the casual bar game that it is over here, so it's oddly serious for a game about darts despite featuring terms like "Diddle for the Middle."

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone try the full version of Eyepet Move yet?
I finally got around to go to my sister's and get it set up for my little niece (we got the bundle for them as a Christmas gift but they never bothered to hook it up)
Anyway, got it working OK, and played for a little bit, but we could not get past the Drawing part of the game, where you had to draw on a piece of paper in black marker and then show it to the camera, then Eyepet is supposed to draw it. for some reason the damn camera would NOT read the drawing at all, and we had it within the borders.. Anyone else have this issue, or is there a way to skip this part of the game so my niece can play the other games?e[/QUOTE]
I thought in the move version that you just outlined the shape on the screen with the Move.

I have it, and I played it for 2 days. It was enjoyable, but hard to play with my cats milling around in the floor (they assumed I was playing with them... so foolish).

Yeah maybe the drawing on the scrren challenge comes next, but the paper drawing one is the first one u do.

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone try the full version of Eyepet Move yet?
Anyway, got it working OK, and played for a little bit, but we could not get past the Drawing part of the game, where you had to draw on a piece of paper in black marker and then show it to the camera, then Eyepet is supposed to draw it. for some reason the damn camera would NOT read the drawing at all, and we had it within the borders.. Anyone else have this issue, or is there a way to skip this part of the game so my niece can play the other games?e[/QUOTE]

Yup that was quite annoying. Try a black marker with a very wide point. You basically have to make it very simple, and it must be within the borders. Draw a box, and two circles for the car. The simpler the better.

Oh, and get ready for more headaches with recognition. The garden part was also quite infuriating. Not a bad game for kids to enjoy, but some of the recognition issues make it tough to enjoy during some sections.

Oh I think the picture said we had to make a house with a tree, not a car.. I'll ask my sister if they messed with it anymore, and to try using a felt marker or something.
Its just annoying it wouldn't read it that well because of the crappy lighting in their living room. Too bad it wont let you skip those parts for technical reasons.

Oh did anyone pick up Tumble on the PSN sale? I've only played the demo and liked it a lot, but for $5, you can't go wrong. :) Is the multiplayer only local or is there an online mode?

I can't get gold on the one pile on type level where there's different types of blocks and they only give u 3 at a time.

Yeah and the first bonus level was pretty annoying, where they only give ya the wooden tetris piece, the plastic cheese wedge piece, and the little rubber pyramid. Took me like 15 minutes to get it and I was more frustrated with the physics on that level then the actual placement of the pieces, since I knew where they were supposed to go. :)

BTW does anyone know if there's a you-tube export feature for Tumble? I don't recall seeing it in the menus.

This may have been touched upon already, but I just got the PS3 Move Starter bundle from Amazon WHD. Here is my question. Is the Eye supposed to pivot with very loose tension? I find it very annoying to position, and centering it at the whim of the usb cable is the only way to do it. Any thoughts? If I got a defective unit I would like to know so I can return it.

Thanks!

[quote name='nbballard']I've got 2 PSEyes myself, and the pivot joint is stiff and difficult to adjust. I'd take it back.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying. Guess I am emailing Amazon now.

Does anyone know how the motion control would work with these dancing games? I assume you'd need 2 move controllers - one for each hand. But then what about body/legs? The eyetoy?

Hmm. That's a lot more simple than I thought it would be. I'm gonna have to try this one out for myself to see how they set it up for the move.

I saw they have Dance Dance Revolution at Best Buy (supports Move) and also Zumba Fitness :) Not sure if those are like Just Dance at all.

I think its a good idea for game devs .. maybe that will mean can use Move in the PC port of portal 2?

All they're doing is bringing tools to the PC for people to mess with, which doesn't seem like it'll give us anything on the PS3. So it doesn't matter to me at all.

[quote name='Sinistar']I think its a good idea for game devs .. maybe that will mean can use Move in the PC port of portal 2?[/QUOTE]

Man, if they ever made this my head would explode. Such a logical use of the move controls I'm surprised it isn't already in the works.

I got a demo code for Move Heroes from PlayStation Rewards. I already played it from the Facebook giveaway. If a non-PS+ subscriber wants the code, send me a PM and it's yours.

Edit: Gone

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back